Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: March 12, 2020 21:41

Live Nation Planning to Pause All Tours Due to Coronavirus
[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: March 12, 2020 21:46

and AEG

The competitors aligned with the biggest booking agencies in the country to mount a unified effort to address the situation. In a joint statement, executives from Live Nation, AEG, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), William Morris Endeavor (WME), Paradigm, and United Talent Agency (UTA) said they are working together to develop best practices to safeguard artists, fans, and staff in the concert industry.

“The world’s leading forces in live entertainment have come together to form a global task force to drive strategic support and unified direction ensuring precautionary efforts and ongoing protocol are in the best interest of artists, fans, staff, and the global community,” the coalition said in a joint statement. “At this time, we collectively recommend large scale events through the end of March be postponed. “We continue to support that small-scale events follow guidance set by their local government officials. We feel fortunate to have the flexibility to reschedule concerts, festivals, and live events as needed, and look forward to connecting fans with all their favorite artists and live entertainment soon.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 21:48 by artedm.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 12, 2020 21:46

artedm
Live Nation Planning to Pause All Tours Due to Coronavirus
[www.billboard.com]

People are not going to show up, so might as well cancel, rather than deny refunds and ruin their image. Economic activity is grinding down to a near minimum. What still goes on for sure is medical and every business connected with supplying food.

The US number today is 39 dead and about 30 were elderly. 26 deaths alone are from one nursing home in Washington State.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 21:48

Edit: already posted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 21:48 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 12, 2020 21:58

bv
USA are banning all travels for people from the Schengen area:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Schengen is a passport free travel zone in Europe, where you may travel and cross borders without having to show your passport every time you cross the border. Schengen is currently 26 countries. The following countries are outside Schengen: OK, Ireland, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus.

When I travel in Europe, there is no difference really, I do always bring my passport anyway, so except for the passport queue, there is not really much of a difference between the European countries vs travel.

Not quite sure why these particular countries have been excluded?
The UK statistics are 'better' than some others in Europe but that could change very quickly. From what I am aware the UK Government's response has not been as wide ranging as others.
May be it's our "Special Relationship" . LOL

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:15

What happens when they cancel the tour? They give back the money to all the fans?
Very sad news, but the band can't take any risks, fans neither. Our health first!

Benjamin.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:22

MAF
Meet & greet without handshake because of corona:

Finally the prayer greeting - I have been recommending that for weeks and this is the first time I have seen it used!! Go Ronnie and Prince P!!!

Date: March 12, 2020 22:25

Prince P?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:25

jlowe
bv
USA are banning all travels for people from the Schengen area:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Schengen is a passport free travel zone in Europe, where you may travel and cross borders without having to show your passport every time you cross the border. Schengen is currently 26 countries. The following countries are outside Schengen: OK, Ireland, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus.

When I travel in Europe, there is no difference really, I do always bring my passport anyway, so except for the passport queue, there is not really much of a difference between the European countries vs travel.

Not quite sure why these particular countries have been excluded?
The UK statistics are 'better' than some others in Europe but that could change very quickly. From what I am aware the UK Government's response has not been as wide ranging as others.
May be it's our "Special Relationship" . LOL

I guess it is a technicality, some think Schengen is too big for outer borders control. For this virus I am sure USA will close the borders to the rest of the world too soon.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-13 09:59 by bv.

Date: March 12, 2020 22:27

Mick looks like a germ-a-phobe to me. I doubt he will play any tour dates for months, until this all blows over. He will hole up for the duration in his country property in the UK. And maybe he has a few. He can do a lot of meditation. I read he goes to Thailand for this.

As Henry Vestine went into a guitar solo, Bob Hite said, "Just sit back and meditate like the Maharishi said."

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:28

MAF
Schools and/or universities/colleges to close in Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Poland, parts of Germany.

Sources: BBC and other news chanels.

And France too.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:28

German government: every event which is not neccessary should be cancelled.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 22:44 by MAF.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:30

An interesting article about the progress of the outbreak and testing delays, in particular, in Seattle.

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:42

March Madness basketball just got cancelled in the US. Huge.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:46

crholmstrom

Source?

Date: March 12, 2020 22:50

Nate
This is getting worse by the hour and the reality is this won’t be the last time this happens if these wild animal markets in Asia and other parts of the world are allowed to continue trading.
This is mother nature’s revenge.

Nate

China banned all those markets 10 days ago. Closed them down cold. iirc it was a 2 billion dollar per year business in China. It did not escape from a bio-lab.

Here is a man who has been in this line of work for 30 years. He has quite a resume. He said this disease started in Wuhan in the 3rd week of November and jumped from a Pangolin to human. This Pangolin meat coming from what are called wet markets. Wild animal markets. He said this virus left a foot print so they know when and what it came from. Like radio-isotope dating of rocks and bones. Pangolins are breeding grounds for corona viruses.

This is where you can find >>>>> Joe Rogan Experience #1439 - Michael Osterholm >>>>>>>>>> [www.youtube.com]

[www.4kdownload.com]
4K to MP3 downloader (Windows) You can download youtube to MP3 players. Buy a Sandisk 8GB if you like podcasts/ does tunes too. For long podcasts, only buy a Sandisk. Other brands are OK for tunes. I have bought other MP3 brands and found out the hard way.

Sandisk because if you have to leave a 60 minute podcast after 30 minutes, the Sandisk will bookmark automatically where you left off. IOW--- Auto-Resumes at 30 minutes in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 22:56 by triceratops.

Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:50

nellcote'71
crholmstrom

Source?

[nypost.com]

Date: March 12, 2020 22:51

nellcote'71
crholmstrom

Source?

NCAA Cancels ‘March Madness’, Other Championships Over Coronavirus - The Wall Street Journal

Bjornulf

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:57

nellcote'71
crholmstrom

Source?

Sorry. I was watching on ESPN when news came across.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: March 12, 2020 22:58

Rolling Stone article on tour insurance

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:01

triceratops
Nate
This is getting worse by the hour and the reality is this won’t be the last time this happens if these wild animal markets in Asia and other parts of the world are allowed to continue trading.
This is mother nature’s revenge.

Nate

China banned all those markets 10 days ago. Closed them down cold. iirc it was a 2 billion dollar per year business in China. It did not escape from a bio-lab.

Here is a man who has been in this line of work for 30 years. He has quite a resume. He said this disease started in @#$%& in the 3rd week of November and jumped from a Pangolin to human. This Pangolin meat coming from what are called wet markets. Wild animal markets. He said this virus left a foot print so they know when and what it came from. Like radio-isotope dating of rocks and bones. Pangolins are breeding grounds for corona viruses.

This is where you can find >>>>> Joe Rogan Experience #1439 - Michael Osterholm >>>>>>>>>> [www.youtube.com]

[www.4kdownload.com]
4K to MP3 downloader (Windows) You can download youtube to MP3 players. Buy a Sandisk 8GB if you like podcasts/ does tunes too. For long podcasts, only buy a Sandisk. Other brands are OK for tunes. I have bought other MP3 brands and found out the hard way.

Sandisk because if you have to leave a 60 minute podcast after 30 minutes, the Sandisk will bookmark automatically where you left off. IOW--- Auto-Resumes at 30 minutes in.

It’s great that China is taking action to shut down these practices but unfortunately there are many other places in the world where it’s still thriving.

Thanks for the link thumbs up

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 23:02 by Nate.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:01

Most schools in the Midwest of America (both k-12 and colleges) are going to e-learning days or extending their spring break vacations. Most are planning to return to full schedules on April 6th.

I know this because I live in the middle of this but I won't name the schools here.

This tells me we need time to let things settle and allow recovery.

That being said the Stones tour would not start until May. Therefore, I hope the band take a wait and see stance. Currently Taylor Swift and others with shows in late April are keeping their schedules.

It just might be possible that we can all return to regular life in a few weeks. Until then be safe everyone.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:03

delete...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 23:04 by mnewman505.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:05

coloradocanyons
Rolling Stone article on tour insurance

[www.rollingstone.com]

Interesting read.. reason perhaps to be optimistic (relatively) that the tour will be postponed as opposed to cancelled, which is typically the stones MO anyway,

"Essentially: Artists canceling tours are on the hook for any losses, and promoters canceling tours are likely on the hook for their losses. Postponement instead of cancellation may allow some wiggle room on the expense sheet, one booking agency source tells Rolling Stone, since it means an artist or promoter likely does not have to return all ticket fees as refunds in one go and stands a chance of recouping profits on a later tour."

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:16

The Eagles postpone next week’s Dallas concert over coronavirus concerns

[www.dallasnews.com]

Date: March 12, 2020 23:27

Postponed yes but when it is not possible to play or reschedule for another 4-6-9 months then the customer is supposed to be given a refund.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:38

bv
Postponed yes but when it is not possible to play or reschedule for another 4-6-9 months then the customer is supposed to be given a refund.

I'd actually prefer they keep my money in the interim if postponing just to avoid the hassle of trying to get tickets again.

Posted by: wilsoncrow ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:43

Here in Pittsburgh Celine Dion cancelled 2 days ago because she had a cold. She was supposed to play Friday. All professional sports here in America are shut down indefinitely. Arguably our biggest event March Madness is done. Every big St. Patricks day event is done. And here in Pittsburgh there isnt 1 case of the virus but pretty sure once it happens the hysteria will heighten by 10X. The University of Pittsburgh medical center had the first strain of the virus. They could be the best in the world at it and hopefully for all they get something that will cure this and make the world a safer place for all. And by God lets all be able to see The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World at least one more time and beat this thing!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:43

Disneyland in California is closing .... [www.nytimes.com]

"Disneyland, which employs roughly 31,000 people, has had unscheduled closures only three times since opening in 1955.
The first time was in 1963 for a national day of mourning after the assassination of President Kennedy.
The second was in 1994 after the Northridge Earthquake. The third was after the Sept. 11 attacks".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 23:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 12, 2020 23:47

kovach
bv

I'd actually prefer they keep my money in the interim if postponing just to avoid the hassle of trying to get tickets again.

Yeah.. if the contract doesn't cover pandemics, or more specifically even rules out coronavirus' as mentioned in the article, it would appear the band is on the hook for the monies spent if they choose to cancel.
If the promoters pull the plug, they are, Course every contract differs and who knows the details of the Stones agreement, but not too far fetched to assume they would originally try to postpone, hoping things stabilize by the fall and offer those wanting refunds the option to obtain them like last year.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home