Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:36

Still not sure why the Rolling Stones tour is listed in this thread given there is a specific thread for the tour. Now that the tour has been postponed this thread should be strictly about the pandemic. Just my 2 cents

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:49

Not yet officially announced, but according to a reliable insider information source, Glastonbury 2020 is cancelled.

“The day the music died”

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:51

PalaisRoyale
Still not sure why the Rolling Stones tour is listed in this thread given there is a specific thread for the tour. Now that the tour has been postponed this thread should be strictly about the pandemic. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the suggestion.
Subject changed into:
"Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world"

PS. This thread is still very much On Topic, due to the Stones tour relevance, so no "OT" prefix here, in case some think I am going senile...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 21:53 by bv.

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:58

Thanks BV. We are all stones fans on this site but the seriousness of what all the countries are facing has brought us to this thread also. You have done a great job with all of your information on this matter.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:07

Belgium: lockdown on Wendsday (BBC 20:26)
New York City: de Blasio: be prepared for shutdown - maybe within next 48 hours

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 22:12 by MAF.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:11

Covig 19 is the silent enemy that nobody as yet has a cure for.
Italy Spain and now Germany have been trying to slow it down by creating a 3 week slow down window but so far that has not worked.
I live in the U.K. and most people think that it will be over in next 2/3 weeks.
That is absolute tripe as it has just killed another 14 people in the in the UK in the last 2 days.( total 71 )
It is due to start peaking in next 10/14 days and Government are saying that worse case scenario is 250.000 people being killed by this horrible virus in the UK..
The U.K. government has been saying and instigating by their actions and implemented plans which they cant guarantee will work
The UK streets are almost empty at present but come Friday/Saturday that is the ripe time for all the young guys and girls to get their Rocks Off.
For the UK not to instigate a total shutdown at the airports and docks smarts of either
not really knowing what they are doing or looking after their rich friends.
This is an invisible killer virus that first appeared in China December 2019.
It is concentrating on central Europe at present but your own USA has also started to feel its effects.
For a virus to make its way from the far east to Europe and the USA .
As for Japan continuing to state that the Olympics starting in August 20 is a nation not taking COVID-19 is just walking away from the problem hoping that some other country will kill this virus off.
Some new news from Japan -

A member of Japan’s Olympic Committee has tested positive for coronavirus, adding to growing pressure to postpone or cancel Tokyo 2020
Kozo Tashima, 62, is also the head of Japan’s football association and said he has tested positive for coronavirus.
“Today, my test result showed positive for the new coronavirus," Tashima said in a statement, issued via the Japan Football Association.
This horrible killer virus has even got the Iranians releasing 85,000 prisoners from jail ( with trackers ) then this is a far more serious problem that we can provide a solution to quickly enough.

Wikipedia shows -

Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that are typically mild, such as some cases of the common cold (among other possible causes, predominantly rhinoviruses), though rarer forms such as SARS, MERS, and COVID-19 can be lethal.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:46

European Union is closing the borders.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:02

Lockdown in France since 12PM today, streets are very quiet, almost seems normal, amazing how quickly we adapt ! Seems extreme but it's hard to argue it's not for the best at this moment in time. Everyone hang tight !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:10

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 18 March 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:17

Mick's message:

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:25

lockdown in switzerland since yesterday. all restaurants, bars, shops closed (except pharmacy and foodstores and haha switzerland: banks) unfortunately people still dont take it too serious its unbelievable. hugging to say goodbye, taking public transportation, etc. oh well... we soon will have total lockdown and ban of leaving the house..yawning smiley

Date: March 17, 2020 23:34

THE AGE --- 18 March 2020

ROCKMAN

Date: March 17, 2020 23:54

----------->>>>>> [time.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2020 00:25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 00:54 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 18, 2020 01:16

Rockman

This great news if it is really true! If we can flatten the curve long enough, perhaps it will mutate over time. There is hope!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 18, 2020 01:21

MAF

New York City: de Blasio: be prepared for shutdown - maybe within next 48 hours

Governor Cuomo says it’s not happening. New York State law a mayor can not make that decision only the Governor.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 18, 2020 01:53

keithsman

Can't for the life of me work out why old people couldn't stay isolated while the rest of the world goes about their daily business and carry on as normal, keeping the home fires burning . I mean the poor people on the checkouts have to carry on with everyone sneezing and coughing all over them. Over the course of a few weeks people would have beat this virus and built up an emunity, it's what humans do to survive. What use is it all hiding out the way, as soon as we come back out again it will kick off again, only we won't have an economy left, nothing will ever be the same. Where I live the supermarkets are empty with people panic buying, this is a nightmare that's only going to get worse with these draconian measures . 70 dead in the UK, exactly the same amount of people who died from normal flue the previews year over the same two week period. Nothing unique about this virus imho, yes it will kill a small proportion of sick and elderly, but no its doesn't kill young children or expectant mothers, it's not the end of the world. I know it's a terrible virus, it's devastating, but things have to carry on, just protect the elderly, shop for them, leave the shopping outside for them and keep your distance, but why have complete lockdowns of country's, it's unsustainable on everyour level without causing more problems than the virus it's self.
Just can't believe that everyone buys into all this bullshit. If you knew the true amount of people infected ( 10 times greater than we are being told ) you would work out mathematically that it has a death toll of 0.1 % the same as normal flue. In the UK they are only testing sick people in hospital, so it's obvious that it's not 2000 people infected , more like 20,000, do you follow what I'm saying.
OK rant over, there is no sure fire way of knowing how to deal with this, and I'm sure all these governments and leaders will sleep easier having over reacted as opposed to not doing enough and causing unessesary deaths, it is what it is, but damn it's one sided on this throughout the media etc.

Have you had your head in the sand? Have you not heard what has happened in Italy and now Spain?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 04:42 by georgeV.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 02:10

Big Al
Am I really the sole IORR’ian in ‘isolation’? I was hoping I wouldn’t be alone!

You are not alone. Me too.
But I go out only to work in a Spanish public health service unit every afternoon. And get back home again.
I am afraid half the world will be shutdown soon.

Stay safe !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 02:16 by spain73.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 02:14

Deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 02:16 by spain73.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 18, 2020 02:49

bv
Death rate week-to-week from the coronavirus

@bv,
to fill in two blanks in your table (Austria, March 9):

Austria, March 9, xxpm:
confirmed positives: 112
deaths: 0 (zero)

Let me add a note on the March 16 numbers respective Austria: The number of 1.018 positives is in fact the total number of positives on March 16. The total number of positives on March 17 was already 1.332. That is, depending on what time zone 10am refers to, there were probably no new numbers published by that time on that day.

In case you're interested, here's a site [www.trendingtopics.at] that gives you Austrian Corona data for each day starting with the first positive tests:
- the number of tests day by day, starting with the day of the first confirmed positives
- the number of positives day by day, starting from day one (i.e. first positives tests on Feb 25)
- new positives for each day, starting from day one
- total of positives in each province
- the number of recuperated persons day by day
- the number of deaths day by day

The numbers are the official numbers as published by the Ministery of Social Affars, Health, Care and Consumer Protection.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 18, 2020 02:52

keithsman
...why old people couldn't stay isolated while the rest of the world goes about their daily business and carry on as normal...

Are you gonna tell them...?

Now,seriously...did you follow anything what's going on ?

Just an example...Germany closed schools and kindergarten monday...what happened in towns,parks
and playgrounds not once but numerous times was gathering of people walking talking hugging around,
some even celebrating corona partys...unbelievable.
That's nothing to do with panic,angst or hysteria...this is simply stupid if you really want to slow down the transfer rate of that virus...and some people refuse to think...
Simply isolate old(er) people is not an option or the solution as you should know by now.
Social distance...consequently...but some might learn it just the hard way...unfortunatly.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: March 18, 2020 03:23

PalaisRoyale
Thanks BV. We are all stones fans on this site but the seriousness of what all the countries are facing has brought us to this thread also. You have done a great job with all of your information on this matter.

I agree, your information sourcing has been impeccable, very comprehensive.

If you don't work in Public Communications you've definitely skipped a calling.

Stay safe, time for listening to your collections

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 18, 2020 03:37

Increasing numbers of young people are being infected in countries other than China. Young people even without symptoms can be carriers. The idea that all we need to do is quarantine old and sick people is dangerously ignorant.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 18, 2020 04:15

Aquamarine
Increasing numbers of young people are being infected in countries other than China. Young people even without symptoms can be carriers. The idea that all we need to do is quarantine old and sick people is dangerously ignorant.

Agreed. All those old people who died early on in Kirkland were in a nursing home, for God’s sake. They weren’t out and about.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 18, 2020 04:55

MAF

Closing borders is a false sense of security. Social distancing is way more important.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2020 05:01

Koen
MAF

Closing borders is a false sense of security. Social distancing is way more important.

Canada and US reportedly in final stages of talks agreeing to close the border.

I can certainly understand Canada's desire to do so especially between Washington and BC, but agree it may not affect numbers much. It will free up some grocery store and Costco aisles here near the border though.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 18, 2020 05:10

Big Al
Am I really the sole IORR’ian in ‘isolation’? I was hoping I wouldn’t be alone!

I guess by now one half of the Eurpoean IORRians is in 'isolation', with the other half (and other parts of the world) soon to follow.

In a TV interview earlier today, the president of the Robert Koch Institute estimated that 50% of all Corona infections remain undetected because the infected persons stay free of symptoms. I don't know what this estimate (50%) is based on but that some infected people go undetected because they do not get actually ill (but still are contagious) was already known so it's clear there is a dark figure.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 18, 2020 07:11

stones40

I live in the U.K. and most people think that it will be over in next 2/3 weeks.
That is absolute tripe as it has just killed another 14 people in the in the UK in the last 2 days.( total 71 )
It is due to start peaking in next 10/14 days and Government are saying that worse case scenario is 250.000 people being killed by this horrible virus in the UK..
The U.K. government has been saying and instigating by their actions and implemented plans which they cant guarantee will work
The UK streets are almost empty at present but come Friday/Saturday that is the ripe time for all the young guys and girls to get their Rocks Off.
For the UK not to instigate a total shutdown at the airports and docks smarts of either
not really knowing what they are doing or looking after their rich friends.

As you say, total tripe.

If you look at this BBC web page [www.bbc.com] and read it, and then if you want follow the link there to the original published scientific paper out of Imperial College London, you'll see that Boris' original policy was predicted to result in 250,000 deaths.

Which supports the statement in your final sentence.

I saw that (full) paper yesterday morning (I have a mate at IC) and I was absolutely horrified. I fail to understand why that 250,000 number - clearly on the BBC site with validation - has barely raised a stir.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 09:08

Rockman

....so, it could STRENGTHEN too?

Rod

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 18, 2020 09:23

And the answer to a worldwide pandemic is...

GUNS! confused smiley

[www.latimes.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home