Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...218219220221222223224225226227228...LastNext
Current Page: 223 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 12, 2021 17:01

Thanks, Bjornulf. Eighteen months, ewwww.

I was kicked out of a place I loved a year ago, lease was up, because my landlord needed it for family members, who only stayed seven months. I've found another place in my former neighborhood, more expensive, of course.

Hey, (all of us here,) we are alive! Better times ahead. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 12, 2021 17:15

bv
One year ago today:

Thursday March 12, 2020. Norway went into lockdown, like most other countries in the world. Toilet paper and canned food sold out in stores. I heated my newspapers in my oven for 15 minutes before I read them, and did my shopping at 8am, when shops were empty.

One year on, today, we are on our way into the third wave. The variants from UK, South Africa and Brazil are building up, they spread among children, a lot more, and we need to close down one more time. Hopefully the last time this year.

I am an optimist. March and April will be tough. We need to stay 2m apart, with masks, but schools may still be open, and vaccines will be going out by the numbers. Then during the summer and the rest of the year, the younger population will be vaccinated as well.

I am sick tired of being at home for a year. Even more boring, I had a major biking accident just the same week as I arrived home from the US tour Sept 2019, so I have stayed at home for 18 - eighteen - months now. Booooooring!

I miss my friends, and I miss having a beer outside in the sun, on tour, or with friends at home. I miss the pit, and I miss the buzz of another tour. But some time, during the next twelve months, there will be great news, I hope. New dates, and the next tour is on. We just need to get rid of the virus first.

I feel you BV. It has been a rough year and we are not out of the woods yet. I definitely miss the pit! But your words give me hope for that 60th anniversary reunion in Europe, maybe with a final show in London, my hometown, which I don’t visit nearly enough!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 14, 2021 08:08

Don’t know what to make of Florida:

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2021 08:29

Herald Sun --- 14 March 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 14, 2021 12:26

JadedFaded

[www.nytimes.com]

Darwin?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 14, 2021 18:24

JadedFaded

[www.nytimes.com]

Nobody does.

Despite a years's worth of predictions of doom because of their supposed mishandling, the situation is no worse there than any other state, better than many.

And the kids are in school.

And as the Times pointed out, Florida, with its huge elderly population, handled the nursing home situation much much better than did my governor, the now fallen St. Andrew (NY).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2021 19:13

Fauci's all over the news programs again today shouting out warnings about new variants spreading, lifting restrictions too early, etc., etc., etc.
It's almost like groundhog day (or doomsday) seeing and hearing him repeatedly say the same things over and over, but guess it can't hurt, and he might convince more people to play it safe.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 14, 2021 22:30

Yes, he may well convince some people.
He's saying this weekend that if we relax the standards now, we could be in for a fourth wave, at least in the States.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 15, 2021 00:34

THE AGE --- 15 March 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: March 15, 2021 01:07

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 15, 2021 01:24

Rockman

The rate of people getting blood clots (and the other symptoms listed) in the general population exceeds the rate of people getting these symptoms after the injection.

So, arguably, getting the injection makes you less likely to have a problem.

This has blow up out of all proportion to a sensible consideration of the evidence. In any large event involving a millions of people something will happen - not because of the event but because of the large numbers.

Yes, it may turn out to be an issue, but based on the published numbers, it's not.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 15, 2021 01:41

I just got my second dose, praise Zeus.

I recently saw a comment by a woman who said "When the nurse injected it into my arm, I felt like I'd been relieved of a burden I didn't even know I was carrying." I think a lot of people can relate.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 15, 2021 03:10

CaptainCorella
Rockman

The rate of people getting blood clots (and the other symptoms listed) in the general population exceeds the rate of people getting these symptoms after the injection.

So, arguably, getting the injection makes you less likely to have a problem.

This has blow up out of all proportion to a sensible consideration of the evidence. In any large event involving a millions of people something will happen - not because of the event but because of the large numbers.

Yes, it may turn out to be an issue, but based on the published numbers, it's not.

"It may turn out to be an issue..." I sincerely hope not but you couldn't pay me enough money to put this in my body. Be well.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 15, 2021 12:30

angee
He's saying this weekend that if we relax the standards now, we could be in for a fourth wave, at least in the States.

Our chief medical officer is saying much the same.

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 15, 2021 13:50

Green Lady
angee

Our chief medical officer is saying much the same.

[www.theguardian.com]

Whitty looks like he's spent his entire life in a lab, only to be allowed outside on special occasions. No, seriously: he's overly cautious. I find Jonathan Van-Tam to be the more realistic and reassuring.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2021 17:28

One of the three health workers who have been hospitalized after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine in Norway, died yesterday.

The Norwegian Medicines Agency emphasizes that this is a rare disease situation. They have a very unusual combination of low platelet counts, blood clots in small and large vessels, and bleeding. Some cases of similar diseases have been reported in several other European countries.

During a press conference today in Norway, the Norwegian Medicines Agency said the AstraZeneca vaccine would probably be on hold until after Easter, i.e. for 3-4 weeks, waiting for more data. The combination of blod cloths and low platelet counts makes it difficult to treat the patients, who all were healthy ahead of getting the AstraZeneca vaccine.

One of the three health workers who have been hospitalized after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine has died (Norway Today 15 March 2021)

Norway reports three more ‘severe blood clots or brain haemorrhages’ after AstraZeneca jab (The Local 14 March 2021)

Germany becomes latest country to suspend AstraZeneca vaccine over blood clot fears (CNBC 15 March 2021)

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 15, 2021 18:41

Are these people suffering from the blood clots straight after receiving the vaccine or some weeks or even months after?

Nate

Date: March 15, 2021 18:53

Nate
Are these people suffering from the blood clots straight after receiving the vaccine or some weeks or even months after?

Nate

All were perfectly healthy at the time of the first vaccine shot. Then 3-7 days after the shot they went into a serious life threatening condition. One of them, a female under the age of 50, died yesterday. The two others are under intensive care, following a life threatening situation.

It is common knowledge that younger people under the age of 50 get a stronger reaction after the Astra Zeneca shot. Several get a strong headache. The problem in these cases is that the headache did not end after 1-3 days, it got a lot worse.

There are around 30 cases in Norway so far, blod cloth related with Astra Zeneca, of which 3 critical. All happening 3-10 days after the vaccine.

Norway have given the Astra Zeneca vaccine to health personel under the age of 65 only, while UK have been giving Astra Zeneca to people age 50+ we are told.

Health authorities in Norway as well as in Europe are working hard on the data, to verify why, how, who and all of that. Meanwhile the Astra Zeneca vaccine is halted in many European countries, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Germany, France etc.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 15, 2021 19:23

Wow...none of that is good news to read....I heard late last night on CNN that the Netherlands have also halted use of the Astra Zeneca vaccine.
Makes you wonder about possible side effects from all the other vaccines...still early days with everything happening so fast....

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 15, 2021 20:10

Just got my appointment for first and second doses. Shoot me up.

Date: March 15, 2021 20:30

When vaccines are tested, it is typically with a group of 40,000 people, where 20,000 are getting a placebo, while the other 20,000 are getting the real vaccine. Then they have to wait until there is a significant difference in how efficient the vaccine is. When that number is reached, documenting the vaccine to be 60% or 80% or 95% efficient, which is the case with Moderna and Pfeizer, they look for side effects.

When you look for side effects in a group of 20,000 people, you would need at least one person reacting badly, typically fatally, or more. You will never find rare occurences of say 1 in 100,000.

The history of the swine flu vaccine Pandemrix is a good example of why it takes time, typically months or a year, to find rare side effects. Pandemrix was found to be associated with narcolepsy from observational studies, increasing the risk of narcolepsy by 5-14 times in children and 2-7 times in adults. The increased risk of narcolepsy due to vaccination in children and adolescents was around 1 incident per 18,400 doses.

Most of the covid-19 vaccination across the world has been done among older people. Vaccine experts are stating that older people normally have milder side effects, as compared to younger people.

The swine flu vaccine Pandemrix side effects were detected in Sweden and Finland. Now the rare blod cloth death cases, possibly connected to the Astra Zeneca vaccine, are reported by Denmark and Norway. I assume a small country will find these side effect connections faster than a large country, where all numbers are large, and it takes more time to coordinate. All fatal cases in Norway go into one central hospital in Oslo - Rikshospitalet. They started treating the patients, then after some hours they got the information about the recent Astra Zeneca vaccine within 3-7 days. The alarm to the central health authorities went within 24 hours.

I would not worry about any covid-19 vaccine. Moderna and Pfeizer seems to be rock solid and safe. AstraZeneca seems to be efficient too, but they need to sort out if it is a risk for people under the age of 50, may be they were on a special medication, normally harmless, but not ideal with Astra Zeneca shot. Keep in mind Norway have done more than 100,000 Astra Zeneca shots, of which 3 may be connected to the serious blod cloth situation, and another 30 to a milder blod cloth side effect. Also, keep in mind that covid-19 is far far more dangerous than a very rare 3 in 100,000 side effect. I would take any vaccine any day, nobody want to have covid-19 out of control in their body.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 15, 2021 21:11

Experts are always right. I always trusted the virologists, never trusted any other b*llshit. And here we are again ... the well in advance predicted third wave (just like before the correctly predicted second wave) is on the move.
My goodness, I truly hope the virologists have mercy on the masses and do not predict any more bad news.
You see, dogs are dogs, no matter what they say. But ... there is some substantial difference between the dog behaviour of a poodle at that of a greyhound. The same can be said about virusses. The flu virus that killed 60.000 Americans in the year 2017/2018 is a virus allright, and so is Covid-19, but it killed well over 500.000 Americans in a year. The same dramatic difference in Europe and Latin America. Poodle vs greyhound ... flu vs covid eye rolling smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: March 15, 2021 22:43

The rapidly spreading UK variant is forcing Norway to close down completely for the next four weeks, this is valid for 40% of the population, living in 51 counties in and around the urban area of Oslo city. Kindergarten and schools age 6-11 still open at a "red" level, the rest all closed. Shops closed, just food and pharmacies and liquor stores open. This is in essence a stronger shutdown than the one we did one year ago, on March 12, 2020.

Bjornulf

Date: March 15, 2021 22:46

Statistically these cases are a storm in a glass of water but good that the professionals have a close look at it. I hope they startup again asap in Holland.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-15 22:51 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 16, 2021 04:05

TheflyingDutchman
Statistically these cases are a storm in a glass of water but good that the professionals have a close look at it. I hope they startup again asap in Holland.

? If they are statistically a storm in a glass of water, why would it be better that the professionals have a close look at it.

Your sentence make sense to me.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 16, 2021 04:08

georgie48
Experts are always right. I always trusted the virologists, never trusted any other b*llshit. And here we are again ... the well in advance predicted third wave (just like before the correctly predicted second wave) is on the move.
My goodness, I truly hope the virologists have mercy on the masses and do not predict any more bad news.
You see, dogs are dogs, no matter what they say. But ... there is some substantial difference between the dog behaviour of a poodle at that of a greyhound. The same can be said about virusses. The flu virus that killed 60.000 Americans in the year 2017/2018 is a virus allright, and so is Covid-19, but it killed well over 500.000 Americans in a year. The same dramatic difference in Europe and Latin America. Poodle vs greyhound ... flu vs covid eye rolling smiley

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH stop making sense.

Date: March 16, 2021 23:50

THE AGE --- 17 March 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 17, 2021 00:52

I get my 1st vaccination on Thursday at teatime. I’m 53. smiling smiley

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 17, 2021 04:26

I got the J&an shot on Sunday. No issues. Thank God

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 17, 2021 15:01

Wife and myself get 2nd Pfizer vaccine in a few hours here in the Chicago area. Feeling fortunate, grateful, and some sense of relief. I hope this happens for everyone else asap.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...218219220221222223224225226227228...LastNext
Current Page: 223 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home