Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:57

kovach
Manofwealthandtaste
The crazy thing about Trump's European travel ban is that if anyone from Europe wants to go to the USA, they simply fly via London......so not sure this policy solves much.

I was wondering that myself unless the restrictions also include citizenship, though maybe post-Brexit the UK is also doing something that restricts entry that alleviates that concern.

Be in no doubt whatsoever that the authorities will absolutely know where you have been.
Since 9/11 they share more information than you can imagine.

I’ve been banned from entering the USA myself for the past 7 years if I turned up at Heathrow with a ticket I wouldn’t even be allowed to board the flight.
Airlines will also refuse boarding to anyone they suspect will be turned away at the destination as the airlines receive big fines for allowing people in that situation to fly.

Nate

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 12, 2020 15:20

How dangerous is the coronavirus? What is the mortality rate? It is explained here, updated reports as of March 5, 2020:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Mortality Rate (worldometers)

Coronavius mortality rate in short:

+ 3.4% Mortality Rate estimate by the WHO as of March 3

+ 15% Death rate among patients admitted to hospital (HFR)

+ 2.1% Mortality rate nationwide China

Compared to other viruses:

Virus Death Rate
------------------
Coronavirus 2%
SARS 9.6%
MERS 34%
Swine Flu 0.02%
Annual flu 0.1%

I.e. the coronavirus is approx 20 times more fatal than the annual influenza (flu).

How to calculate the mortality rate during an outbreak:

At present, it is tempting to estimate the case fatality rate by dividing the number of known deaths by the number of confirmed cases. The resulting number, however, does not represent the true case fatality rate and might be off by orders of magnitude [...]

A precise estimate of the case fatality rate is therefore impossible at present.

Bjornulf

Date: March 12, 2020 15:54

DREAMTIME
MidnightDevilRambler
bv
The biggest problem with the coronavirus is when local clusters start to spread the virus, i.e. it is not coming from China, Iran or Italy, but from local superspreaders in a cluster area. So far I have seen these in USA:

King County, Washington State (Seattle) - 116 confirmed cases
New Rochelle, New York (NYC/Manhattan) - 108 confirmed cases
Santa Clara, California (San Jose) - 43 confirmed cases

Hopefully the authorities are able to contain these clusters, otherwise they will just spread further out.

...and Madison Square Garden is sold out tonight for the Allman Brothers Band tribute. I came that.....close to buying tix in January and booking a week in NYC.

Glad I didn't best wishes to those that go.

It's available as a live pay per view.

[nugs.tv]

Got it. Chose to not waste money on Nugs poor streams, mixed results on my end of stops/starts. The $29.95 should cover the DVD when it comes out.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 15:56

bv
JDSAM1994
What events that start in the month of May have been canceled or postponed?

I get they start rehearsing 3ish weeks before the first date, but I think we have a couple weeks till an official announcement is made.

They cancel 2-4 weeks ahead. I expect the tour to be off in a public statement based on legal discussions within a week or two now.

I agree with what you say. Just hoping for the best for humanity first, and then the tour.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:00

The Who have postponed their UK/Ireland tour.

Date: March 12, 2020 16:05

I don't think there will be any tours with any bands in March, April or May, not any place in the world where there are responsible leaders. Probably not in June or July. It simply takes too long for a lot of countries to slow down the spread of the coronavirus. It will not be over until after summer, or hopefully later this year.

“It will likely be a financial disaster”: how coronavirus could impact the music scene (and your festival plans) this summer

Covid-19 has created unprecedented turmoil, but what could it mean for music fans? Gary Ryan investigates (NME)

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 16:07 by bv.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:16

bv
The Rolling Stones will not be performing any shows in 2020, that is my prediction.

Maybe maybe they could spend the coming months in a confined, safe, isolated-from-the-outside environnement... like a world-class recording studio? Away from the virus, in touch with their muse?

Mick and keef are (hopefully) too old and mature to go at each other's throat when put together in the same room, so I'd expect them to come up with a great bunch of songs if they were in a studio for a decent period of time (several weeks at least).

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:18

Nate
kovach
Manofwealthandtaste
they simply fly via London......so not sure this policy solves much.
I was wondering that myself unless the restrictions also include citizenship,
Be in no doubt whatsoever that the authorities will absolutely know where you have been.

To clarify the travel ban: "apply to anyone who had been in the EU's Schengen border-free area in the 14 days before their arrival in the US."

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:21

dcba
bv
The Rolling Stones will not be performing any shows in 2020, that is my prediction.

Maybe maybe they could spend the coming months in a confined, safe, isolated-from-the-outside environnement... like a world-class recording studio? Away from the virus, in touch with their muse?

Mick and keef are (hopefully) too old and mature to go at each other's throat when put together in the same room, so I'd expect them to come up with a great bunch of songs if they were in a studio for a decent period of time (several weeks at least).

The Corona Blues Sessions

Posted by: rsvp2000 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:24

Hello Bjornulf,

CODVI-19 It's a serious issues. Here in Argentina, the authorities have cancel all concerts (Maroon 5, Metallica and some others), soccers games will be without crowd as well. All travelers coming from USA/Europe, China and some other countries have to do a quarantine of 14 days at your home If you aren't sick, If you violate that quarantine, you can have a penalty of AR$ 100K (USD 1250 aprox) or Jail.
As far as we know, are 21 infected and one death, some people believe that are more that number.

Anyway... good luck and take care your self folks!
Roy

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:27

Chris Fountain
Fox News is reporting a 30% Death Rate of Infected in Italy. Source was not cited.

Who reported this? I have checked Foxsnews.com and cannot find it anywhere in print or video. I also googled, Binged, and Yahooed around and cannot find it on any site. Maybe I’m not looking in the right places. I did see one report on Fox that reported that there were 30 documented deaths in France. I did find a video on YouTube posted on February 17th 2020 with Senator Cotton from Arkansas meeting with CDC officials with the headline Coronavirus cases have been multiplying 30% daily.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 17:00 by virgil.

Date: March 12, 2020 16:33

schwonek
Nate
kovach
Manofwealthandtaste
they simply fly via London......so not sure this policy solves much.
I was wondering that myself unless the restrictions also include citizenship,

To clarify the travel ban: "apply to anyone who had been in the EU's Schengen border-free area in the 14 days before their arrival in the US."

The Schengen area is not just the EU. 26 countries.

Date: March 12, 2020 16:33

I am working on canceling my travel plans this summer now. It is just wishful thinking to believe on a tour at this stage.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:37

Nate, is there a good story behind this that you would share? Joe

I’ve been banned from entering the USA myself for the past 7 years if I turned up at Heathrow with a ticket I wouldn’t even be allowed to board the flight.
Airlines will also refuse boarding to anyone they suspect will be turned away at the destination as the airlines receive big fines for allowing people in that situation to fly.

Nate

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:49

I think BV just tipped us off to where this tour is heading....
Safety first.
Rough 2 years for Stones tours.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:51

Nate--feel free to tell me it's none of my business, but you piqued my curiosity. How did you get banned from entering the USA?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:53

bv
I am working on canceling my travel plans this summer now. It is just wishful thinking to believe on a tour at this stage.

Well, I can cancel both hotel and flight until the day before. So I wait for the announcement - that probably is coming next week I guess.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 12, 2020 16:57

bv

Same.
Hoping now for a postponement as opposed to a straight cancelation though.
Realizing no one knows what will be happening later this summer or fall.

Selfishly hoping they salvage the gig in Vancouver and turn it into a pay per view (free to all ticket holders for the tour along with refunds)

Adding to the wishlist a new album resulting from their cancelled work time.
And a unicorn cool smiley

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: March 12, 2020 17:15

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: March 12, 2020 17:16

Gianna Nannini ist playing right now live from home on instagram for Italy's people

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 12, 2020 17:30

virgil
Chris Fountain
Fox News is reporting a 30% Death Rate of Infected in Italy. Source was not cited.

Who reported this? I have checked Foxsnews.com and cannot find it anywhere in print or video. I also googled, Binged, and Yahooed around and cannot find it on any site. Maybe I’m not looking in the right places. I did see one report on Fox that reported that there were 30 documented deaths in France. I did find a video on YouTube posted on February 17th 2020 with Senator Cotton from Arkansas meeting with CDC officials with the headline Coronavirus cases have been multiplying 30% daily.

.Disregard ANYTHING from Faux I mean fux news.

Re: Corona virus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 17:31

ThePaleRider
This is a serious issue, of course...but I'm confident a vaccine will be developed soon enough...

Soon yeah, about 1-1.5 year or so.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 12, 2020 17:37

The Juno Awards (Canada’s version of the Grammies) scheduled for Sunday in Saskatchewan, have just been cancelled.

Date: March 12, 2020 18:04

There is no need or reason for canceling bookings until information is official from the Stones. I am sure we will have more information about RS 2020 when the US authorities upgrade their health measures in accordance with the WHO recommendations announced yesterday. In short, as applied where I live, a relatively safe place, school, kindergarten, travel abroad, crowds over 500, handshakes, hugging, visiting elderly, holiday travel - all now banned as of now.

Norwegian Directorate of Health implements the following today - from 6 p.m. on Thursday 12 March until Thursday 26 March 2020

Bjornulf

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 12, 2020 18:08

A BBC report today states that in a worse case scenario 80% of people in the UK could be affected by the virus and a best case scenario is 20%.
These seem VERY high to me?
The higher figure would result from a do nothing strategy...
Meanwhile, over in the German Republic Angela Merkel caused some controversy this week by stating that potentially up to two thirds of their population could catch the virus.

Date: March 12, 2020 18:21

I am still surprised that people do not get it still.

Yes. There is a pandemi. Yes. It will be all over, unless each and every leader in each and every country take action.

Of course 20% to 70% of the entire population will get the virus unless dramatic measures are taken.

That is why general secretary of UN António Guterres announced yesterday:

UN chief urges all govts to immediately 'scale up' virus fight

"We can still change the course of this pandemic -- but that means addressing inaction," he said. "I call on every government to step up and scale up their efforts -- now."

"The best science tells us, if countries detect, test, treat, isolate, trace and mobilize their people in the response, we can go a long way to mitigating transmission," Guterres said.

His appeal echoed an earlier one by the World Health Organization, which officially labelled the outbreak a pandemic on Wednesday and blamed its spread and severity on "alarming levels of inaction".

The declaration of a pandemic, Guterres said, was "also a call for responsibility and solidarity -- as nations united and as people united."

"As we fight the virus, we cannot let fear go viral."

"As we mourn all those who have lost their lives and the many families who are suffering, we must show solidarity with the most vulnerable -- the elderly, the sick, those without reliable healthcare, and those on the edge of poverty."

The UN Security Council is scaling back its own schedule for March as a precaution against the pandemic, having already pushed back major gatherings outside of the Security Council.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 18:23 by bv.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 12, 2020 18:25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 18:30 by Irix.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 12, 2020 18:30

daspyknows
virgil
Chris Fountain

.Disregard ANYTHING from Faux I mean fux news.

This is how misinformation spreads. An unsubstantiated claim that goes viral. As BV requested its best to included links to sources otherwise its more like gossip imo.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: March 12, 2020 18:32

bv
Today I went to the grocery store at 11am in the morning, the parking lot was full, normally there are 5-10 cars there, now it was may be 40 cars. So I went to another grocery shop nearby. Same story. Parking lot full, waiting to park. Inside, everybody shopping with full bags like there was a war coming, long long queues. People does not go to work anymore. They prepare for staying at home. Finally people get it. But it took a while. Now schools close, work close, shops close, within a week we will be at home everyone.

Here in Florida I do see more people shopping during the day. Nothing like bare shelves before a hurricane though.

Date: March 12, 2020 18:33

The Health Authorities in Norway today announced a revised 46 pages report on the estimated Coronavirus development. They estimate a full epidemic spreading from May to October this year.

COVID-19-EPIDEMIEN:
Risikovurdering og respons i Norge
Versjon 3
Utbruddsgruppa ved Folkehelseinstiuttet, 12.03.2020

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10