Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 14, 2020 18:57

kovach
jumpontopofmebaby
kovach
jumpontopofmebaby
My 401 K is now 200 1/2 k!!!

Ouch!!!

I lost ~$215k this month if it makes you feel better. eye popping smiley

Ouch for you also!!!

Seems to have bottomed out at -$342k. I was hoping to retire in 4 years...

Some people called me nuts but I went all to FDIC insured CDs the day before the first US government shutdown. I sold a property last year and did the same. I can sit back a d buy Delts, Marriott, Live Nation etc at 1/3 of the February highs a d ride it back up.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 14, 2020 18:57

keithsman
bv
The Rolling Stones will have to cancel/postpone the tour when they are unable to comply with their contract. There are a number of issues that may lead to this:

- UK closed from travel to USA during tour period (including rehearsals dates i.e. 3-4 weeks before May 8)
- Large crowds banned in USA from May 8 and on (may not happen until early April)
- Legal terms in the contract related to health

I expect the tour to be postponed or canceled within two weeks time, but it's all up to the legal people really.

The virus will be all over USA for months, that is the reality. No way there can be a tour this summer. We just have to wait for an announcement to come. It is sad, but they can not tour as it is now. Not now, not next month, not in the summer.

I think Mick will sit this one out a little longer before cancelling the tour, in light of a programme just watched on channel 4 there is a view that isolating the virus doesn't stop it spreading again as soon as the lockdown gets released. Meaning there isn't an answer to this virus, lockdowns are futile long term. The chain of thought that when more people have the virus the virus gets defeated is probably a more realistic response long term. The economy of Europe and America etc can't afford to stay in lockdown.

The major aim of lockdowns is to win time to prevent the medical healthcare systems from overheating and to develop vaccine and medical treatments, by slowing down the spreading of the virus. It really is not that hard to understand.

As you seem to know Mick and his thoughts extremely well, what's your take on Keith's position?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-14 18:59 by retired_dog.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 14, 2020 19:02

UK and Ireland have now been added to the travel ban.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 14, 2020 19:02

U.S travel ban extended to U.K and Ireland with effect from midnight EST Monday night, i.e. 4AM GMT.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 14, 2020 19:28

WelshEdge1
UK and Ireland have now been added to the travel ban.

Which, by definition, makes the tour impossible. An official announcement can't be far away now and is surely more likely to be a cancellation and not a postponement.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 14, 2020 19:29

keithsman
bv
The Rolling Stones will have to cancel/postpone the tour when they are unable to comply with their contract. There are a number of issues that may lead to this:

- UK closed from travel to USA during tour period (including rehearsals dates i.e. 3-4 weeks before May 8)
- Large crowds banned in USA from May 8 and on (may not happen until early April)

I expect the tour to be postponed or canceled within two weeks time, but it's all up to the legal people really.

The virus will be all over USA for months, that is the reality. No way there can be a tour this summer. We just have to wait for an announcement to come. It is sad, but they can not tour as it is now. Not now, not next month, not in the summer.

I think Mick will sit this one out a little longer before cancelling the tour, in light of a programme just watched on channel 4 there is a view that isolating the virus doesn't stop it spreading again as soon as the lockdown gets released. Meaning there isn't an answer to this virus, lockdowns are futile long term. The chain of thought that when more people have the virus the virus gets defeated is probably a more realistic response long term. The economy of Europe and America etc can't afford to stay in lockdown.

To hold that opinion you must have just consumed more drugs than the stones have in their entire history.

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 14, 2020 19:32

bv

UK just added to the travel ban.
Likely triggered a cancelation clause in the Stones contract, if that's the case seems an announcement may come sooner rather than later.

Still hoping for a postponement... not realistic I realize, but psychologically helpful at least for me cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2020 19:44

Now there's been mention of the possibility of domestic travel restrictions within the US....
Would that mean from state to state? Or county to county? Or city to city?
Or ultimately complete lockdown within your home?
Strange days.............

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 14, 2020 19:58

Ventilator Blues

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 14, 2020 20:01

Nikkei
colonial
I'm still buying concerts tickets which shows could be cancelled, today I'm getting a ticket to Herman's Hermits September show and if it does get cancelled I've still got a hard copy ticket and promo poster to frame

Ok uhm that's the spirit I guess? A poster from a show that never happened certainly could be worth something

Nikkei...thumbs up

Date: March 14, 2020 20:01

bye bye johnny
jumpontopofmebaby
FYI. Ticketmaster in some cases not giving refunds for some rescheduled concerts. Changed their policy a few days ago. Not sure how they can change it after you already purchased tickets under the old policy. But I cannot get a refund at this time. And it is BS

Information Regarding the Cancellation and Rescheduling of Live Events

[blog.ticketmaster.com]

How to get a ticket refund if your event was canceled due to coronavirus outbreak

Ticketmaster has a list of events that have been canceled or postponed. If you purchased tickets from Ticketmaster for an event that was canceled, you will automatically receive a refund to the same card you bought them with, minus UPS fees, within 7-10 business days, according to the company. You can also sign into your Ticketmaster account, select your order, select refund and choose the tickets you’d like refunded.

If an event was postponed, Ticketmaster will contact you by phone or email with the new event information as soon as it has it. If you can’t make the new date, you will see a refund button in your order if refunds are approved “by the artist, team, venue, or promoter.” More information here.

[www.usatoday.com]

Trust me I tried and was denied. Blamed it on the promoter. Kept asking to speak to their boss until I got as far up as I could. Said NO refund and a policy changed a few days ago.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 14, 2020 20:02

Why is the Stones tour still mentioned on this thread? Have a look around. This is not directed at anyone specific but people need to get their head out of the clouds. Should be the least of people's concern. I would love for things to be different but it's not reality. I get people have put out money but once the official cancellation is relayed do what needs to be done and stop worrying about what if's.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2020 20:17

Norway government press conference 6pm today:

- Norway are closing all airports and harbours Monday morning 8am
- Foreigners will be be rejected at the Norwegian borders
- Norwegian citizens are adviced to return home immediately

Statsministerens innledning på pressemøte om korona-viruset
(Prime Minister's introduction at the press conference on the corona virus)

If you do still think this will go over soon then think twice.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-14 20:21 by bv.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 14, 2020 20:17

PalaisRoyale
Why is the Stones tour still mentioned on this thread? Have a look around.

Eh....maybe because this is a Rolling Stones messageboard? Or because the threadtitle includes the letters T-H-E R-O-L-L-I-N-G S-T-O-N-E-S ? Just a guess

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-14 20:28 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 14, 2020 20:23

Hairball
Now there's been mention of the possibility of domestic travel restrictions within the US....

Besides todays mention of it at the press conference, I had heard officials talk of banning travel to Washington State earlier. Likely a few more states added to the list now perhaps.
Tough time for the tourist and restaurant industry obviously, but I was a bit shocked to see how many Seattle restaurants are shuttering now.
Tom Douglas, who owns 13 Seattle area locations, closed 12 of them the other day. All areas now I'm sure facing this, but a lot of lost jobs already out this way..

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 14, 2020 20:35

treaclefingers
keithsman
bv

It's about slowing the spread, so that the health care system isn't overwhelmed. That way, fewer people die. I saw someone on CNBC yesterday talk about it being better for the market if we just let it happen, let it have a V-shaped peak as then it will be over sooner, and probably the same number of people will ultimately get it anyway; which is what I think what you are saying.

You're absolutely right.

BUT, if you don't try to slow it down, you'll have hospitals overwhelmed, more people being turned away, not enough respirators to accommodate everyone, and get a major culling of the population. That isn't acceptable and it made me a bit angry seeing this idiot championing 'just let it happen', probably because he himself wasn't in the most 'at risk' category, and was more worried about his portfolio.

Absolutely agree, don't let it peak, contain it, manage it in a way that hospitals have ventilaters for all that need them. That is the best treatment, lockdowns should only be put in place when this scenario is out of control.

Date: March 14, 2020 20:38

jumpontopofmebaby
bye bye johnny
jumpontopofmebaby
FYI. Ticketmaster in some cases not giving refunds for some rescheduled concerts. Changed their policy a few days ago. Not sure how they can change it after you already purchased tickets under the old policy. But I cannot get a refund at this time. And it is BS

[blog.ticketmaster.com]

How to get a ticket refund if your event was canceled due to coronavirus outbreak

Ticketmaster has a list of events that have been canceled or postponed. If you purchased tickets from Ticketmaster for an event that was canceled, you will automatically receive a refund to the same card you bought them with, minus UPS fees, within 7-10 business days, according to the company. You can also sign into your Ticketmaster account, select your order, select refund and choose the tickets you’d like refunded.

If an event was postponed, Ticketmaster will contact you by phone or email with the new event information as soon as it has it. If you can’t make the new date, you will see a refund button in your order if refunds are approved “by the artist, team, venue, or promoter.” More information here.

[www.usatoday.com]

Trust me I tried and was denied. Blamed it on the promoter. Kept asking to speak to their boss until I got as far up as I could. Said NO refund and a policy changed a few days ago.

Just called them again and read the blog Only shows that will be refunded are ones that are cancelled. NO refunds given for any shows postponed or rescheduled. However the lady did say that is as of right now because of the circumstances and could possibly change. Check back in a few weeks

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 14, 2020 20:41

jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
bye bye johnny
jumpontopofmebaby

[blog.ticketmaster.com]

[www.usatoday.com]

Just called them again and read the blog Only shows that will be refunded are ones that are cancelled. NO refunds given for any shows postponed or rescheduled. However the lady did say that is as of right now because of the circumstances and could possibly change. Check back in a few weeks

They will refund for postponed shows if the new date does not fit you. A lot of new dates have not been revealed yet and that is why they act like that

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 14, 2020 20:49

Hairball

Strange days indeed, Hairball.
In the Netherlands people haven been "raping" supermarkets in the past days like mad. Watching Belgium TV the behavior there is similar. The Belgium prime minister insisted on showing warehouses on TV to prove to the people that they are filled to the top (only distribution takes two or three days longer, because normally the delivery pace is based on normal shopping behavior), but still people act like sheep, one following te other like a robot without conscious thinking. Toilet paper??? Ridiculous. It may happen in the USA too pretty soon.
Right now I enjoy listening to Aftermath with some typical human behavior kind of lyrics.
smileys with beer

Date: March 14, 2020 20:57

Adams
jumpontopofmebaby
jumpontopofmebaby
bye bye johnny
jumpontopofmebaby

[blog.ticketmaster.com]

[www.usatoday.com]

They will refund for postponed shows if the new date does not fit you. A lot of new dates have not been revealed yet and that is why they act like that

No they won’t. Mine has a new date and that is exactly what I said. I can t make the new date. They are not refunding rescheduled or postponed shows. At least what I have been told several times now. New policy as of a few day’s ago

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-14 21:00 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 14, 2020 21:10

jumpontopofmebaby...maybe wait a few days to see how things shake out.

In the alternative, you could try to sell in the secondary market through ticketmaster, or Craigslist/Kijiji

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: March 14, 2020 21:25

Does anyone have a source of the UK travel ban into US?
My friend from London says it's only for 30 days, but I can't find anything

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 14, 2020 21:27

Self deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-15 10:09 by keithsman.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: March 14, 2020 21:39

It is much easier for Norway, Denmark and much of Northern Europe to close borders because of population size but also because of the geography and existing border controls.

In America the current idea I have personally heard from an Airline pilot friend is that passenger flights in and out of California, Washington State and New York State pay be restricted. Cargo and shipping would not stop. He had heard this would be for only a week once more schools and business begin tele-work.

Meanwhile cases in the Flyover Country are small and mild. It is the coasts that are having the biggest problems.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 14, 2020 22:02

bengigan
Does anyone have a source of the UK travel ban into US?
[www.bbc.com]

Date: March 14, 2020 22:04

keithsman
Sounds like some of you guys are more interested in ticket refunds than people dying.

Ok

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 14, 2020 22:07

Taylor1
I have great sympathy for what pregnant women are going through with this virus all around them.

thumbs up I was just thinking about this (quite overlook) side of the disaster.

Date: March 14, 2020 22:09

treaclefingers
jumpontopofmebaby...maybe wait a few days to see how things shake out.

In the alternative, you could try to sell in the secondary market through ticketmaster, or Craigslist/Kijiji

Yes. I could but bought early. Wasn’t a great selling show so tickets prices got slashed and now seats all around me are 1/2 what I paid still available on Ticketmaster

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-14 22:10 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 14, 2020 22:14

treaclefingers

Italy was definitely slow to react, but it appears that the US is acting in much the same way, if not worse. It is going to get really ugly unfortunately in the next 8-10 weeks.

Respiratory device + hospital bed per 1000 habitants :

- Europe 6
- Usa 2,8/2.8

Btw this is just stating facts, not playing a game of "my country is better than yours".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home