Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 344
Re: OT John Prine critically ill
Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 30, 2020 04:21

John Baez singing a tribute "Hello in there" on her FB page
facebook.com/OfficialJoanBaez/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-30 04:22 by djgab.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 30, 2020 04:57

Damn...sad.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 30, 2020 06:12

Dammit.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2020 07:10

Love ya John ….

Summer's End always digs so deep ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: March 30, 2020 08:22

Hold on, John. We need you.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 30, 2020 10:25

Sounds like it came on very fast. Hopefully he is well taken care of and gets
through this. Be careful everyone!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 30, 2020 13:17

Get well !

OT: farewell to Alan Merrill
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 30, 2020 08:16

Alan Merrill, best known for composing I Love Rock'n'Roll, has died from COVID19.
He was a son of Helen Merrill and spent a lot of time in Japan.

Vodka Collins, the band named after a favorite drink of Keith Richards.

The Arrows

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 30, 2020 18:47

CaptainCorella
One of the things that helps spread infection is that you should not touch your face if you can possibly help it.

Here's how one physicist tackled the problem.

[tinyurl.com]

Did he fail or not?

not touching your face is wicked hard....and once you start to think about it, it's like Tell Tale Face.

but, yes...it is good advice.

I stopped biting my f'n nails, which is good. Crap habit I picked up when I quit smoking butts.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2020 19:23

I went ahead and got a few n95 masks from a friend and will be wearing one from now on when I grocery shop or other times I am forced to be in enclosed spaces with a crowd.
This outbreak is less than thirty miles from my home, and a nursing home outbreak (40+ now 4 dead) is at a nursing home three blocks from my home. Not convinced it will help from catching the virus,
but there is more and more evidence that they will, and living at or near the original epicenter here in the US, I'm planning on taking the "you can't be over-cautious" approach now.

A Mount Vernon choir went ahead with rehearsal. Now dozens have coronavirus and 2 are dead.
“It seemed like a normal rehearsal, except that choirs are huggy places,” Burdick recalled. “We were making music and trying to keep a certain distance between each other.”

After 2½ hours, the singers parted ways at 9 p.m.

The outbreak has stunned county health officials, who have concluded that the virus was almost certainly transmitted through the air from one or more people without symptoms."
[www.seattletimes.com]

Date: March 30, 2020 19:28

MisterDDDD
I went ahead and got a few n95 masks from a friend and will be wearing one from now on when I grocery shop or other times I am forced to be in enclosed spaces with a crowd.
This outbreak is less than thirty miles from my home, and a nursing home outbreak (40+ now 4 dead) is at a nursing home three blocks from my home. Not convinced it will help from catching the virus,
but there is more and more evidence that they will, and living at or near the original epicenter here in the US, I'm planning on taking the "you can't be over-cautious" approach now.

A Mount Vernon choir went ahead with rehearsal. Now dozens have coronavirus and 2 are dead.
“It seemed like a normal rehearsal, except that choirs are huggy places,” Burdick recalled. “We were making music and trying to keep a certain distance between each other.”

After 2½ hours, the singers parted ways at 9 p.m.

The outbreak has stunned county health officials, who have concluded that the virus was almost certainly transmitted through the air from one or more people without symptoms."
[www.seattletimes.com]

good call w/ the masks, buddy.

I don't care what the "they don't do anything" people say....doctors/nurses wouldn't be wearing them if they didn't work

where'd you get that picture/graph/chart?

Date: March 30, 2020 19:43

Some amazing images from around the world, with field hospitals being set up in so many places, from Central Park to London.
This shot is instantly iconic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-30 19:44 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 30, 2020 19:45

stickyfingers101

I don't care what the "they don't do anything" people say....doctors/nurses wouldn't be wearing them if they didn't work

Forgot the link..

COVID-19: WHY WE SHOULD ALL WEAR MASKS — THERE IS NEW SCIENTIFIC RATIONALE
[medium.com]

Date: March 30, 2020 19:51

MisterDDDD
stickyfingers101

Forgot the link..

COVID-19: WHY WE SHOULD ALL WEAR MASKS — THERE IS NEW SCIENTIFIC RATIONALE
[medium.com]

Thanks!

Sharing this w/ all my doubter friends....w/ the closing line: If you don't want masks, feel free to give them to me.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 30, 2020 20:04

Beast
bv
Many politicians have said things they will regret in the past, like Erdogan in Turkey. When you look back, you wonder what went on in their minds.

Quotes from the below articles:

Even though the Turkish Health Minister initially denied that there were any coronavirus cases in Turkey, after widespread claims of the spread of the virus, Turkish authorities arrested the whistle blowers. Another 64 Turks were jailed after being accused of disseminating false and provocative information. Furthermore, members of the state-controlled Turkish press panel insisted that “Turkish genes rendered most Turkic people immune,” Rubin reported.

Another reason Rubin gives for Erdogan’s cover-up of the spread of the coronavirus in Turkey is his fear of the collapse of the tourism industry. “In 2018, the Turkish tourism industry accounted for nearly $30 billion dollars. Just a year ago, Erdogan promised that Turkey would host 50 million tourists, raising that figure by at least 20 percent.

Erdogan’s Denial of Coronavirus Crisis Risks the Lives of 80 Million Turks (Armenian Weekly March 24, 2020)

Erdogan says Turkey will overcome coronavirus in two-three weeks; school closures extended (Reuters, March 25, 2020)

The Belarus President is apparently in the same league, allowing football matches to carry on as normal, touting vodka and tough work as antidotes to the virus and saying that the cold weather is more than enough to kill it off anyway.

That's the first time I've heard of Cold weather killing it off, many have suggested warm weather might. I believe it was in the 40s in Wuhan when it started.

Date: March 30, 2020 20:17

kovach
Beast
bv
Many politicians have said things they will regret in the past, like Erdogan in Turkey. When you look back, you wonder what went on in their minds.

Quotes from the below articles:

Even though the Turkish Health Minister initially denied that there were any coronavirus cases in Turkey, after widespread claims of the spread of the virus, Turkish authorities arrested the whistle blowers. Another 64 Turks were jailed after being accused of disseminating false and provocative information. Furthermore, members of the state-controlled Turkish press panel insisted that “Turkish genes rendered most Turkic people immune,” Rubin reported.

Another reason Rubin gives for Erdogan’s cover-up of the spread of the coronavirus in Turkey is his fear of the collapse of the tourism industry. “In 2018, the Turkish tourism industry accounted for nearly $30 billion dollars. Just a year ago, Erdogan promised that Turkey would host 50 million tourists, raising that figure by at least 20 percent.

Erdogan’s Denial of Coronavirus Crisis Risks the Lives of 80 Million Turks (Armenian Weekly March 24, 2020)

Erdogan says Turkey will overcome coronavirus in two-three weeks; school closures extended (Reuters, March 25, 2020)

The Belarus President is apparently in the same league, allowing football matches to carry on as normal, touting vodka and tough work as antidotes to the virus and saying that the cold weather is more than enough to kill it off anyway.

That's the first time I've heard of Cold weather killing it off, many have suggested warm weather might. I believe it was in the 40s in Wuhan when it started.

that's b/c it's totally false.

not to be political, but I wouldn't trust this source...at all.

their dictator also said saunas kill the virus.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2020 21:40

There is a separate thread for talking about people affected by the virus:

People affected by the virus

I made it in order to avoid messing up this thread with individual coomments about people, known and unknown, being affected.

There is a link to the new thread on the first post of the main coronavirus thread.

Bjornulf

Date: March 30, 2020 21:46

Good idea BV

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 30, 2020 21:49

For me, personally, I am taking this time to learn about and invest in the stock market here in the US. Something I've been meaning to get back into for several years now, and this downturn has been the key trigger for me.

Date: March 30, 2020 21:52

I followed the press conference by the US president Sunday evening:

America's terrible, growing coronavirus death toll makes Trump accept reality (CNN)

In short, it was promising. Social distancing until April 30. Worst case scenario info, with hopes for a better scenario with social distancing. And I did notice that the president took an extra breath, then said "coronavirus". We are all fighting the same enemy. The coronavirus.

I am optimistic about the way USA are handling this now. Our economies, our people, friends, families, normal life, everything depend on leaders doing the right things - fast.

We may have some bad weeks ahead of us, but we should see the curves bending downwards slightly during April.

Bjornulf

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 30, 2020 21:57

Just received the below from my dentist in an email:

•The Covid-19 virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat) which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
•Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
•The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
•HEAT melts fat; that is why it is so good to use water above 78 degrees for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes more foam, and that makes it even more useful.
*Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially lipid layer of the virus.
•Any mix with 1part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaking it down from the inside.
•Oxygenated water (peroxide) helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine bleach because it dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it in pure form and it hurts your skin.
•NO BACTERICIDE WORKS. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with antibiotics.
•NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloths. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous surfaces), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
•The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
•UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, UV light is perfect to disinfect and reuse a mask. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
•The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
•Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
•NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, work. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65% alcohol.
•LISTERINE IF IT’S APPROPRIATE! It is 65% alcohol.
•The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
•This cannot be said enough, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
•You have to MOISTURIZE DRY HANDS from so much washing, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
*Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

Michele Assaf-Asst. Prof OF infectious diseases at John Hopkins University

Date: March 30, 2020 21:57

VoodooLounge13
For me, personally, I am taking this time to learn about and invest in the stock market here in the US. Something I've been meaning to get back into for several years now, and this downturn has been the key trigger for me.

At one point in time this spring/summer the stock market will be at the very bottom. If you get the right stocks then, you are in for some great winning.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 30, 2020 22:02

kv2915
Hold on, John. We need you.

He’s in stable condition now.
Very good news.
A miracle considering his poor health.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 31, 2020 00:33

bv
There is a separate thread for talking about people affected by the virus:

People affected by the virus

I made it in order to avoid messing up this thread with individual coomments about people, known and unknown, being affected.

There is a link to the new thread on the first post of the main coronavirus thread.

Very good idea thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 31, 2020 00:45

bv
VoodooLounge13

At one point in time this spring/summer the stock market will be at the very bottom. If you get the right stocks then, you are in for some great winning.

Yes, out of this human catastrophe there will be some winners (the usual suspects) but many more losers. Usually those who can ill afford such a set back.
And you can bet a lot of the winners will not be very charitable, either.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 31, 2020 03:18

Crowds gather as navy ship Comfort arrives. & no they were not practicing social distancing.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 31, 2020 03:35

crholmstrom
Crowds gather as navy ship Comfort arrives. & no they were not practicing social distancing.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: OT: farewell to Alan Merrill
Date: March 31, 2020 03:50

Toru A
Alan Merrill, best known for composing I Love Rock'n'Roll, has died from COVID19.

The Arrows

Is the guy on the top right Jeff Beck ?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 31, 2020 04:08

stickyfingers101
CaptainCorella
One of the things that helps spread infection is that you should not touch your face if you can possibly help it.

Here's how one physicist tackled the problem.

[tinyurl.com]

Did he fail or not?

not touching your face is wicked hard....and once you start to think about it, it's like Tell Tale Face.

but, yes...it is good advice.

But did YOU follow the link to what happened to the poor person!

If that link doesn't make you laugh then there's something wrong with the world.

Everyone! Look at thelink! [tinyurl.com]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Re: OT: farewell to Alan Merrill
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 31, 2020 04:48

jumpontopofmebaby
Toru A

The Arrows

Is the guy on the top right Jeff Beck ?

He does look a bit like Jeff Beck! Guy next to him looks a bit like Tony Hicks from The Hollies. Third guy looks a bit like maybe one of the Bee Gees? Perhaps a bit of a stretch.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home