Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...173174175176177178179180181182183...LastNext
Current Page: 178 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 15, 2020 03:06

Official death toll in US hits 300,000 today. This should never have happened.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 15, 2020 03:15

daspyknows

Just a thought for you and I am not trying to be confrontational. It's a tragedy that so many people have died. However, it's more like it was bound to happen. There has been an ongoing battle with viruses for millions of years and sometimes the viruses get the upper hand. Just like there is a continuous battle with microbes within your body and you also have benign microbes within your body.

Just like trees are in a continuous battle with the bugs that want to eat them. Some trees generate so much poison that they almost kill themselves to stay alive. And the bugs that have adapted to eat the poison leaves are themselves on a tightrope between life and death.

Nature is so beautiful and oh so nasty. Everybody is fighting to get the energy from the sun.

Date: December 15, 2020 05:36

MileHigh
daspyknows

Just a thought for you and I am not trying to be confrontational. It's a tragedy that so many people have died. However, it's more like it was bound to happen. There has been an ongoing battle with viruses for millions of years and sometimes the viruses get the upper hand. Just like there is a continuous battle with microbes within your body and you also have benign microbes within your body.

Just like trees are in a continuous battle with the bugs that want to eat them. Some trees generate so much poison that they almost kill themselves to stay alive. And the bugs that have adapted to eat the poison leaves are themselves on a tightrope between life and death.

Nature is so beautiful and oh so nasty. Everybody is fighting to get the energy from the sun.

Not being confrontational but if the US death toll was comparable to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea etc. etc. it would be sad but expectable. That is a big difference from 300,000 and increasing at 3,000 per day. Looking at some countries, like the US for example, humans are the reason for the severity of the spread and that is sad.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 15, 2020 06:50

georgie48
GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
My dad, who is 73 and lives 990 miles away from me, will not get the vaccine, he thinks masks are stupid and do nothing and that it's all media/government control. Oh and the other obvious idiocy that's going on, he drank his hero's Kook Aid and continues to spread misinformation/lies/fake news on the FaceBook.

All of that from someone that has had back surgery, a knee replaced and a quintuple bypass.

I haven't talked to him since late October. If he gets it he's on his own.

don't fault him for THAT at least...I mean, that's what Facebook is there for....to spread lies about yourself, about others, about the world

...it's built on nothing but lies...

that and getting laid, I suppose (which for many often involves a lot of misinformation and lies anyway, I assume....so, perfect platform).

HA HA! That's funny.

Speaking of FB for, maybe, getting laid (a FB hookup has never happened for me and I'm pretty sure it never will), some friends have suggested I do online dating. That's just... I'd rather drink 3 day old cold coffee. I'm not convinced that spending A LOT MORE TIME on my phone or my laptop window shopping through who knows what is what I want to do. I have Amazon for that, it's quick and at least it's useful.

haha!

I think Tinder is sort of like Amazon for Banging/Dating?

I have no idea....

but, don't forget to wear a condom!!!...and a mask!!...and stay 6 feet apart!!

boy...dating sure sounds fun these days. eye rolling smiley

Not that I condone it, but I can sure see why a young person would say "EFF IT"....

it's easy for Old Me to be on Lockdown w/ my wife, dogs, house, yard...

but, if I were 21 again?

I'd probably be on Tinder and FB and be Maskless Quarantine banging away....

probably end up w/ Covid and a social disease in the process....

Man...now that I think about it, I'm glad I'm old.

I'm four months today 50 years old (wow, that went by fast!), in great shape, live in my own house, blah blah blah. My wife died in September of 2017 from triple negative breast cancer and the depression I already had from knowing she was going to die got a lot worse, 11 months after I got that straightened out, then in late 2018 I got together with a girl I've known since 1976, and the day after my birthday this year she broke up with me, and, woo hoo, I had unknowingly been depressed again for most of the year and, gleefully, it got a lot worse and when I realized it I got help ASAP (unlike the last time). So that's been straightened out. Hurricane Zeta grazing us gave me a lift. I was really hoping we'd get smashed this year but the 5 of them just cruised right on by, some closer than others.

So, to put it mildly, COVID has not exactly been an issue for me. Until now.

I don't feel "out of the loop" but dammit this COVID crap sure has made it difficult to want to go out. Part of me is interested in attempting to do online dating but my gut feeling, which, you know, is usually always right, tells me not to.

Loneliness is a lot like not mowing your lawn - it costs zero to do.

I don't have any mindset that things will magically get better on 1-1-2021, in fact, ha ha, I think it's gonna get worse but it doesn't matter what I think, reality determines reality. I'm not moving to Idaho to live in a bunker wrapped in a flag where it's 20 below zero 13 months of the year because COVID might get worse.

Oh and I quit drinking alcohol in late September. Which, really, has been amazing. I have hope, it just seems to hide behind very large dark clouds a lot.

My goodness GLS! I didn't realize that life could suck to such an extend. Well, at least you put it into words in such a way, that you gave me a laugh. Please accept my apology! I thought my life was miserable because last year I missed out on the Rolling Stones twice. First Mick's surgery and then around the summer my wife's surgery. And then this year the bloody Covid-19 screwed up new attempts to see the boys. But honestly, I felt blessed again when they released LIAGT! My wife and I walk twice a day (meanly for her heart condition) and when we go under a road tunnel toward a small but nice park, I start singing LIAGT loud .. both ways. The echo sounds great and I feel happy. My wife is less pleased, though.
And you know, I'm only one year younger than your dad. You should tell him to listen to the Rolling Stones and start with the first 1964 album. If he goes through the hole catalogue in one month he may feel 21 again ... tell him it's a strong advice from me (a Dutch guy who has seen the world)winking smiley
And during listening he doesn't need a facemask. how about that?
smileys with beer

That was an extremely truncated description of the last five years. It's beyond much worse than anything I described but why would I share anything about, oh, I dunno, I guess one thing could've been about the months and months of suicidal thoughts. Seems like that would be a bit silly. It's tempting to put a Stonesy pun in here but I will refrain, it would be too much. There needs to be some level of decency around here about smarmy Stonesian comments regarding things in life. There was some fun in all of that, including seeing the Stones in New Orleans (for the second and last time it seems), a few Jazz Fests, McCartney, The Cult, U2, Drive-By Truckers, Jason Isbell and Colin Hay, some travelling and a few other hurricanes. As someone once sang, if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane - gotta find a way to laugh even when life sucks. The morning my wife died about 5 hours later there was a fantastic usual summer thunderstorm, only the lightning was everywhere around me and the family. It was 10 AM and I stood in the rain, probably hoping to get struck, and started to laugh at the lightning and then just screamed. It was an odd release. I remember that day vividly - it was the longest day of my life.

Life still went on but it was framed with a horrible anchor stuck in the mud of my wife dealing with cancer, dying, and the aftermath after she died. It gave me great insight as to why older couples die so soon of each other because of a broken heart. And that damn Dylan line, "When you think that you've lost everything, you find out you can always lose a little more" just kept on happening. At one point I was astounded that I could keep having the tears and snot face from crying because it seemed I had exhausted everything. Nope. It just kept on coming. It was exhausting and painful. I went from about 220 pounds to 175 pounds in about 2 months. People that saw me when I would venture out thought I was dying from a disease.

I guess I have a bit of an attitude about how people are treating each other with COVID and politics and the casualness of not giving a shit (I think there's an actual term for the casualness but I can't figure out what it is at the moment). My pissed offness is not what it was 20 years ago, it's personal, not frustrated, I think it's rooted in losing everything dear to me and it has made me hate the world at times.

When I was 8 years old I had my face buried in HOT ROCKS and listened to GET YER YA-YA'S OUT! over and over and over. My dad had those, MORE HOT ROCKS, LET IT BLEED and OUT OF OUR HEADS (US), The Beatles' red and blue comps, THE BEATLES and ABBEY ROAD, The Who's TOMMY, a Janis Joplin album, The Doors' MORRISON HOTEL and the soundtrack to Woodstock that he let me listen to. Apparently anything beyond 1969 regarding rock'n'roll wasn't allowed, I figured that all out a little later. I later found more Beatles, The Doors and various other things that were quite interesting. My first purchases of my own were TATTOO YOU, FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK and SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES.

He can't stand anything past LET IT BLEED apparently, he's such a bitchy grump about music, he thinks the Stones have been imitating themselves for eons yet he thinks Pink Floyd's PULSE is the greatest thing on the planet for some reason.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 15, 2020 10:39

New Strain ripping through England!

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 15, 2020 10:43

GasLightStreet
georgie48
GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
My dad, who is 73 and lives 990 miles away from me, will not get the vaccine, he thinks masks are stupid and do nothing and that it's all media/government control. Oh and the other obvious idiocy that's going on, he drank his hero's Kook Aid and continues to spread misinformation/lies/fake news on the FaceBook.

All of that from someone that has had back surgery, a knee replaced and a quintuple bypass.

I haven't talked to him since late October. If he gets it he's on his own.

don't fault him for THAT at least...I mean, that's what Facebook is there for....to spread lies about yourself, about others, about the world

...it's built on nothing but lies...

that and getting laid, I suppose (which for many often involves a lot of misinformation and lies anyway, I assume....so, perfect platform).

HA HA! That's funny.

Speaking of FB for, maybe, getting laid (a FB hookup has never happened for me and I'm pretty sure it never will), some friends have suggested I do online dating. That's just... I'd rather drink 3 day old cold coffee. I'm not convinced that spending A LOT MORE TIME on my phone or my laptop window shopping through who knows what is what I want to do. I have Amazon for that, it's quick and at least it's useful.

haha!

I think Tinder is sort of like Amazon for Banging/Dating?

I have no idea....

but, don't forget to wear a condom!!!...and a mask!!...and stay 6 feet apart!!

boy...dating sure sounds fun these days. eye rolling smiley

Not that I condone it, but I can sure see why a young person would say "EFF IT"....

it's easy for Old Me to be on Lockdown w/ my wife, dogs, house, yard...

but, if I were 21 again?

I'd probably be on Tinder and FB and be Maskless Quarantine banging away....

probably end up w/ Covid and a social disease in the process....

Man...now that I think about it, I'm glad I'm old.

I'm four months today 50 years old (wow, that went by fast!), in great shape, live in my own house, blah blah blah. My wife died in September of 2017 from triple negative breast cancer and the depression I already had from knowing she was going to die got a lot worse, 11 months after I got that straightened out, then in late 2018 I got together with a girl I've known since 1976, and the day after my birthday this year she broke up with me, and, woo hoo, I had unknowingly been depressed again for most of the year and, gleefully, it got a lot worse and when I realized it I got help ASAP (unlike the last time). So that's been straightened out. Hurricane Zeta grazing us gave me a lift. I was really hoping we'd get smashed this year but the 5 of them just cruised right on by, some closer than others.

So, to put it mildly, COVID has not exactly been an issue for me. Until now.

I don't feel "out of the loop" but dammit this COVID crap sure has made it difficult to want to go out. Part of me is interested in attempting to do online dating but my gut feeling, which, you know, is usually always right, tells me not to.

Loneliness is a lot like not mowing your lawn - it costs zero to do.

I don't have any mindset that things will magically get better on 1-1-2021, in fact, ha ha, I think it's gonna get worse but it doesn't matter what I think, reality determines reality. I'm not moving to Idaho to live in a bunker wrapped in a flag where it's 20 below zero 13 months of the year because COVID might get worse.

Oh and I quit drinking alcohol in late September. Which, really, has been amazing. I have hope, it just seems to hide behind very large dark clouds a lot.

My goodness GLS! I didn't realize that life could suck to such an extend. Well, at least you put it into words in such a way, that you gave me a laugh. Please accept my apology! I thought my life was miserable because last year I missed out on the Rolling Stones twice. First Mick's surgery and then around the summer my wife's surgery. And then this year the bloody Covid-19 screwed up new attempts to see the boys. But honestly, I felt blessed again when they released LIAGT! My wife and I walk twice a day (meanly for her heart condition) and when we go under a road tunnel toward a small but nice park, I start singing LIAGT loud .. both ways. The echo sounds great and I feel happy. My wife is less pleased, though.
And you know, I'm only one year younger than your dad. You should tell him to listen to the Rolling Stones and start with the first 1964 album. If he goes through the hole catalogue in one month he may feel 21 again ... tell him it's a strong advice from me (a Dutch guy who has seen the world)winking smiley
And during listening he doesn't need a facemask. how about that?
smileys with beer

That was an extremely truncated description of the last five years. It's beyond much worse than anything I described but why would I share anything about, oh, I dunno, I guess one thing could've been about the months and months of suicidal thoughts. Seems like that would be a bit silly. It's tempting to put a Stonesy pun in here but I will refrain, it would be too much. There needs to be some level of decency around here about smarmy Stonesian comments regarding things in life. There was some fun in all of that, including seeing the Stones in New Orleans (for the second and last time it seems), a few Jazz Fests, McCartney, The Cult, U2, Drive-By Truckers, Jason Isbell and Colin Hay, some travelling and a few other hurricanes. As someone once sang, if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane - gotta find a way to laugh even when life sucks. The morning my wife died about 5 hours later there was a fantastic usual summer thunderstorm, only the lightning was everywhere around me and the family. It was 10 AM and I stood in the rain, probably hoping to get struck, and started to laugh at the lightning and then just screamed. It was an odd release. I remember that day vividly - it was the longest day of my life.

Life still went on but it was framed with a horrible anchor stuck in the mud of my wife dealing with cancer, dying, and the aftermath after she died. It gave me great insight as to why older couples die so soon of each other because of a broken heart. And that damn Dylan line, "When you think that you've lost everything, you find out you can always lose a little more" just kept on happening. At one point I was astounded that I could keep having the tears and snot face from crying because it seemed I had exhausted everything. Nope. It just kept on coming. It was exhausting and painful. I went from about 220 pounds to 175 pounds in about 2 months. People that saw me when I would venture out thought I was dying from a disease.

I guess I have a bit of an attitude about how people are treating each other with COVID and politics and the casualness of not giving a shit (I think there's an actual term for the casualness but I can't figure out what it is at the moment). My pissed offness is not what it was 20 years ago, it's personal, not frustrated, I think it's rooted in losing everything dear to me and it has made me hate the world at times.

When I was 8 years old I had my face buried in HOT ROCKS and listened to GET YER YA-YA'S OUT! over and over and over. My dad had those, MORE HOT ROCKS, LET IT BLEED and OUT OF OUR HEADS (US), The Beatles' red and blue comps, THE BEATLES and ABBEY ROAD, The Who's TOMMY, a Janis Joplin album, The Doors' MORRISON HOTEL and the soundtrack to Woodstock that he let me listen to. Apparently anything beyond 1969 regarding rock'n'roll wasn't allowed, I figured that all out a little later. I later found more Beatles, The Doors and various other things that were quite interesting. My first purchases of my own were TATTOO YOU, FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK and SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES.

He can't stand anything past LET IT BLEED apparently, he's such a bitchy grump about music, he thinks the Stones have been imitating themselves for eons yet he thinks Pink Floyd's PULSE is the greatest thing on the planet for some reason.

Your dad grew up in a highly unique period. I don't say that because it happened to me too, but after that intense Rock and Roll period in the late 50s it seemed that somehow the (western) world woke up. There was still a lot of aftermath talking about WW 2 and maybe young people found something to run away from that .... music. In the 70s things went faster and maybe he couldn't cope with that, or maybe the outcome of the 1968 street fighting men (and women) and subsequently Altamont made him loose confidence in the future. I'm only guessing. I admit that when I saw the Stones in 1973 in Hamburg (before moving to Japan for a couple of years) I also thought: "my last Stones concert". Afterall the Beatles were already history for three years. Maybe I am on the lucky side of life, because ever since more and more richness (not about money) came into my life ... until my mom was ruined by a brain tumor. The pain of that will always remain, but a wife, three kids, three grandkids, interesting jobs, not to forget the Rolling Stones (!), and happy retirement, what more does one want? So my mindset is "f*ck covid", stay positive and time will teach the idiots in this world that they can mess up, but never win. Yesterday a staggering 8.5 million Dutch were watching the prima minister announcing a 5 weeks lockdown. "Thank you, idiots". And yes ... again a useless rush to the food stores ... "when will they ever learn".
Living in a ghost town? We (the non-idiots) can handle that.
smileys with beer

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: December 15, 2020 10:54

Chris Fountain

[www.thesun.co.uk]

A touch sensationalist headline there. Whilst a new strain has been identified in southern England that MAY spread more quickly this is still in the hands of scientists to understand- ripping through England, mutant covid, etc aren’t helpful headlines. Meanwhile London in to tier three tonight (sensibly, in my opinion) = no bars, restaurants, mixing.

A glance at the figures in England show regions that have been in tier three show less cases and (the important bit) declining hospital admissions. Meanwhile tier 2 places (London, south east, east of England) are showing big increases in cases and hospital admissions

Doesn’t take a genius to follow that link - basically the tighter the restrictions the less hospital admissions. I live in a tier 3 area where cases have more than halved in the last two weeks. I DON’T want any restrictions loosening any time soon - technically England still in grip of wave two

Date: December 15, 2020 11:07

yorkshirestone
Chris Fountain

[www.thesun.co.uk]

A touch sensationalist headline there. Whilst a new strain has been identified in southern England that MAY spread more quickly this is still in the hands of scientists to understand- ripping through England, mutant covid, etc aren’t helpful headlines. Meanwhile London in to tier three tonight (sensibly, in my opinion) = no bars, restaurants, mixing.

A glance at the figures in England show regions that have been in tier three show less cases and (the important bit) declining hospital admissions. Meanwhile tier 2 places (London, south east, east of England) are showing big increases in cases and hospital admissions

Doesn’t take a genius to follow that link - basically the tighter the restrictions the less hospital admissions. I live in a tier 3 area where cases have more than halved in the last two weeks. I DON’T want any restrictions loosening any time soon - technically England still in grip of wave two

I'm not being sarcastic as I do not know- Is the "Sun" a reliable news source? Not political for example, but is it similar to the National Enquirer?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: December 15, 2020 11:18

Chris Fountain
yorkshirestone
Chris Fountain

[www.thesun.co.uk]

I'm not being sarcastic as I do not know- Is the "Sun" a reliable news source? Not political for example, but is it similar to the National Enquirer?

murdoch owned tabloid written for a reading age of 8 :-)
Although there are plenty of other newspapers with mutant headlines today too! Slightly more balanced view here [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 15, 2020 13:17

Chris Fountain
yorkshirestone
Chris Fountain

[www.thesun.co.uk]

I wouldn't use the Sun as toilet paper if I ran out. A truly despicable publication, catering for the lowest common denominator, low reading age and manipulating the easily led. Sensationalist misleading headlines are their stock in trade and have been for decades. They've been taken to court loads of times.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 15, 2020 16:07

FDA finds Moderna vaccine safe and effective
Moderna's vaccine is safe and 95% effective, regulators say, clearing the way for US emergency authorisation.

If it is approved by the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) vaccine panel, it could become the second coronavirus vaccine to be allowed in the US.

It comes one day after Americans across the country began receiving jabs of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

Unlike the Pfizer vaccine, the Moderna shot does not require ultra cold storage during shipping.

Moderna's data was released by the FDA on Tuesday, ahead of the vaccine panel's meeting to discuss the drug on Friday.

The 54-page document said there were "no specific safety concerns" and that serious adverse reactions were rare.

If approved by the team of experts later this week, and by the FDA's vaccine chief, shipments could begin within 24 hours.

The Moderna vaccine requires temperatures of around -20C for shipping - similar to a regular freezer.

The Pfizer jab requires temperatures closer to -70C, making transport logistics much more difficult.
[www.bbc.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 15, 2020 17:21

2020 Hindsight ...

i'm really tired of this year... this pandemic crap, the political crap
can't wait for this to be over!
enough already

Looking forward to a better year, 2021
smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer

Date: December 15, 2020 17:49

^ +1. If we could just leave the stupids in a 2020 Groundhog Day the world could move forward.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 15, 2020 21:34

Does Moderna require a follow-up shot or not?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 15, 2020 21:55

angee

Does Moderna require a follow-up shot or not?

"Both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines require two doses." - [www.WashingtonPost.com] .

Date: December 15, 2020 23:39

I'm all in for 2020 continuance to Dec 32

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 16, 2020 01:32

Chris Fountain
I'm all in for 2020 continuance to Dec 32

So 12 more years confused smiley. ? I can easily see this continuing for another whole year though, with restrictions slowly lifting as vaccines are rolled out and assuming enough people are willing to take them.

I can’t see large scale live music and full houses in sports stadia returning before 2022.

Date: December 16, 2020 11:10

I think the merderna vaccine may better choice over pfizer; -4F versus -90F may reduce "freezer burn impact"

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 16, 2020 13:32

I am ready to roll up my sleeve and take the vaccine and i wish i could take it now instead of waiting 6 months , but this is a process .

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 16, 2020 18:13

TheGreek
I am ready to roll up my sleeve and take the vaccine and i wish i could take it now instead of waiting 6 months , but this is a process .

Me too as I'm still getting over it, never want it again. Going into my 3rd week, a visit to the emergency room because my O2 dropped into the 70's and 80's, coming home with 2 machines to help my breathing...hoping I'm immune now at least until I get vaccinated.

Date: December 16, 2020 18:19

kovach
TheGreek

Me too as I'm still getting over it, never want it again. Going into my 3rd week, a visit to the emergency room because my O2 dropped into the 70's and 80's, coming home with 2 machines to help my breathing...hoping I'm immune now at least until I get vaccinated.

Same here. I am now 9 to 10 months in so becoming more concerned about immunity. I want to get it in the March/April time frame. I was lucky as I seem to have avoided most of the longer term affects. Hope you continue to recover.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 16, 2020 18:36

I would not worry much about the need for cold temperature with the Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine. Dry Ice availability, modern logistics, and the fact that it will go to a lot of urban areas, also the fact that it may survive five days in a normal fridge, makes it pretty robuste.

These are three great articles telling about the success stories of the three most promising covid-19 vaccines at present, also with a graph of production volumes.

Moderna Vaccine Production Is Gearing Up, Partner Lonza Says (Bloomberg November 19, 2020)

Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine: Bogus reports, accidental finds - the story of the jab (BBC December 15, 2020)

Pfizer CEO says company on track to manufacture 1.3 billion Covid-19 vaccine doses globally next year (CNN December 14, 2020)

Bjornulf

Date: December 16, 2020 19:55

kovach
TheGreek

Oh my goodness ! I hope and pray that you stay safe until you get your vaccine and hope you do good ! My Parish Priest had it in mid March and he said it was so bad as he was on Life Support and the horror that he suffered was beyond my comprehension . Please Stay Safe !

Date: December 16, 2020 19:56

daspyknows
kovach
TheGreek

Same here. I am now 9 to 10 months in so becoming more concerned about immunity. I want to get it in the March/April time frame. I was lucky as I seem to have avoided most of the longer term affects. Hope you continue to recover.
Light at the end of this most dark tunnel in our lives . Please Stay Safe !

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 16, 2020 19:57

Here in the U.K. today there are reports of a reluctance by a significant percentage of ethnic minorities to have the vaccine.

Religion once again demonstrating it’s ultimate wickedness and ultimate stupidity.

Nate

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-16 20:16 by Nate.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 16, 2020 19:59

TheGreek
daspyknows
kovach
TheGreek

Light at the end of this most dark tunnel in our lives . Please Stay Safe !

I'm so overjoyed about the vaccine's availability. The beginning of the end of this strangest of times. Be safe until we're hopefully all on board with receiving the vaccine.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 16, 2020 20:12

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-16 20:12 by Nate.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 16, 2020 22:21

This darned pandemic has thrown up some challenging times for the societies that we all live in.

I think that most places have had to deal with panic buying in supermarkets - the headline item is usually toilet paper.

Here in Australia (where there are a vanishingly small number of local cases - nationally single digits in weeks, in Victoria the State in which Rockman & I live, zero for 49 days) we are having to cope with another shortage. A surreal shortage that is undermining the very fabric of society.

Due to demand, the supermarkets are having to ration the number of Lobsters that can be bought (a traditional Christmas fare).

A bewildering juxtaposition and (IMHO) rather funny.

Explanation. We're having a 'trade dispute' with China. A vast amount of lobsters are normally exported to China. That is being blocked, so the diverted supply is hitting the shops here at crazy low prices. Hence the demand.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 16, 2020 22:33

Edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-16 22:34 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 16, 2020 22:38

Yes, you still need to wear a mask after you get the COVID-19 vaccine. Here’s why.

Why we have to continue to wear masks

The main challenge? Studies of the COVID-19 vaccines only measured whether vaccinated people developed symptoms, not whether they got infected. We know that you can become infected with the coronavirus and be asymptomatic, meaning you never develop symptoms. Asymptomatic people can still spread COVID-19 to others. So we don’t know whether a vaccine prevents asymptomatic infections and if there’s still the possibility that a vaccinated person could transmit the virus without knowing it.

[www.inquirer.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...173174175176177178179180181182183...LastNext
Current Page: 178 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2156
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home