Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...205206207208209210211212213214215...LastNext
Current Page: 210 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 3, 2021 06:03

colonial
It's the old attitude of "It won't happen to me, it's always someone else" are how people all around the world are going about this covid19 thing the wrong way

Yes. Cognitive dissonance. Same thing with smoking&health at least in years past. Like, I know smoking is bad for me, but surely I can't get lung cancer, eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-03 06:03 by Topi.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 4, 2021 16:21

NICOS
stickyfingers101
Why Are So Many Health Care Workers Resisting the Covid Vaccine?

[www.newyorker.com]

You can read it in the article.................

Chance doesn’t want a coronavirus vaccine. (Because it’s not known how long naturally acquired immunity lasts, the C.D.C. recommends that people who have already had the virus still get vaccinated.) I asked her how she has come to believe that one vaccine saved her life but another threatens her health. The vaccine “came out too fast,” she said. “I think they removed a lot of barriers to get it done faster.” She continued, “It’s not that I don’t believe they’re trying to do a good job. I think they have awesome scientists working really hard. I applaud them for doing what they’re doing. I just don’t believe there’s been enough research yet. There’s no way they’ve been studying it for long enough.” Beyond the speed of development, Chance has questions—about how long vaccine-generated immunity lasts, about how serious the long-term side effects might be, and about what could happen if the virus mutates further. Until these questions are answered to her satisfaction, she has no plans to get immunized. “I’m not saying never,” Chance told me. “I’m just saying not now.”

haha!

I know....that's the title of the article. I just typed it above the URL so people would know what was being posted

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 5, 2021 00:05

"As of 3-Feb-2021, the U.K. had vaccinated over 15 percent of its population, more than anywhere in the world aside from Israel and the United Arab Emirates. The United States was over 8 percent, and the European Union was below 3 percent." - [www.NYTimes.com] .

So, with the UK now reaching 20% vaccination rate it'll be interesting if the case numbers will significantly go down ....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 5, 2021 00:33

Irix
"As of 3-Feb-2021, the U.K. had vaccinated over 15 percent of its population, more than anywhere in the world aside from Israel and the United Arab Emirates. The United States was over 8 percent, and the European Union was below 3 percent." - [www.NYTimes.com] .

So, with the UK now reaching 20% vaccination rate it'll be interesting if the case numbers will significantly go down ....

They are beginning to fall, slowly.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 5, 2021 01:22

stickyfingers101
NICOS
stickyfingers101
Why Are So Many Health Care Workers Resisting the Covid Vaccine?

[www.newyorker.com]

You can read it in the article.................

Chance doesn’t want a coronavirus vaccine. (Because it’s not known how long naturally acquired immunity lasts, the C.D.C. recommends that people who have already had the virus still get vaccinated.) I asked her how she has come to believe that one vaccine saved her life but another threatens her health. The vaccine “came out too fast,” she said. “I think they removed a lot of barriers to get it done faster.” She continued, “It’s not that I don’t believe they’re trying to do a good job. I think they have awesome scientists working really hard. I applaud them for doing what they’re doing. I just don’t believe there’s been enough research yet. There’s no way they’ve been studying it for long enough.” Beyond the speed of development, Chance has questions—about how long vaccine-generated immunity lasts, about how serious the long-term side effects might be, and about what could happen if the virus mutates further. Until these questions are answered to her satisfaction, she has no plans to get immunized. “I’m not saying never,” Chance told me. “I’m just saying not now.”

haha!

I know....that's the title of the article. I just typed it above the URL so people would know what was being posted

Ha ha now I understand your quote ......this' is the fun of online chatting confused smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 5, 2021 02:37

An interesting article from The Atlantic about one person's experiences with vaccine side effects. [www.theatlantic.com]
Edit: She fully supports getting the vaccine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-05 03:05 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2021 04:51

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 5 February 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 5, 2021 05:30

Dr Fauci answers questions that includes Stones content, as well as if/when he thinks concerts may return.

Date: February 5, 2021 08:24

I concur with all of his answers except to the big question. Bummer

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 5, 2021 08:55

makemeburnthecandle
I concur with all of his answers except to the big question. Bummer

Well, nobody's perfect, I guess. At least we know he likes music!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 5, 2021 21:14

All the NFL stadiums will be opened up for mass vaccination sites after the SB.
Nice.

First look: NFL tells Biden all team stadiums ready as vaccine sites

On the eve of Super Bowl weekend, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell wrote President Biden to tell him that each of the league's 32 teams "will make its stadium available for mass vaccinations of the general public."

Driving the news: Goodell wrote in the letter, dated Thursday, that this can be done swiftly "because many of our clubs have offered their facilities previously as COVID testing centers as well as election sites over the past several months."
[www.axios.com]

Date: February 6, 2021 00:21

Yay, I'm finally eligible for the vaccine! hot smiley

Boo, I can't find anyplace where it's available. Best I could do was a couple of waiting lists. sad smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2021 12:29

Norway / Scandinavia update:

Two weeks ago our region closed down, in order to slow down the UK variant.

Every day we hear about new instances of the UK variant. They say it is 55% to 70% more infectious. A kids hockey school in Halden infected more than 100 people in just a couple of hours. The tiny village of Ulvik, with just 1,000 people, have 70 people infected by the UK variant, and 500 i.e. half of everyone living there are now in quarantine.

For sure the UK variant is a lot more infectious. It will generate a 3rd wave wherever it is out of control. If you are in the same room with a person with the UK variant, or in a ice rink, nearby someone, you might get it.

On the positive side, people get really scared, now it seems like everyone do respect the rules and recommendations, mask on, distance, stay at home, don't travel. Our corona virus numbers are going down, while the fear of the 3rd wave from the UK variant is there.

Norway, Sweden and Denmark have all closed their borders. It will stay like this for two more months, then I hope April will improve, as the sun is warmer and the days are longer.

Below pictures from our nearby shopping center in Asker. Normally it is full of people walking between stores, bars and restaurants. Now everything is closed except essential food stores etc.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 6, 2021 18:09

Hopefully a good sign of things to come, my mother's retirement center announced they're all getting their 2nd shots on the 18th and will reopen on March 4th.

I'm on the caregiver list so can go when I want but she misses the rest of the family...

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 6, 2021 20:44

In the Netherlands a snow front is expected to hit the country as of midnight. Maybe 10 cm of snow ... confused smiley
All corona test and vaccination centers will be closed! My goodness, I thought we had plenty of salt and shovels ... sad smiley

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 6, 2021 23:34

In The Czech Republic..Over 1,000,000 Covid #19 cases as of last week... The Population as of 2019 is 10,650,000....So, In a few weeks.Nearly 1 out of 10 as it stands Right Now!The Situation well let's just say.....Is not going to get any better...Sad but True ..Stay Well Peace.M

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 7, 2021 05:09

Starting to hear more re-infections. Starting to see more of these.

[variety.com]#!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 7, 2021 21:13

Got a text message this morning from NHS and will be having my jab on Tuesday afternoon at Epsom racecourse.
Very efficient and easy to book a convenient time and day for it.
Surprised at getting it before end of February as I've just turned 69 and in level 5 on the priority list,but the NHS are really doing so well in getting as many people as possible in getting that vaccine in their arm.
God Bless the NHS here in UK. thumbs up

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: February 7, 2021 21:53

I read that the COVID infection rate here in the U.S. has decreased by 16%. We're most definitely not out of the woods with this thing, and now I'm very worried about the post-Super Bowl surge.

Date: February 8, 2021 07:07

THE AGE ---- 8 February 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: February 8, 2021 07:17

THE AGE ---- 8 February 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 8, 2021 14:53

I had my jab on Saturday; it was the Oxford Astra one.

Sunday morning, 03:00 Hrs, I began to feel nauseous, with flu like symptoms. This morning, I am 95% recovered. The only thing apparent is a pain in my left arm, which is slowly diminishing. I'd encourage, when it's your time, that you take the jab though.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 8, 2021 21:44

Bellajane
I read that the COVID infection rate here in the U.S. has decreased by 16%. We're most definitely not out of the woods with this thing, and now I'm very worried about the post-Super Bowl surge.

A friend told me that the flu for 2020-21 (when does "flu season" officially start - is there an official start to it? Winter is December 1 - February 28) is at .02%.

I've been looking to see if that is reliable (he watches this thing called the evening news).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 9, 2021 00:07

Bellajane

Especially with the UK strain about to sweep the nation...heard on the news radio today it will become the dominant strain shortly (if not already), and will wreak havoc due to it's ability to spread quicker.
The Scientist/Dr. being interviewed kept saying "wear a mask", "social distance", and mentioned some of the more stringent guidelines probably having to be put back in place, i.e. restaurant closures, etc., etc., etc.
Have to say it's hard to know who or what to believe, but until nearly everyone is able to get vaccinated, things will continue to be like a rollercoaster I guess.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-09 00:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 9, 2021 01:17

Hairball
Bellajane

Especially with the UK strain about to sweep the nation...heard on the news radio today it will become the dominant strain shortly (if not already), and will wreak havoc due to it's ability to spread quicker.
The Scientist/Dr. being interviewed kept saying "wear a mask", "social distance", and mentioned some of the more stringent guidelines probably having to be put back in place, i.e. restaurant closures, etc., etc., etc.
Have to say it's hard to know who or what to believe, but until nearly everyone is able to get vaccinated, things will continue to be like a rollercoaster I guess.

That's the reason that I "almost not" joining this discussion the last year.......I get very frustrating on who to believe.....this in my country I read in the news that 15 elderly people died of the vaccination ...why the heck would you vaccinate elderly old sick people who live in their last days.......they survived WW2, and all the flu's the last 80/90 years

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 9, 2021 05:12

GasLightStreet
Bellajane

A friend told me that the flu for 2020-21 (when does "flu season" officially start - is there an official start to it? Winter is December 1 - February 28) is at .02%.

I've been looking to see if that is reliable (he watches this thing called the evening news).

I think it's October to May.

Date: February 9, 2021 08:56

Out of the blue I got a vaccine appointment for Wednesday. Stuff it in my veins, I say, ASAP>

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 9, 2021 12:14

Aquamarine
Out of the blue I got a vaccine appointment for Wednesday. Stuff it in my veins, I say, ASAP>

In Washington state there is a government site called find your phase. It lets you know when you're eligible for the vaccine. I signed up yesterday. From what I can tell I should be approved for the next sub-tier, hopefully by the end of the month. It's a bit tricky as I have to work around chemo treatments & also the supply of vaccine is still not right. Fingers crossed I get it soon!

Date: February 9, 2021 13:41

The flu season have not started yet in Norway this winter. The normal flu season is October to May, with a peak in Jan/Feb.

The lower corona virus numbers, the less flu numbers, because distance, mask and all the other rules of virus protection work not for keeping corona virus numbers low, but also for other virus like the annual flu.

Ingen sesonginfluensa i Norge – det er ikke bare godt nytt (Nationen Jan 12, 2021)
(English: No flu season in Norway - Not just good news)

Picture below: The black dots are the 2020/2021 flu numbers in Norway, vs earlier seasons.

Bjornulf

Date: February 9, 2021 15:48

Covid travel rule-breakers could face 10-year jail term, says Hancock (The Guardian Tue 9 Feb 2021)

Matt Hancock has set out tough new measures to stop Covid-19 from entering England, including a 10-year sentence for incoming passengers who lie about where they have travelled when abroad.

The health secretary said people who entered the UK from 33 high-risk countries would have to pay up to £1,750 to quarantine in designated hotels.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...205206207208209210211212213214215...LastNext
Current Page: 210 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home