Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 16:20

676 more cases in the UK, an increase of nearly 35%. 56,000 tests conducted.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 18, 2020 16:25

crholmstrom
After over 2 weeks of trying to do so, I'm finally getting tested this afternoon.

Is it free or do you have to pay for it?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 18, 2020 16:32

dcba
crholmstrom
After over 2 weeks of trying to do so, I'm finally getting tested this afternoon.

Is it free or do you have to pay for it?

unknown. it's a retainer practice, so no charge for doctor. lab may be a different story but i have insurance. it is deductible season but i think i've almost finished that.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 18, 2020 16:41

grzegorz67
And the US-Canada border slams shut to all but essential commercial traffic.

I made the trip to Winnipeg Canada from Minneapolis USA yesterday (Tuesday), to retrieve my son from college. Successful trip. Nothing exciting to report.

The border was very quiet - three cars in the queue going north, no queue going south. Entered Canada at 1030am and returned to USA 2.5 hours later. No contact with anyone but my son and two border agents. The border agents kept their distance.

We had a cooler full of sandwiches, snacks, and drinks so we did not stop for food. Two stops only for gasoline - paid at the pump with card to avoid going inside.

Winnipeg is beginning to reduce activity as Minnesota has done. Nothing close to a lockdown, but restaurants/bars are beginning to close voluntarily.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 16:57

cmc
grzegorz67

I made the trip to Winnipeg Canada from Minneapolis USA yesterday (Tuesday), to retrieve my son from college. Successful trip. Nothing exciting to report.

The border was very quiet - three cars in the queue going north, no queue going south. Entered Canada at 1030am and returned to USA 2.5 hours later. No contact with anyone but my son and two border agents. The border agents kept their distance.

We had a cooler full of sandwiches, snacks, and drinks so we did not stop for food. Two stops only for gasoline - paid at the pump with card to avoid going inside.

Winnipeg is beginning to reduce activity as Minnesota has done. Nothing close to a lockdown, but restaurants/bars are beginning to close voluntarily.

Blimey - that's a long way to go! I actually know a Minnesotan who's permanently resident over here (UK). She's from Delano. I suppose distances like that are normal for you guys.

Glad you made it back before they pulled up the drawbridge.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 18, 2020 16:58

MisterDDDD
Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China

"Patients who were given the medicine in Shenzhen turned negative for the virus after a median of four days after becoming positive, compared with a median of 11 days for those who were not treated with the drug, public broadcaster NHK said."
[www.theguardian.com]

Thank you.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 18, 2020 16:59

cmc
grzegorz67

When you use a gas pump you should be wearing gloves.

Date: March 18, 2020 17:04

grzegorz67

thumbs upThank you!

Delano - great little town!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 18, 2020 17:04

Boris Johnson will apparently later today announce a lockdown of London.

Nate

Date: March 18, 2020 17:18

MileHigh

thumbs up. Absolutely!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2020 17:20

cmc
grzegorz67

thumbs upThank you!

Delano - great little town!

glad your 'rescue' mission worked! In the nick of time, drawbridge going up now.

Date: March 18, 2020 17:21

MileHigh
cmc
grzegorz67

As well as when you press your code when paying by card.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 18, 2020 17:30

TooTough
And the answer to a worldwide pandemic is...

GUNS! confused smiley

[www.latimes.com]

We gotta protect our toilet paper!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 17:53

Raise your glass to the hard working people
Let's drink to the uncounted heads
Let's think of the wavering millions
Who need leaders but get gamblers instead

Sorry, but Dutch authorities are praising themselves, but made some crucial mistakes, like not mentioning right from the start the Carnival event as a major virus distribution source for the corona virus. They used the term "unknown source", so people who were part of the event were mis-informed. Now it's mentioned, but ... too late.confused smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 18, 2020 17:55

They buried the lead... sad smiley (Not sure if irony is still allowed...)

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 18, 2020 18:44

I live in a small town near Turin, in the Susa Valley, 40 km from France.
The situation after 10 days at home is getting worse.
An ordinance from the mayor of today prohibits entering the parks, areas equipped for children, areas for dogs. The authorities also plan to close the food markets on alternate days to stop the infection.
They tell us that the contagion curve will only begin to change after 1 month of total closure at home

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 19:06 by Sici.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 18, 2020 19:21

schools closing fri across UK

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 18, 2020 19:24

I work in events in the UK and Apr May June now a complete wipeout

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 18, 2020 19:38

Sici
I live in a small town near Turin, in the Susa Valley, 40 km from France.
The situation after 10 days at home is getting worse.
An ordinance from the mayor of today prohibits entering the parks, areas equipped for children, areas for dogs. The authorities also plan to close the food markets on alternate days to stop the infection.
They tell us that the contagion curve will only begin to change after 1 month of total closure at home

Good luck to you and the people around you!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 18, 2020 19:46

319 deaths in ONE day in Italian Lombardy and here are people worried about a Stones Tour when it gone happen! Sorry, I'm not agree with those people.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 18, 2020 19:51

Due to an underlying health condition, I was today informed by my employer that I cannot return to work until further notice.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 18, 2020 19:54

tioms
319 deaths in ONE day in Italian Lombardy and here are people worried about a Stones Tour when it gone happen! Sorry, I'm not agree with those people.

People also need to have hope. Thinking about the possibility of a Stones tour when/if we get through the present nightmare is a kind of light at the end of the tunnel. It doesn't mean people don't care.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:04

Big Al
Due to an underlying health condition, I was today informed by my employer that I cannot return to work until further notice.

Hang in there, Big Al. I wouldn't want to be at my former job right about now. I got out in August. Be well

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:06

tioms

Does it have to be either or?

If you have two or more children and you say you are worried about one child, one day, it doesn't mean you don't care about the other(s), unless you only have a one dimensional mind. .....confused smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:07

SomeTorontoGirl
They buried the lead... sad smiley (Not sure if irony is still allowed...)

Well, so long as it wasn't the lead singer, I can live with that.............>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 20:07 by EddieByword.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:08

@ green lady,
At this moment there is no light of the end of the tunnel. We are now a few steps into the tunnel.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:12

EddieByword
Well, so long as it wasn't the lead singer, I can live with that.............>grinning smiley<

Eddie, you’re gonna get us both lynched! winking smiley

Good grief, if we’re getting punchy after just a few days in lockdown, wonder what kind of shape we’re going to be in as the weeks pass. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:19

jlowe
UK testing 10,000 a day currently.
At that rate by 2035 we should all have got done.
WHO guidelines: test, test, test.
Appreciate however that there are logistical reasons for not doing more,at the moment.

Not exactly. People need to be tested multiple times. One may test negative today and a month later positive.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:26

It is important to move on with normal life, as much as possible, and not getting too hooked on the bad numbers and all the bad news, even if we are out of work, stuck at home, with horror news on TV.

For some weeks now I have watching this crisis growing day by day, hour by hour. After some weeks, I found out it is so exhausting. I started to watch boring TV, and I do not follow all the news every hour anymore. This virus will be around us for months. May be watching the news less is more healthy.

I will still update and moderate this thread, and feel free to post about your daily life here, but please do not worry, most of us will survive these very unusual days. It may be the worst crisis since World War II, but I trust my parents survived five long dark years with World War II, I should be strong enough to handle a year or so of this nightmare.

Wash your hands often. Make sure you sleep, rest, eat and use your body, so that you are fit and at rest if or when the virus is coming to you. Don't visit people in the risk group, watch brainless TV or read books, take care of yourself both mentally and physically. Take care!

Bjornulf

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:59

Thank you, BV, you have been a reassuring voice during this time. I had a panic attack this morning, and decided I need to pull away from the news a bit too. Watching The Great British Baking Show, which is a very calming thing to do when I am not working (I am a freelance graphic designer, so working from home is my norm.) Be well all my Stones friends!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home