Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 24, 2020 04:00

Nate
I think this lockdown will last longer than the predicted three weeks.

Nate

Double. At least.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 24, 2020 04:10

This was a very interesting article:

The Virus Can Be Stopped, but Only With Harsh Steps, Experts Say
[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-24 04:11 by JadedFaded.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 24, 2020 05:37

WelshEdge1
Nate

Nate

Double. At least.

The official line here in Australia - as frequently mentioned by our Prime Minister - is at least SIX MONTHS. And, he's most probably right.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 24, 2020 05:47

jumpontopofmebaby
Wow wee... Nancy Paloser ... Wake up America

Paloser?

Referring to this proposal?: [www.politico.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2020 05:54

cmc
The White House Press Briefing is well underway. It’s pretty clear that Trump is changing his stance on the current situation.
America is getting ready to open for business again.
(Just my opinion based on what I am hearing.)

The carnival barker won't, and mostly can't, do this.
Just an attempt to stimulate the markets (futures already up) and incite "the base".
He thrives on the division/attention this creates. Won't happen.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 24, 2020 06:56

cmc
The White House Press Briefing is well underway. It’s pretty clear that Trump is changing his stance on the current situation.
America is getting ready to open for business again.
(Just my opinion based on what I am hearing.)

No, not happening, it's not. Where do you live, cmc?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2020 09:31

JadedFaded
This was a very interesting article:

The Virus Can Be Stopped, but Only With Harsh Steps, Experts Say
[www.nytimes.com]

The White House holds frequent media briefings to describe the administration’s progress against the pandemic, often led by President Trump or Vice President Mike Pence, flanked by a rotating cast of officials.

Many experts, some of whom are international civil servants, declined to speak on the record for fear of offending the president. But they were united in the opinion that politicians must step aside and let scientists both lead the effort to contain the virus and explain to Americans what must be done.

Just as generals take the lead in giving daily briefings in wartime — as Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf did during the Persian Gulf war — medical experts should be at the microphone now to explain complex ideas like epidemic curves, social distancing and off-label use of drugs.

The microphone should not even be at the White House, scientists said, so that briefings of historic importance do not dissolve into angry, politically charged exchanges with the press corps, as happened again on Friday.

Instead, leaders must describe the looming crisis and the possible solutions in ways that will win the trust of Americans.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 24, 2020 10:12

Here is the current chart for Seattle:

Also, I live in area called West Seattle which is across the bay from downtown. The major bridge to get out of West Seattle has been closed possibly for months due to cracks in the concrete supports. On a normal day, 100,000 cars a day use this bridge. There are other ways out but they are a long detour & couldn't really handle the volume of traffic on a normal day. Incidentally but most important is there are no hospitals in West Seattle. You have to get across the water. There is another small bridge that is being restricted to transit & emergency traffic.

Date: March 24, 2020 10:46

timely message from Neil Diamond

[www.youtube.com]

The Bay Strikes Back European Tour 2020
Posted by: swaff ()
Date: March 24, 2020 03:46

Turns out Covid-19 strikes back. After a major onslaught of several European cities, members and crew alike of California Bay Area Metal bands Death Angel, Exodus, and Testament, have tested positive for the virus. Chuck Billy, Gary Holt and Mr. Will Carroll (currently in I.C.U.) stating they've tested positive since returning from Europe. Wishing all members, crew and European fans infected with Covid-19 a speedy and full recovery.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2020 11:10

This is one of the worst case virus sources in Europe from late Feb to early March:

How an Austrian ski resort helped coronavirus spread across Europe by CNN

Even after a bartender tested positive for the virus, the medical authority of Tyrol -- where ski tourism is one of the biggest economic drivers -- reiterated in a press release on March 8 that there was "no reason to worry." CNN has reached out to Franz Katzgraber, the director of Tyrol's medical authority, for further comment and not received a response.

On March 5, the day after Iceland notified Austria that Icelandic tourists had contracted Covid-19, Reykjavik added Ischgl to its list of risk zones for Covid-19 transmission, putting the risk of infection in the village on par with China, South Korea, Italy and Iran.

On March 7 -- three days after Iceland's warning -- a 36-year-old bartender at Kitzloch tested positive. Twenty-two of the bartender's contacts were quarantined, 15 of whom have since tested positive for Covid-19, the provincial government confirmed in press releases.

The most recent available Danish government figures show that out of more than 1,400 cases in Denmark, 298 contracted the virus in Austria. In comparison, only 61 cases are linked to travel to Italy, so far the hardest-hit country in Europe.

Lerfeldt reported that Kitzloch bartenders, including the 36-year-old who later tested positive for coronavirus, blew on a brass whistle to get people to move out of their way as they took shots to customers. Several customers also blew the whistle for fun, Lerfeldt said. "I can see why people would want to whistle it -- and nobody knew he was sick," Lerfeldt said.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 24, 2020 11:52

This chart is a little bit unscientific.
However it's true that many Japanese express little panic under the status quo because of our love for mask.

freebie mask with blue and lonesome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-04 09:23 by Toru A.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 24, 2020 12:03

CaptainCorella
WelshEdge1
Nate

Nate

Double. At least.

The official line here in Australia - as frequently mentioned by our Prime Minister - is at least SIX MONTHS. And, he's most probably right.

I work for the nhs in England in a communications role (not patient facing) and was told 10 days ago to expect to be working from home for 3-6 months. You can get a lot done via Microsoft teams etc in this type of job and I’ve never been as busy, but I’ve massive sympathy for those who are going to be unable to work or only work with difficulty throughout this period.

Date: March 24, 2020 12:25

crholmstrom
Here is the current chart for Seattle:

Also, I live in area called West Seattle which is across the bay from downtown. The major bridge to get out of West Seattle has been closed possibly for months due to cracks in the concrete supports. On a normal day, 100,000 cars a day use this bridge. There are other ways out but they are a long detour & couldn't really handle the volume of traffic on a normal day. Incidentally but most important is there are no hospitals in West Seattle. You have to get across the water. There is another small bridge that is being restricted to transit & emergency traffic.

Heard that last night about the W Seattle bridge.. real drag.
Hadn't realized there aren't any hospitals over there before.

In Bellingham, we had our numbers more than double on Sunday when a single nursing home, three blocks from me, had 29 positive test results come in.
23 residents and six staff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-24 12:54 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 24, 2020 12:52

Hong Kong (CNN)
"Only a week ago, Hong Kong seemed like a model for how to contain the novel coronavirus, with a relatively small number of cases despite months of being on the front lines of the outbreak.

That was in large part thanks to action taken early on, while cases were spreading across mainland China, to implement measures that are now familiar throughout the world: virus mapping, social distancing, intensive hand-washing, and wearing masks and other protective clothing.
Hong Kong was proof that these measures worked, with the city of 7.5 million only reporting some 150 cases at the start of March, even as the number of infections spiked in other East Asian territories like South Korea and Japan, and spread rapidly across Europe and North America.
Now, however, Hong Kong is providing a very different object lesson -- what happens when you let your guard down too soon. The number of confirmed cases has almost doubled in the past week.."
[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 24, 2020 13:00

CaptainCorella
WelshEdge1
Nate

Nate

Double. At least.

I thought his judgement, certainly in regards to climate change was not very good?!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 24, 2020 13:37

angee

No, not happening, it's not. Where do you live, cmc?

Minnesota, USA

Date: March 24, 2020 13:49

interesting development. the governor of washington has put cannabis stores on the list of essential businesses & they will stay open during the stay at home order. maybe he wants to keep the population sedated for a few weeks.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 24, 2020 14:20

Solidariety for the spanish brothers
Sici

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: March 24, 2020 14:20

crholmstrom
interesting development. the governor of washington has put cannabis stores on the list of essential businesses & they will stay open during the stay at home order. maybe he wants to keep the population sedated for a few weeks.

I wanna be sedated...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 24, 2020 14:31

yorkshirestone
CaptainCorella
WelshEdge1
Nate

Nate

Double. At least.

I work for the nhs in England in a communications role (not patient facing) and was told 10 days ago to expect to be working from home for 3-6 months. You can get a lot done via Microsoft teams etc in this type of job and I’ve never been as busy, but I’ve massive sympathy for those who are going to be unable to work or only work with difficulty throughout this period.

Same. It's really going to start hitting home in the next week or so. My dept (IT) has to be able to maintain our core clinical systems but people are getting edgier by the day and don't want to be on site.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 24, 2020 14:44

I read this tonight in a business magazine:

“Trump is growing anxious that the plummeting stock market could cost him his re-election bid, according to the Washington Post.

The president has long touted the economy as his main argument for reelection. The pandemic threatens to upend that dynamic.”

I reckon he’s more concerned with the value of everything he holds dear. Not people. His “wealth”.

Seriously, he wants to EASE restrictions????? He’s an individual, that’s for sure. Anyone seen his family through all this? Running the country, as they ARE on the Govt payroll, or in splendid isolation? He’s a sickening individual. Sorry, I just had to vent. I pity my US friends, some of whom likeD him, but even to them, he’s showing his true child like colours.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-24 14:46 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 24, 2020 14:50

Trump, whose hotel business is losing millions, says 'I'll be the oversight' of $500 billion coronavirus 'slush fund'

12:19a.m.
One of the big sticking points in a $1.8 trillion coronavirus bailout package Senate Republicans are trying to pass is a $500 billion fund for hard-hit businesses and state and local governments. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin would decide the recipients of $425 billion of that money, and the legislation contains no new oversight provisions for how it's doled out, leading Democrats to warn that Mnuchin could use this "slush fund" to bail out politically connected corporations, GOP donors, and even President Trump's private business.

Wow... just WOW

Rod

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 24, 2020 14:51

bitusa2012

“Trump is growing anxious that the plummeting stock market could cost him his re-election bid, according to the Washington Post.

The president has long touted the economy as his main argument for reelection. The pandemic threatens to upend that dynamic.”

I reckon he’s more concerned with the value of everything he holds dear. Not people. His “wealth”.

Seriously, he wants to EASE restrictions????? He’s an individual, that’s for sure. Anyone seen his family through all this? Running the country, as they ARE on the Govt payroll, or in splendid isolation? He’s a sickening individual. Sorry, I just had to vent. I pity my US friends, some of whom likeD him, but even to them, he’s showing his true child like colours.

Money is all he knows. I can imagine he's under a lot of pressure to relax restrictions. To do that now would be massively counterproductive as the virus would spread more quickly, infect more people, cost more lives and, in the medium-term, do more damage to the economy.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: March 24, 2020 14:52

Sici
Sici

Thank you, my brother.
We are fighing hard against this awful pandemic.
We thought we had a strong Public health service and still we are suffering hard times.
Don't even want to think about a country with a weaker Public health service than ours

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-24 14:55 by spain73.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 24, 2020 15:00

spain73
Sici
Sici

Thank you, my brother.
We are fighing hard against this awful pandemic.
We thought we had a strong Public health service and still we are suffering hard times.
Don't even want to think about a country with a weaker Public health service than ours

Italy, Spain, have excellent health systems, hence the correct argument yesterday that UK needs to act now so its health system can attempt to cope with a peak

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 24, 2020 15:05

bitusa2012

Well, maybe the US Elections will get postponed, like other countries are having to do.
I cannot see it as a constitutional crisis either, the system should be strong
enough to cope.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 24, 2020 16:26

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-25 16:46 by dcba.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 24, 2020 17:18

Go Ronnie!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 24, 2020 17:25

Not sure if this has been posted but this should appeal to detail oriented people [medium.com] ;-) (clickable picture)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-24 17:27 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home