Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...216217218219220221222223224225226...LastNext
Current Page: 221 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 8, 2021 18:10

jbwelda
Got my first yesterday. No sweat no waiting no pain.

jb

I had my first vaccine a couple of weeks back. I suffered terribly: awful flu-like symptoms. I was off work for four days. Absolutely glad I was afforded the opportunity, however. Awaiting the date for the second dose. At 37, I was the youngest in the queue, seemingly.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 8, 2021 18:22

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
Nate
daspyknows
Beast
Fans and artists must have Covid vaccine before attending music festivals, say organisers

[www.theguardian.com]

Still not 100% safe but likely safe enough especially if it keeps the dumbass anti-vaxxers home and people still need to follow certain protocols. If you want to enter you need to take the shot. If not, stay home. PERIOD.

What protocols should people still need to follow in such a scenario?

Nate

I would look to the medical professionals and scientists for this.

you mean the ones that said "masks don't work?"......or the ones that now tell us "wear 2 masks"...(even though they are the same people)

or the ones that told us "6 ft," is safe....then it was "3 ft" (again...same people)

or the ones now tell us "teachers don't need to be vaccinated" (same people...but we still need to keep certain businesses closed/limited for some reason...but, not WalMart or the liquor store, they can stay open the entire time w/ no limits on customers.

Point: I have no problem "following the science"...but, let's stop acting like everything that comes out of a doctor's mouth is The Law of Gravity.

and, the idea that "scientists" or "medical professionals" will determine who can or cannot go to a concert?

yuck.

what's next? No Vaccine, No Entrance to.....Restaurants? Bars? Your child's football game or ballet performance?

talk about a horrible Slippery Slope...

My policy: Entertainment is a luxury, not a right....so, "if you are afraid of getting sick, don't go"...

I like Fauci, but I don't need (or want) him setting Vaccination Laws for Concerts.

otherwise, we should have Mandatory Breathalizers after every show too....I want to be protected from the "dumba$$ drunks" just like others want to be protected from "dumba$$ anti-vaxxers"....

cops take your keys when you enter the show and you have to PROVE you are sober afterwards.....guilty until proven innocent...

refuse to take part? No show for you. Stay home.

sounds "great"

not.

That's why we won't have concerts anytime soon. People like this drive drunk and spread Covid. If it wasn't for people like this the US and UK would be like New Zealand who are having concerts and sporting events. The alternative is Covid will continue preventing us all from seeing the Stones or any other band for a long time if ever. Just proves you can't fix stupid and the rights of a few prevents the ability of the majority from living a normal life..

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 8, 2021 19:55

For people who have been fully vaccinated:
Today from the CDC:

[www.cdc.gov]

"You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask."

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2021 20:00

Global wireless industries' Mobile World Congress (MWC by GSMA) in Barcelona plans to hold the conference in-person between June 28 and July 1, 2021 with expectations of up to 50,000 attendees. In February 2021, GSMA held a small-scale MWC in Shanghai with around 17,000 attendees and there had been no confirmed cases of Covid-19 on site. There will be several strict measures in place for MWC Barcelona: attendees will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test before entering the venue and have a test repeated every 72 hours. The venue will be equipped with improved air ventilation, contact tracing, occupancy monitoring, on-site medical staff, rapid testing and temperature checks across the conference. All attendees will also be required to wear a face mask and practice social distancing at all times - [www.Bloomberg.com] .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2021 20:47

angee
For people who have been fully vaccinated:
Today from the CDC:

[www.cdc.gov]

"You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask."

thumbs up
Had one of my granddaughters up for a sleep-over over the weekend. First time in over a year, was so nice. Have a few of them coming up next week!

At 2+ million shots a day average and going up.. it won't be long before we all will be able to congregate again.
Going to feel strange now for a while cool smiley

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: March 8, 2021 21:39

In New York they are letting people go to NBA basketball games. I think 10 percent capacity. I was also reading they are planning to hold the New York auto show in august. Are events being allowed in your states and countries?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 8, 2021 22:56

Sounds like Gov. Cuomo has been attempting to deflect the negative focus away from himself as he's been in deep hot water for a variety of reasons lately.
And to think back on the way he was praised by many for his handling of various issues...looks like a case of the bigger they are, the harder they fall... > Cuomo

Similar situation here in California with embattled Governor Newsom announcing a small number fans might be allowed at MLB stadiums in an attempt to deflect from his controversies,
though the reasons for his being in hot water are not quite as extreme as Cuomo.

From the L.A. Times:Newsom

SACRAMENTO —

It doesn’t get much better for a politician during a pandemic than to announce that fans can probably return to ballparks when the Major League Baseball season opens.
Especially if you’re a governor threatened with being recalled from office. Helping to unlock baseball stadiums as season openers approach is guaranteed to be popular and bipartisan.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 9, 2021 00:16

Big Al
jbwelda

jb

I had my first vaccine a couple of weeks back. I suffered terribly: awful flu-like symptoms. I was off work for four days. Absolutely glad I was afforded the opportunity, however. Awaiting the date for the second dose. At 37, I was the youngest in the queue, seemingly.
b

Sorry to hear that but at least it wasn’t long-lasting. Which vaccine did you have? I was told by someone working in COVID intensive care that all those of his colleagues who had previously tested positive for COVID suffered much worse after-effects from Pfizer. I understand the same can happen after the second dose. In both cases, it means the person has antibodies that are going into overdrive - a good sign!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 9, 2021 01:36

stickyfingers101

My policy: Entertainment is a luxury, not a right....so, "if you refuse to get vaccinated, don't go"...

Fixed it for ya.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 02:22

Aquamarine
stickyfingers101

My policy: Entertainment is a luxury, not a right....so, "if you refuse to get vaccinated, don't go"...

Fixed it for ya.

no...you just turned it into a slippery slope....today concerts, tomorrow...what? Public transport? Crowded beaches? Swimming Pools?

where does it end? (answer: I don't know, but it is too big of a Pandora's Box that I'd rather not open).

I'm getting my Vax...I simply disagree with a "no Vax, no entry" policy as deeply problematic (and unnecessary)

besides, right or wrong, such a policy will end up being called "racist" if the trends of vaccination and vaccination-hesitancy continue....

1/2 Blacks don't want to get the vaccine....

[www.cnn.com]

it'll simply be horrible optics if most of the people being denied entry to places are Black....

All I'm saying is, I wouldn't go down that road if I were King.

Date: March 9, 2021 03:43

stickyfingers101
Aquamarine
stickyfingers101

Fixed it for ya.

no...you just turned it into a slippery slope....today concerts, tomorrow...what? Public transport? Crowded beaches? Swimming Pools?

where does it end? (answer: I don't know, but it is too big of a Pandora's Box that I'd rather not open).

I'm getting my Vax...I simply disagree with a "no Vax, no entry" policy as deeply problematic (and unnecessary)

besides, right or wrong, such a policy will end up being called "racist" if the trends of vaccination and vaccination-hesitancy continue....

[www.cnn.com]

it'll simply be horrible optics if most of the people being denied entry to places are Black....

Seem to be reeeeeally stretching now to rationalize that stance.
Racial/economic vax inequity is real, because of several factors, but "no vax/ no entry" policies won't be related to that issue.

What part of this is a global, deadly, contagious virus, that requires many public safety rules and regulations, to defeat, starting without much of a playbook (or PPE) to follow,
so go ahead and expect a few trial and errors along the way, are you not getting ???

At this point, that stance is no different than those who hollered that the virus was fake, and it would magically disappear.

Date: March 9, 2021 04:36

Beast
Big Al
jbwelda

jb

b

Sorry to hear that but at least it wasn’t long-lasting. Which vaccine did you have? I was told by someone working in COVID intensive care that all those of his colleagues who had previously tested positive for COVID suffered much worse after-effects from Pfizer. I understand the same can happen after the second dose. In both cases, it means the person has antibodies that are going into overdrive - a good sign!

My friend who caught it the same time I did in NY had a brutal first dose too. He is due for his second shot shortly.

Date: March 9, 2021 14:42

MisterDDDD
stickyfingers101
Aquamarine
stickyfingers101

Fixed it for ya.

[www.cnn.com]

Seem to be reeeeeally stretching now to rationalize that stance.
Racial/economic vax inequity is real, because of several factors, but "no vax/ no entry" policies won't be related to that issue.

What part of this is a global, deadly, contagious virus, that requires many public safety rules and regulations, to defeat, starting without much of a playbook (or PPE) to follow,
so go ahead and expect a few trial and errors along the way, are you not getting ???

At this point, that stance is no different than those who hollered that the virus was fake, and it would magically disappear.

ooof...talk about projection....this de-legitimizes any legitimate points you have.....

Please don't project nonsensical viewpoints onto me that I clearly don't share and didn't make...oh and please don't call me "Trump" without actually saying it.

did you not read that I said I was getting the Vax??

I'll give you a mulligan on your false-projection and thinly-veiled insults.

all I said was it is bad optics IF....

"IF" being the key operative word here....maybe it will happen, maybe it won't...I'm just looking at stats and thinking about possibilities.

as for the rest...

#1 - Corona is not that deadly unless you are old, fat, sick or in a nursing home (though I the last one has declined)...look at the stats...they are quite clear.

#2 - from my understanding, once YOU get the Vax, the chances of Corona being deadly for YOU are basically zero...

So, no....I see no need for us to open up this horrible slippery slope of restrictions related to Vaccinations.

If you disagree with me, that's fine.

As stated, I'm getting the Vax, so it won't matter to me...I just don't agree with such a policy and I think it is problematic.

I'm not claiming to be King. I just said what I would do if I were....

"the world would swing, if I were King" - TP

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2021 16:37

stickyfingers101

#1 - Corona is not that deadly unless you are old, fat, sick or in a nursing home (though I the last one has declined)...look at the stats...they are quite clear.

You are completely wrong. Very old people as well as people in nursing homes are now vaccinated in Norway. Those over 65 are scared to death and stay at home. The average covid-19 patient in hospitals in Norway is now less than 60 years of age. Several hospitals are at max with intensive care units, and they have to reject normal operations, and pass on patients to other places.

I assume you are one of those who think Covid-19 is just like the flu, it was supposed to go over one year ago, and we were "rounding the corner" half a year ago. Well that was all propaganda. Listen to science.

All our recent progress with Covid-19 could be wiped out by variants, CDC director says. 'Please stay strong' (CNN last week)

Teen, 16, with no known underlying health conditions dies from Covid-19 (Mirror 20 Feb 2021)

COVID-19 Death Of Dallas Woman In Her 20s With No Underlying Conditions ‘A Grim Reminder’ To Take Precautions, Says Judge Clay Jenkins (CBSN Dallas March 8, 2021)

There is plenty more, just listen to science, not propaganda and wishful thinking.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 16:39 by bv.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:20

bv
stickyfingers101

You are completely wrong. Very old people as well as people in nursing homes are now vaccinated in Norway. Those over 65 are scared to death and stay at home. The average covid-19 patient in hospitals in Norway is now less than 60 years of age. Several hospitals are at max with intensive care units, and they have to reject normal operations, and pass on patients to other places.

I assume you are one of those who think Covid-19 is just like the flu, it was supposed to go over one year ago, and we were "rounding the corner" half a year ago. Well that was all propaganda. Listen to science.

All our recent progress with Covid-19 could be wiped out by variants, CDC director says. 'Please stay strong' (CNN last week)

Teen, 16, with no known underlying health conditions dies from Covid-19 (Mirror 20 Feb 2021)

COVID-19 Death Of Dallas Woman In Her 20s With No Underlying Conditions ‘A Grim Reminder’ To Take Precautions, Says Judge Clay Jenkins (CBSN Dallas March 8, 2021)

There is plenty more, just listen to science, not propaganda and wishful thinking.

BV...you are truly a voice of reason. Wake up deniers! No one is enjoying this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 17:22 by steffialicia.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:43

Well said BV .

You've been spot on with your analysis all the way through this pandemic .I was glad to have my 1st jab today , but wont be letting up on precautions for some time yet. Social distancing , masks, Washing shopping and quarantining mail is a pain , but a small price to pay to get us out of this mess.

sc uk

Date: March 9, 2021 17:49

bv
stickyfingers101

I never said any of that (bold).

I respect your position, BV...and I love your site.

However, with all due respect, I am not listening to "propaganda"...I am listening to science and reading/viewing scientifically compiled data.

The scientific, statistical and demographic data clearly support the idea that the vast majority of death from Covid is related to age, obesity and pre-existing illness (which is often caused from obesity).

[www.nature.com]

For every 1,000 people infected with the coronavirus who are under the age of 50, almost none will die. For people in their fifties and early sixties, about five will die — more men than women. The risk then climbs steeply as the years accrue. For every 1,000 people in their mid-seventies or older who are infected, around 116 will die

Obesity:

[khn.org]

A U.S. study, for example, reported that obese people were twice as likely to be hospitalized due to COVID-19 and were six times more likely to die after developing the disease. A study in China also found that people who were overweight, but not obese, had an 84 percent increased chance for developing severe coronavirus symptoms. The odds rose to 240 percent if a person was obese.

Underlying Pre-Existing Conditions:

[www.cdc.gov]

At least one underlying medical condition was reported for 8,134 (76.4%) of decedents for whom sup­plementary data were collected, including 83.1% of decedents aged <65 years. Overall, the most common underlying medical conditions were cardiovascular disease (60.9%), diabetes mellitus (39.5%), chronic kidney disease (20.8%), and chronic lung disease (19.2%)

(and most of those diseases are linked to obesity)

Point: there is a clear scientifically proven correlation between these conditions and death-via-Covid.

I never said that NOBODY young dies....but, the statistical evidence is quite clear:

[www.aarp.org]

the table is from the CDC...95% of deaths are over 50....if you are under 30 the death rate is 0.7%...

I don't know if it is the same odds as with the flu...I've never compared the two in any way ever. So, your assumption about me is wrong in that regard.

but, all good...no worries.

PS. I assume the rates of death go down w/ the vaccine also. So, being young, healthy and without underlying conditions AND the vaccine...yeah, you'll likely be fine....the science shows it.

Date: March 9, 2021 18:02

steffialicia
bv
stickyfingers101

BV...you are truly a voice of reason. Wake up deniers! No one is enjoying this.

I like how I have become a "Denier" just b/c I pointed out scientific facts from the CDC that 95% of deaths from COVID are people over 50....

I don't even know what you claim I am denying....Covid?

my goodness.

if your lynch-mob leap from my "most people who die are older than 50" (which is a fact) to "HE'S A DENIER!!" weren't so terrifying, I'd find it funny.

under 30 = 0.7% chance of dying....and that's WITHOUT the vaccine.

under 50 = 5%.....

what am I denying again?

Date: March 9, 2021 18:10

stickyfingers101

ooof...talk about projection....this de-legitimizes any legitimate points you have.....

Please don't project nonsensical viewpoints onto me that I clearly don't share and didn't make...oh and please don't call me "Trump" without actually saying it.

"IF" being the key operative word here....maybe it will happen, maybe it won't...I'm just looking at stats and thinking about possibilities.

as for the rest...

#2 - from my understanding, once YOU get the Vax, the chances of Corona being deadly for YOU are basically zero...

So, no....I see no need for us to open up this horrible slippery slope of restrictions related to Vaccinations.

As stated, I'm getting the Vax, so it won't matter to me...I just don't agree with such a policy and I think it is problematic.

No mulligan needed or wanted.. I said what I said.

There is no "slippery slope" for vaccination requirements for public safety.
There wasn't even one in the last pandemic in 1918.

The Supreme Court ruled on that in 1905, and the ruling still stands.

"The good and welfare of the Commonwealth, of which the legislature is primarily the judge, is the basis on which the police power rests in Massachusetts,” Harlan said “upon the principle of self-defense, of paramount necessity, a community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic of disease which threatens the safety of its members.”
[constitutioncenter.org]

Date: March 9, 2021 18:11

I'll make my position clear for those who are misinterpreting, projecting or leaping....or think I'm a denier or a flu-comparer or whatever else:

1) we need to continue precautions - masks, hand-wash, distance

2) everybody should get the vaccine

3) people who are over 50, obese and/or with underlying conditions are far more likely to die than anybody else...this is a scientific fact, supported by basically every medical study out there.

4) I do not think we need a "No Vax, No Entry" policy based on it being a slippery slope and unnecessary once widespread vaccination has occurred (which was my original point).

I will admit that my understanding of what the vax does and how much it lowers the risk of death is limited.

Date: March 9, 2021 18:23

MisterDDDD
stickyfingers101

as for the rest...

No mulligan needed or wanted.. I said what I said.

There is no "slippery slope" for vaccination requirements for public safety.
There wasn't even one in the last pandemic in 1918.

The Supreme Court ruled on that in 1905, and the ruling still stands.

"The good and welfare of the Commonwealth, of which the legislature is primarily the judge, is the basis on which the police power rests in Massachusetts,” Harlan said “upon the principle of self-defense, of paramount necessity, a community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic of disease which threatens the safety of its members.”
[constitutioncenter.org]

So, according to you, my disagreement with a "No Vax, No Entry" policy means that I believe the virus is fake and will magically disappear?

got it.

of course, I never said any of those things, but hey...why let what somebody actually said get in the way.

Oh...and by the way, yes the state has a "right to protect"...however, in a democracy we have a right to oppose any measures put forth by our gov't...

do we not?

Look...it's just an opinion about No Vax-No Entry, DDDD....I just prefer we agree to disagree without you claiming I am some Trumpy-Dumpy virus-denier.

Date: March 9, 2021 19:04

The UK covid-19 variant is rewriting the rules of how to fight the corona pandemic. Having just ended the second wave in January, Norway got the UK variant popping up everywhere by January and on. Now the UK variant is 70% of all covid-19 in our capital city Oslo, and the third wave is coming. Hospitalization is up by 100% from mid Feb to today.

Ulvik is a small village of just 1067 people, by the Hardanger Fjord, a beautiful little village surrounded by great mountains, and the fjord. An Italian family of four, living in Ulvik Norway for three years, had to visit a relative in Italy. When returning to Norway, they went into the standard 10 days quarantine. They had two tests, all negative. On day 11, their oldest son went to school, meanwhile they did another test. This time the test was positive.

During the next week, the virus spread through their two children, into kindergarten and school. Three weeks on, a total of 134 people in the small village had covid-19 - that is 13% of all people in the village. Half of the entire Ulvik population went in quarantine.

Half of all the 134 covid-19 sick people in Ulvik were in the age group 1-17 years old, i.e. children. Just four people above age 65 got ill from covid-19. Eight people went into hospital care, all in the age 30-42.

Ulvik closed down completely few days after they got the first cases. All schools, kindergarten, travel, shops etc closed. One month later they had stopped the virus. Meanwhile, they changed the quarantine rules from 10 into 14 days, also they changed the minimum distance between people from one meter (3ft) into two meters (6ft).

The success of the Ulvik case is really the fact that the oldest had just got their second vaccine shot, also most people age 65+ do understand they need to keep a major distance. This saved lives, and made it easier to control the virus spread.

The people in Ulvik do work in nearby villages and counties. The virus spread far, and a number of other areas had to fight the virus due to the Ulvik source.

We have had dozens of similar cases in Norway during the past two months. March and April will be the toughest months of the entire pandemic. Schools and kindergartens are still open, but now it is day by day monitoring, test, trace, isolate, the third wave is building up now fast, we will see how fast we may get it under control.

Pasient null i Ulvik: – Føler meg trygg på at vi gjorde det vi skulle (NRK Feb 12, 2021) (Norwegian)

Ulvik - The Corona Village (Aftenposten - March 9, 2021) (Norwegian)

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 19:11 by bv.

Date: March 9, 2021 19:29

stickyfingers101

3) people who are over 50, obese and/or with underlying conditions are far more likely to die than anybody else...this is a scientific fact, supported by basically every medical study out there.

The ICU beds in Norway are now busy with people UNDER the age of 50. Meanwhile people in the need of hip surgery, cancer treatment and other important medical care are piling up in a queue. The same is the story all over the world. Even if people age 65+ are protected by vaccine, the ICU capacity will break down from all the people under 65 still not being vaccinated, unless there is a lot of control still, for the next 6-12 months, until everybody is vaccinated, i.e. more than 70% of the entire population.

The biggest problem of the pandemic is not just people ending up dead, some of them from intensive care, others in nursing home. The biggest problem is all those under age 50 who are now in intensive care, and if/when they survive, after weeks of care from a high number of nurses, they have a damaged health.

The vaccine will not open up anything. Just listen to Dr Fauci. We may ease a little bit, but we may not start a big party this summer.

Fauci: 'Possible' Americans will be wearing masks in 2022 to protect against Covid-19 (CNN Feb 21, 2021)

Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday that it's "possible" Americans will still need to wear masks in 2022 to protect against the coronavirus, even as the US may reach "a significant degree of normality" by the end of this year.

Fauci upbeat on COVID-19 vaccinations for U.S. teens by autumn, younger children next year (Reuters March 7, 2021)

High school students in the United States should be able to receive COVID-19 vaccinations by the autumn, with younger students likely to be cleared for vaccinations in early 2022, top U.S. infectious disease official Dr. Anthony Fauci said on Sunday.

Fauci said he expected the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to issue relaxed guidelines for people who have already been vaccinated within “the next couple of days,” but urged continued vigilance on mitigation measures for the over 80% of Americans still awaiting shots.

Bjornulf

Date: March 9, 2021 19:29

stickyfingers101
Oh...and by the way, yes the state has a "right to protect"...however, in a democracy we have a right to oppose any measures put forth by our gov't...

do we not?

Look...it's just an opinion about No Vax-No Entry, DDDD....I just prefer we agree to disagree without you claiming I am some Trumpy-Dumpy virus-denier.

I don't believe "we have the right" to protest public safety measures.
Speaking of slippery slopes, if I believe a seatbelt infringes on my freedom, I don't have the right to not wear one, it's illegal. If I believe motorcycle helmets infringe on my freedom, again, I don't have that right, it's illegal. If I think screaming fire in a theatre is funny, I don't have that right to incite fear, it's illegal.
All of these issues (some still legal in places I know) were considered slippery slopes when enacted, but all of them are necessary to protect lives. Even if it's just the individuals.

It's not an "agree to disagree" issue for me, it's a facts vs falsehoods as well as a public safety issue.
Similar to calling the virus a hoax.

That last line isn't calling you Trumpian, it's just using a similar and relative reference.

Date: March 9, 2021 19:37

If I'm not eligible yet and living in California, I am signing up for a volunteer shift and searching for a vax appointment asap.

California launches way any resident can become vaccine eligible

The state of California launched a new program Friday that gives the residents the opportunity to get vaccinated by volunteering to help get others inoculated at sites across the state.

MyTurnVolunteer is an online tool that allows you to look for clinics and mass vaccine sites seeking help based on your zip code.

"If you sign up on the tool, you'll be able to register for a general support or medical positions, depending on your background," said Cristina Valdivia Aguilar, a spokesperson for California Volunteers. "You can find a location near your home."

Medical volunteers — including registered nurses, doctors, pharmacists, and dentists — may assist in vaccination efforts, whether prepping vaccines or injecting and observing patients. Nonmedical volunteers may assist with tasks like providing in-language support, greeting vaccine recipients, sanitizing surfaces, directing traffic, and registration.

While some locations are asking for eight-hour shifts, Aguilar said if you work four hours or more, you can receive a vaccine with approval from the clinic administrator—even if you're not eligible within the state's framework that's prioritizing health care workers, seniors and some essential workers such as teachers.

"If you volunteer for four hours or more you're classified within one of the tiers," she said. "You're classified as a community health worker from the California essential workforce list."
[www.sfgate.com]

Date: March 9, 2021 19:39

Feel free not having any covid-19 vaccine. Then you will not be able to enjoy the Rolling Stones from the PIT during their 2022 tour. May be you will be allowed to listen from the parking lot, I am not sure.

Bjornulf

Date: March 9, 2021 20:12

MisterDDDD
If I'm not eligible yet and living in California, I am signing up for a volunteer shift and searching for a vax appointment asap.

The state of California launched a new program Friday that gives the residents the opportunity to get vaccinated by volunteering to help get others inoculated at sites across the state.

MyTurnVolunteer is an online tool that allows you to look for clinics and mass vaccine sites seeking help based on your zip code.

"If you sign up on the tool, you'll be able to register for a general support or medical positions, depending on your background," said Cristina Valdivia Aguilar, a spokesperson for California Volunteers. "You can find a location near your home."

Medical volunteers — including registered nurses, doctors, pharmacists, and dentists — may assist in vaccination efforts, whether prepping vaccines or injecting and observing patients. Nonmedical volunteers may assist with tasks like providing in-language support, greeting vaccine recipients, sanitizing surfaces, directing traffic, and registration.

While some locations are asking for eight-hour shifts, Aguilar said if you work four hours or more, you can receive a vaccine with approval from the clinic administrator—even if you're not eligible within the state's framework that's prioritizing health care workers, seniors and some essential workers such as teachers.

"If you volunteer for four hours or more you're classified within one of the tiers," she said. "You're classified as a community health worker from the California essential workforce list."
[www.sfgate.com]

I have signed up. One way or another I will get this vax. Let the anti-vaxxers catch it themselves whether or not they are over 50, obese or have pre-existing conditions.

When I read comments saying 5% of the deaths are people under 50 I think the poster is an insensitive arse. 500,000 dead times 5% is 25,000 people dead. That is 6 9-11's. The US to war with 2 countries for one 9-11. That does not even take into account for the hundreds of thousands with life altering health issues from their illness. If you don't want to take the shot, stay away from other people whether its a concert, a plane or a restaurant.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 20:43

bv
Feel free not having any covid-19 vaccine. Then you will not be able to enjoy the Rolling Stones from the PIT during their 2022 tour. May be you will be allowed to listen from the parking lot, I am not sure.

grinning smiley
Currently guesses are that the world accounts for some 20% covidiots. If that would be the case for Stones fans (I hope not off course) I already look forward to all that swinging space in the PIT. What more can oldies like me wish for winking smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 9, 2021 20:51

MisterDDDD

The state of California launched a new program Friday that gives the residents the opportunity to get vaccinated by volunteering to help get others inoculated at sites across the state....

[www.sfgate.com]

This is interesting, but it seems like you have to volunteer and be around non-vaccinated people BEFORE you are fully vaccinated. I am anxious to be vaccinated, but full effectiveness isn’t reached until 2 weeks after the second dose, but in the meantime, you’ll have to be volunteering around non- vaccinated or not fully-vaccinated people? That doesn’t appeal to me. If I could get fully-vaccinated and THEN volunteer, I would love to do that. Am I misunderstanding this?

Date: March 9, 2021 22:06

JadedFaded
MisterDDDD

The state of California launched a new program Friday that gives the residents the opportunity to get vaccinated by volunteering to help get others inoculated at sites across the state....

[www.sfgate.com]

This is interesting, but it seems like you have to volunteer and be around non-vaccinated people BEFORE you are fully vaccinated. I am anxious to be vaccinated, but full effectiveness isn’t reached until 2 weeks after the second dose, but in the meantime, you’ll have to be volunteering around non- vaccinated or not fully-vaccinated people? That doesn’t appeal to me. If I could get fully-vaccinated and THEN volunteer, I would love to do that. Am I misunderstanding this?

Yes, you volunteer and when work is completed, you get authorized to receive a vaccine is the way I read it.

Most people you would interact with, besides new volunteers, would likely already be vaccinated.
Having gotten two shots at a mass vaccination site here in Washington, I wouldn't let the fear of catching it prevent me from the opportunity.

Safety precautions at these places have been dialed in. Even insisting on medical masks, which they provided at the one I went to.
Distancing, masks, sanitizers, etc are all, for obvious reasons, strictly followed..

Showing cars where to park, or any of the countless other tasks needed to be done, are very safe imo. Interactions closely with people, giving jabs etc., are best left to those vaccinated I would agree, but even then, pretty safe. Keep in mind, volunteering at a vaccination site, would be much safer than a testing site. People lining up for a shot to prevent the virus, as opposed to those getting a test to see if they have it, is a much safer proposition.
I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...216217218219220221222223224225226...LastNext
Current Page: 221 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home