Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 27, 2020 03:17

Bill Gates is speaking on a CNN Global Town Hall at this moment. Mr Gates is very informative. Terrific information.
Hopefully CNN will makes this interview available online.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 27, 2020 03:25

daspyknows
MisterDDDD
stickyfingers101
MisterDDDD
An actual billionaire that understands science and facts.
He's estimating the length of shutdown needed at six to ten weeks, provided there's an increase of testing etc.

Bill Gates says the US missed its chance to avoid coronavirus shutdown and businesses should stay closed

“The U.S. is past this opportunity to control (COVID-19) without shutdown,” Gates said during a TED Connects program broadcast online. [www.bloomberg.com]
“We did not act fast enough to have an ability to avoid the shutdown.”

“It’s January when everybody should’ve been on notice,” Gates added. The virus was first discovered in December in China."
[www.cnbc.com]

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....Talk is Cheap.

All I want to hear from the mega-rich is how much money they are giving to research, how many people they are financially supporting during the shut-down and/or how they are financing the production of more respirators, masks and other critical supplies.

Sean Penn was on the news saying how the military needs to intervene.

blah, blah, blah...What I need is do-nothing Hollywood ToolBags telling us what to do....give me a break.

Take a look at Haiti if you want to see a place that Sean Penn "helped"...

Dear Hollywood, Pro Sports, Rock Stars and MegaRich Corporate Hacks - Close your mouths until you open your wallets.

....if you can't handle the latter, then just do the former.

That being said....Doctors without Borders is an outstanding charity, if anyone is interested.

Read the articles.. [thehill.com]
He's donated $100 million already, Has a foundation that is acquiring testing.

On top of all his other philanthropic endeavors.. Educate yourself, in the time it took to type.. "blah blah blah etc" you could have had the facts.

There is too much stupidity and lack of real information. Bill Gates has used more of his riches on world health than most. Asking some people on here to educate themselves is like asking POTUS to believe in basic science. This is getting worse because of incompetance and people are dying.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-24/trump-s-handling-of-coronavirus-approved-by-60-in-gallup-poll-k86e29ot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-27 03:27 by donvis.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 27, 2020 04:47

I think dude is serious...seriously misguided.

jb

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 27, 2020 05:40

Beast
Rockman
Yes Sara …
we should all share a thought for those trying so hard to save others …

Absolutely - the stories here about the lack of personal protection equipment supplied to our health workers are appalling and, if true, a total shame on our country. At 8 pm this evening, the nation clapped and banged pots and pans in a gesture of thanks to those brave workers, who are thought to have a bigger viral load through repeated exposure to the virus. Sickening stories too about nurses being thrown out of their rented and/or shared accommodation because they are seen as posing a health risk to others.

[www.theguardian.com]

Happened down my road too - applause, cheers, people shouting NHS, NHS - even a few fireworks.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 27, 2020 05:46

People, can we please turn down the politics out of respect for BV & what he is doing here by providing us a forum? Personally, I have some views but don't/won't put them here. There is enough pain & suffering in the world under normal circumstances. Now that is exponentially worse. Let's please try to stick with the facts not opinion that way no one gets offended or hurt.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 27, 2020 07:58

crholmstrom
People, can we please turn down the politics out of respect for BV & what he is doing here by providing us a forum? Personally, I have some views but don't/won't put them here. There is enough pain & suffering in the world under normal circumstances. Now that is exponentially worse. Let's please try to stick with the facts not opinion that way no one gets offended or hurt.

I agree, but it's difficult when our leaders keep turning this disaster into a political issue, wasting time blaming their rivals or other countries, rather than using that energy to do something constructive that genuinely has everyone's best interests at heart.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 27, 2020 10:30

crholmstrom
People, can we please turn down the politics out of respect for BV & what he is doing here by providing us a forum?

Plus 90% of the IORR crowd is not American, will not vote later this year so they really don't give a damn about "yellow suntan" or "sleepy Joe".

Believe it or not if you're in the US of A, for us, rest of the world, a Dem pres or a Rep pres don't make a big difference as they have the same (stupid and destructive) foreign policy.

Thank you! cool smiley

Stones’ silence and reputation
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: March 27, 2020 00:30

I wonder.....
With the worlds worst pandemic in living memory growing more devastating by the day and looking at what other music stars are doing online to help lighten people’s days......do the worlds greatest rock n roll band, with all their wealth, their power and their global reach, really want history to look back and say “What did the greatest rock n roll band in the world contribute?” and for the answer to be written.......”They did nothing....they gave nothing back for free”
........yes I wonder ?

Of course it is their free choice, but I do wonder if that would be what they would want.

Re: Stones’ silence and reputation
Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: March 27, 2020 00:35

Ronnie read Books on Instagram .

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 27, 2020 00:37

…. you could same the same for
any number of wealthy acts … U2 … Dylan … Kanye … Kardashians … Sean Combs

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: March 27, 2020 00:50

I think you all know what I am trying to say.
It doesn’t matter what other, lesser, artistes do......it matters what the Stones do.
Yes Ronnie does read books etc etc....but that is not The Stones.

The Stones are about music, everything else is a sideshow.

Their whole career is music, music, music.

But then weighed against a pandemic I suppose one could argue music is fairly unimportant.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 27, 2020 00:53

File under: Tabloid speculation.

In reality, no one knows what donations have been made except where those concerned have chosen to make public their 'contribution'. Or via their own registered charity (as in the case of The Estate of George Harrison).

For all we know, Stones Inc and/or The Directors may well have gifted some monies.

Date: March 27, 2020 00:54

...True

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 27, 2020 00:55

Well Mick and Keith are in different parts of the world so I don't think they're gonna get on planes to get together and "do something" in this situation.. that would be reckless

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 27, 2020 01:00

Kingbeebuzz

......it matters what the Stones do.

Streaming 'Bridges To Buenos Aires' - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .... winking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 27, 2020 01:05

I wonder what you suggest they should do? For most people, it’s neither here nor there what the Stones do or don’t do. It interests us IORR members, but others probably pay more attention to what the likes of Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran do, which is also nothing as far as I’m aware.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 27, 2020 01:27

A rooftop concert would be great. Look at another veteran band, Deep Purple. They`re sharing a new song from a coming album...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 27, 2020 01:31

So has Jackson Browne and many others. The problem is that the Stones have had nothing "new" to offer since, well 15 years really. Kinda hard to get out of a rut like that.

What can a poor boy do ? Oh wait...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 27, 2020 01:40

Ludicrous ...the world doesn't care any more than the virus does.

Date: March 27, 2020 01:50

This... the Let It Bleed album and Cherry Oh Baby
are the main ones that have kept me company over the last few weeks …

Oh and falling asleep every night to the sounds of Charley Patton …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 27, 2020 01:52

They are allowing you to buy one of their classic albums or any variety of RS merchandise on their website and use it for comfort in these uncertain times. And when they tour later this year (or more likely next) they will certainly mention the present situation and acknowledge the delay. And until then you might see a few posts on social media as well.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-27 02:09 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 27, 2020 02:15

Is this really how life is in 2020? We have to advertise to everyone, document it, and make an official statement on everything? I just don't get it. I 100% assure you I am not sitting around waiting for Mick to make an "official" statement on the pandemic.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 27, 2020 03:20

Maybe they should release "Dear Doctor 2020"

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 27, 2020 04:28

Seems like they’re keeping their distance.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 27, 2020 04:38

Don't care.
They've said plenty artistically over the year.
I'm pretty sure they are against the coronavirus. Keith might tell you that he never got any viruses when he was on the poppy.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 27, 2020 04:44

Fantastic track list there, stone66!

jb

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: March 27, 2020 05:11

Flip the Switch
They are a Rock and Roll Band
Got

No expectations..

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 27, 2020 05:56

Those who are saying: "they should do something" - what do you want them to do? They can't perform together, they are stuck on different continents and in danger from the virus themselves (indeed, gatherings of more than two unrelated people are technically illegal now in the UK). If they are giving money, they are not going to shout about it. Ronnie is doing what he can, and good for him.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 27, 2020 06:09

the Stones are all serious ex smokers...Id suggest they lay very low and isolate at this time. Peace....and stay safe everyone.

Date: March 27, 2020 08:03

Kingbeebuzz
I wonder.....
With the worlds worst pandemic in living memory growing more devastating by the day and looking at what other music stars are doing online to help lighten people’s days......do the worlds greatest rock n roll band, with all their wealth, their power and their global reach, really want history to look back and say “What did the greatest rock n roll band in the world contribute?” and for the answer to be written.......”They did nothing....they gave nothing back for free”
........yes I wonder ?

Of course it is their free choice, but I do wonder if that would be what they would want.

I thought the thing Ronnie did was beautiful.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home