Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2020 15:42

Tyrol Austria is the source of 513 out of the current total of total 1,295 positive coronavirus cases in Norway. Four Norwegian persons testing positive for the coronavirus are talking to the leading Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten about how the virus came into them, and how it feels today.

They are Age 33 to 59, and they went separately to ski holidays in Kitzbühel, Ischgl and Saint Anton am Arlberg, Tyrol/Austria, with return flights from Innsbruck, Austria 1-2 weeks ago. There are separate direct ski flights from Norway to Tyrol/Austria every week-end during the winter holidays.

The annual flu (influenza) hits you like a hammer almost the same hour it is getting into your body. Same day you get it, your body hurts, you catch fever, and your head is banging. You would not dream about visiting your grandparents age 80, or any other person, you would try to avoid other people same day, if you suffer from the flu.

The coronavirus have four - 4 - days of a very mild period, you will not know or feel much at all. Then it takes another week, and the pain gradually increase. The real pain, as compared to the flu pain, will often hit hard after 7-10 days. By then you may have met and interacted with 10 or worst case 100 people.

I know the below link / article is in Norwegian, but please take a look, read it, it is so clear about how the virus is working, how fast and sneaky it travels, and why the corona virus is spreading so fast, without anyone knowing.

The only way to stop is complete shutdown.

Aftenposten (leading newspaper in Norway):
Fire smittede forteller: – Føler at det begynner å bli tungt å puste
(Four people infected are telling: - It feels heavy breathing)

Line (57), teacher:
February 29th I returned from a ski vacation in Kitzbühel in Austria. When I got home, I was cold. But I had no flu symptoms, and it felt quite like three other colds I've had this winter. Nor did I have a fever. That's why I never thought of corona.

So I did a lot of different things in the first few days after I got home: I was at a concert, I met a lady of over 90, I sang in a choir in a pub and I was at work teaching 100 students in high school. I was with the doctor eventually and got treatment for sinusitis. Nor did he think of corona. But he signed me up for ten days.

Nine days after I got home, the news came that Austria was spreading and that those who had been there were quarantined. Then I was told that no one in my traveling companion, with whom I had shared a room, had had flu symptoms and tested positive. Wow, I thought, it might actually be me, too.

I called the emergency room and on March 11 I was tested. The result was positive. Then his head was full of thoughts. I thought of all those I had been with, all the places I had been. It occurred to me that I had been in contact with a huge number of people, including the 90-year-old and the mother of someone with immune deficiency. It was absolutely awful. For nine days I was inadvertently a wandering bomb.
In retrospect, five of the seven in the travel team tested positive. Some are down for counting, some have a fever, some are severely cold and limp. But no one has typical flu symptoms. I still have some symptoms myself, but it is starting to improve. I don't know if my husband is infected. But he has no symptoms, even though he lives under the same roof as me.

Håvard (33):

On Saturday, March 7, I noticed that I was starting to freeze a bit on the flight home from Austria. We had been skiing in Ischgl. I spent the night with my girlfriend one day before taking the night bus home to Stryn. On Sunday I got fever, pain in the body, colds and coughs. I was tested on Monday morning, Wednesday I got an answer. In total, we were 12-13 in the travel group, and everyone has tested positive. My girlfriend is quarantined.

Bjornulf

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: March 16, 2020 15:44

The markets should be closed for a week just like everything else.

Not sure what to make of the UK approach. Being in the US I can't really say much because I have no faith in my government. I trust the doctors. They say stay home and wait it out. Not much else to do. Meanwhile, my area has been ravaged by the flu with far more deaths. I wonder, when this is all over, how many were actually Covid-19 but we didn't have the testing.

One thing is for sure. It's not going away. Viruses don't disappear. The are always with us. Be safe.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 15:44

treaclefingers
grzegorz67
Meanwhile, the stock markets are crashing rapidly everywhere. The UK FTSE 100 has fallen by 1/3 in just 3 weeks and the Dow, which has just opened for today is now only 1,000 points above where it was at the beginning of the current presidential term. Trading in the Dow has been temporarily suspended.

It feels like today that you'll see one or two more suspensions of trading...people are selling everything indiscriminately to get liquidity.

I'm taking an absolute clobbering but I don't need access to it for a long while yet so I'm not panic selling.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: March 16, 2020 15:51

grzegorz67
treaclefingers
grzegorz67
Meanwhile, the stock markets are crashing rapidly everywhere. The UK FTSE 100 has fallen by 1/3 in just 3 weeks and the Dow, which has just opened for today is now only 1,000 points above where it was at the beginning of the current presidential term. Trading in the Dow has been temporarily suspended.

It feels like today that you'll see one or two more suspensions of trading...people are selling everything indiscriminately to get liquidity.

I'm taking an absolute clobbering but I don't need access to it for a long while yet so I'm not panic selling.

Yeah, I cant even watch it. Meanwhile, some vaccines have been mass produced this weekend in the US for testing. Hope is on the horizon but it will be a long journey.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:22

Germany is preparing the shutdown.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:27

CDC recommending no gatherings over 50 people for 2 months. Hey - I guess this is the "under 50 and Counting" tour

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:33

chris girard
How are you folks doing across the pond in Europe. I live outside DC and we are
pretty much shut down. Stores have a lot of empty shelves, and for some reason toilet paper is in short supply, people are hording it,which is pretty crazy. I was out at the grocery the other day, managed to get the food I needed without any difficulty. Stopped at wine store and they were well stocked so I loaded up in case of an emergency.No gathering of more than 50 people. They closed Broadway and a couple of places are closing movie theaters. Restaurants are open, but may have to switch to carry out only. Can't really say anything about the tour, probably will have to be postponed. Our @#$%& President is just making matters worse, sorry folks we sort of f&cked up the last election, it happens occasionally.

people not listening to advice and recommendations to practice social-distancing are making it worse....

...and the media is adding to that. Doom & Gloom, Doom & Gloom.

This is VERY serious....BUT:

98% of people recover....50% of those who had it have recovered already.

[www.aljazeera.com]

80% of people who get it do NOT need to go to the hospital (ie. symptoms = mild-to-heavy cold).

[www.usatoday.com]

This is NOT to diminish the seriousness of this...but, simply to point out IF the media reported these statistics rather than absurd speculations about what MIGHT happen (along w/ a constant drum beat of the death-toll count)....people would be calmer.

How well we handle this and how bad it gets is ON US....democracy means INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM....which means (for now) it is up to US to make the right decisions.

stop waiting for government to "fix" things...be happy you live in a democracy and have civil rights...

with so-called "freedom" comes individual responsibility - USE IT PROPERLY!

we can ALL take actions WE KNOW work.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:37

stickyfingers101
chris girard
How are you folks doing across the pond in Europe. I live outside DC and we are
pretty much shut down. Stores have a lot of empty shelves, and for some reason toilet paper is in short supply, people are hording it,which is pretty crazy. I was out at the grocery the other day, managed to get the food I needed without any difficulty. Stopped at wine store and they were well stocked so I loaded up in case of an emergency.No gathering of more than 50 people. They closed Broadway and a couple of places are closing movie theaters. Restaurants are open, but may have to switch to carry out only. Can't really say anything about the tour, probably will have to be postponed. Our @#$%& President is just making matters worse, sorry folks we sort of f&cked up the last election, it happens occasionally.

people not listening to advice and recommendations to practice social-distancing are making it worse....

...and the media is adding to that. Doom & Gloom, Doom & Gloom.

This is VERY serious....BUT:

98% of people recover....50% of those who had it have recovered already.

[www.aljazeera.com]

80% of people who get it do NOT need to go to the hospital (ie. symptoms = mild-to-heavy cold).

[www.usatoday.com]

This is NOT to diminish the seriousness of this...but, simply to point out IF the media reported these statistics rather than absurd speculations about what MIGHT happen (along w/ a constant drum beat of the death-toll count)....people would be calmer.

How well we handle this and how bad it gets is ON US....democracy means INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM....which means (for now) it is up to US to make the right decisions.

stop waiting for government to "fix" things...be happy you live in a democracy and have civil rights...

with so-called "freedom" comes individual responsibility - USE IT PROPERLY!

we can ALL take actions WE KNOW work.

We're probably 18 months to 2 years from a vaccine. So either we shut down society for two years or basically just let everyone get it and hope for herd immunity. Neither option is particularly appealing.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:41

BV, here and people do not know how and when this illness is ending. I'm asking myself when The Stones do confirm what they are going to do. IMO. NO TOUR in this year(2020).

Date: March 16, 2020 16:58

I will thank everyone for keeping the talks here in respectful and non-political manners. I know it is hard some times, but it is possible, and important, to avoid fights and riots. So far this thread is read 108,199 times, with 1,299 comments, already more comments than the 2020 tour thread.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:58

EddieByword
dcba

"Elites Are Buying These Emergency $5,000 Go-Bags To Survive Virus Crisis"
[www.zerohedge.com]

"The ultra-wealthy aren't running to Costco stores and or other big-box retailers to load up on supplies. They're hopping on private jets to disaster bunkers while the fast-spreading virus consumes the world"

I did notice an unusual amount of Dassault Falcon & Bombardier Challenger Private jets heading to the US on Flightradar24 last night...........

Chinese authorities are in fear of billionaire expats escaping Western countries and flying home on private jets. They might be contaminated with Covid19 and restart the epidemic in China once they hit "home".
Crazy huh?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 16, 2020 17:02

Thank you BV

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 16, 2020 17:03

Finland invokes emergency legislation:

-daycare still on
-schools mostly closed
-universities closed: digital/distance learning
-public gatherings of more than 10 people banned
-museums, sports venues, libraries etc. closed
-churches etc recommended to be closed-
- no visit to elderly/nursing homes or hospitals (with some exceptions)
- public servants to telework from home if their tasks permit (this concerns myself, I already grabbed my work laptop over the weekend)
- COVID-19 testing capacity increased
- critical staff's hours/vacation adjusted as needed
- more training of staff
- movement of people can be limited
- borders to be closed, except for Finnish nationals returning home
- travelers urged to come back
- goods/freight movement continues
- if return from abroad; 14 days of quarantine
- Defence Forces ordered to ensure their contingency

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 16, 2020 17:21

dcba
EddieByword
dcba

"Elites Are Buying These Emergency $5,000 Go-Bags To Survive Virus Crisis"
[www.zerohedge.com]

"The ultra-wealthy aren't running to Costco stores and or other big-box retailers to load up on supplies. They're hopping on private jets to disaster bunkers while the fast-spreading virus consumes the world"

I did notice an unusual amount of Dassault Falcon & Bombardier Challenger Private jets heading to the US on Flightradar24 last night...........

Chinese authorities are in fear of billionaire expats escaping Western countries and flying home on private jets. They might be contaminated with Covid19 and restart the epidemic in China once they hit "home".
Crazy huh?

My brother works in private aviation he told me last week that bookings were going through the roof and just yesterday he said they were having a lot of Chinese clients this weekend.
If you need to get somewhere and you have the finance then at the moment it’s the most reliable way to do so as commercial airlines are reducing flight schedules like the world has never seen.

Nate

Date: March 16, 2020 17:23

Europe apparently about to close borders to all foreign travel.

Nate

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: March 16, 2020 17:47

I am VERY glad to have this thread to see how everyone is fairing in different parts of our world. It seems more real than watching the TV news or visiting news websites. Keep it up.

I live in the Philadelphia suburbs where everything is shutting down like elsewhere; schools, restaurants, all gatherings, etc. Many are working from home if they can which I am doing. I am officially retired but work as a consultant in the medical field so it's not a hardship. So far the actual number of cases and deaths in our area are relatively low but that's an artifact of low testing.

Almost a year ago, my wife and I booked a trip to Norway and Iceland for this June. I predict that will be cancelled which makes me sad but we are otherwise lucky to be self-sufficient. Likewise, it's hard to imagine Stones not at least postponing No Filter 2020.

I miss sports on TV and would have attended Phillies baseball opening day. My adult son jokingly suggested I come over to his house and watch him play sports video games.

Best wishes and hopes for all of you everywhere.

HBK

Date: March 16, 2020 17:51

tioms
BV, here and people do not know how and when this illness is ending. I'm asking myself when The Stones do confirm what they are going to do. IMO. NO TOUR in this year(2020).

Yes it is almost impossible to look at rescheduling when you are only guessing when this news will be over

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 17:53

I've just been for a walk into town in my lunch hour (Swindon, Wiltshire, UK). Yep ,you guessed it, no toilet roll or hand sanitiser to be seen anywhere...

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:12

So finally Switzerland announced the shut down as well... several cantons already went ahead, but now the federal government is acting... the country has (together with Norway) one of the highest number of infections per head (except for Italy).

the announcement takes a while, with 4 official languages though ;-)

sjouke

Date: March 16, 2020 18:13

Report just now on BBC radio here in the U.K.

Isis have advised all followers to avoid entering Europe for the purpose of attacks for fear of the Coronavirus.

Nate

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:18

bv
Tyrol Austria is the source of 513 out of the current total of total 1,295 positive coronavirus cases in Norway. .

In my town here in Germany 9 out of the first 10 corona cases had returned from Ischgl in Austria. It sucks that this ski travel brings us to our knees.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:18

Nate

Isis have advised all followers to avoid entering Europe for the purpose of attacks for fear of the Coronavirus.

Nate

that almost seems like a joke.

Date: March 16, 2020 18:26

treaclefingers
Nate

Nate

that almost seems like a joke.[/quote

They do have a newsletter they send out to followers.

Nate

Date: March 16, 2020 18:27

W.H.O. General Director in press conference from Geneva, Switzerland right now:

Test, Test, Test

Test every case, locate every source of the virus, contain the source and every case. That is the only way to fight the virus, as done successfully in China, South Korea, Singapore.

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:30

Great public service article from the WaPo, "Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponetially and how to flatten the curve." Worth reading and sharing.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Date: March 16, 2020 18:49

The U.K. government will give a live television update within the next hour setting out new measures to tackle the virus.
Given their ridiculous lack of action so far I’m not expecting much maybe just an increase of hand washing from the current sing happy birthday twice advice upgrading it to two live renditions of midnight rambler.

Nate

Date: March 16, 2020 18:52

Tyrol Austria declared high risk coronavirus area

The Robert Koch Institute in Germany has added Tyrol Austria to its list of international high-risk areas.

In Tyrol there are as of 16 March 2020, 12 p.m. 294 confirmed cases of the Coronavirus.

On Saturday, 14 March 2020 the Austrian government announced that all people who since 28 February 2020 have been in the municipalities currently under isolation should self-isolate at home for 14 days, even if they are not currently showing any symptoms.

Since, Friday 13 March 2020 the Paznaun Valley (municipalities Galtür, Ischgl, See and Kappl) as well as the municipality of St. Anton am Arlberg have been placed under isolation. This isolation will remain in place for at least 14 days.

All ski resorts in Tyrol have closed. This decree issued by the authorities will remain in place until at least 13 April 2020.

Coronavirus in Tirol: the most important questions and answers
by tirol.com 16-March-2020

BV comment:

Tyrol Austria seems to be a large source of the coronavirus to many countries in Europe. Even if they have "just" 294 positive reported coronavirus cases in Tyrol itself, as an example, a total of 513 out of the current total of total 1,295 positive coronavirus cases in Norway are traced directly back to Tyrol. This was observed through positive coronavirus test traceback work by health authorities in Norway and Sweden. When contacting Austrian authorities they were unaware of the situation at that time. The first cases in Norway appeared on flights leaving from Tyrol on Feb 29. This means the virus has been in Tyrol at least a week ahead of the date tyrol.com are mentioning as the "first" date for quaranteen placement (Feb 28).

A lot of people in Europe go to the alps like Tyrol for ski holidays, and I assume there are many cases now with Tyrol as a source. Testing and locating each and every case is essential. As I wrote in my report earlier today, a lot of people on the flights back from Tyrol via Innsbruck Airport tested positive at arrival in Norway the past two weeks, with at least three different flights.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 19:06 by bv.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:10

The California Dental Association just told all dentists not to make new appointments and to cancel existing appointments for all but emergency cases. My source is my dentist when I called today to make an appointment.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:26

Lots of experimental vaccine testing going on around the world.
Would be nice if one struck lightening, even if would still take many months to become available.

SEATTLE (AP) — U.S. researchers gave the first shot to the first person in a test of an experimental coronavirus vaccine Monday -- leading off a worldwide hunt for protection even as the pandemic surges.
[apnews.com]

Date: March 16, 2020 19:26

The Norwegian border is now completely closed for foreigners as of this Monday morning at 8am. Norwegians arriving home from abroad, since Feb 27, have to go directly into a 14 days home quarantine, not allowed to leave their home. The same quarantine goes for those who test positive for the virus, and those who have been near those who have tested positive.

People in Norway who break the quaranine rules will get a fine of NOK 20.000 i.e. $2,000, or go to jail for 15 days. The authorities in Norway are recruiting more police now, in order to control the quarantine rules.

Karantenebrudd kan gi kjempebot

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 19:59 by bv.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home