Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...214215216217218219220221222223224...LastNext
Current Page: 219 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 3, 2021 00:39

black n blue
bleedingman
Big Al
Out of curiosity: does anyone here know anyone personally, whose reluctant to get vaccinated? I know people who are uncertain and, one or two who'll only vaccinate if life becomes too restrictive otherwise. I suspect they'll come around as time progresses.

I have no plans to be vaccinated.
me too, it’s a money maker for pfizer

I have no plans either.......

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 3, 2021 00:56

black n blue
bleedingman
Big Al
Out of curiosity: does anyone here know anyone personally, whose reluctant to get vaccinated? I know people who are uncertain and, one or two who'll only vaccinate if life becomes too restrictive otherwise. I suspect they'll come around as time progresses.

I hope you enjoy your Covid experience. You can be the resident Darwin award winner.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 3, 2021 01:03

Texas and Mississippi are definitely jumping the gun on opening everything up, dropping mask mandates, etc.

Surprisingly high praise on the successes of the new administration's managing of the virus though, which by anyones measure has been stellar.
Bless their hearts.

Date: March 3, 2021 01:16

chris girard
I have had my first shot and scheduled for the second one in 2 weeks. I know two people who have a long term case of COVID. One has been sick now for 3 months, we just did a go fund me to collect $5,000 for her so she can pay the rent and bills. She is now unemployable. I know another person who is retired, and been sick now for two months, has develop diabetes,suffers from acute fatigue. He was an avid motorcycle enthusuast, now is unable to ride. I am more afraid of the long term affects than of dying. There is no way I'm not getting the 2nd shot. Here in MD the roll out has been terrible, very disorganized and vaccine shortages are frequent. Stay safe everyone, wear your mask and get a shot.

Sorry to hear that..
The "long haulers" as they are known are still kind of a mystery to scientists, but there has been a lot of early data showing some getting substantial relief from the vaccines.
Hopefully there will be more advances soon on this front.

Dr. Anthony Fauci aims to answer 'a lot of important questions' about 'COVID long-haulers' in new nationwide initiative

The U.S. government is launching a nationwide initiative to study COVID-19 patients who suffer from residual symptoms months after recovery, commonly known as "COVID long-haulers," Dr. Anthony Fauci said in a White House briefing Wednesday.

The nation's leading infectious diseases expert also revealed a scientific name for the new syndrome – Post Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 (PASC) – further legitimizing the suffering population.

"(There are) a lot of important questions that are now unanswered that we hope with this series of initiatives we will ultimately answer," Fauci said.

The announcement comes after a study published last week in JAMA Network Open found about 30% of COVID-19 patients reported persistent symptoms as long as 9 months after illness.

These symptoms included fatigue, shortness of breath, sleeping disorders, fevers, gastrointestinal issues, anxiety and depression, and so-called "brain fog."
"Sometimes these symptoms arise well after the time of infection or they evolve over time and they may persist ... for months, and can range from mild, annoying to actually quite incapacitating," Fauci said.
[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 3, 2021 01:27

MisterDDDD
... The "long haulers" as they are known are still kind of a mystery to scientists, but there has been a lot of early data showing some getting substantial relief from the vaccines.

Are you saying that the vaccine is relieving the symptoms for long-haulers still recovering from COVID? I hadn’t heard that, but it would be wonderful!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 3, 2021 01:35

NICOS
black n blue
bleedingman
Big Al

I have no plans either.......
So maybe no chance to get a concert ticket...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 3, 2021 01:37

Got my 1st dose.

Initially, I did not want it. I miss my concerts, I wanna travel and I hate the idea of potentially getting someone sick.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 3, 2021 01:39

Well hell son, ever been to Mississippi? Ain't exactly the enlightenment capital of the nation, that's for sure. Only slightly ahead of Texass now that I think about it.

So...Dr Darwin to the yellow courtesy phone please...

jb

Date: March 3, 2021 01:52

SomeTorontoGirl
MisterDDDD
... The "long haulers" as they are known are still kind of a mystery to scientists, but there has been a lot of early data showing some getting substantial relief from the vaccines.

Are you saying that the vaccine is relieving the symptoms for long-haulers still recovering from COVID? I hadn’t heard that, but it would be wonderful!

I have been seeing a lot of mainly social media posts talking about positive results for them from the existing vaccines as well as a few media reports like this one.

Can the COVID-19 vaccine end long-term symptoms?
Doctors have recently started talking about the COVID-19 vaccine’s impact on long-term symptoms

The COVID-19 vaccine continues to make its way into the arms of Americans. And, according to some researchers, the vaccine might help those who once had long-term COVID-19 symptoms.
Dr. Brian Lamb, an internal medicine doctor with Allegheny Health Network, told WPXI that there have been some long-haulers — those who suffer from COVID-19 symptoms long after infection — who have seen their symptoms disappear after the first COVID-19 vaccine dose.
“We are seeing the people who have the low level, almost still infected, the ones who don’t feel right and have the brain fog, fatigue ... those are the ones we are seeing getting better with the shot,” he said.

This isn’t the case with every COVID-19 patient or anyone who had long-term symptoms of COVID-19. But it remains a promising sign of the vaccine’s utility if more research is done on the matter.
[www.deseret.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 3, 2021 02:03

That is encouraging - thanks MisterDDDD. Correlation doesn’t equal causation and all that, but if true, this would be great news for long-haulers.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 3, 2021 02:44

black n blue
bleedingman
Big Al

Your reason for not getting vaxxed is because "it’s a money maker for pfizer"?

Do you not go to see the Stones or anyone else you've ever bought a record of because the show means they make money?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 3, 2021 05:42

MisterDDDD
Texas and Mississippi are definitely jumping the gun on opening everything up, dropping mask mandates, etc.

Surprisingly high praise on the successes of the new administration's managing of the virus though, which by anyones measure has been stellar.
Bless their hearts.

The governors of Texas and Mississippi are idiots. Cases already rising in both states before the changes. They are also some of the least vaccinated states. Stupidity of some results in suffering and inconvenience of many.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 3, 2021 08:47

So here in Louisiana, we live in between Texas and Mississippi, and now Arkansas to the north have gotten rid of nearly all their restrictions too. We are doomed. Our governor had loosened our restrictions before today's announcement, I hope he slaps 'em right back on again.

And, the vaccine is a moneymaker for Pfizer? Here, take my money!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 3, 2021 08:57

Aquamarine
So here in Louisiana, we live in between Texas and Mississippi, and now Arkansas to the north have gotten rid of nearly all their restrictions too. We are doomed. Our governor had loosened our restrictions before today's announcement, I hope he slaps 'em right back on again.

And, the vaccine is a moneymaker for Pfizer? Here, take my money!!

So, when do you feel will be time to loosen restrictions? Do you think it’ll be okay to do so once everyone in yours and neighbouring states have had both doses? We’ll have everyone - who wishes to do so, of course - fully vaccinated by the end of June, here in the U.K. Once this target has been reached, there’s no reason why we can’t fully open-up with a vaccine-passport type setup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-03 08:59 by Big Al.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 3, 2021 10:30

Gotta love Dolly, who even made sure not skip the queue to get her own shot of the vaccine she helped to fund.

Covid-19: Dolly Parton marks vaccination with Jolene rewrite. Video here:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 3, 2021 14:21

Beast
Gotta love Dolly, who even made sure not skip the queue to get her own shot of the vaccine she helped to fund.

[www.bbc.co.uk]
and she was on NBC News this morning singing Vaccine ( instead of Jolene and it was pretty good )

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 3, 2021 15:12

TheGreek
Beast

[www.bbc.co.uk]
and she was on NBC News this morning singing Vaccine ( instead of Jolene and it was pretty good )

Yes, the video of that is in the link above.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 3, 2021 15:38

daspyknows
MisterDDDD

Bless their hearts.

The governors of Texas and Mississippi are idiots. Cases already rising in both states before the changes. They are also some of the least vaccinated states. Stupidity of some results in suffering and inconvenience of many.

Two of six of the dumbest states in the US. I wish Texas would disappear. The dumbest state in the US.

Date: March 3, 2021 15:45

GasLightStreet
daspyknows
MisterDDDD

Bless their hearts.

Two of six of the dumbest states in the US. I wish Texas would disappear. The dumbest state in the US.

Should be noted that the Governor of Texas pulled this out to change the conversation from their recent power grid disaster. Mission accomplished.

Date: March 3, 2021 15:49

Beast

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Loved seeing this tweet from her yesterday..

Dolly Parton
@DollyParton
·
16h
Dolly gets a dose of her own medicine.

[twitter.com]

Date: March 3, 2021 16:06

It's interesting to see celebrities and pols etc get their jab.
The reason they are doing so of course is to encourage fans and others who may be leery to do so.

Has me wondering why we haven't seen more of the aging rock stars get theirs.
Perhaps part of the reason may be that, unlike country music fans, most rock fans are already all for it. As for politicians, it was reported yesterday that the former occupant of the WH and his mail orde.., I mean his wife, were vaccinated in January.

No cameras, no announcement, no encouraging the skeptics, because of course.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: March 3, 2021 16:37

MisterDDDD
Perhaps part of the reason may be that, unlike country music fans, most rock fans are already all for it.

Really? Where do you come up with this from?

Date: March 3, 2021 16:47

nellcote'71
MisterDDDD
Perhaps part of the reason may be that, unlike country music fans, most rock fans are already all for it.

Obviously observational.

Also.. Really??
Texas just opened up, and Nashville has basically had their lower Broadway district open throughout the pandemic for starters.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: March 3, 2021 16:54

MisterDDDD
nellcote'71
MisterDDDD

Obviously observational.

Obviously BS

Date: March 3, 2021 17:04

nellcote'71
MisterDDDD
nellcote'71
MisterDDDD

Obviously observational.

Obviously BS

Lol. Sorry to trigger you.
Country fans like the ones who attended Sturgis are all for masks and vaccines.
Giddy up they say.

Date: March 3, 2021 17:20

Good move by the Governor of our state yesterday, following the recommendation by the President and the CDC.
I have one high schooler at home doing online learning and several grandchildren doing the same.

Was given the option recently of her returning to in-person instruction, but we declined. Even though my wife and I are now vaccinated, it's too risky for her and the teachers, bus drivers, etc to do so until they're all vaccinated imo. We'll start back fresh next fall regardless.

Washington state teachers, child care workers can now get COVID-19 vaccines, Gov. Inslee says

Gov. Jay Inslee on Tuesday afternoon said teachers and licensed child care workers could seek COVID-19 vaccines immediately, assenting to new directions from the federal government.

“Educators and licensed child care workers can schedule with providers right away,” Inslee said in a statement.

President Joe Biden earlier on Tuesday directed governors to open access to educators working with students from pre-K age through grade 12, school support staff and child care workers. He also announced that federal supply of vaccines would expand, with the goal of doses available to all adult Americans by the end of May.
[www.seattletimes.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 3, 2021 17:35

I teach school in Georgia, USA. We have had our students with us since last August. A few quarantined students and teachers, but mostly pretty smooth. Our kids have been MUCH better than expected about wearing masks and social distancing.

Most teachers and students know someone who has died from COVID.

I have had the first shot and will take the second on in two weeks. No ill effects.

Just using common sense (avoiding crowds, masking, staying outside as much as possible, etc.).

Hope you all stay safe.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 3, 2021 18:57

The next wave will be the biggest one, for those who open up now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 3, 2021 19:57

daspyknows
black n blue
bleedingman
Big Al

I hope you enjoy your Covid experience. You can be the resident Darwin award winner.

I don't even have to look at the user name to recognize your continuous nasty posting. Have a good day.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 3, 2021 20:09

The virus knows no borders, and without travel restrictions, etc. seems clear it will spread freely from one state to the next, not to mention from one country to another.
Texas is the largest state with the second highest population (after California) and is sure to wreak havoc by spreading the virus. And then there are entire villages/towns in Mexico who refuse to take the vaccine.
These villages/towns aren't isolated, quarantined, or restricted so the virus can spread easily within the country. And with the influx of people from Mexico in to the US, surely there's the risk of it spreading even further.
Here in California some of the restrictions are loosening up just a bit (for the time being anyways), but nothing compared to the maskless lunacy of Texas and other states reopening without any restrictions whatsoever.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...214215216217218219220221222223224...LastNext
Current Page: 219 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home