Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 21, 2020 21:58

Norway status Tuesday April 21:

Total number of corona positives = 7,191 (64 new cases today)
Deaths total = 182 (1 new death today)
Total number of people tested = 145,279

Live: Corona-viruset sprer seg i Norge og verden (VG - Live page)

The heath authorities estimate 50,000 people i.e. 1% of our 5 million people have had the corona virus, which means the death rate is 0.4%. The very low rate is probably due to the strong protection of the care homes for the elderly. There have been a complete visitor ban at all elderly homes for a very long time, since early March, and all health workers with symptoms are tested at all times.

Our local hospitals related to a population of some 200,000 people in the Asker and Bærum counties have got 31 dead, 55 corona sick released from hospital beds, 9 still in hospital. In short, the first wave of the virus is under control. The hospitals are now starting to do routine surgery put on hold in early March. The R factor is 0.7 i.e. one sick person transmit to 0.7 others, meaning the virus is going away over time.

Kindergarten opens this week, with max 3 kids per group, extended rules of washing hands etc, and luckily the weather is getting warmer now, so they can spend a lot of time outside, at least in the south. In the north they do still have 1-2 m i.e. 3-6 ft of snow, so being outside isn't that easy.

Everybody is very concerned about how the next phase will be, and with extended testing capacity of some 100,000 tests per week, they will keep a very close track of the situation day by day. If the virus is back then we will get a new lock down, I am sure.

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-21 22:07 by bv.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 21, 2020 22:02

crholmstrom
StonedInTokyo
MisterDDDD

Oh, please. Ok, I'll play. First of all, the "COVID-19" death stats are grossly exaggerated because since February nearly everyone with COVID-19 that dies in hospital is categorized as a COVID-19 death. Guy has a massive heart attack and dies in the ER? wait, he had COVID-19? Cause of death: COVID-19. Another guy was diagnosed with COVID-19 in hospital and died? Wait, he got run over by a bus on his way home? Cause of death: COVID-19.

All COVID-19 humor aside, what's disingenuous about that chart is it reflects weekly averages as opposed to annual averages. On that note, do you know how many people died from influenza in the United States last year? 80,000. Mic drop.

Covid-19 humor? I'm not getting it. Hope you or someone you know doesn't get it. It's a spectacularly unfunny disease.

Some of us understand and some too stupid to get it (the concept) and will be stupid and careless. The red states are opening up and it will get ugly in 3 to 4 weeks. #ThinTheHerd

Date: April 21, 2020 22:07

DandelionPowderman
StonedInTokyo
MisterDDDD

Oh, please. Ok, I'll play. First of all, the "COVID-19" death stats are grossly exaggerated because since February nearly everyone with COVID-19 that dies in hospital is categorized as a COVID-19 death. Guy has a massive heart attack and dies in the ER? wait, he had COVID-19? Cause of death: COVID-19. Another guy was diagnosed with COVID-19 in hospital and died? Wait, he got run over by a bus on his way home? Cause of death: COVID-19.

All COVID-19 humor aside, what's disingenuous about that chart is it reflects weekly averages as opposed to annual averages. On that note, do you know how many people died from influenza in the United States last year? 80,000. Mic drop.

That's not how we count Covid-19 deaths here, and I'm sure that applies for many other countries as well.

That's not how it is calculated here either. Some people are just stupid.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 22:08

Where to begin...

Do you not understand why the lockdown exists? It's because nobody has immunity to this. If you did nothing healthcare systems would be overwhelmed. People with underlying health conditions are extremely vulnerable. Healthy people can have mild cases or even be asymptomatic but can be highly contagious, spreading it to people who are vulnerable and they can die from it.

The comparison with the flu is ridiculous because people have a level of immunity to influenza and there is an annual vaccine. There is no vaccine or immunity for the coronavirus.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-21 22:12 by WelshEdge1.

Date: April 21, 2020 22:12

StonedInTokyo
bv
I posted these two items because they are in the news headlines all over the world. Americans with large automatic guns on the streets, and a president saying on twitter he support these people. May be the news in USA have a different story, but these are the stories we see on the main news where I live.

Tabloid trash? The Guardian is probably one of the most respected UK newspapers. It has been named "newspaper of the year" four times at the annual British Press Awards: most recently in 2014, for its reporting on government surveillance.

American citizens not convicted of a felony have a constitutional right to carry automatic weapons in public. Your post said story ran in The Mirror, a tabloid, not the Guardian which is a more reputable and balanced publication.

Dude, get your facts straight. American citizens in open carry states can do that. Please come to California and do that. You will go to prison, likely catch coronavirus and either learn something or not.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 21, 2020 22:12

The curves are easy to understand. A pandemic is way way more dangerous than any other dangerous human activity. Just search for "Exponential growth", and plot the curve with your own numbers.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-21 22:14 by bv.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 21, 2020 22:22

daspyknows
That's not how it is calculated here either. Some people are just stupid.

That would be the people who are in deep denial about their numbers.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 21, 2020 22:23

daspyknows
Dude, get your facts straight. American citizens in open carry states can do that. Please come to California and do that. You will go to prison, likely catch coronavirus and either learn something or not.

Get your facts straight. American citizens have the right. California merely infringes upon that right.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 21, 2020 22:30

A big factor to consider when comparing regular flu, car crashes etc. to coronavirus is that most of the coronavirus deaths have occurred with the majority of Americans staying home and distancing.
A huge increase had we not without doubt.

Latest chart updated 4-20.

[www.thenewatlantis.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 21, 2020 23:03

WelshEdge1
You could argue that the US, the UK, etc could be sued for their past deeds.

then again, you'd probably be speaking german if not for the big bad US

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 21, 2020 23:10

Better Call Saul is my show. The last episode of season was televised last night.

Many unanswered questions as it should be. Sad part is not knowing when the new season will start.

The pandemic even screws up drama.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 21, 2020 23:20

5stringTele
I hear Tucker Carlson say old people are on their last leg anyway, and I read some of the posts in this thread implying younger people should have the right to ignore restrictions and older people can just stay home. Maybe they're right. We should just kill all of the old people. They just drive slow and smell funny and the only thing they have to offer society is their wisdom and compassion -- two things obviously lacking in the noisy minority.

The restrictions are in effect in the name of public health, which means it's bigger than the individual. I'd like to see those who want those restrictions lifted sign a release ensuring they will waive any medical treatment if/when they fall ill with Covid-19. If you want to risk your own health, you should have no right to take hospital beds away from innocent victims of Covid-19 (not to mention all of the patients needing other life-saving surgeries or treatments). You may have the right to risk your own health to cover for the fact that you didn't save enough money to survive a drought, but you don't have the right to wreck the healthcare system for everybody else.

When you say you "hear" Tucker Carlson said, did you actually hear it yourself. I watch him almost every night and have never heard anything remotely close to this unless he was bantering (Intelligently) with an guest in discussion.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 23:30

Maindefender
5stringTele
I hear Tucker Carlson say old people are on their last leg anyway, and I read some of the posts in this thread implying younger people should have the right to ignore restrictions and older people can just stay home. Maybe they're right. We should just kill all of the old people. They just drive slow and smell funny and the only thing they have to offer society is their wisdom and compassion -- two things obviously lacking in the noisy minority.

The restrictions are in effect in the name of public health, which means it's bigger than the individual. I'd like to see those who want those restrictions lifted sign a release ensuring they will waive any medical treatment if/when they fall ill with Covid-19. If you want to risk your own health, you should have no right to take hospital beds away from innocent victims of Covid-19 (not to mention all of the patients needing other life-saving surgeries or treatments). You may have the right to risk your own health to cover for the fact that you didn't save enough money to survive a drought, but you don't have the right to wreck the healthcare system for everybody else.

When you say you "hear" Tucker Carlson said, did you actually hear it yourself. I watch him almost every night and have never heard anything remotely close to this unless he was bantering (Intelligently) with an guest in discussion.

It was Bill O’Reilly that made that comment. [www.realclearpolitics.com]

Date: April 21, 2020 23:34

crholmstrom
WelshEdge1
You could argue that the US, the UK, etc could be sued for their past deeds.

then again, you'd probably be speaking german if not for the big bad US

Ever heard of the Battle of Britain? Also, the USSR won the war in Europe.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 23:43

For the life of me, I can't understand why no one on TV even talks about Forsythia as a possible natural treatment. Not sure if it's even been tried at all by anyone, but it IS supposed to help with respiratory ailments....

Date: April 21, 2020 23:52

Chris Fountain
Better Call Saul is my show. The last episode of season was televised last night.

Many unanswered questions as it should be. Sad part is not knowing when the new season will start.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but that was the series finale. It's at the point where it merges with Breaking Bad.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 22, 2020 00:06

Just end this lockdown, man; come on! Yes, the elderly and those with ‘health conditions’ ‘May’ be more ‘at risk’, but everyone else needs to go back to work and live a life. After more than several weeks, this is becoming utterly bonkers and crazy!

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: April 22, 2020 00:07

StonedInTokyo
daspyknows

Get your facts straight. American citizens have the right. California merely infringes upon that right.

For the record, states that have a concealed handgun license allow revolvers and semi automatic pistols. Most media get the "automatic" vs "semi-automatic" wrong. An automatic weapon will continue firing as long as the trigger is pulled. A semi-automatic weapon has to have the trigger pulled for each firing, just like a revolver.

An automatic weapon, of any kind in the US is a class 3 license. A very special and hard to get license.This is a federal requirement.

For a handgun license this it done by the states, and yes the laws can vary by state.

Date: April 22, 2020 00:14

Big Al
Just end this lockdown, man; come on! Yes, the elderly and those with ‘health conditions’ ‘May’ be more ‘at risk’, but everyone else needs to go back to work and live a life. After more than several weeks, this is becoming utterly bonkers and crazy!

It’s time!!

Date: April 22, 2020 00:14

Big Al

It’s time!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 22, 2020 00:20

jumpontopofmebaby
Big Al

It’s time!!

Right ??!?
And let's send the kids back to school!!
Hell, we haven't even grown that attached to a lot of 'em, and we can make more!!

Who raised y'all?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-22 00:21 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 22, 2020 00:32

[/quote]

Right ??!?
Hell, we haven't even grown that attached to a lot of 'em, and we can make more!!

Who raised y'all?[/quote]

+ old folks & people with health issues are just a drain on resources anyway.

Date: April 22, 2020 01:08

crholmstrom

Right ??!?

Who raised y'all?[/quote]

+ old folks & people with health issues are just a drain on resources anyway.[/quote]

Bait!

Date: April 22, 2020 01:45

Big Al

Talk to me after you have had a case of Covid-19. Until then you are talking nonsense.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 22, 2020 02:32

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but that was the series finale. It's at the point where it merges with Breaking Bad.

That wasn’t the end of the series. There is one more season to come.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 22, 2020 02:38

THE AGE -- 22 April 2020

ROCKMAN

Date: April 22, 2020 02:53

THE AGE --- 22 April 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: April 22, 2020 03:17

To comment further on the stats being small compared to US population. Look at it differently. There are about 2,000 new deathS per day in the US, and it is not yet under control. That is the same as 15 Boeing 737s crashing **every day** and not knowing how to prevent that.....

Date: April 22, 2020 03:22

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 22 April 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 22, 2020 06:52

Rocknroll1969
Maindefender
5stringTele

It was Bill O’Reilly that made that comment. [www.realclearpolitics.com]

Regardless, it wasn't said by a journalist.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home