Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 12, 2020 12:40

Manofwealthandtaste
The crazy thing about Trump's European travel ban is that if anyone from Europe wants to go to the USA, they simply fly via London......so not sure this policy solves much.

Writing from Australia where we've had this sort of travel ban for over a month....

I'd assumed that, of necessity, he had to summarise the ban. (Otherwise he'd have had far too much to read). I'm assuming that, like here, the ban actually means .... No travellers who have been in Europe (other than the UK) for any of the past 30 days. That rules out the London route.

Obviously establishing the fact of each individual traveller will not be easy, but from experience I know that the guys at the US border are pretty rigorous and will be instructed to err on the side of exclusion.

Eg. There's a travel ban here for people coming from the PRC. But there are plenty of Chinese students arriving who have spent 14+ days in a third country. No problems. That's within the spirit and the letter, and the intent of the travel ban. Most recent cases here have been brought here from the USA.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 12, 2020 12:59

The travel ban from Europe to the USA effectively rules out even US citizens retuning home if they don’t move now next week it will be too late no airline is going to be flying one way flights across the Atlantic.

Nate

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 13:01

CaptainCorella
bv
The virus is not fatal for most of us.

That's very true for the population in general.

But for males over 70 there is a significant death rate.

And I'd postulate that a big fraction of the audience at a Stones concert these days is males over 70.

Myself included.

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Just like me. "Thanks" to Trumpy we can't travel to the USA anyway (the British apparently have a secret vaccine confused smiley) so I would say (the new real vaccine may take a little longer becoming available globally ...):
SEE YOU ALL AT THE 60st ANNIVERSARY TOUR OF THE ROLLING STONES in 2022, YEAH! (The new album should be out by then).

smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 12, 2020 13:24

Sockers56
When the authorities say the virus is 10 times more lethal then the flu, are they talking about the older people with medical problems because, at the same time, I hear that most people who get it, get better? If anyone can help me understand this, I would appreciate it very much.

The coronavirus is at least 10-20 times more dangerous than the flu. There are several reasons for that. First of all, old people may take a vacciune that protect them from the flu, and another vaccine to protect vs pnemonia.

Please read my post I did just the previous few pages. On average, the fatality percent of the average flu is 0.1%, while the "reported" death rate for the flu is 3.5%. However, that rate is based on just a few of all the cases being tested, so the real fatality rate is 0.7% on average, but a lot lot higher for people age 80+, and also higher for people with a smoking history. I will try to dig out the WHO report on the fatality rate for elderly people above 70 and 80+, but I am afraid it is high, quite high, double digits may be 30-50%. But I need to find it, the link was posted here some days ago.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 12, 2020 13:25

Nate

The travel ban from Europe to the USA effectively rules out even US citizens retuning home if they don’t move now next week it will be too late no airline is going to be flying one way flights across the Atlantic.

US citizens can return home but they can only use specific Airports and have to undergo Tests:

"The restriction does not apply to legal permanent residents and immediate family members of U.S. citizens. Wolf said U.S. citizens arriving from Europe will travel through specific airports where they can undergo screening for the virus." -- [www.Bloomberg.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 13:30 by Irix.

Date: March 12, 2020 13:28

Today I went to the grocery store at 11am in the morning, the parking lot was full, normally there are 5-10 cars there, now it was may be 40 cars. So I went to another grocery shop nearby. Same story. Parking lot full, waiting to park. Inside, everybody shopping with full bags like there was a war coming, long long queues. People does not go to work anymore. They prepare for staying at home. Finally people get it. But it took a while. Now schools close, work close, shops close, within a week we will be at home everyone.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 12, 2020 13:30

Tales from Singapore, part 3:

Just got back to the UK.
This follows a NZ and Australia trip with 4 to 5 day stays at Thailand (outward) and Singapore (return).
No health screening at ANY of the Airports.
Not feeling any symptoms but cannot access Hospital/Pharmacy/GP services in the usual manner. Churches (I am not a member of one) seem to be quiet on the matter. Our local Supermarket though was more than happy to a accept my custom.
Advice and speculation re the next couple of months very confusing and inconsistent.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 13:42

What events that start in the month of May have been canceled or postponed?

I get they start rehearsing 3ish weeks before the first date, but I think we have a couple weeks till an official announcement is made.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 12, 2020 13:47

[www.ticketone.it]

Events cancelled or postponed in Italy at this moment (until early April )
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 13:50 by Sici.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 12, 2020 13:50

JDSAM1994

Los Angeles E3 Gaming Convention (June 9-11) and Las Vegas NAB-Show (April 18-22) - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 12, 2020 13:57

There will be no North American Tour in 2020 I'm pretty sure. At least not starting in May. With a little luck it will run from July to September and the last announced dates will be the first. Remember 2019?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:02

Is this Europe - US ban immediate - I just looked at Flight radar24 and as I write, an Alitalia A330 is over my house on it's way from Rome to New York?

And a Brussels flight on it's way to DC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 14:04 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:04

Ban goes to effect Friday midnight. (EST?)

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:04

EddieByword
Is this Europe - US ban immediate - I just looked at Flight radar24 and as I write, an Alitalia A330 is over my house on it's way from Rome to New York?

starts saturday

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:05

The Who just postponed their upcoming UK tour

Date: March 12, 2020 14:05

falo01
EddieByword

starts saturday

Ahh right, cheers falo........smileys with beer

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:06

I'm pretty sure the dates will at least be postphoned. Can't imagine things happening in summer, because the high of this pandemic will be in june-august, although the numbers in the US most probably will be lower than elsewhere.

hope our boys will be able to come back after a longer break from touring,
keeping their age in mind....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 14:07 by falo01.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:07

peoplewitheyes

[www.thewho.com]

Date: March 12, 2020 14:08

Topi
Ban goes to effect Friday midnight. (EST?)

smileys with beer

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:12

Manofwealthandtaste
The crazy thing about Trump's European travel ban is that if anyone from Europe wants to go to the USA, they simply fly via London......so not sure this policy solves much.

I was wondering that myself unless the restrictions also include citizenship, though maybe post-Brexit the UK is also doing something that restricts entry that alleviates that concern.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:13

The Western countries are just trying to shift the curve forward (read: further into spring/early summer).

Honestly it's not looking good.

As for myself, I am (well, was supposed to be) on a American-ticketed Finnair flight to SFO on May 4. Finnair just announced they will cancel all flights to USA until April 30. So it's likely just a matter of days before they cancel those early May flights as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 14:13 by Topi.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:17

MAF
bv
Chris Fountain
Fox News is reporting a 30% Death Rate of Infected in Italy. Source was not cited.

Please so not post undocumented fake news. If there is a link please post it. I will post details about the fatality rate, also for Italy, and it is certainly nowhere near 30%, probably closer to 1%.
Exactly!
Found this site Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)
But I don't know anything about this source.

A reliable source: Situation report by WHO (March 11)
Daily updates here: WHO situation reports

By the way: Don't trust the propaganda on Fox News.

Half the country would say the same about MSNBC. Watch both and draw your own conclusions, at least you get both sides to every story that way.

Date: March 12, 2020 14:18

peoplewitheyes

...presumably on WHO advice.......

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:36

CaptainCorella
I'd postulate that a big fraction of the audience at a Stones concert these days is males over 70.

And don't mention the fraction of "males over 70" onstage at a Stones concert these days... cool smiley

Date: March 12, 2020 14:38

The Rolling Stones will not be performing any shows in 2020, that is my prediction. I will assume the 2020 tour will be canceled within 1-2 weeks from now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:43

Irix
Nate

US citizens can return home but they can only use specific Airports and have to undergo Tests:

"The restriction does not apply to legal permanent residents and immediate family members of U.S. citizens. Wolf said U.S. citizens arriving from Europe will travel through specific airports where they can undergo screening for the virus." -- [www.Bloomberg.com] .

Yes I’m aware of the rules but my point was that within a few days there will be extremely limited options for anyone wishing to return home to the US.
Airlines will simply not be flying empty planes.

Nate

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:50

A Stones anthem adapted to suit the world's number one issue:

youtube.com: Can't Get No Disinfection

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 12, 2020 14:51

Just returned from local Walmart. No Toilet Paper or Hand Sanitizer. There was some paper towels. Fortunately, we have enough Toilet Paper.

Date: March 12, 2020 14:52

jlowe
Tales from Singapore, part 3:

Just got back to the UK.
This follows a NZ and Australia trip with 4 to 5 day stays at Thailand (outward) and Singapore (return).
No health screening at ANY of the Airports.
Not feeling any symptoms but cannot access Hospital/Pharmacy/GP services in the usual manner. Churches (I am not a member of one) seem to be quiet on the matter. Our local Supermarket though was more than happy to a accept my custom.
Advice and speculation re the next couple of months very confusing and inconsistent.

Screening at airports for fever is done as a psychological trust thing, it is a waste of time. People have an average body temperature of 37 C +/- 0.5 C and during the first couple of days with the coronavirus you do not haved any fever to be detected at airports.

Believe me, in UK you will see a lot changing later this week, or next week at the latest. I see Premier League is still having games with crowds, and pubs are still open. Well so far, but not for long. UK has got a low death rate of 8 according to the live data, but with just 459 tested there are already one or more clusters of the virus in UK; so a shutdown of public crowds will come within a week.

Bjornulf

Date: March 12, 2020 14:53

JDSAM1994

I get they start rehearsing 3ish weeks before the first date, but I think we have a couple weeks till an official announcement is made.

They cancel 2-4 weeks ahead. I expect the tour to be off in a public statement based on legat discussions within a week or two now.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home