Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:30

Elton John postponed all dates in the US till 2nd May.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:33

MAF

Ahhhh, hope for the May 8 show then!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:34

For the insurance posts: insurance covers sunk expenses, cancellation fees, etc. not the revenue/profit the tour would have generated

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:38

Send It To me
For the insurance posts: insurance covers sunk expenses, cancellation fees, etc. not the revenue/profit the tour would have generated

Of course. Still likely a pretty substantial payout.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:40

Green Lady
Big Al
So who else here is currently self-isolating?

I experienced - what I initially thought to be, anyway - flu-like symptoms this past Friday afternoon. It was almost an attack, actually. I’m feeling much better, but I cannot return to work for a week. I’m climbing the walls already.

I had the news today that a young man at our office is self-isolating at home with high fever and a nasty cough - I was last in contact with him last Tuesday, but I am planning to self-isolate until I am sure I have not caught anything. We don't know whether he has Covid-19 because they won't test him unless his symptoms become much more serious, but I'm not taking any chances: I have a lot of elderly friends.
I flew domestically last week, so I've been on edge the last few days. I feel fine, but now every little sniffle, odd sensation in my throat, or quick cough is giving me pause.

I'm almost certainly fine but in this type of situation, your mind starts to play tricks on you. My company is working from home for the next two weeks at least, so I don't have to go out aside from groceries every few days.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:51

FrogSugar
MAF

We can all pretty much guarantee you that May 8 will not happen.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:55

georgeV
FrogSugar
MAF

We can all pretty much guarantee you that May 8 will not happen.
Yep. I think the US are still at the beginning of the Corona wave and it will not be finished in May or June.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:59

Paintmonkey, THINKING prompted my post! I am speaking for the thousands of fans who bought tickets and would have come from foreign countries, not only out of concern for myself. Stones fans are NOT typical fans....their fan base is everywhere and they are unusually adapted to traveling thousands of miles to get to their concerts. I understand their first show is May 8 in San Diego but that is 6 weeks away and the U.S Govt has extended all kinds of bans and restrictions WELL BEYOND May 8....so it would seem that the cancellation should be made now..even though as most would agree, it seems pretty obvious. It's bullshit to say maybe I shouldn't have bought my ticket!! Do you think I'm alone in expecting a quick resolution? Do you think thousands of fans don't WANT their $500+ BACK ASAP regardless of their economic condition? Dumb statement. And of course I don't think of that $$ as an investment. Maybe the rich fans need a better appreciation for the SALT OF THE EARTH fanbase!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:01

POSTPONED

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 19:01 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:02

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:04

‘We will see you very soon!’
I am very, very, very happy with that sentence!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:06

MisterDDDD

Not unexpected news, but love the positive tone they have engendered!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:23

Tour is officially postponed

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:35

donvis
Tour is officially postponed

Now all the nitpicking over the timing of the announcement can stop! lol

And again, if in a month you are experiencing a full pandemic situation where you live, then put on your mask, protective goggles, and your gloves when you have to go out and shop for food.

And the mask is not the rectangular cloth surgeon's type mask, but an N95 or better mask and it should have the diaphragm valve for when you exhale.

If it gets really bad I am not even going to go out and instead I will be boiling rice and throwing in some beans for protein and waiting it out.

Date: March 17, 2020 19:37

Well, the "We will see you soon" is at least promising that they do plan to hit the road again.
Sure beats some of the other things they could have said.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:45

grzegorz67
Reports of 50,000 masks having been stolen by thieves in Germany, intended for a hospital in Cologne.

How low can you go?

I'm sure humanity can/has/will go lower...crises always bring out the best/worst in us.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:57

For tour talks, please use the Stones Tour 2020 Thread.
For coronavirus talks, please use this thread.
They are both sticky on the IORR Tell Me home page.
Thank you!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:02

The Corona virus has... (now go to the other thread where I will continue and mention the tour...)

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:10

So now we can start a new thread of 49 pages about the speculations of the new Tour dates.. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:13

Am I really the sole IORR’ian in ‘isolation’? I was hoping I wouldn’t be alone!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:17

No big Al. San Francisco has now issued a shelter in place order. My duagher's workplace (restaurant) has closed and everyone laid off and we are only meant to go out to buy food for for essential reasons. My friend in spain is in day 4 of total lock down.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:32

The UK's Chief Scientific Officer states today that 20,000 deaths in the UK would be a "good outcome" Current figure= 71. China= 3226.
Another organisation states 250,000 as a potential end figure (presumably having taken into account the current measures).
I believe the death rate from seasonal flu in the UK is around 10,000 per annum, not certain

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:39

jlowe
The UK's Chief Scientific Officer states today that 20,000 deaths in the UK would be a "good outcome" Current figure= 71. China= 3226.
Another organisation states 250,000 as a potential end figure (presumably having taken into account the current measures).
I believe the death rate from seasonal flu in the UK is around 10,000 per annum, not certain

Sobering isn’t it.

Nate

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:52

Sjouke
So finally Switzerland announced the shut down as well... several cantons already went ahead, but now the federal government is acting... the country has (together with Norway) one of the highest number of infections per head (except for Italy).

the announcement takes a while, with 4 official languages though ;-)

sjouke

Yes, I have relatives in Switzerland and they report on the very difficult situation there. Second highest infection rate, after Italy. I wonder why?

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:04

Big Al

Nope, we are at home in San Diego for the duration. Looking into home delivery for groceries. I am turning 70 next month—the Stones tour was a huge gift for me this year, am willing to wait it out to see them again.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:04

Big Al

i am too

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:07

keefriff99
Green Lady
Big Al
So who else here is currently self-isolating?

I experienced - what I initially thought to be, anyway - flu-like symptoms this past Friday afternoon. It was almost an attack, actually. I’m feeling much better, but I cannot return to work for a week. I’m climbing the walls already.

I had the news today that a young man at our office is self-isolating at home with high fever and a nasty cough - I was last in contact with him last Tuesday, but I am planning to self-isolate until I am sure I have not caught anything. We don't know whether he has Covid-19 because they won't test him unless his symptoms become much more serious, but I'm not taking any chances: I have a lot of elderly friends.
I flew domestically last week, so I've been on edge the last few days. I feel fine, but now every little sniffle, odd sensation in my throat, or quick cough is giving me pause.

I'm almost certainly fine but in this type of situation, your mind starts to play tricks on you. My company is working from home for the next two weeks at least, so I don't have to go out aside from groceries every few days.

I know what you mean - I still have the remains of an attack of bronchitis from about a month ago, and trying to decide whether the tickly cough is that or something more sinister is ... difficult.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:10

Big Al

hunkering down in sf bay area

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:29

This thread`s postings are as hefty as during a Stones concert.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:33

Not surprising, sad really because there is no guarantee all the Stones will be able to do another tour next year. At their ages another year is a long time for each of them to be in the shape that's needed for a tour.

Can't for the life of me work out why old people couldn't stay isolated while the rest of the world goes about their daily business and carry on as normal, keeping the home fires burning . I mean the poor people on the checkouts have to carry on with everyone sneezing and coughing all over them. Over the course of a few weeks people would have beat this virus and built up an emunity, it's what humans do to survive. What use is it all hiding out the way, as soon as we come back out again it will kick off again, only we won't have an economy left, nothing will ever be the same. Where I live the supermarkets are empty with people panic buying, this is a nightmare that's only going to get worse with these draconian measures . 70 dead in the UK, exactly the same amount of people who died from normal flue the previews year over the same two week period. Nothing unique about this virus imho, yes it will kill a small proportion of sick and elderly, but no its doesn't kill young children or expectant mothers, it's not the end of the world. I know it's a terrible virus, it's devastating, but things have to carry on, just protect the elderly, shop for them, leave the shopping outside for them and keep your distance, but why have complete lockdowns of country's, it's unsustainable on everyour level without causing more problems than the virus it's self.
Just can't believe that everyone buys into all this bullshit. If you knew the true amount of people infected ( 10 times greater than we are being told ) you would work out mathematically that it has a death toll of 0.1 % the same as normal flue. In the UK they are only testing sick people in hospital, so it's obvious that it's not 2000 people infected , more like 20,000, do you follow what I'm saying.
OK rant over, there is no sure fire way of knowing how to deal with this, and I'm sure all these governments and leaders will sleep easier having over reacted as opposed to not doing enough and causing unessesary deaths, it is what it is, but damn it's one sided on this throughout the media etc.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home