Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...215216217218219220221222223224225...LastNext
Current Page: 220 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 3, 2021 20:24

bleedingman
daspyknows
black n blue
bleedingman
Big Al
Out of curiosity: does anyone here know anyone personally, whose reluctant to get vaccinated? I know people who are uncertain and, one or two who'll only vaccinate if life becomes too restrictive otherwise. I suspect they'll come around as time progresses.

I have no plans to be vaccinated.
me too, it’s a money maker for pfizer

I hope you enjoy your Covid experience. You can be the resident Darwin award winner.

I don't even have to look at the user name to recognize your continuous nasty posting. Have a good day.

You too are a Darwin award candidate. I figure you would be an anti-vaxxer. Its people like you that society needs to worry about.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 3, 2021 20:28

From CNN:

Experts are warning of a potential Covid-19 surge while several governors are loosening restrictions

"This is a gigantic mistake," Dr. Jonathan Reiner, professor of medicine at George Washington University,
said Tuesday of the Texas and Mississippi announcements. "We've seen this movie, and it doesn't turn out well."

More.> COVID19

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 4, 2021 00:05

Big Al
Aquamarine
So here in Louisiana, we live in between Texas and Mississippi, and now Arkansas to the north have gotten rid of nearly all their restrictions too. We are doomed. Our governor had loosened our restrictions before today's announcement, I hope he slaps 'em right back on again.

And, the vaccine is a moneymaker for Pfizer? Here, take my money!!

So, when do you feel will be time to loosen restrictions? Do you think it’ll be okay to do so once everyone in yours and neighbouring states have had both doses? We’ll have everyone - who wishes to do so, of course - fully vaccinated by the end of June, here in the U.K. Once this target has been reached, there’s no reason why we can’t fully open-up with a vaccine-passport type setup.

I agree, no reason not to loosen restrictions under those conditions, barring rampant variants not susceptible to the vaccine. Problem here is that we're nowhere near everybody having had both doses, or even having enough people prepared to take it if we're to achieve herd immunity.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 4, 2021 00:26

daspyknows
bleedingman
daspyknows
black n blue
bleedingman
Big Al
Out of curiosity: does anyone here know anyone personally, whose reluctant to get vaccinated? I know people who are uncertain and, one or two who'll only vaccinate if life becomes too restrictive otherwise. I suspect they'll come around as time progresses.

I hope you enjoy your Covid experience. You can be the resident Darwin award winner.
Again with insults. No one is telling you what to do or judging you for how you choose to navigate this very uncharted territory. Keep getting vaccinated as new variants emerge that render your previous vaccine useless. To each his or her own.

I don't even have to look at the user name to recognize your continuous nasty posting. Have a good day.

You too are a Darwin award candidate. I figure you would be an anti-vaxxer. Its people like you that society needs to worry about.

You can hurl all the insults you want. I'm living my life the way I choose. You go right ahead getting injected with vaccines and boosters as new variants emerge. I'll be fine, sorry to disappoint you.

"White House Chief Medical Advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci on Wednesday noted the B.1.351 variant first identified in South Africa could "moderately to severely" reduce vaccine efficacy, and the P.1 variant found in Brazil may evade antibodies generated by previous infection or vaccination."

[www.msn.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 4, 2021 03:48

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
daspyknows
MisterDDDD
Texas and Mississippi are definitely jumping the gun on opening everything up, dropping mask mandates, etc.

Surprisingly high praise on the successes of the new administration's managing of the virus though, which by anyones measure has been stellar.
Bless their hearts.

The governors of Texas and Mississippi are idiots. Cases already rising in both states before the changes. They are also some of the least vaccinated states. Stupidity of some results in suffering and inconvenience of many.

Two of six of the dumbest states in the US. I wish Texas would disappear. The dumbest state in the US.

Should be noted that the Governor of Texas pulled this out to change the conversation from their recent power grid disaster. Mission accomplished.

Yep! "Look! See? Everything's better!"

I live between those two states. It's dumbfounding.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 4, 2021 04:59

Well you cannot really condemn all the people of a state for the actions of even the majority, because there are always smart perceptive people living amongst the prole, its just that they do not get listened to until its too late. So respect to the people of the area, and just hope the mistaken "leadership" doesn't result in too severe of repercussions. About all you can do besides mind your own situation as much as you can.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-04 05:00 by jbwelda.

Date: March 4, 2021 06:34

bleedingman
daspyknows
bleedingman
daspyknows
black n blue
bleedingman
Big Al

Again with insults. No one is telling you what to do or judging you for how you choose to navigate this very uncharted territory. Keep getting vaccinated as new variants emerge that render your previous vaccine useless. To each his or her own.

You can hurl all the insults you want. I'm living my life the way I choose. You go right ahead getting injected with vaccines and boosters as new variants emerge. I'll be fine, sorry to disappoint you.

"White House Chief Medical Advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci on Wednesday noted the B.1.351 variant first identified in South Africa could "moderately to severely" reduce vaccine efficacy, and the P.1 variant found in Brazil may evade antibodies generated by previous infection or vaccination."

[www.msn.com]

And your point is? Frankly, I doubt whether anyone really cares whether or not you will be fine when you catch it. Just generate your own mutant strain when you do catch it or spread it to someone else.

Date: March 4, 2021 19:48

God Bless Dolly Parton.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 5, 2021 01:15

This last week, the US has averaged over 2 million shots a day.
Lots to be optimistic about world-wide with the advances that are being made.

More Than 279 Million Shots
Given: Covid-19 Tracker

In the U.S., 82.6 million doses have been administered; rollout goes global

The biggest vaccination campaign in history is underway. More than 279 million doses have been administered across 111 countries, according to data collected by Bloomberg.
The latest rate was roughly 6.58 million doses a day.

In the U.S., more Americans have now received at least one dose than have tested positive for the virus since the pandemic began. So far, 82.6 million doses have been given. In the last week, an average of 2.04 million doses per day were administered.

The Path to Immunity in the U.S
In the U.S., the latest vaccination rate is 2,042,676 doses per day, on average. At this rate, it will take an estimated 6 months to cover 75% of the population with a two-dose vaccine.

[www.bloomberg.com]

Date: March 5, 2021 01:27

Got my first yesterday. No sweat no waiting no pain.

jb

Date: March 5, 2021 02:39

jbwelda
Got my first yesterday. No sweat no waiting no pain.

jb

congrats.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 5, 2021 21:00

[edition.cnn.com]

the problem has been obvious all along.

Americans - we're too damn fat...

it's why we're dying in large numbers...it's why the vaccine won't work for many people.

[www.theguardian.com]

It's sad that we never used this pandemic to start a massive "Public Health" campaign to get people to do ANY exercise, eat healthier and take control over their own health...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 6, 2021 02:39

stickyfingers101
[edition.cnn.com]

it's why we're dying in large numbers...it's why the vaccine won't work for many people.

[www.theguardian.com]

It's sad that we never used this pandemic to start a massive "Public Health" campaign to get people to do ANY exercise, eat healthier and take control over their own health...

They're fat for a reason, laziness.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 6, 2021 03:24

My wife gets the J&J shot Monday.

She's immune compromised so on an earlier list than myself.

I'm part of the IT/energy sector so in the next group hopefully soon.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 6, 2021 07:35

MingSubu
stickyfingers101
[edition.cnn.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

They're fat for a reason, laziness.

That's a very problematic generalisation.

Without doubt many are obese for reasons that they could do something about... better diet, more exercise, try some common sense etc.

But there quite genuinely are people who are far or obese for clinical reasons such as endochrine issues, glandular issues, metabolism reasons.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 6, 2021 17:14

Getting my one shot Johnson and Johnson vaccine today!

Date: March 6, 2021 17:27

sarahunwin
Getting my one shot Johnson and Johnson vaccine today!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 6, 2021 17:59

Fans and artists must have Covid vaccine before attending music festivals, say organisers

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 6, 2021 18:43

Beast
Fans and artists must have Covid vaccine before attending music festivals, say organisers

[www.theguardian.com]

Good move.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 6, 2021 19:44

Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

I will be taking the vaccine as soon as it’s offered to me and I would encourage other people to do the same but I believe that shutting people out of large parts of society because they don’t want to take a vaccine is wrong and a dangerous path to take.

Nate

Date: March 6, 2021 19:52

Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

Still not 100% safe but likely safe enough especially if it keeps the dumbass anti-vaxxers home and people still need to follow certain protocols. If you want to enter you need to take the shot. If not, stay home. PERIOD.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 6, 2021 19:56

daspyknows
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

Still not 100% safe but likely safe enough especially if it keeps the dumbass anti-vaxxers home and people still need to follow certain protocols. If you want to enter you need to take the shot. If not, stay home. PERIOD.

What protocols should people still need to follow in such a scenario?

Nate

Date: March 6, 2021 20:24

Nate
daspyknows
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

Nate

I would look to the medical professionals and scientists for this.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 6, 2021 23:47

Nate
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

I will be taking the vaccine as soon as it’s offered to me and I would encourage other people to do the same but I believe that shutting people out of large parts of society because they don’t want to take a vaccine is wrong and a dangerous path to take.

Nate

I would suggest that not getting the vaccine is absolutely their choice and nobody should be forced to take it, but at the same time they should realize there are consequences for not getting it, and not being allowed into festivals may be one of them, given that it is equally the festival organizers' choice to exclude them.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 7, 2021 00:08

Nate
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

Nate

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: March 7, 2021 01:16

NICOS
Nate
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

Nate

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Shuttering people out of large parts of society for public safety reasons, particularly privately owned businesses, is not only not "wrong or dangerous", but exactly the opposite.
Public places as well.

Last kid I want sitting next to mine in school is one who hasn't been vaccinated.
Fortunately, there is legal precedent for requiring vaccines. Don't want one? Fine. Don't have one.
But don't complain when businesses and public venues deny you access (or perhaps a job) over it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 7, 2021 03:36

‘Burn The Mask’ Rally Draws More Than 100 At Idaho Capitol Building

Forbes

A crowd of protesters gathered Saturday in front of the Idaho State Capitol building in Boise for a "Burn The Mask" rally to mobilize against local mask mandates in place to slow the spread of the coronavirus, which demonstrators claimed violates personal freedoms. Sergio Olmos, a reporter for the Oregon Public Broadcasting that was at the event, estimated that the crowd consisted of approximately 150 people. One video posted to Olmos account shows a handful of young children throwing masks into a fire inside a barrel, as one child shouts, "destroy them, they're death." In another video, an armed protester places a photo of what appears to be President Joe Biden alongside Nancy Pelosi into the fire.

Earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a report which showed mask-wearing was linked to fewer Covid-19 infections and coronavirus-related deaths in counties across the United States. Idaho Gov. Brad Little (R) has not issued a statewide mask mandate, but several counties and cities in the state, including Boise, have mandates in place. Earlier this week, two Republican state representatives, Rep. Heather Scott and Rep. Dorothy Moon, posted a video declaring their "full support" for Saturday's "Burn The Mask" rally. They encouraged residents that didn't own any masks to bring printed copies of proclamations and executive orders related to mandates so they could participate by burning those items. "I think it will be pretty fun," said Scott. Moon added, "It should be great. So far, I think there are about 50 burn barrels set up around the state for people to get involved." Lieutenant Governor Janice McGeachin spoke at the event outside the state capitol. A website promoting Saturday's rallies listed 28 separate "burn site" locations. One of the organizers, claiming the coronavirus crisis is "one of the best crises the globalists' can use to continue the subjugate the people," provided instructions on printing out fliers. Darr Moon, the husband of Rep. Moon, told Olmos Saturday, "we're standing here today to reign back government, to reestablish our Republican form of government."

During a White House Covid-19 response team briefing on Friday, CDC director Rochelle P. Walensky urged Americans to "double down" on prevention measures. "I know the idea of relaxing mask-wearing and getting back to everyday activities is appealing, but we're not there yet," Walensky said. "We have seen this movie before. When prevention measures, like mask mandates, are rolled back, cases go up." 172,929. That's the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases reported in Idaho since the start of the pandemic, leading to 1,880 deaths, according to a New York Times database. Over the past week, the average number of daily cases has increased by 7% from the average two weeks earlier.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 8, 2021 17:36

daspyknows
Nate
daspyknows
Beast

[www.theguardian.com]

Nate

I would look to the medical professionals and scientists for this.

you mean the ones that said "masks don't work?"......or the ones that now tell us "wear 2 masks"...(even though they are the same people)

or the ones that told us "6 ft," is safe....then it was "3 ft" (again...same people)

or the ones now tell us "teachers don't need to be vaccinated" (same people...but we still need to keep certain businesses closed/limited for some reason...but, not WalMart or the liquor store, they can stay open the entire time w/ no limits on customers.

Point: I have no problem "following the science"...but, let's stop acting like everything that comes out of a doctor's mouth is The Law of Gravity.

and, the idea that "scientists" or "medical professionals" will determine who can or cannot go to a concert?

yuck.

what's next? No Vaccine, No Entrance to.....Restaurants? Bars? Your child's football game or ballet performance?

talk about a horrible Slippery Slope...

My policy: Entertainment is a luxury, not a right....so, "if you are afraid of getting sick, don't go"...

I like Fauci, but I don't need (or want) him setting Vaccination Laws for Concerts.

otherwise, we should have Mandatory Breathalizers after every show too....I want to be protected from the "dumba$$ drunks" just like others want to be protected from "dumba$$ anti-vaxxers"....

cops take your keys when you enter the show and you have to PROVE you are sober afterwards.....guilty until proven innocent...

refuse to take part? No show for you. Stay home.

sounds "great"

not.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 8, 2021 17:48

Hairball
‘Burn The Mask’ Rally Draws More Than 100 At Idaho Capitol Building

Forbes

A crowd of protesters gathered Saturday in front of the Idaho State Capitol building in Boise for a "Burn The Mask" rally to mobilize against local mask mandates in place to slow the spread of the coronavirus, which demonstrators claimed violates personal freedoms. Sergio Olmos, a reporter for the Oregon Public Broadcasting that was at the event, estimated that the crowd consisted of approximately 150 people. One video posted to Olmos account shows a handful of young children throwing masks into a fire inside a barrel, as one child shouts, "destroy them, they're death." In another video, an armed protester places a photo of what appears to be President Joe Biden alongside Nancy Pelosi into the fire.

Earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a report which showed mask-wearing was linked to fewer Covid-19 infections and coronavirus-related deaths in counties across the United States. Idaho Gov. Brad Little (R) has not issued a statewide mask mandate, but several counties and cities in the state, including Boise, have mandates in place. Earlier this week, two Republican state representatives, Rep. Heather Scott and Rep. Dorothy Moon, posted a video declaring their "full support" for Saturday's "Burn The Mask" rally. They encouraged residents that didn't own any masks to bring printed copies of proclamations and executive orders related to mandates so they could participate by burning those items. "I think it will be pretty fun," said Scott. Moon added, "It should be great. So far, I think there are about 50 burn barrels set up around the state for people to get involved." Lieutenant Governor Janice McGeachin spoke at the event outside the state capitol. A website promoting Saturday's rallies listed 28 separate "burn site" locations. One of the organizers, claiming the coronavirus crisis is "one of the best crises the globalists' can use to continue the subjugate the people," provided instructions on printing out fliers. Darr Moon, the husband of Rep. Moon, told Olmos Saturday, "we're standing here today to reign back government, to reestablish our Republican form of government."

During a White House Covid-19 response team briefing on Friday, CDC director Rochelle P. Walensky urged Americans to "double down" on prevention measures. "I know the idea of relaxing mask-wearing and getting back to everyday activities is appealing, but we're not there yet," Walensky said. "We have seen this movie before. When prevention measures, like mask mandates, are rolled back, cases go up." 172,929. That's the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases reported in Idaho since the start of the pandemic, leading to 1,880 deaths, according to a New York Times database. Over the past week, the average number of daily cases has increased by 7% from the average two weeks earlier.

God help us all in the US!

Got my J&J shot two days ago and it was a breeze. No side effects and a lot of relief

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 8, 2021 18:04

Most of those I know who are reluctant to take the jab, tell me they’ll do so if it means their ability to ‘go on holiday’ will be affected. I’m unsure as to what the reluctance is generally, globally, but here in the U.K., the reasoning amongst those I know seems to be so trivial. Basically, they’ll all take it once forced to do so.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...215216217218219220221222223224225...LastNext
Current Page: 220 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1438
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home