Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:31

MisterDDDD
Lots of experimental vaccine testing going on around the world.
Would be nice if one struck lightening, even if would still take many months to become available.

SEATTLE (AP) — U.S. researchers gave the first shot to the first person in a test of an experimental coronavirus vaccine Monday -- leading off a worldwide hunt for protection even as the pandemic surges.
[apnews.com]

You may test an experimental vaccine at your own risk, but it will not be available for people in the risk groups until the end of the year, or next year, at the earliest, according to experts as interviewed on CNN today.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 19:32 by bv.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:36

bv
MisterDDDD
Lots of experimental vaccine testing going on around the world.
Would be nice if one struck lightening, even if would still take many months to become available.

SEATTLE (AP) — U.S. researchers gave the first shot to the first person in a test of an experimental coronavirus vaccine Monday -- leading off a worldwide hunt for protection even as the pandemic surges.
[apnews.com]

You may test an experimental vaccine at your own risk, but it will not be available for people in the risk groups until the end of the year, or next year, at the earliest, according to experts as interviewed on CNN today.

Indeed.
I shortened that to "many months", when in reality it is widely thought to be 12-18 by the experts.
Encouraged to see the experimental testing begin in earnest though.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:43

At last Boris is changing his tune somewhat. No lockdown as yet, but working from home is advised and social distancing is also 'advised'. Not yet enforced. But I think it's coming. He talks of 'drastic action'.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:44

Nate
Europe apparently about to close borders to all foreign travel.

Nate

Wise decision... coming a month too late. How many lives the EU spirit of indecision will have costed? 10000?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:48

dcba
Nate

Nate

Wise decision... coming a month too late. How many lives the EU spirit of indecision will have costed? 10000?
We're doing no better in the USA. Zero leadership at the top, but a lot of governors and mayors are stepping up big-time.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:56

French president to announce a 45 day lockdown an hour from now (source: brother in law of friend is in military and already has this information, TV press already likely has this info and is likely ordered or obligated to say "the President might..."). Army being called into Paris to enforce this. It will start on Wednesday, people have Tuesday to get their shit together, prepare and decide where the want to be locked down starting Wednesday.

I'm livid...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:59

grzegorz67
At last Boris is changing his tune somewhat. No lockdown as yet, but working from home is advised and social distancing is also 'advised'. Not yet enforced. But I think it's coming. He talks of 'drastic action'.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

They advise against all social contact for everyone and then say schools are remaining open.

Pathetic

Nate

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:07

Nate
grzegorz67

[www.bbc.co.uk]

They advise against all social contact for everyone and then say schools are remaining open.

Pathetic

Nate

Yup. Their thinking being that kids aren't badly affected by it. But strangely enough, they go home to their parents, and often, grandparents. The word on the street is that they're trying to hang on for the Easter holidays (3 weeks away) for an extended school lockdown because most parents have childcare plans in place for that in advance.

Boris really is making a right arse of this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 20:09 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:25

In Italy schools should resume on April 6th.
I think it won't be, it's too early, unfortunately.
But the online lessons work fine and the school teachers are happy with the boys' commitment.
I hope England follows what other states are doing
Sici

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:29

Canada closes the borders for foreigners.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:31

grzegorz67
Nate
grzegorz67

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Pathetic

Nate

Yup. Their thinking being that kids aren't badly affected by it. But strangely enough, they go home to their parents, and often, grandparents. The word on the street is that they're trying to hang on for the Easter holidays (3 weeks away) for an extended school lockdown because most parents have childcare plans in place for that in advance.

Boris really is making a right arse of this.

Kids can carry it and give it to teachers who then go home and give it to family.
This policy is actually disgusting it’s simply about keeping the economy going as much as possible for as long as they can get away with it.

Nate

Date: March 16, 2020 20:31

The Stones are getting behind the PR curve with their tour update announcement....

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:41

MAF

US citizens exempted.. for now.
[www.cnbc.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:55

MisterDDDD
MAF

[www.cnbc.com]

They're getting quite a bit of flack for that decision...weren't really able to say why US was exempted. Trudeau reserved right to change that should he feel Canadians at risk.

But yeah, the exemption decision doesn't make sense.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:58

keefriff99
dcba
Nate

Nate

We're doing no better in the USA. Zero leadership at the top, but a lot of governors and mayors are stepping up big-time.

Actually it's because we have no federal public health system in the US -- the NY Times had an excellent article about how people have been predicting a crisis like this for decades for this reason -- all the power is at the local level, not even the State level. Governors and mayors, etc are acting because they are the ones who have the power to act. Our system sucks and has for, in the words of the NY Times (yesterday, look it up) for centuries.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:02

Sici
In Italy schools should resume on April 6th.
I think it won't be, it's too early, unfortunately.
But the online lessons work fine and the school teachers are happy with the boys' commitment.
I hope England follows what other states are doing
Sici

Good luck! Please keep us posted on news from Italy.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:06

MisterDDDD
MAF

[www.cnbc.com]

My son is in Winnipeg, Canada for college. I live 7 hours (drive) away in Minneapolis, USA. Hopefully the border remains open for another day! My plan is to drive up tomorrow/early morning and pull him out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 21:34 by cmc.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:09

Extraordinary times.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:10

Idris Elba has tested positive. James Taylor / Bonnie Raitt concerts next month postponed.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:13

French lockdown only for 15 days minimum, not as brutal as the info I got earlier, but starts tomorrow at noon.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:26

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
MAF

[www.cnbc.com]

They're getting quite a bit of flack for that decision...weren't really able to say why US was exempted. Trudeau reserved right to change that should he feel Canadians at risk.

...especially since Canada doesn't share a border w/ anybody OTHER than the US.

I guess they mean all "entries" (ie. air/sea).

closing US-Canada is gonna be tricky b/c the border is huge, lots of entry-points, lots of dual-citizens, lots of cross-border businesses and residents.

it doesn't make much sense to me to close US-Canada border....it's basically like closing the border between 2 US states.

but...whatever...I'm not in charge and people who are want to appear they are doing something.

personally, I think we'd be best served telling people who live in cities who CAN evacuate to rural, less-populated areas (ie. have homes in places like Upstate NY), should do so.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:31

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:36

stickyfingers101
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
MAF

[www.cnbc.com]

...especially since Canada doesn't share a border w/ anybody OTHER than the US.

I guess they mean all "entries" (ie. air/sea).

closing US-Canada is gonna be tricky b/c the border is huge, lots of entry-points, lots of dual-citizens, lots of cross-border businesses and residents.

it doesn't make much sense to me to close US-Canada border....it's basically like closing the border between 2 US states.

but...whatever...I'm not in charge and people who are want to appear they are doing something.

personally, I think we'd be best served telling people who live in cities who CAN evacuate to rural, less-populated areas (ie. have homes in places like Upstate NY), should do so.

I believe Trudeau said cargo/trade from other countries still ok, so this would just be 'visitors'.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:43

I have been watching several news channels lately, like Norwegian TV stations, of course, but also BBC, CNN, Rai (Italian) etc. This week, and especially today, the news are ONLY from our own country. It is like the entire outside world does not exist.

The main channel NRK had their main news 7pm-8pm, all about Norway coronavirus issues and emergency economy packages, except 5 minutes about German border control, the first Norwegian coronacase in Firenze Italy now free of the virus, and another European news entry. The main commercial channel in Norway TV2 did only have Norway Corona cases, nothing at all from other countries.

Rai News24 is mostly coronacases news, but I get sad from it because the situation is so serious there, so I can't watch much.

CNN and BBC are great news channels, they do also have info from other countries, not just USA and UK.

Sweden might be one of the few "open" countries in Europe, they even have the kindergartens open still.

Boris is now talking about closing down something later on in the week may be.

It is interesting to watch the news from other countries, but it seems they are now concentrating mostly on their own domestic coronavirus news.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 24FPS ()

So..........I haven't been following this thread. The Stones have rescheduled, right? If not, what are they waiting for?

Posted by: dcba ()

FrogSugar
French president to announce a 45 15 day lockdown an hour from now

There's currently a massive exodus of Parisians who don't want to be stuck in the confines of their (usually tiny) appartment for 2 weeks. Therefore they head to the countryside... where they'll spread the disease to areas that were previously clean. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 21:47 by dcba.

Date: March 16, 2020 21:57

dcba
FrogSugar

There's currently a massive exodus of Parisians who don't want to be stuck in the confines of their (usually tiny) appartment for 2 weeks. Therefore they head to the countryside... where they'll spread the disease to areas that were previously clean. cool smiley

Same here, but now they get a $2000 fine for doing so smiling smiley

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:58

MAF

I'm Canadian. Your statement doesn't provide enough information.

Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and their direct family members will be allowed to enter into Canada.
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, implored any Canadians abroad to get back to Canada, NOW. Help will be provided to citizens with costs to get back to Canada.
Any Canadian or permanent resident will be required to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival into Canada.
Any Canadian citizen trying to board a plane overseas who shows any symptoms of Covid-19 will not be allowed to board. They will have medical and housing help from Canadian government until it's safe for them to travel.

For the time being, US citizens and permanent residents WILL BE ALLOWED to enter into Canada. I suspect that will change due to political pressure at home. The US, to date, has tested less of its own citizens than Canada has.

I'm guessing Canada is waiting for the US to close its borders outright before we stop any US citizen from entering into Canada.

Please, stay safe, everyone......

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 16, 2020 22:08

dcba
FrogSugar

From what I get this is a partial lockdown. People still could go outside for buying food, see the doctor or work ...

Pour le reste , les français et la discipline LOFL...mais ils vont pas avoir le choix sous peine de €€€€

HMN

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 16, 2020 22:13

A Shelter In Place policy will be in effect starting at 12 am Tuesday until April 7 for all of the San Francisco Bay Area:

[www.sfchronicle.com]

The news is moving pretty fast, I imagine this is going on in other areas too...

One thing that sticks out in that article is that the number of cases here doubled in the last 4 days.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 23:35 by ryanpow.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1405
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home