Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...131132133134135136137138139140141...LastNext
Current Page: 136 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 6, 2020 20:34

bv
jumpontopofmebaby
Its it true rednecks don't get viruses they just get rashes?

I don't think the virus is checking on your way of life, manners, education, preferences, political status or anything like that. The virus is just happy with any body where it is great to stay. Just like a dog. It would jump any other dog during "breeding season"...

I need to save that one.

The unfair part of this virus is those who have to go out and work as essential (sacrificial) and are being infected by people who just don't care. I was at a local grocery store [www.berkeleybowl.com] which is a grocery store that is closer to an indoor farmers market. There is a line 3 to 4 blocks long to get in and once inside it is full of instacart shoppers because people who can afford it don't want to go to store but will let other people take the risk.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: May 6, 2020 20:36

I have never heard a worse description of Americans on an international posting board in my life. Sounds like you are ashamed of being an American to me---redneck problem indeed. Any other demeaning categorized name's you'd like to post for people you deem beneath you while your at it? Would you like to include race or religious categories as well? WHOLE LEI COW ---

The Rolling Stones must just laugh at all of us Americans every time they come to North America we are so full of --- well you said it better than anyone.

tumbled
I think a large part of the redneck problem in this country (US) is that people are not informed. The local newspapers have all gone out of business and they watch fox news for their information and are generally unable to form decisions for themselves, using sound bites for their decision making. Its very sad.

Date: May 6, 2020 21:00

[www.foxnews.com]

Now its getting seroius!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 6, 2020 21:08

jumpontopofmebaby
I listen to Ted Nugent

I live in the woods

I see deer and turkey daily

I have fishing ponds and a creek

I have a john deer gator and a dog

I plant a garden every year.

I pee off my back deck.

I drink bush light

I love the Rolling Stones

Am I a red neck?

Sounds like you have a peaceful life out in the woods.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 6, 2020 21:18

The NE Coast and entire West Coast pretty much think everything in between is redneck country, and it somewhat shows on the map of which districts voted for who (with a few exceptions):

Not surprisingly it seems to come down to money, not so much as towards your wealth but who you trust to manage it more wisely, the government or the individual.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 6, 2020 21:18

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
I listen to Ted Nugent

I live in the woods

I pee off my back deck.

I drink bush light

Am I a red neck?

Reminds me of the lyrics to one of those new country songs....smiling smiley

Well you hurt my feelings....why could you not have said an old country song!

It was the Ted Nugent reference, and my comment wasn't intended as an insult as a few of those new country artists are clever and funny (which your post reminded me of), and the music is good.
Yes most of it's crap compared to the classic old school, but occasionally there'll be a nice needle in the haystack to enjoy...yee-haw. winking smiley

Date: May 6, 2020 21:19

swimtothemoon
jumpontopofmebaby
I listen to Ted Nugent

I live in the woods

I pee off my back deck.

I drink bush light

Am I a red neck?

Thanks..yes I do. Southwest Missouri is home. I lived in Dallas TX for 15 years

Moved back to Missouri to raise my kids.

Not many weekends go by from Mid April thru October that I don't have a lawn chair in the middle of my creek for a few hours. My time.

Date: May 6, 2020 21:23

jumpontopofmebaby
swimtothemoon
jumpontopofmebaby
I listen to Ted Nugent

I live in the woods

I pee off my back deck.

I drink bush light

Am I a red neck?

Thanks..yes I do. Southwest Missouri is home. I lived in Dallas TX for 15 years

Moved back to Missouri to raise my kids.

Not many weekends go by from Mid April thru October that I don't have a lawn chair in the middle of my creek for a few hours. My time.

Glad I lived in Texas though. There were 2 DJ's there that flat loved the Stones and those guys are a big reason I am such a big fan today.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 6, 2020 21:31

No America is a diversed country that I'm very proud of. We always pull together to pull enough money to see a Stones's concert!! smileys with beer

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 6, 2020 22:12

Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
I listen to Ted Nugent

I live in the woods

I pee off my back deck.

I drink bush light

Am I a red neck?

I thought of "Country Boy Can Survive" - Hank jr.

Great tune. GREAT!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 6, 2020 22:17

stickyfingers101
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
I listen to Ted Nugent

I live in the woods

I pee off my back deck.

I drink bush light

Am I a red neck?

Great tune. GREAT!

[www.youtube.com]

I like this one!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 6, 2020 22:23

stickyfingers101
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
I listen to Ted Nugent

I live in the woods

I pee off my back deck.

I drink bush light

Am I a red neck?

Great tune. GREAT!

[www.youtube.com]

Yes great tune.

Date: May 6, 2020 22:23

jumpontopofmebaby
stickyfingers101
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
I listen to Ted Nugent

I live in the woods

I pee off my back deck.

I drink bush light

Am I a red neck?

Great tune. GREAT!

[www.youtube.com]

I like this one!

[www.youtube.com]

Another couple of good ones:

Redneck, White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer

Red, White, and Blue

Date: May 6, 2020 22:25

kovach
jumpontopofmebaby
stickyfingers101
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby
I listen to Ted Nugent

I live in the woods

I pee off my back deck.

I drink bush light

Am I a red neck?

Great tune. GREAT!

[www.youtube.com]

I like this one!

[www.youtube.com]

Another couple of good ones:

Redneck, White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer

Red, White, and Blue

Is that Ronnie on the Pedal Steel?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 6, 2020 22:32

Careful, you're sort of kidnapping the thread. Let's get back to the subject of the thread. Which wasn't rednecks...

Date: May 6, 2020 22:33

Stoneage
Careful, you're sort of kidnapping the thread. Let's get back to the subject of the thread. Which wasn't rednecks...

Unless...we can prove that a redneck is a symptom.

Date: May 6, 2020 22:39

Stoneage

Agreed, but this should be another OT thread, it's just too much fun. smileys with beer

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: May 6, 2020 22:49

stickyfingers101
Hairball
jumpontopofmebaby

Am I a red neck?

Great tune. GREAT!

[www.youtube.com]

The political talk in this thread reminds me of this song ...

[www.youtube.com]

Johnny Cash -- The One on the Right Is on the Left

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 6, 2020 22:57

jumpontopofmebaby
Stoneage

Unless...we can prove that a redneck is a symptom.

or a threat to people who actually like think

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 6, 2020 23:09

I would love to be called a redneck or a hillbilly or a nerd or whatever, just to take the load and the stigma off the name calling. I think it is stupid to put labels on people, especially if it is done in in a negative way.

Anyway, who are we to talk about hillbillies? Many of us are in the 60's or even 70's, and we go to more than one show with a band in their 70's. Nerd? Sure I am. I don't really care. I just love the Stones.

Bjornulf

Date: May 6, 2020 23:18

bv
I would love to be called a redneck or a hillbilly or a nerd or whatever, just to take the load and the stigma off the name calling. I think it is stupid to put labels on people, especially if it is done in in a negative way.

Anyway, who are we to talk about hillbillies? Many of us are in the 60's or even 70's, and we go to more than one show with a band in their 70's. Nerd? Sure I am. I don't really care. I just love the Stones.

We are all different in our own way. But we all love the Stones. That's what brought us here.

If we were at a Stones concert together and not on this board we would not care who voted for who or where someone lived.

We would just be all smiles sharing a great time together!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-06 23:19 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: May 6, 2020 23:27

bv

I regularly refer to myself as a computer dork because I've worked in IT 32+ years. Not exactly flattering, but the shoe fits...

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: May 6, 2020 23:27

I'm not a redneck, born and raised in Boston,and live outside of Washington, DC. We are still locked down, and people are still dying. The virus got into a couple of nursing homes, and basically killed most of the residents. About 1/2 of the casualties in Maryland are from facilities that take care of the old folks. I've been listening to all my collection of CD's while in lock down. Just finished with Keb Mo's albums, moving on to RL Burnside. Burnside plays old fashioned Delta Blues. What are you guys listening to while staying home?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 6, 2020 23:41

chris girard
I'm not a redneck, born and raised in Boston,and live outside of Washington, DC. We are still locked down, and people are still dying. The virus got into a couple of nursing homes, and basically killed most of the residents. About 1/2 of the casualties in Maryland are from facilities that take care of the old folks. I've been listening to all my collection of CD's while in lock down. Just finished with Keb Mo's albums, moving on to RL Burnside. Burnside plays old fashioned Delta Blues. What are you guys listening to while staying home?

Bad Seed Teevee, Nick Cave's new youtube channel

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 7, 2020 00:02

Via Associated Press:

Trump: COVID-19 task force not dismantling, just refocusing

The Associated Press
ZEKE MILLER, JILL COLVIN and DARLENE SUPERVILLE
May 6th 2020 11:15AM

WASHINGTON (AP) — One day after saying that the COVID-19 task force would be winding down, President Donald Trump said Wednesday that it would continue indefinitely, but focus more on rebooting the economy.

Trump tweeted that the panel's focus would be on "SAFETY & OPENING UP OUR COUNTRY AGAIN."

Trump's reversal comes as deaths and infections rates outside of New York, the epicenter of the coronavirus, are rising even as states move to lift their lockdowns.

A White House official acknowledged Wednesday morning that signaling that the task force was preparing to shut down sent the wrong message and created a media maelstrom. The official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal thinking, said the membership in the task force group would change as the nature of the crisis evolves.

On Tuesday, Trump had praised the task force for doing a great job, but said "we’re now looking at a little bit of a different form, and that form is safety and opening. And we’ll -- we’ll have a different group probably set up for that.”

His tweet on Wednesday said “the Task Force will continue on indefinitely.” He added that the White House "may add or subtract people to it, as appropriate. The Task Force will also be very focused on Vaccines & Therapeutics.”

Trump made himself Exhibit A for reopening the country with his Tuesday visit to an Arizona face mask factory, using the trip to demonstrate his determination to see an easing of stay-at-home orders even as the coronavirus remains a dire threat. Trump did not wear a mask despite guidelines saying they should be worn inside the factory at all times.

“The people of our country should think of themselves as warriors. We have to open,” Trump declared Tuesday as he left Washington on a trip that was more about the journey than the destination.

In Arizona, Trump acknowledged the human cost of returning to normalcy.

“I’m not saying anything is perfect, and yes, will some people be affected? Yes. Will some people be affected badly? Yes. But we have to get our country open and we have to get it open soon," he said.
AdChoices

Trump had said he would don a face mask if the factory was “a mask environment,” but in the end he wore only safety goggles during a tour of the Honeywell facility. Nearly all factory workers and members of the press as well as some White House staff and Secret Service agents wore masks. Senior White House staff and Honeywell executives did not.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended that all Americans wear cloth masks when they can’t socially distance, such as in supermarkets, especially in places with high transmission rates. In the area where Trump spoke, a large video monitor listed safety guidelines, one of which said, “Please wear your mask at all times.”

Vice President Mike Pence created a stir recently when photos showed him maskless in a visit to the Mayo Clinic surrounded by hospital officials and doctors all wearing masks. He said that he hadn't known it was a requirement and that he is tested for the virus frequently. He wore a mask at an event a few days later.

The president spent about three hours in Phoenix, touring the Honeywell factory and holding a roundtable on Native American issues. Aides said the trip would be worth the nearly eight hours of flight time as a symbolic show that the nation is taking steps back to normalcy. The trip was also expected to be a marker of Trump’s return to a regular travel schedule, as he hopes the nation, too, will begin to emerge from seven weeks of virus-imposed isolation.

Trump sees economic revival as a political imperative, as his allies have noted an erosion in support for the president in recent weeks. Republicans believe Trump’s path to a second term depends on the public’s perception of how quickly the economy rebounds from shutdowns meant to slow the spread of the virus.

The White House had begun discussions about winding down its coronavirus task force, which has already been meeting less frequently, Pence said Tuesday. Its members have become fixtures on television sets across the nation, with Americans hungry for information and marooned at home.

“I think we’re having conversations about that and about what the proper time is for the task force to complete its work and for the ongoing efforts to take place on an agency by agency level," Pence said at the White House. He said the group could wind down its work by early June.

Asked about his statements in February playing down the threat of the virus, Trump told ABC in an interview that medical experts also had underestimated the risk and added: “I want to be optimistic. I don’t want to be Mr. Doom and Gloom. It’s a very bad subject. I’m not looking to tell the American people when nobody really knows what is happening yet, ‘Oh this is going to be so tragic.’”

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 7, 2020 00:57

Hairball
Via Associated Press:

“I want to be optimistic. I don’t want to be Mr. Doom and Gloom. It’s a very bad subject. I’m not looking to tell the American people when nobody really knows what is happening yet, ‘Oh this is going to be so tragic.’”

Hasn't he noticed it's already tragic? This is his opportunity to be a real leader.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 7, 2020 01:04

bitusa2012
Aquamarine
bitusa2012
jumpontopofmebaby
And those people need to stay home etc.

Do what you feel is best for you

For me. It really is that simple

But THIS is the problem with the non-mandatory lockdown. Doing what you FEEL is best for you can and DOES effect OTHERS. Say you WANT to go out...

[www.businessinsider.com.au]

370 employees just going out...none feeling ill. Mingling with others who just want to go out because they are fed up being in lockdown. ALL are ILL and now they're spreading it....

It really is NOT that simple...

My simplistic take is that someone else's right to go out ends where the possibility of infecting someone else begins.

But if you don't KNOW you can infect others? My simplistic take is that lockdowns should continue everywhere UNTIL there is no way/chance someone CAN infect others.

I return to my initial Civil Liberty versus Civic Responsibility.

Exactly. I'm agreeing with you.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 7, 2020 02:24

Jack Nicholson's character in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, Randle McMurphy, would make a better leader than what we have now.

Post lobotomy.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: May 7, 2020 02:26

Lol. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 7, 2020 02:27

kovach
The NE Coast and entire West Coast pretty much think everything in between is redneck country, and it somewhat shows on the map of which districts voted for who (with a few exceptions):

Not surprisingly it seems to come down to money, not so much as towards your wealth but who you trust to manage it more wisely, the government or the individual.

The map pretty much shows the urban/rural divide in the US. Smaller blue areas where large populations are versus large rural orange areas.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...131132133134135136137138139140141...LastNext
Current Page: 136 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home