Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 17, 2020 21:11

bleedingman
You couldn't pay me enough money to put this in my body.

Alaska Health Worker Had a Serious Allergic Reaction After Pfizer's Vaccine

[www.yahoo.com]

There must be a lot wrong with your body then? If you're healthy (and had a couple of minor disruptions in your life like flu or cold or upset stomac or ...) you're not doing yourself (a those near you) a favor by not taking the vaccine ...
What do you know about that Health Worker? And ... did he die? Typical media rubbish ... The chances of you dying from something else is much, much higher. I hope you're fine anyway.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 17, 2020 21:15

bleedingman

[www.yahoo.com]

From the above story:
... then weaned off the drip early Wednesday morning, Jones said. He said the woman felt well, remained enthusiastic about the vaccine and was set to be discharged later Wednesday (i.e. next day).

On the very same day, in USA, more than 3,000 people died from covid-19, and 250,000 tested positive, of which thousands with complications that might damage their health permanently.

So far 300,000 died from Covid-19 in USA. An extremely rare allergic reaction, cured overnight, is not to be compared with the pandemic. I think I would take the vaccine. For sure.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 17, 2020 21:40

bv

EU & EEA vaccine update:

Dec 23 : EU approval of the Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine expected
Dec 24 : First shipment of vaccine arriving to EU/EEA countries
Dec 27 : First day of vaccination in EU/EEA countries

Dec. 23 is new target date for EU vaccine approval - govt source (Reuters DECEMBER 15, 2020)

Jan 6 2021: EU review of Moderna vaccine for approval expected - [www.Reuters.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 17, 2020 21:43

MileHigh
bleedingman

[www.yahoo.com]

If the vaccine is given to 30,000 random individuals and none of them had a reaction like the Alaska health worker, then you take your chances. The benefits far far outweigh the disadvantages. And if you don't take the vaccine then you could become an asymptotic carrier of Covid-19 and pass it on to a dozen people and one of them might die.

It's not yet known whether the vaccine stops people from being asymptomatic carriers. All is known at the moment is that it gives immunity from the symptoms, although for how long no one yet knows either.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 17, 2020 22:13

Beast
MileHigh
bleedingman

[www.yahoo.com]

If the vaccine is given to 30,000 random individuals and none of them had a reaction like the Alaska health worker, then you take your chances. The benefits far far outweigh the disadvantages. And if you don't take the vaccine then you could become an asymptotic carrier of Covid-19 and pass it on to a dozen people and one of them might die.

It's not yet known whether the vaccine stops people from being asymptomatic carriers. All is known at the moment is that it gives immunity from the symptoms, although for how long no one yet knows either.

That's doesn't make sense. The vaccine gives you immunity. So that means your body will destroy the virus. Hence you can't become an asymptomatic carrier.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 17, 2020 22:34

MileHigh
Beast
MileHigh
bleedingman

[www.yahoo.com]

That's doesn't make sense. The vaccine gives you immunity. So that means your body will destroy the virus. Hence you can't become an asymptomatic carrier.

Did you check out this article I posted a couple of pages back? You might still be contagious even AFTER you get the vaccine. So masks and social distancing will continue into the foreseeable future despite the vaccine. So why should I risk an allergic reaction that might kill me anyway? To each his own.
[www.inquirer.com]

Studies of the COVID-19 vaccines only measured whether vaccinated people developed symptoms, not whether they got infected. We know that you can become infected with the coronavirus and be asymptomatic, meaning you never develop symptoms. Asymptomatic people can still spread COVID-19 to others. So we don’t know whether a vaccine prevents asymptomatic infections and if there’s still the possibility that a vaccinated person could transmit the virus without knowing it.

Date: December 17, 2020 22:50

MileHigh

The vaccine gives you immunity. So that means your body will destroy the virus. Hence you can't become an asymptomatic carrier.

From [www.SWR.de] - (German public Radio/TV-Broadcaster, 9-Dec-2020):

"Vaccination can prevent severe courses of Covid-19, but the vaccine doesn't have to protect against infection. Vaccinated people could not get sick themselves, but at least for a short time they could carry and pass on the virus in their bodies. Test-monkeys were vaccinated, but researchers found as many viruses in the noses of the vaccinated animals as in the non-vaccinated animals. This could be an indication that vaccination does not prevent the infectiousness. But you also have to see that the monkeys got a comparatively large number of viruses directly into their noses in the experiment - probably much more than with a natural infection - i.e. via a classic droplet infection. So it is still unclear to what extent the information from animal experiments can really be transferred to humans and practice under laboratory conditions. Only in the next few months will it become clear whether people who have been vaccinated can infect other people. The virus could multiply in the nose and mouth despite being vaccinated - and that's exactly what happened before: the first Polio vaccine was only able to protect the vaccinated against the disease, but not prevent infection. Experts from the Robert-Koch-Institute also consider this to be conceivable with the corona virus. The virus could multiply in the nose and mouth despite the vaccination. The vaccinated person could then be contagious. But probably not as strong as without vaccination, says the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute: 'However, we assume that if the severe course is reduced, at least a reduction in the viral load in the upper respiratory tract occurs'." - [www.SWR.de] - (in German).

Date: December 17, 2020 23:14

Honestly by BS alarm is ringing for the sources quoted in the last two posts. Let's say that two weeks after you get your second shot, your body has developed the antibodies to hunt down and destroy the virus in your system.

For sure, there is a chance that you are going to find virus particles in your nasal passages if you are breathing in air with contaminated droplets from outside sources. But you yourself are not the source of the virus. In fact the virus particles in your nasal passages will be killed if they try to get into your system.

My interpretation is that this is most likely lay people (reporters) interpreting information from medical sources and putting their own alarmist spin on it. It's just a repeat of the two plus months where medical professionals (shame on them) and reporters were telling you to NOT wear masks.

The caveat is that this is my gut feel. I am not going to spend two hours to get to the bottom of this story. I could be wrong. However, I am not wrong about the basic fact that once you have the antibodies to destroy the Covid virus, your system will not be able to infect others because you do not carry the virus. Do your nasal passages filter out the dust and other crap in the air? Yes they do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-17 23:30 by MileHigh.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 17, 2020 23:31

Once everyone who wants a vaccine has had one then there will be very little desire and tolerance from most people for measures such as masks and distancing as the vast majority who would be vulnerable would be those who chose not to take the vaccine.
This has been going on for almost a year and people are tired of the whole situation.I think most people are happy to carry on doing their piece in order to protect others whilst the vaccination programme is being implemented worldwide but past that I don’t see people wanting to be walking around with their faces covered up in order to protect those who chose not to take the vaccine.

Nate

Date: December 17, 2020 23:36

Dr. Fauci Says You'll Still Need to Wear Masks—After Vaccine

[www.msn.com]

Dr. Anthony Fauci: Masks And Social Distancing Will Still Be Necessary Even After Vaccine

[deadline.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-17 23:39 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 17, 2020 23:36

Moderna scheduled for release tomorrow will require second dose (4 weeks later).. source general- CNN., Fox all

Date: December 17, 2020 23:40

MileHigh

Let's say that two weeks after you get your second shot, your body has developed the antibodies to hunt down and destroy the virus in your system.

From personal experience I can confirm that I've transmitted (almost 50 years ago) a Rubella-Virus to someone else who was still too young to already have an immune system. I was vaccinated against the Rubella-Virus and had neither symptoms nor a disease. But the other who I had unnoticed infected had a very severe course. This reminds me on the above described first Polio vaccine which was only able to protect the vaccinated against the disease but could not to prevent the infection.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 17, 2020 23:52

Irix
MileHigh

Let's say that two weeks after you get your second shot, your body has developed the antibodies to hunt down and destroy the virus in your system.

From personal experience I can confirm that I've transmitted (almost 50 years ago) a Rubella-Virus to someone else who was still too young to already have an immune system. I was vaccinated against the Rubella-Virus and had neither symptoms nor a disease. But the other who I had unnoticed infected had a very severe course. This reminds me on the above described first polio vaccine which was only able to protect the vaccinated against the disease but could not to prevent the infection.

Thanks for some relevant first hand experience.
So much more informative than nonsense like reporters conspiring to misconstrue medical info or to be alarmists. or something something. Lawd eye rolling smiley

Date: December 17, 2020 23:57

Dr. Fauci is not a reporter. He's the most brilliant doctor in history who will save us.

Date: December 18, 2020 00:01

Irix
MileHigh

From personal experience I can confirm that I've transmitted (almost 50 years ago) a Rubella-Virus to someone else who was still too young to already have an immune system. I was vaccinated against the Rubella-Virus and had neither symptoms nor a disease. But the other who I had unnoticed infected had a very severe course. This reminds me on the above described first polio vaccine which was only able to protect the vaccinated against the disease but could not to prevent the infection.

Note that polio and measles are examples of a vaccine almost completely eradicating a terrible disease. When I was a kid you were supposed to get the measles and the mumps as a right of passage and to protect you when you became an adult.

But as recent history has shown us, even though measles was essentially eradicated in the newer generations, it was still there in the "background" almost like background radiation. So when it became trendy to not have your kids vaccinated for measles, all of a sudden you had local outbreaks of measles happening.

One would conclude that Covid will always be there in the background looking for an opportunity to exploit. However, it will just be one of hundreds of diseases that do the same thing. Going forward, chances are all children will get a Covid shot as they grow up.

Date: December 18, 2020 00:11

Nate
Once everyone who wants a vaccine has had one then there will be very little desire and tolerance from most people for measures such as masks and distancing as the vast majority who would be vulnerable would be those who chose not to take the vaccine.
This has been going on for almost a year and people are tired of the whole situation.I think most people are happy to carry on doing their piece in order to protect others whilst the vaccination programme is being implemented worldwide but past that I don’t see people wanting to be walking around with their faces covered up in order to protect those who chose not to take the vaccine.

Nate

I agree, once you are two weeks past your second shot your attitude is going to change. Nearly a year and a half of wearing a mask and people are going to be fed up.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 18, 2020 00:18

bleedingman

[www.msn.com]

Dr. Anthony Fauci: Masks And Social Distancing Will Still Be Necessary Even After Vaccine

[deadline.com]

The first article is behind a paywall and the second article states masks and distancing will still be required after vaccination in order to protect oneself.

Feel free to walk round with your face covered up and limiting your interaction with family,friends and other contacts long after the vaccination programme has been achieved and for the rest of your days if you so desire.

I believe in science and I believe in the most part for the measures that are being taken in order to slow the spread of the virus but after the vaccination programme has been achieved then forget it I’m not going to be living like this indefinitely.

Nate

Date: December 18, 2020 01:10

Nate
bleedingman

[www.msn.com]

[deadline.com]

The first article is behind a paywall and the second article states masks and distancing will still be required after vaccination in order to protect oneself.

Feel free to walk round with your face covered up and limiting your interaction with family,friends and other contacts long after the vaccination programme has been achieved and for the rest of your days if you so desire.

I believe in science and I believe in the most part for the measures that are being taken in order to slow the spread of the virus but after the vaccination programme has been achieved then forget it I’m not going to be living like this indefinitely.

Nate

Neither article seems to be behind a paywall on my end but that's the internets for you. I only wear a mask when it's required in whatever store I'm in but otherwise I am maskless the rest of time, much to the chagrin of the zombies here in Brooklyn who were even wearing masks in the snowstorm this morning. Nobody "knows" the science. They are still learning. History will not be kind to how this was handled, especially by China.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 18, 2020 01:31

>Nobody "knows" the science. They are still learning. History will not be kind to how this was handled, especially by China.

Denial: not just a river in Egypt.

History will not be kind to CHINA?

Surely you jest. Need a refill on your kool aid?

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 18, 2020 01:47

MKjan
I was driving home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield
Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station
And the preacher said, "You know you always have the
Lord by your side"......

Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send
Ten dollars to the church of the sacred bleeding heart of Jesus
Located somewhere in Los Angeles, California

yep, millions of American believe this stuff, at a great health cost to the country.

I had a consulting project in Bakersfield in the mid 90's and used to say the best part of Bakersfield was 99 North. Meant I was leaving. They tried to hire me and I said the only problem was having to live in Bakersfield. We used to call them the holy rollers.

Date: December 18, 2020 01:49

bleedingman

[www.yahoo.com]

Yep, better to catch Covid. Just like wearing a mask.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: December 18, 2020 01:54

Yoko Ono is doing Free Outdoor Shows in NYC to help ensure city residents stay inside.

Her 20 min set includes her big hits:

Scream Like A Capuchin Monkey
Who Needs A Haircut? (not me)
Bodyhair Is My Friend
Still Irrelevant
Dragon Lady Breaks Up The Band.

Encore: Razors & Hygiene are for Losers (pt.I & II)
spinning smiley sticking its tongue outgrinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-18 02:17 by KevinM.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 18, 2020 01:59

drwatts
Best post ever STG!!!

Glad you like it Richard, hope you’re staying safe and well through this mess.

Date: December 18, 2020 03:37

MisterDDDD
Irix
MileHigh

Thanks for some relevant first hand experience.
So much more informative than nonsense like reporters conspiring to misconstrue medical info or to be alarmists. or something something. Lawd eye rolling smiley

Not the same domain, but you mean something akin to this, perhaps?

[youtu.be]

Date: December 18, 2020 06:14

It's easy to make a slip between the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment and the Tuskegee Airmen.

Saying that you refuse to take something because someone else that just happens to be the most powerful person in the world would say it is ok is ridiculous and low-brow and irresponsible. And it's that much worse considering the person that said it might become the most powerful person in the world.

Date: December 18, 2020 06:20

bleedingman
Dr. Fauci is not a reporter. He's the most brilliant doctor in history who will save us.

That sure sounds sarcastic.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 18, 2020 06:28

Do they know if any of these vaccines stop transmission?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 18, 2020 14:20

Will vaccines stop the spread of COVID-19? How long will protection last? Success may delay answers (The Globe And Mail, Dec 16, 2020)

Jennifer Gommerman, an immunologist at the University of Toronto, said that neither trial was specifically designed to show if the vaccines can stop transmission of COVID-19, something that would have required weekly testing of all the tens of thousands of participants and might have slowed the logistics and recruitment efforts.

She noted that both vaccines are delivered as shots to muscle tissue below the skin, an approach that provides “systemic” immunity to the body overall, but not necessarily enough for “sterilizing” immunity in the upper airway, which would prevent coronavirus from gaining a brief foothold before it is beaten back.

“So you’re going to be protected, but whether you can transmit that [virus] to others is something we don’t know,” Dr. Gommerman said. She added that people who receive the vaccines in Canada should continue to use masks and practice other public health measures at least until more information is available or until a large majority of the population has been vaccinated.

Testing done on the Moderna trial participants before they received their second dose hint that the vaccine may have reduced the occurrence of asymptomatic cases of COVID-19. If this is so, that could translate into reduced transmission of the disease, although this still needs to be confirmed.

Bjornulf

Date: December 18, 2020 17:25

Vaccine costs per dose - Pfizer/BioNTech € 12, Moderna US-$ 18, CureVac € 10, Johnson & Johnson US-$ 8.50, Sanofi/GlaxoSmithKline € 7.56, AstraZeneca € 1.78 :

Accidentally posted by Belgian State Secretary - [www.vrt.be] .

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: December 18, 2020 18:06

SomeTorontoGirl
drwatts
Best post ever STG!!!

Glad you like it Richard, hope you’re staying safe and well through this mess.
Hope you are as well Annie. Can't wait to get behind my drum kit again! Bring on the vaccine...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2056
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home