Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Date: April 24, 2020 21:43

Chris Fountain
I'm tired of Trump being misinterpreted or attacked - He simply meant maybe some medicines developed can serve as a disinfectant. No Big Deal. Everyday Trump is attacked -

Don't let it bother You. Donald said he was just trying to be sarcastic although
I didn't have that impression. He's very predictable in not being predictable.

Date: April 24, 2020 21:45

Hairball
But you should be used to it by now Chris and not let it bother you - Trump even said himself, to paraphrase:

"Even if I came up with the vaccine and made all of this disease magically disappear, I'd be attacked from a majority of the press"

And then he goes on to say asinine things about the possibility of injecting disinfectants....eye rolling smiley

We are all used to it. But the man has done some great things while President.

He had China figured out from the get go and was / is in the process and making sure we Americans are treated fair.

His heart is truly in the right place.

He wants what is best for America and goes to battle for us.

He is not a bought and paid for politician. Like so many he butts heads with are.

Our economy was the best ever and this was from his hard work and business mind.

It is sad that the media refuses to recognize the good he does.

I was not an Obama fan at all. But he was my President.

Anyway. Trump has done a lot of very good things for our country.

And this board only allows the negative to but posted.

We are only allowed to view his faults here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 21:53 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 24, 2020 21:51

TheflyingDutchman
Chris Fountain
I'm tired of Trump being misinterpreted or attacked - He simply meant maybe some medicines developed can serve as a disinfectant. No Big Deal. Everyday Trump is attacked -

Don't let it bother You. Donald said he was just trying to be sarcastic although

Neither he has been misinterpreted nor it has been a sarcastic question, as he now claims.
He is simply irresponsible and dangerous....and it's a big deal,unfortunately...

Date: April 24, 2020 22:00

shortfatfanny
TheflyingDutchman
Chris Fountain

Neither he has been misinterpreted nor it has been a sarcastic question, as he now claims.
He is simply irresponsible and dangerous....and it's a big deal,unfortunately...

At least he changes like the weather, You're in need of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether

Date: April 24, 2020 22:06

TheflyingDutchman
shortfatfanny
TheflyingDutchman
Chris Fountain

At least he might change like the weather,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 22:12 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: April 24, 2020 22:10

TheflyingDutchman
shortfatfanny
TheflyingDutchman
Chris Fountain

At least he changes like the weather.

It's all good. Every American had better consider themselves lucky he will be the man calling the shots that will get us headed back in the right direction when this mess is over.

And you can damn sure bet he will never ever apologize for being an American. And you can bet he won't be sending anti american countries a billion dollars in cash ever.

And it is nice to know that GOD is a part of his life.

Date: April 24, 2020 22:15

jumpontopofmebaby
TheflyingDutchman
shortfatfanny
TheflyingDutchman
Chris Fountain

It's all good. Every American had better consider themselves lucky he will be the man calling the shots that will get us headed back in the right direction when this mess is over.

And you can damn sure bet he will never ever apologize for being an American. And you can bet he won't be sending anti american countries a billion dollars in cash ever.

Still he might change like the weather, you're in need of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 24, 2020 22:19

jumpontopofmebaby
TheflyingDutchman
shortfatfanny
TheflyingDutchman
Chris Fountain

Why so sensitive ? My opinion has nothing to do with any nationality or religion.
One thing...I know people who get locked up to mental hospital talking far less nonesense than Mr. Trump.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 24, 2020 22:20

Chris Fountain

The truth supersedes yours or anyone else’s hurt feelings.

Nate

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 24, 2020 23:42

jumpontopofmebaby
TheflyingDutchman
shortfatfanny
TheflyingDutchman
Chris Fountain

I respect your opinion Jumpontopofmebaby but mine is quite different.
My opinion is he is a fraud and a con man - similar to his fraudulent University and charity. However now there are lives at stake - as of today the United States has lost over 50,000 people to this virus. Not so long
ago he and his followers were calling this pandemic a hoax.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2020 23:54

Chris Fountain

If he had come out today and said that, he could perhaps get the benefit of the doubt.
He didn't.

Claims he was being sarcastic, as he is incapable of telling the truth or admitting a mistake or a misspeak.

Cheers.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 25, 2020 00:07

Unless it is directly related to the corona virus, please do not post about politics here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 25, 2020 00:19

There is no way this even qualifies as talking about politics anymore. This is just a scrambling mess that should not be public

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2020 00:27

As Georgia businesses remain divided over reopening, there's constant buzz at hair salons, barbers

Georgia reopens

With the first heatwave upon us here in Southern California, have to say a nice haircut would be nice, but not at the risk of getting a deadly disease...
Maybe if I inject a nice dose of lysol and try and cut it myself....? winking smiley. And my wife has offered to cut it for me, but it might end looking like Keith's after getting in a fight with a lawn mower!
Think I can wait a while longer....thumbs up

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 25, 2020 00:34

One thing I think we can all agree on:

It has become quite clear that when it comes to Trump - neither side on this board is going to change the others' mind(s) about him.

If we all simply agree to that, I think we can move on and find common ground.

we're all here b/c we love the Stones. Let's not let Trump &/or Corona ruin our common bond....

we've got a good thing here - this board, the Stones, BV tolerating us despite the 474,549 warnings not to talk politics....we gotta tone it down a bit....myself included...I say dumb things here too and I end up regretting it most of the time.

my grandmother used to say "Never talk about politics or religion outside the family"

she probably lifted that one, along with "there's a reason the Good Lord gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth"....but....smart lady, my Grandma....lived to 98, died in her sleep. Love you, Grandma.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 25, 2020 00:39

Hairball
As Georgia businesses remain divided over reopening, there's constant buzz at hair salons, barbers

Georgia reopens

With the first heatwave upon us here in Southern California, have to say a nice haircut would be nice, but not at the risk of getting a deadly disease...
Maybe if I inject a nice dose of lysol and try and cut it myself....? winking smiley. And my wife has offered to cut it for me, but it might end looking like Keith's after getting in a fight with a lawn mower!
Think I can wait a while longer....thumbs up

you still have hair????

Bastard!

smileys with beer grinning smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 25, 2020 01:23

jumpontopofmebaby
Green Lady
daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
bv
What is going on here? Where are the experts when we need them?

Trump, ever the salesman, is peddling dangerous cures for coronavirus (CNN April 24, 2020)

'It's irresponsible and it's dangerous': Experts rip Trump's idea of injecting disinfectant to treat COVID-19 (NBC April 24, 2020)

President Donald Trump on Thursday suggested exploring disinfectants as a possible treatment for coronavirus infections — an extremely dangerous proposition that medical experts warn could kill people.

After a Homeland Security official mentioned the ability of disinfectants like bleach to kill the coronavirus on surfaces, Trump remarked on the effectiveness.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?" Trump said during his daily briefing at the White House. "Because, you see, it gets on the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So that you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."

Read the article below to what and how it was really said and not how CNN adds their spin on it to make it a bad thing

Really Trump is just looking at anything and everything that could possibly help.

He must have a little John Lennon in him.....you know....their are not problems ...only solutions.

[www.foxnews.com]

Wait, why do I need to read Fox News to get the truth when I heard him say it live. I TRUST MY EARS. This is just a whackjob idea.

Do you honestly think he would really want someone to inject a disinfection into themselves .

Or is it possible that he is just stating....come on disinfection kills the virus. Is there something out there that can be used like a disinfection that you could put in your body that would act like a disinfection does that would be safe etc.

Surely you know better.

Yes you do.

But...you hate Trump.

Based on Dr. Birx's reaction, she thought he meant it. First you tell me to go to Faux News, then you go along with his "sarcasm". Sorry, but your only part that is fact is the last 3 words.

I also agree with him about heat curing the virus. I am pretty sure the crematoriums kill the virus on dead bodies. Will the US hit 60K by end of the month? Now Trump is saying keeping the death toll under 100k is a success up from 60K. 100K is going to be the number by May 20th or sooner at the curren rate..

Date: April 25, 2020 01:26

swimtothemoon
jumpontopofmebaby
TheflyingDutchman
shortfatfanny
TheflyingDutchman
Chris Fountain

My opinion is he is a fraud and a con man - similar to his fraudulent University and charity. However now there are lives at stake - as of today the United States has lost over 50,000 people to this virus. Not so long

Actually he acted very quick to restrict travel with China. And it was the CNN followers that blasted him for that. He acted quickly. Democrats and CNN said it was not necessary. But when those links are posted here. They don’t last long. And Trump actually was following advice from the experts. Good thing he did not listen to the WHO and the democrats. Or it would be way worse. And ya know. We all know that. But that doesn’t make Trump look and bad It makes the Democrats look bad. So that is just ignored. And that is why CNN is barely watched by the general public and that is why we get 4 more years. Life is good. Sit back and enjoy the next 4 years. I will !

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 25, 2020 01:31

bv
What is going on here? Where are the experts when we need them?

Trump, ever the salesman, is peddling dangerous cures for coronavirus (CNN April 24, 2020)

'It's irresponsible and it's dangerous': Experts rip Trump's idea of injecting disinfectant to treat COVID-19 (NBC April 24, 2020)

President Donald Trump on Thursday suggested exploring disinfectants as a possible treatment for coronavirus infections — an extremely dangerous proposition that medical experts warn could kill people.

After a Homeland Security official mentioned the ability of disinfectants like bleach to kill the coronavirus on surfaces, Trump remarked on the effectiveness.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?" Trump said during his daily briefing at the White House. "Because, you see, it gets on the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So that you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."

I think the US is in serious trouble in their fight to defeat this virus with him in charge.

He was being sarcastic? He's an out and out liar. Like a computer that's code is so scrambled that when you turn it on it just gives you thousands of random letters and numbers. You can't work with that or expect it to do any work for you.

When he first got elected I thought it was all a bit of a laugh, a bit like the 'Monster raving loony party' winning in the UK - - not now, as I say, I think the US is in serious trouble in their fight to defeat this virus with him in charge.
I guess 'you' can only hope there are serious adults doing work in the background, in the Whitehouse and the serious State Governors prevail.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-25 04:43 by EddieByword.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 25, 2020 01:34

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball
But you should be used to it by now Chris and not let it bother you - Trump even said himself, to paraphrase:

"Even if I came up with the vaccine and made all of this disease magically disappear, I'd be attacked from a majority of the press"

And then he goes on to say asinine things about the possibility of injecting disinfectants....eye rolling smiley

We are all used to it. But the man has done some great things while President.

He had China figured out from the get go and was / is in the process and making sure we Americans are treated fair.

His heart is truly in the right place.

He wants what is best for America and goes to battle for us.

He is not a bought and paid for politician. Like so many he butts heads with are.

Our economy was the best ever and this was from his hard work and business mind.

It is sad that the media refuses to recognize the good he does.

I was not an Obama fan at all. But he was my President.

Anyway. Trump has done a lot of very good things for our country.

And this board only allows the negative to but posted.

We are only allowed to view his faults here.

Great things? Really? What are they? Oh yeah, I hate Trump so I don't think gutting the EPA and environment is good, I also think racism, xenophobia, homophobia, misogyny have no place in the US government. Sorry BV for going all political but this pisses me off and seeing people die with no empathy whatsoever is "like nothing we have ever seen before".

Date: April 25, 2020 02:23

Politics is ruining this thread. Many countries are represented here, not only the USA. People around the world are suffering and it isnt fair to blame the politicians. They aren't Doctors. They are dealing with it as best they can and trying whatever seems right. The virus information changes daily as we learn more about it. So give it a break.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 25, 2020 03:19

BitchKeepsBitchin
Politics is ruining this thread. Many countries are represented here, not only the USA. People around the world are suffering and it isnt fair to blame the politicians. They aren't Doctors. They are dealing with it as best they can and trying whatever seems right. The virus information changes daily as we learn more about it. So give it a break.

You're not bitching. Politics does ruin this thread. The easy rule is don't talk about world leaders. Talk about the various nations and what steps they are or aren't taking. Don't make it personal and use names.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 25, 2020 03:50

No one is blaming politicians for causing the virus of course but they do have a highly important role to play in helping to bring it under control.Some of them have not been doing a good enough job on this so far.People have every right to criticise if they wish and certainly don’t need others to tell them they shouldn’t be doing so because it conflicts with their beliefs.
The truth should always supersede anyone’s hurt feelings.No one cares if your offended.

Nate

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 25, 2020 04:18

Interesting how this thread evolves...sort of like two steps forward, one step back.
Two more pages of various posts will be added to the overall tally on a daily basis, but by the next day a variety of offensive/political rants will be deleted.
Without all the deletions, this thread could have been close to 200 pages by now!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 25, 2020 04:24

Can't quite see myself how those remarks qualify as sarcasm, which is certainly not a tactic I would want or expect the leader of my country to be using in the middle of a disastrous global pandemic!

Oxford English Dictionary:

The use of bitter or wounding, esp. ironic, remarks; language consisting of such remarks.

Cambridge Dictionary:

The use of remarks that clearly mean the opposite of what they say, made in order to hurt someone's feelings or to criticize something in a humorous way:
"You have been working hard," he said with heavy sarcasm, as he looked at the empty page.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 25, 2020 04:50

Green Lady
There has been a cult, since long before Covid was a thing, which tells its members that drinking bleach will cure everything:
[www.google.com]

As you can imagine, they are over the moon about the latest White House statement.

Funnily enough, you are right!

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: April 25, 2020 05:12

He is a fool and a a con man

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 25, 2020 05:24

How come if all of the medical experts are saying that we need to test everyone and have enough people tracing the contacts of those who test positive, people aren’t being enlisted into those tasks and paid well for it instead of just paying people to stay on the dole and sit at home doing nothing?

I’m tired of our leaders just reacting and not forging solutions, real ones, not political ones.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 25, 2020 05:27

jumpontopofmebaby
Do you honestly think he would really want someone to inject a disinfection into themselves .

The problem is that some people take him seriously, to lethal effects:

Arizona man dies after attempting to take Trump coronavirus 'cure'. Wife survives after couple in their 60s ingested chloroquine phosphate, which Trump falsely claimed was approved to treat coronavirus
A Phoenix-area man has died and his wife was in critical condition after the couple took chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in an anti-malaria medication touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for Covid-19.
Banner Health said on Monday the couple in their 60s got sick within half an hour of ingesting the additive. The man could not be resuscitated at hospital but the woman was able to throw up much of the chemical.
“Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure,” the woman told NBC.

[www.theguardian.com

Note that this happened already a month ago, and Trump could have learned from it. Evidently he didn't.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 25, 2020 06:16

jumpontopofmebaby
swimtothemoon
jumpontopofmebaby
TheflyingDutchman
shortfatfanny
TheflyingDutchman
Chris Fountain

Actually he acted very quick to restrict travel with China. And it was the CNN followers that blasted him for that. He acted quickly. Democrats and CNN said it was not necessary. But when those links are posted here. They don’t last long. And Trump actually was following advice from the experts. Good thing he did not listen to the WHO and the democrats. Or it would be way worse. And ya know. We all know that. But that doesn’t make Trump look and bad It makes the Democrats look bad. So that is just ignored. And that is why CNN is barely watched by the general public and that is why we get 4 more years. Life is good. Sit back and enjoy the next 4 years. I will !

Well we each have two completely different views/opinions regarding this President. At least we have one thing in common and that is we are both Rolling Stones fans - which is a whole lot more fun than today’s politics!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...112113114115116117118119120121122...LastNext
Current Page: 117 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home