Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 6, 2020 00:40

I can't believe some of the posts claiming this is the home of the free and the brave, or that liberty is more important than science.

Liberty will not invent a vaccine to end this nightmare for everybody.

Science says there is such a thing as gravity. Science goes further to say that if you jump out of an airplane without a parachute, you have a negligible chance of surviving the impact, which may be with a force of somewhere between 50-200 G's. That said, you are perfectly at liberty to try. In fact, doing so might make the land of the free and the brave a safer place.

The United States is blessed with a robust public aid system -- Unemployment, Welfare, Food Stamps, charities and now food banks. Nobody has the right to demand employment at the risk of the public health of the entire nation.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 6, 2020 00:45

It's not just some of the posts here claiming "this is the home of the free and the brave" - it seems to be over half the nation saying that, and those are the ones who will more than likely reelect Trump.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: May 6, 2020 01:10

If a person does not like the idea of opening back up then they should stay home.

It is now up to each person to make the decision the fits them.

It is your choice and it is my choice.

Home of the FREE and the BRAVE.

Be smart be safe but don't be scared

That’s what the lemmings yell to one another as they charge toward the seaside cliff.

Date: May 6, 2020 01:13

lol......

Date: May 6, 2020 01:26

cmc
If a person does not like the idea of opening back up then they should stay home.

Be smart be safe but don't be scared

That’s what the lemmings yell to one another as they charge toward the seaside cliff.

No. That’s what people like me that believe the man above has their back think And when it’s my time to go it’s my time.

I’m not afraid to live and I am not afraid to die.

It’s good to be me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-06 01:31 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: May 6, 2020 01:38

Hairball
It's not just some of the posts here claiming "this is the home of the free and the brave" - it seems to be over half the nation saying that, and those are the ones who will more than likely reelect Trump.

So my thinking to reopen has zero to do with who I will vote for. I am one that thinks that locking people in their house, closing their work destroying small business, families loosing their home or worried about feeding their kids etc. is worse than saying everyone take care of yourself. Get back to life if you are at risk then live like you are at risk

That is just how I think. Right or wrong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-06 01:39 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 6, 2020 01:41

jumpontopofmebaby
swimtothemoon
I just read the white house task force will begin to disband around the 25th of
this month. If true it’s just in time for the June 1st. predicted 3,000 US deaths per day forecast. The incompetence, coverup and lack of empathy is beyond belief.
It’s all about getting someone re-elected at ANY expense.

Yes you are correct. It has nothing to do with people wanting to get back to work and provide for their families etc. It has nothing to do with people fed up with the lock down. It has nothing to do with starting the process to get life back to normal. It has nothing to do with millions and millions and millions and millions of people saying OPEN UP.

Be smart be safe but don't be scared.

As I said before, my opinion is exactly the opposite of yours when
it comes to our current US politics and this global crisis. Without going into detail, I do find flaws with your statement above. That being said, I sincerely hope you and your family will be safe as well.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 6, 2020 01:46

Hairball

Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, (and I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong winking smiley ) but nowhere near half the country is wanting it to "open up".

Americans widely oppose reopening most businesses, despite easing of restrictions in some states, Post-U. Md. poll finds
"Americans clearly oppose the reopening of restaurants, retail stores and other businesses, even as governors begin to lift restrictions that have kept the economy locked down in an effort to combat the coronavirus pandemic, according to a Washington Post-University of Maryland poll.
The opposition expressed by sizable majorities of Americans reflects other cautions and concerns revealed in the survey, including continuing fears among most people that they could become infected by the coronavirus, as well as a belief that the worst of the medical crisis is not yet over."
[www.washingtonpost.com]

Poll: Most Americans Oppose Reopening Businesses
A MAJORITY OF AMERICANS oppose the reopening of a variety of businesses amid the coronavirus pandemic and nearly 4 in 10 believe that the worst of the pandemic is yet to come, a new poll released Tuesday found.

The results come as states across the country loosen shelter-in-place restrictions and allow restaurants, retail stores and other businesses to reopen, in some cases against the advice of public health experts.

Two-thirds of Americans believe that retail shops should remain closed in their state, and 74% say restaurants should remain shuttered to dine-in customers as well, according to a Washington Post-University of Maryland poll that asked respondents about the reopening of eight different types of businesses."
[www.usnews.com]

A Pretty Significant Majority of Americans Oppose Reopening Businesses, Poll Finds
According to the findings released Tuesday, 67% of Americans said they would be uncomfortable shopping at a retail clothing store and 78% said they would be uncomfortable eating at a sit-down restaurant.
[couriernewsroom.com]

Date: May 6, 2020 02:01

swimtothemoon
jumpontopofmebaby
swimtothemoon
this month. If true it’s just in time for the June 1st. predicted 3,000 US deaths per day forecast. The incompetence, coverup and lack of empathy is beyond belief.

Yes you are correct. It has nothing to do with people wanting to get back to work and provide for their families etc. It has nothing to do with people fed up with the lock down. It has nothing to do with starting the process to get life back to normal. It has nothing to do with millions and millions and millions and millions of people saying OPEN UP.

As I said before, my opinion is exactly the opposite of yours when
it comes to our current US politics and this global crisis. Without going into detail, I do find flaws with your statement above. That being said, I sincerely hope you and your family will be safe as well.

Thank you. And I hope the same for you and your family

Date: May 6, 2020 02:03

MisterDDDD
Hairball

Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, (and I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong winking smiley ) but nowhere near half the country is wanting it to "open up".

Americans widely oppose reopening most businesses, despite easing of restrictions in some states, Post-U. Md. poll finds
"Americans clearly oppose the reopening of restaurants, retail stores and other businesses, even as governors begin to lift restrictions that have kept the economy locked down in an effort to combat the coronavirus pandemic, according to a Washington Post-University of Maryland poll.
The opposition expressed by sizable majorities of Americans reflects other cautions and concerns revealed in the survey, including continuing fears among most people that they could become infected by the coronavirus, as well as a belief that the worst of the medical crisis is not yet over."
[www.washingtonpost.com]

A MAJORITY OF AMERICANS oppose the reopening of a variety of businesses amid the coronavirus pandemic and nearly 4 in 10 believe that the worst of the pandemic is yet to come, a new poll released Tuesday found.

The results come as states across the country loosen shelter-in-place restrictions and allow restaurants, retail stores and other businesses to reopen, in some cases against the advice of public health experts.

Two-thirds of Americans believe that retail shops should remain closed in their state, and 74% say restaurants should remain shuttered to dine-in customers as well, according to a Washington Post-University of Maryland poll that asked respondents about the reopening of eight different types of businesses."
[www.usnews.com]

A Pretty Significant Majority of Americans Oppose Reopening Businesses, Poll Finds
According to the findings released Tuesday, 67% of Americans said they would be uncomfortable shopping at a retail clothing store and 78% said they would be uncomfortable eating at a sit-down restaurant.
[couriernewsroom.com]

And those people need to stay home etc.

Do what you feel is best for you

For me. It really is that simple

Date: May 6, 2020 02:18

jumpontopofmebaby
MisterDDDD
Hairball

[www.washingtonpost.com]

[www.usnews.com]

[couriernewsroom.com]

Oh... and I am one of those 78% that feels uncomfortable. There for. I will not. But I won’t think bad of anyone. That dose go out to eat or shop that’s their call. But I am not ready

Date: May 6, 2020 02:20

jumpontopofmebaby

Respect your opinion, and only wish it were that simple.

Truly is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool.
The virus doesn't abide by borders or rules, and everyones actions affect (or infect) others.
This is not really even debatable, as the distancing vs not distancing results around the world speak for themselves.

The shutdown/social distancing orders weren't enacted so that once we start to flatten the curve we'd be all good then.
They were enacted so that once the curve flattens, a person who gets it has care and a hospital bed to go to.

Date: May 6, 2020 02:28

Pissing section in the pool!!

I will use that somewhere someday!

Date: May 6, 2020 03:13

MisterDDDD

I did say "it seems" that way, but maybe should have said sometimes it seems considering all the press these particular protest stories are getting.
Whatever the case, many people want to reopen, and it seems a majority of them are Trump supporters, though no doubt quite a few Dems (and others) also seems eager to open up.

Date: May 6, 2020 03:35

Hairball
MisterDDDD

I did say "it seems" that way, but maybe should have said sometimes it seems considering all the press these particular protest stories are getting.
Whatever the case, many people want to reopen, and it seems a majority of them are Trump supporters, though no doubt quite a few Dems (and others) also seems eager to open up.

Yeah.. agree with you.
Try not to say his name here, but, I kid you not, at todays tour of a Honeywell factory, "Live And Let Die" was played during his arrival, and YCAGWYW was played after his speech.
Trolling everyone it seems. cool smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 6, 2020 04:31

jumpontopofmebaby
swimtothemoon

Tell me how it was when you get it. Live free AND Die.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 6, 2020 04:35

MisterDDDD
Hairball

[www.washingtonpost.com]

[www.usnews.com]

[couriernewsroom.com]

Its those who scream the loudest that think they have the most votes. Lets see how these people feel in 3 months when grandma and dad are dead from this virus that they brought home from the mall.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2020 05:18

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 6 May 2020

ROCKMAN

Date: May 6, 2020 05:32

Flights over North America vs Flights over Europe today.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 6, 2020 07:34

swimtothemoon

It it simply beyond belief to most people in the world that science is being over-ridden by a mad "leader' in the US and the vocal minority of US citizens who are "fed up with being at home" to quote another poster above - ah DIDDUMS....

To blithely accept a >3000 per day death toll as the acceptable NUMBER (NOT PEOPLE) of deaths in order to facilitate "going out" is ridiculous. To disband the task force - if true, I have not read that anywhere else - is another of Trump's inexplicable moves. He has stood up to China on trade. I give him that. ANYTHING else?

He cares NOT about PEOPLE (DOES anyone here honestly think he does?). He cares about wealth. He has the empathy of my dishcloth.

You (unfortunately) in the States deserve him and all his cronies if you in any way think or agree that his handling of this has in ANY way been adequate.

He is an egotistical child living in his own little parallel universe....GOD BLESS and HELP the US. I feel for you. I'll get bagged and banned. Sorry.

Rod

Date: May 6, 2020 07:41

Land of the Free and Naive .....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 6, 2020 07:49

Rockman
Land of the Free and Naive .....

Yeah. Staggering.

I have a friend in Nashville. 3 weeks laid up with the virus in his basement. Thinks Trump is ok. I ask why? He says, well he's better that the other guy.

Cant actually reason as to why Trump is ok though. Just goes on about "Crooked Hillary" and "Sleepy Joe" - can't even reason for himself!

He's come out of his basement - he lives in a rural community - and goes to town and buys some guns.......

Rod

Date: May 6, 2020 07:56

Dont worry Rod .... Scumo and Friedenberg
are startin' ta get dollar itchy too ....
Admittedly we dont have high numbers of deaths
but ya can tell they are keen ta get people working again ...
Lets hope we can all do it safely .... I'd rather be safe than sorry

ROCKMAN

Date: May 6, 2020 07:59

Rockman
.... I'd rather be safe than sorry

Ain't this the truth! I'd rather be an unemployed ex Travel Agent than a dead one..

...keep well and safe mate.

Rod

Date: May 6, 2020 08:28

jumpontopofmebaby

But THIS is the problem with the non-mandatory lockdown. Doing what you FEEL is best for you can and DOES effect OTHERS. Say you WANT to go out...

[www.businessinsider.com.au]

370 employees just going out...none feeling ill. Mingling with others who just want to go out because they are fed up being in lockdown. ALL are ILL and now they're spreading it....

It really is NOT that simple...

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-06 08:29 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 6, 2020 08:57

bitusa2012
jumpontopofmebaby

But THIS is the problem with the non-mandatory lockdown. Doing what you FEEL is best for you can and DOES effect OTHERS. Say you WANT to go out...

370 employees just going out...none feeling ill. Mingling with others who just want to go out because they are fed up being in lockdown. ALL are ILL and now they're spreading it....

My simplistic take is that someone else's right to go out ends where the possibility of infecting someone else begins.

Date: May 6, 2020 09:22

Aquamarine
bitusa2012
jumpontopofmebaby

My simplistic take is that someone else's right to go out ends where the possibility of infecting someone else begins.

But if you don't KNOW you can infect others? My simplistic take is that lockdowns should continue everywhere UNTIL there is no way/chance someone CAN infect others.

I return to my initial Civil Liberty versus Civic Responsibility.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-06 09:23 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 6, 2020 09:48

If the spreading of the virus is an inevitable wave then if you die next month or in four months doesn't really make a difference as long as the medical system isn't overloaded. And at the same time do you want your brother to be able to work and feed his family or should they starve?

There are no easy answers, that's for sure.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 6, 2020 10:48

happy to see the casino i visit once in awhile (Clearwater, Suquamish tribe) isn't opeing like the ones in the article. they've been very good about sending updates & are paying their employees during closure.

Washington casinos

Posted by: erad ()
Date: May 6, 2020 11:06

A 9/11 every day is what the Trump admin has deemed to be an acceptable total of deaths in order to get reelected and try and save some of those sweet, sweet profits.

What an crying shame and a very sad indictment on the USA this is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-06 11:09 by erad.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home