Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...157158159160161162163164165166167...LastNext
Current Page: 162 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: November 13, 2020 03:20

BV and all - how often do you get tested? Of course getting tested is a factor to all this too.

I do so once per month for sanity, as we have my 91-yr old dad at his house and my 88-yr old mother in a care facility. Thankfully here in ventura county california we can walk up and get tested for free. I know in other states it isn’t as easy to get tested; don’t know about other countries

I ended my gym membership in March after 20 years

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-13 03:29 by tommyturbo76.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 13, 2020 10:02

I'll say one thing this thing is now starving people in the 3rd World, after what I saw in Bangladesh this is horrific, factories staffed by very poor people shut, no ability to pay rent, buy food, heading home to their villages to try and grow food

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 13, 2020 10:13

stone4ever
If masks work, why the lockdowns, if they don't work why are we forced to wear them.
Another thing, why don't we get flu in the flu season, only covid, can't believe people still haven't worked this one out yet.
Another really strange thing at the Hotel i work in, nearly 200 bedrooms almost fully booked all summer with guests from all over Britain including Liverpool, London and Manchester and not a single member of staff became sick from covid all summer and up to last Thursday, very strange that, cleaners, waitresses etc, many of them old too, go figure, guess we all got lucky to avoid this highly contagious covid, good job the Hotel is locked down, who knows what may have happened had it stayed open. Thank God we probably won't have jobs to go back to when the Hotel goes broke and Fuloued runs out next April.

It wouldn't surprise me if this winter the number of influenza flu cases will be considerably lower than in other years. Why? Well, when the competition is stronger, the weaker loses. Covid-19 could very well be dominant and doesn't give the influenza virus much chance. But .... I could be wrong ...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 13, 2020 19:16

bye bye johnny
How Ticketmaster Plans to Check Your Vaccine Status for Concerts: Exclusive

By Dave Brooks

[www.billboard.com]

Via BBC:

No, Ticketmaster won't force you to have a Covid vaccine

Ticketmaster has denied reports that fans will be required to prove they've had a vaccine or a negative Covid-19 test before attending concerts.

The story arose from a report in Billboard magazine, which said the company wanted to use smartphones to verify fans were free of the disease.
While Ticketmaster is exploring such an idea, it said there will be "absolutely no requirement" for mandated vaccines."We are not forcing anyone to do anything,"
it said in a statement. The Billboard's story said Ticketmaster's plan -which was conceived in the US - would involve their own ticket app,
third party health information firms and vaccine distribution providers.

More: Vaccine

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 13, 2020 19:28

Great so now you need one of them Babylon "smart" phones (aka electronic leash) to go to a concert. Leaves me out but then again not much I would want to attend anyhow, at least not anything that ticketbastad would be dealing in.

This was reported on the evening news last night so I assume there is some truth to it, despite what the bastad might be saying publicly.

jb

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 14, 2020 03:32

Dammit. Highest number ever for one day today in Louisiana. And even if that's not accurate... pisses me off so bad.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 14, 2020 12:10

MileHigh

There is a big announcement at the White House about vaccinations starting in December.

MileHigh

Meanwhile, it's incredible how messed up the news is. This should be on the front page of the major news websites but it's not.

From [www.Reuters.com] - (10-Nov-2020):

"If Pfizer submits the positive initial data from its COVID-19 vaccine trial to health regulators as quickly as expected, the U.S. government plans to begin vaccinating Americans in December, Health Secretary Alex Azar said on Tuesday" [10-Nov-2020].

"Top U.S. infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci also said in an interview with MSNBC that he expects the doses of the vaccine to be available for certain high priority groups in December."

"Based on recommendations to the government, it will likely start with inoculations of the elderly in nursing homes and assisted living facilities, healthcare workers and first responders, with a goal to complete those shots by the end of January."

"By the end of March, early April [2021], we expect to have enough for every American who would like to be vaccinated, Alex Azar told CBNC."

See also: "Health secretary Alex Azar said Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine will be available to 'all Americans' by April" - [www.BusinessInsider.com] - (10-Nov-2020).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-14 12:30 by Irix.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: November 14, 2020 13:16

georgie48
stone4ever
If masks work, why the lockdowns, if they don't work why are we forced to wear them.
Another thing, why don't we get flu in the flu season, only covid, can't believe people still haven't worked this one out yet.
Another really strange thing at the Hotel i work in, nearly 200 bedrooms almost fully booked all summer with guests from all over Britain including Liverpool, London and Manchester and not a single member of staff became sick from covid all summer and up to last Thursday, very strange that, cleaners, waitresses etc, many of them old too, go figure, guess we all got lucky to avoid this highly contagious covid, good job the Hotel is locked down, who knows what may have happened had it stayed open. Thank God we probably won't have jobs to go back to when the Hotel goes broke and Fuloued runs out next April.

It wouldn't surprise me if this winter the number of influenza flu cases will be considerably lower than in other years. Why? Well, when the competition is stronger, the weaker loses. Covid-19 could very well be dominant and doesn't give the influenza virus much chance. But .... I could be wrong ...

To put things in perspective the UK government had to admit a while ago that only 6 % of recorded covid 19 deaths were a direct result from covid 19 . So 94 % of recorded covid 19 deaths were not actually caused by covid 19, these deaths were at best related to covid because of questionable test results alone, it was unbelievable how information like that just disappeared in the translation when fear and panic are the driven motives and criteria from the media when combined intentional misleading cherry picked science.
The UK is in lockdown at the moment because Boris cherry picked science that projected 4000 deaths a day from covid, the government have since backed down and admitted these projections are false, but the lockdown continues regardless.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 14, 2020 16:12

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
MileHigh
jbwelda
Yeah and we know how reliable that source has been for the past four years.

jb

There are no politics associated with this virus. Either colour would do almost exactly the same thing and take almost exactly the same steps to fight it.

Meanwhile, it's incredible how messed up the news is. This should be on the front page of the major news websites but it's not. Just like the 'mostly peaceful' protests that destroyed giant swaths of businesses in downtown city cores and ruined countless numbers of lives. The state of journalism in America is a disgrace.

Trump said April, and he added specifically that New York would get it later.

I specifically remember Trump repeatedly saying he expects a vaccine will be available hopefully at the end of this year if not January next year and that the military will get It out to you quickly. It was hilarious that the media etc announced they had a vaccine 4 days after the election, does anyone with an IQ over 50 still take biased msm seriously anymore regarding anything related to Trump.

The military didn't know that when it was announced. Its not the media's fault. There will be LIMITED vaccines available until next year and there is no real plan to distribute it. The Pfizer vaccine requires special refrigeration that doesn't really exist yet, especially in rural parts of America. There will be vaccines, there will not be significant vaccines until well into 2021. Anyone who just listens to the right wing echo chamber is a Darwin Award candidate with an IQ far less than 50.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-14 17:43 by daspyknows.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 14, 2020 17:15

bv, this has gotten way too political. COVID is real, is spreading, and people here are still playing political games. The “COVID-19 status around the world” theme is now lost.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 14, 2020 17:42

I would advice people to actually read the vaccine info and background facts. The vaccine will NOT be available to most people until some time next year.

The official Pfizer press release five days ago:

PFIZER AND BIONTECH ANNOUNCE VACCINE CANDIDATE AGAINST COVID-19 ACHIEVED SUCCESS IN FIRST INTERIM ANALYSIS FROM PHASE 3 STUDY (Monday, November 09, 2020)

- So far 94 confirmed cases
- They need 164 confirmed cases in order to collect further data
- Pfizer expect to produce globally up to 50 million vaccine doses in 2020
- Every person will need two dozes

BBC update two days ago:

Coronavirus: EU buys 300m doses of BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine

European Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides described the EU vaccine deal as "extremely important" .

But Ms Kyriakides refused to detail a specific timeline for when the vaccine would be delivered to member states. "It has to receive authorisation from the European Medicines Agency," she said. "A number of steps need to be followed before we will actually be able to have a timeline."

She also urged caution, saying: "[The vaccine] will not be a silver bullet that will make the virus disappear overnight".

Also on Wednesday, the head of the EU's health agency said the first vaccinations in the 27-member bloc could take place early next year.

"I think optimistically [the] first quarter next year, but I can't be more precise," Andrea Ammon, the director of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, told the AFP news agency.

She added that current infection trends in Europe were "very, very concerning" and all indicators were "going in the wrong direction right now".

Bjornulf

Date: November 14, 2020 17:54

If you quote a post here then the chance of having your post deleted is high, in case what you quote is political. Simply write your own opinion. Do not quote. I will delete any posts being political and propaganda. What is propaganda? Anything not based on facts, medical sources or general documentation with a real link.

I know there is a political propaganda war going on some places in the world, but I will not allow it here. Feel free to post about how the situation is where you live, but please do not pass on undocumented propaganda.

A political quote is something said by a politician, not by the health authorities.

Bjornulf

Date: November 14, 2020 18:20

I have not done any covid-19 test so far, in 8 months, simply because I have not had any symptoms. At my age, over 60 years old, you will always have some sort of symptoms. Also, I have been extremely careful since March this year, keeping a distance to all people, washing my hands, even at family parties, keeping separate groups with a distance. I do not hang out in bars, I take the virus seriously.

In my home county Asker, just 20 minutes drive outside Oslo, we have one central covid-19 test station. It is two large tents with four drive-through stations. Normally three of the four stations are busy, as they close down they have just one or two lanes in operation. I bike pass it 2-3 times every week, on my way to my hiking in the hills nearby. Yesterday, it looked like the picture below, taken at 2pm, shortly before it got dark. From the morning there are 50+ cars in the queue, then the cars pile up all day. They test 300-500 people every day, out of our county population of 100,000. Every county in Norway should be able to test a minimum of 5% of the population every week, then trace and call every single covid-19 positive person, for a further follow-up of all their contacts, in order to issue quarantine details.

Two months ago they tested may be 200 per day, and they rarely found a positive case. There were may be 0.5% covid-19 positive tests. Now there are 5-8 positive cases every day, so the number of positive cases where I live have grown by a factor 10.

Starting this week we got a mask mandate, and everyone is now wearing a mask at the shopping center, and any other indoor place. The children and the people in schools does not have to use a mask, but they are monitored, if one teacher or class member is positive for covid-19, the entire class will be in quarantine. One of my granddaughters is just finishing a 10 days quarantine, following one person in her gym class was tested positive, due to corona in her family. Test and trace is essential for still the next months to come, in order to avoid lock down, which is happening more and more now in Europe.

Bjornulf

Date: November 14, 2020 19:23

In the Netherlands mobile teststreets are available now and some already in use. The idea is to move those "streets" ( former buses, etc.) to locations with increased number of positive cases as to get an as good as possible picture on those local spots.
Since the Netherlands is only 300 km long (N-S) and 180 km wide (E-W) the streets can be at any locations well within 4 hours. They are meant to give extra support to stationary test streets.
For people who are interested in following the day to day situation in our country the reports are not really all that good. The number of positive cases are reported daily together with the number of newly hospitalized people as well as the number of deaths. One aspect I don't like is that the number of daily positive cases are not linked to the total number of daily tests, so the absolute numbers are not objective for the neutral reader.
Three-four days of optimism are followed by "cases" are going up again and so on.
A real shame.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 14, 2020 23:49

I'm amazed how entire area displays cleanliness. It's sad where I live in country where people throw debris out the window. No respect for habitiat - No respect for mankind!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 15, 2020 00:28

Sounds like the vaccine could have some very unpleasant side effects, at least according to this article:

Scientists anticipate that the shots will cause enervating flu-like side effects — including sore arms, muscle aches and fever — that could last days and temporarily sideline some people from work or school. And even if a vaccine proves 90 percent effective, the rate Pfizer touted for its product, 1 in 10 recipients would still be vulnerable. That means, at least in the short term, as population-level immunity grows, people can't stop social distancing and throw away their masks.

[news.yahoo.com]

Date: November 15, 2020 00:54

What is asking too much? Wear a mask, keep distance - You can still say Hello- Be Polite to all -

But being sloppy and inconsiderate to others by not following the most simplest of inoffensive guidelines is reprehensible.

I can't go out that way!!!!

Date: November 15, 2020 00:56

bleedingman
Sounds like the vaccine could have some very unpleasant side effects, at least according to this article:

Scientists anticipate that the shots will cause enervating flu-like side effects — including sore arms, muscle aches and fever — that could last days and temporarily sideline some people from work or school. And even if a vaccine proves 90 percent effective, the rate Pfizer touted for its product, 1 in 10 recipients would still be vulnerable. That means, at least in the short term, as population-level immunity grows, people can't stop social distancing and throw away their masks.

[news.yahoo.com]

These are pretty normal side effects.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 15, 2020 02:39

DandelionPowderman
bleedingman

[news.yahoo.com]

It must be .......These are pretty normal known side effects.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: November 15, 2020 03:00

There are some news stories the Oxford university vaccine might also be ready by the end of the year.

Date: November 15, 2020 04:50

NICOS
DandelionPowderman
bleedingman

[news.yahoo.com]

I've had vaccines from childhood and never had to take "days" off from school or work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-15 04:51 by bleedingman.

Date: November 15, 2020 12:12

bleedingman
NICOS
DandelionPowderman
bleedingman

[news.yahoo.com]

I've had vaccines from childhood and never had to take "days" off from school or work.

You, just like many of us, are blessed with a healthy body, maybe 30% aren't.
Some get sick by just eating an apple or an oister or exotic food. My neighbour gets pretty sick after getting a regular flu vaccin. No one is the same. But this upcoming Covid-19 vaccin (once approved properly) will possibly benefit 70-80% of people (for at least 3 months ...), 90% would be miraculeus!
Best thing ... wear a facemask, wash your hands frequently and don't act STUPID!
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-15 12:16 by georgie48.

Date: November 15, 2020 14:04

NICOS
DandelionPowderman
bleedingman

[news.yahoo.com]

Normal, as in side effects of other known vaccines.

After I did chemo cures and had a stem cell transplant, I had to take all vaccines again recently. So I can confirm that the side effects presented above go for some of the other vaccines as well smiling smiley

Date: November 15, 2020 19:33

I wear the standard surgeon's mask. White on inside and light blue outer protection. Sometimes the strap breaks. It maybe due to the size of my ears. Well, I keep my hair short so my ears maybe proportioned correctly - not sure. smiling smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 15, 2020 21:44

Washington state just got basically shut down again.

[www.king5.com]

Date: November 15, 2020 22:19

DandelionPowderman
NICOS
DandelionPowderman
bleedingman

[news.yahoo.com]

Normal, as in side effects of other known vaccines.

After I did chemo cures and had a stem cell transplant, I had to take all vaccines again recently. So I can confirm that the side effects presented above go for some of the other vaccines as well smiling smiley
Damn, sorry to hear you went through all of that. Glad you made it, brother. Stay well!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 15, 2020 23:52

The vaccine IS coming, and there will be multiple versions from multiple suppliers. Yes, it's a tough time in the Northern Hemisphere as temperatures drop and the daily new cases increase. But the light at the end of the tunnel is finally here.

I am somewhat bewildered because some of you almost sound like you don't want there to be a vaccine or you are against a vaccine.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 16, 2020 02:30

MileHigh

I am somewhat bewildered because some of you almost sound like you don't want there to be a vaccine or you are against a vaccine.

Optimism in all honors - but it's more of that:

"Pfizer's announcement on Monday that initial results show its vaccine is 90% effective, though much remains unknown about its safety, durability, and the severity of illness it prevents." - [www.BusinessInsider.com] .

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 16, 2020 02:50

The vaccine IS coming but how is that going to solve the problem in the next 60 days? Springtime will be better but this will be the winter from hell and a few hundred thousand more will die.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 16, 2020 03:15

Irix
MileHigh

Optimism in all honors - but it's more of that:

"Pfizer's announcement on Monday that initial results show its vaccine is 90% effective, though much remains unknown about its safety, durability, and the severity of illness it prevents." - [www.BusinessInsider.com] .

Look at the fine print when you buy a bottle of Tylenol. It lists all of the horror stories that can happen to you when you take it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...157158159160161162163164165166167...LastNext
Current Page: 162 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home