Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...207208209210211212213214215216217...LastNext
Current Page: 212 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 12, 2021 17:28

We're going to have to live with it:

[www.cnbc.com]

incidentally, this is what I said on March 5, 2020...Page 7 on this thread! I went back and looked it up!

Go ME...I'm finally RIGHT about something....why the EFF does it have to be THIS?

eye rolling smiley

Learn to Live With It!!! Masks in the Supermarket Forever!!! I Always Hated People Sniffling, Wiping Their Nose, then Touching the Fruit in the Produce Section!!!

Who's With Me?!?!?

(by the way, it is interesting to go back and read people's thoughts and thought-processes 211 pages and a year ago)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 12, 2021 18:03

I haven’t seen my friends for months I haven’t traveled since October I haven’t seen a concert for over a year I haven’t been to a restaurant for months and many other things that I and many other people around the world enjoy have all been taken away.
There are people who would willingly take the vaccine but are not medically advised to do so and those people will have to take extra care to protect themselves.
People who choose not to take the vaccine because they believe in stupid conspiracy theories or people who choose to decline it for religious reasons can go fxxk themselves.
When everyone who desires a vaccine has had the opportunity to have one I will not be following anymore of these restrictions.

Nate

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 13, 2021 03:50

Nate, you're not alone and we will get through this.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 13, 2021 09:40

Nate
I haven’t seen my friends for months I haven’t traveled since October I haven’t seen a concert for over a year I haven’t been to a restaurant for months and many other things that I and many other people around the world enjoy have all been taken away.
There are people who would willingly take the vaccine but are not medically advised to do so and those people will have to take extra care to protect themselves.
People who choose not to take the vaccine because they believe in stupid conspiracy theories or people who choose to decline it for religious reasons can go fxxk themselves.
When everyone who desires a vaccine has had the opportunity to have one I will not be following anymore of these restrictions.

Nate

Did you ever hear about this amazing British act called "Monty Pythons Flighing Circus"?
They have this song "Always look at the bright side of life"! We're all stuck here and it sucks, but imagine a meteorite bombardment ... you can replace "st" by "f". All we need is patience and we'll be fine again. Hold on, Nate!winking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 13, 2021 11:23

I think that Covid-19 is something we'll all be living with for a long time. With the vaccine roll-out, hopefully, we will be able to just co-exist alongside it: yearly jabs, etc. It'll be just like the flu, I would imagine. By year's end, I would like to see the re-opening of all bars, restaurants, theatres, etc. No social-distancing and no-more table-service in my beloved pubs. I want to walk to the bar and wave a £10 note in the barmaid's face smileys with beer

U.K. Health Secretary: 'We could live with covid like the flu :-

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-13 11:26 by Big Al.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: February 13, 2021 11:40

Nate

Nate
When my son died (suddenly) a year ago, the numbers were restricted for a funeral because of COVID. I wasn’t even sure I could attend the death of my own Son. That’s the new world, the new 2021 life to me. My other children need me to help THEM. COVID is still sneaking around here. It’s not over yet
I’m not worried about the Supermarket. People should follow their own star, if it kills them (by making the wrong choice) maybe they needed more education (not media education). For me .... I’m wanting to do the right things for my remaining Children... as a Father should

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 13, 2021 16:27

midimannz
Nate

Nate
When my son died (suddenly) a year ago, the numbers were restricted for a funeral because of COVID. I wasn’t even sure I could attend the death of my own Son. That’s the new world, the new 2021 life to me. My other children need me to help THEM. COVID is still sneaking around here. It’s not over yet
I’m not worried about the Supermarket. People should follow their own star, if it kills them (by making the wrong choice) maybe they needed more education (not media education). For me .... I’m wanting to do the right things for my remaining Children... as a Father should

I feel your pain, my dad had a series of strokes last year, the 3rd did him in after a week in hospice.

Apparently he was conscious on the way to the hospital (was in a long term care facility due to the previous stroke) but we couldn't even go see him because of covid. I constantly wonder if he was aware of what was going on and wondering where we were.

Date: February 13, 2021 22:48

Just been down to my local store where the staff are now having to wear body cameras due to some bastard spitting in the face of a member of staff who had asked the perpetrator to wear a face covering in the store.

I am fortunate not to have to work with the public as if I did I would probably end up in jail.

Nate

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 13, 2021 23:50

Nate,if you tune into the news you might realise most of the world are in the same boat.Cheer up mate and put some Stones music on.

Date: February 14, 2021 01:51

stargroover
Nate,if you tune into the news you might realise most of the world are in the same boat.Cheer up mate and put some Stones music on.

I’m fine thank you I am just tired of the situation as I’m sure everyone else is but I am very optimistic about things becoming much better this year at least here in the U.K.
I do realise and appreciate it is a much different outlook in many other places around the world with some countries not even knowing when they will receive vaccines and this week I read about cartels in Mexico stealing oxygen supplies to sell on at vastly inflated prices leaving sick people who can’t afford it to suffocate.

I do however have a problem with people who act in such a disgusting manner as described in my post above and can only hope that true justice finds them.

Nate

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 14, 2021 03:00

Nate
stargroover

I’m fine thank you I am just tired of the situation as I’m sure everyone else is but I am very optimistic about things becoming much better this year at least here in the U.K.
I do realise and appreciate it is a much different outlook in many other places around the world with some countries not even knowing when they will receive vaccines and this week I read about cartels in Mexico stealing oxygen supplies to sell on at vastly inflated prices leaving sick people who can’t afford it to suffocate.

I do however have a problem with people who act in such a disgusting manner as described in my post above and can only hope that true justice finds them.

Nate

The best way to protect your self is ......skip the news.........enjoy yourself...... and wait for better days.............

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 14, 2021 06:31

midimannz and kovach, so sorry about the limited access you had to your son and father because of the Covid. My deepest condolences.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 14, 2021 10:00

Midimannaz and kovach, I am also so sorry to read what happened to you and your loved ones.

When my grandma died 4 months ago, we were also not allowed to see her for the last month of her life and I wonder and always will what a terrible time it must had been for her. We were allowed to see her the day before she passed away, so at least we were able to say goodbye, though I am not sure she knew that. There were only 10 people allowed to attend the funeral (while all supermarkets were full of people...)

Anyway, going through losing a child is probably the hardest thing I can imagine. Again, my deepest condolences, midimannz.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 14, 2021 17:42

In order to get back to a normal life, including large crowds, live shows, tours, or just meeting up with other people, we need to get a large rate of the population vaccinated. So reports like the following one makes me wonder what is going on in people's minds.

Nearly a third of US adults are undecided about the Covid-19 vaccine. Some say friends and family could sway them (CNN February 14, 2021)

Though officials and health experts say the end of the Covid-19 pandemic will rely on a large proportion of Americans being inoculated, nearly a third of US adults say they have not decided if they will get the vaccine when it is offered to them.

About 31% of adults say they plan to "wait and see" how it works out for other people -- and about two-thirds of that group say they may be persuaded to get one if they're convinced it would be highly effective in preventing illness, according to an analysis released Friday of a previous study by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 14, 2021 18:10

bv

In order to get back to a normal life, including large crowds, live shows, tours, or just meeting up with other people, we need to get a large rate of the population vaccinated.

This will also include children, but experts in Germany expect that they can vaccinate children earliest at the end of 2021 or more likely early 2022 because the Covid-vaccine is currently not approved for children (BioNTech from the age of 16, Moderna and AstraZeneca from the age of 18). -- [www.Tagesschau.de] - (7-Feb-2021, in German).

So it'll still take some time before herd immunity is really achieved ....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 14, 2021 20:09

bv
In order to get back to a normal life, including large crowds, live shows, tours, or just meeting up with other people, we need to get a large rate of the population vaccinated. So reports like the following one makes me wonder what is going on in people's minds.

Nearly a third of US adults are undecided about the Covid-19 vaccine. Some say friends and family could sway them (CNN February 14, 2021)

Though officials and health experts say the end of the Covid-19 pandemic will rely on a large proportion of Americans being inoculated, nearly a third of US adults say they have not decided if they will get the vaccine when it is offered to them.

About 31% of adults say they plan to "wait and see" how it works out for other people -- and about two-thirds of that group say they may be persuaded to get one if they're convinced it would be highly effective in preventing illness, according to an analysis released Friday of a previous study by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Some are skeptical, some are hesitant, some are stubborn, some are stupid, some are leery, and some are suspicious among other reasons.
But whatever those reasons may be, being "undecided" on the vaccine is going to be a problem not only here in the US, but other parts of the world as well..

Vaccine skepticism in the US

"The reluctance or refusal to be vaccinated has been a growing problem in the U.S. long before the pandemic started. Medical experts point to a long-debunked study published by British researchers in 1998 linking measles vaccines to autism in children. That only emboldened anti-vaxxers, a group of activists known for their opposition to vaccinations and for spreading misinformation about vaccines, physicians and scientists say.

Former President Barack Obama has said the Tuskegee study still lingers as a painful memory that’s led to vaccine skepticism in Black and Brown communities. Researchers who conducted the infamous study from 1932 to 1972 gave Black men with syphilis placebos instead of penicillin so government researchers could study the long-term effects of the disease".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-14 20:10 by Hairball.

Date: February 15, 2021 15:41

According to social physicologists (today's news) the Dutch people have a new powerful buffer against all the corona misery. 8 days of snow and ice gave them a newly found freedom. Being together (even partly remote) on the canals and small lakes and having fun (kids) in the snow cheered up the spirit. Togetherness was far away for many months and suddenly the snowy and cold surprise was there. Also the very high water levels (and strong currents) of different major rivers attracted many people. Social distancing was not really a problem in our space country.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 15, 2021 16:35

georgie48

Dutch people have a new powerful buffer against all the corona misery. 8 days of snow and ice gave them a newly found freedom. Being together (even partly remote) on the canals and small lakes and having fun (kids) in the snow cheered up the spirit.

Must have been like this:

Amsterdam, Prinsengracht - (picture by dpa, 13-Feb-2021) - [www.Tagesschau.de] - Large picture.

Kinderdijk (near Rotterdam) - [www.Tagesschau.de] - Large picture.

Date: February 15, 2021 16:53

it's true

i hate cold, snow and ice, but everyone was smiling, the spirits are high again.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 15, 2021 18:11

Happy24
Midimannaz and kovach, I am also so sorry to read what happened to you and your loved ones.

When my grandma died 4 months ago, we were also not allowed to see her for the last month of her life and I wonder and always will what a terrible time it must had been for her. We were allowed to see her the day before she passed away, so at least we were able to say goodbye, though I am not sure she knew that. There were only 10 people allowed to attend the funeral (while all supermarkets were full of people...)

Anyway, going through losing a child is probably the hardest thing I can imagine. Again, my deepest condolences, midimannz.
Thank you all, my dad lived a good fairly long life, died the day before his 80th birthday.

And I can't imagine going through that with a child, I can't think of anything worse to have to go through.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 15, 2021 18:16

Well the cold, snow and ice has disappeared from my corner of England, it was 29F yesterday and 52F today. So that made me smile, I hate the cold.

I had my first vaccination today, and that made me smile.

Then when I got home, first track played on the radio was ‘Satisfaction’ of course most unusual to hear on the radio these days. So my smile grew even bigger!!

And I wondered, for the first time in a long while, are we, just maybe, turning just a tiny little corner?

Date: February 15, 2021 18:37

Irix
georgie48

Dutch people have a new powerful buffer against all the corona misery. 8 days of snow and ice gave them a newly found freedom. Being together (even partly remote) on the canals and small lakes and having fun (kids) in the snow cheered up the spirit.

Amsterdam, Prinsengracht - (picture by dpa, 13-Feb-2021) - [www.Tagesschau.de] - Large picture.

Indeed! Beatiful Amsterdam, where I was born a long, long time ago smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 15, 2021 23:59

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 16 February 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 16, 2021 00:18

georgie48
Irix
georgie48

Indeed! Beatiful Amsterdam, where I was born a long, long time ago smileys with beer

Beautiful pic, and brings back many fond memories.thumbs up

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 16, 2021 12:40

The new season started...John Oliver:

About "The Next Pandemic", some
frightening facts there (... and even Keith is mentioned):

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 16, 2021 13:06

Keith is mentioned but only in order to put Johnny Depp into his place as a second-rate imitator

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 16, 2021 14:19

Nikkei
Keith is mentioned but only in order to put Johnny Depp into his place as a second-rate imitator

For anyone who can’t view the video, Oliver (in the context of Pirates of the Caribbean) referred to Depp as ‘...a weird, sad millionaire doing a B+ Keith Richards.’ grinning smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 16, 2021 19:31

bv

I have to laugh at these stories.

I live in NY. Everyone I know is desperate to get a vaccine. The procedure to get an appointment is a joke. They have no vaccines and no system to distribute it to the millions who want one.

How about we take care of the people who want a vaccine but cant get one because we can't do anything right anymore before worrying about convincing people that they need to get a vaccine that is impossible to currently get?

By the time we manufacture enough and get it distributed the virus will have mutated so much it won't work.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 16, 2021 20:21

Nate
I haven’t seen my friends for months I haven’t traveled since October I haven’t seen a concert for over a year I haven’t been to a restaurant for months and many other things that I and many other people around the world enjoy have all been taken away...

Only if you choose to have them taken away. I am still doing all these things ... not so much the concerts, though our town did have bands playing every weekend in the main part of town, outdoors, in the two months between Thanksgiving and New Year's - so we did attend most of those. It was pretty cool, they had local bars serving drinks in outdoor canopies, so you could drink too .. although some of the days it was very cold!!

We go out every weekend, mostly to a restaurant, but we have hosted ...and been to other peoples homes as well. You don't have to accept isolation for the rest of your life.

Be careful, but live!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 16, 2021 20:35

LeonidP
Nate
I haven’t seen my friends for months I haven’t traveled since October I haven’t seen a concert for over a year I haven’t been to a restaurant for months and many other things that I and many other people around the world enjoy have all been taken away...

Only if you choose to have them taken away. I am still doing all these things ... not so much the concerts, though our town did have bands playing every weekend in the main part of town, outdoors, in the two months between Thanksgiving and New Year's - so we did attend most of those. It was pretty cool, they had local bars serving drinks in outdoor canopies, so you could drink too .. although some of the days it was very cold!!

We go out every weekend, mostly to a restaurant, but we have hosted ...and been to other peoples homes as well. You don't have to accept isolation for the rest of your life.

Be careful, but live!

None of these things are currently possible anywhere in the UK. We have a lockdown here, across all 4 UK nations. No live music, restaurants or pubs are open.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...207208209210211212213214215216217...LastNext
Current Page: 212 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1234
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home