Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:49

TornAndFried
The NBA just suspended all basketball games for the remainder of the season. I suspect hockey games and indoor arena concerts will be next to go.
Not accurate. Till further notice. Statement below

The NBA announced that a player on the Utah Jazz has preliminarily tested positive for COVID-19. The test result was reported shortly prior to the tip-off of tonight’s game between the Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder at Chesapeake Energy Arena. At that time, tonight’s game was canceled. The affected player was not in the arena.
The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of tonight’s schedule of games until further notice. The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:49

NBA shutdown as player tested positive

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:52

OneHourPhoto
NBA suspended season due to player testing positive

Weird - watching Denver vs. Dallas playing right now on ESPN, and the commentators are bewildered knowing this is the last game for an indefinite extended period.
Final minute of third quarter...on to the fourth and final...strange days....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:56

Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson both just tested positive for the virus.
[twitter.com]

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:56

Today was a tipping point here in Michigan. Universities closing, activities shutting down, gatherings canceled, emails coming in from school, work, local governments.
I'm confident we'll see the strength of the U.S. system here -- most things here get done on the local and state level, through private and public partnerships and I think everybody is on board, even those who may still have doubts.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:01

NBA suspending the season until further notice.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:03

OneHourPhoto
TornAndFried
The NBA just suspended all basketball games for the remainder of the season. I suspect hockey games and indoor arena concerts will be next to go.
Not accurate. Till further notice. Statement below

The NBA announced that a player on the Utah Jazz has preliminarily tested positive for COVID-19. The test result was reported shortly prior to the tip-off of tonight’s game between the Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder at Chesapeake Energy Arena. At that time, tonight’s game was canceled. The affected player was not in the arena.
The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of tonight’s schedule of games until further notice. The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.
[www.cbssports.com]

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:08

It is vital that everyone take precautions now. Most people are not taking even simple precautions. At the gym, I see few people washing their hands for 20 seconds. These simple precautions are needed before there are many known cases in an area. otherwise, we won’t “flatten the curve” and health systems will be overwhelmed. Everything Bjornulf has said is completely true.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:09

It's not a question of if the Stones tour will be cancelled or postponed, but when. Now that travel from Europe to the US has been suspended I imagine a UK travel ban will be next. I imagine an announcement will be coming by April 1.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 04:18 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:14

JadedFaded
It is vital that everyone take precautions now. Most people are not taking even simple precautions. At the gym, I see few people washing their hands for 20 seconds. These simple precautions are needed before there are many known cases in an area. otherwise, we won’t “flatten the curve” and health systems will be overwhelmed. Everything Bjornulf has said is completely true.

Speaking of precautions.. No offense, but one of the last places you'd catch me *these days in Washington is "at the gym" winking smiley

*Okay.. anytime tbh, but especially these days.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:16

Trump bans travel US to/from Europe for 30 days

Rod

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:17

bitusa2012
Trump bans travel US to/from Europe for 30 days

Excluding the UK.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:18

TornAndFried
It's not a question of if the Stones tour will be cancelled or postponed, but when. Now that travel from Europe to the US has been suspended I imagine the UK will be next. I imagine an announcement will be coming by April 1.

Yes I will be surprised if we don’t hear something regarding the stones tour within a week! I predict we will hear of many more events being cancelled yet this week.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:28

JadedFaded

Sorry, JadedFaded, I don't mean to single you out, but I feel I need to chime in just once. I don't have the time and energy to make a long post about it, but Will everybody please stop freaking out? This hysteria is ridiculous. Before I get accused of being a "science denier" or some other BS, for the record, I am a physician currently and a molecular biology scientist in a prior career. I see sick patients in the hospital and in the clinic on a daily basis. The economic impact of this journalistic and local government malpractice will be devastating and needs to stop. This thing will blow over and the news cycle will move on to the next "sky is falling" story within a month. If the Stones bow in and cancel the tour, I will be disappointed for sure, and that is an understatement. It may not be up to them, as local governments are doing stupid things and may prevent them from playing even if they wanted to. There is a systemic problem here, and it is not the Coronavirus.

CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season. This is in the US alone.

Just use common sense, people. Because if we freaked out about the flu every year we wouldn't be able to leave the house from October to March. It would be funny how this isn't pointed out in the media if it wasn't so tragic for the thousands of people who will lose their jobs due to the economic devastation of hype and political nonsense.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:43

Sipuncula

CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season. This is in the US alone.

Your numbers reveal that influenza in the US results in a fatality rate of .10%
34,200/35,500,000= .000963

The current numbers in Italy reveal a Coronavirus fatality rate of +6%
631/10000= .0631

That is a serious difference.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:45

Sipuncula
JadedFaded

Sorry, JadedFaded, I don't mean to single you out, but I feel I need to chime in just once. I don't have the time and energy to make a long post about it, but Will everybody please stop freaking out? This hysteria is ridiculous. Before I get accused of being a "science denier" or some other BS, for the record, I am a physician currently and a molecular biology scientist in a prior career. I see sick patients in the hospital and in the clinic on a daily basis. The economic impact of this journalistic and local government malpractice will be devastating and needs to stop. This thing will blow over and the news cycle will move on to the next "sky is falling" story within a month. If the Stones bow in and cancel the tour, I will be disappointed for sure, and that is an understatement. It may not be up to them, as local governments are doing stupid things and may prevent them from playing even if they wanted to. There is a systemic problem here, and it is not the Coronavirus.

Just use common sense, people. Because if we freaked out about the flu every year we wouldn't be able to leave the house from October to March. It would be funny how this isn't pointed out in the media if it wasn't so tragic for the thousands of people who will lose their jobs due to the economic devastation of hype and political nonsense.

People can certainly look at differing views. If say the pandemic reaches 30% of the US population and the death rate is 1% then that means that about one million US citizens will die. That's a lot more than 34,200.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:52

[twitter.com]
[www.theguardian.com]

A travel ban from Europe sort of includes the Stones as well

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:52

After the Presidents speech you'd have to say that common sense is pointing to a Postponement until next year at best and a cancellation at worst.

Bugger, disappointed but everyone's health is far more important

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 12, 2020 04:59

cmc
Sipuncula

Your numbers reveal that influenza in the US results in a fatality rate of .10%
34,200/35,500,000= .000963

The current numbers in Italy reveal a Coronavirus fatality rate of +6%
631/10000= .0631

That is a serious difference.
Agree. This is a big thing. It will be devastating when it gets in nursing homes and assisted living centers

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:01

Calling travel restrictions during a pandemic “xenophobia” is outrageous

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:05

Date: March 12, 2020 05:08

MileHigh
People can certainly look at differing views. If say the pandemic reaches 30% of the US population and the death rate is 1% then that means that about one million US citizens will die. That's a lot more than 34,200.

You will see that the death rate will prove to be an order of magnitude lower or more than that currently stated. You will see it come down. They aren't swabbing people with mild cases for the virus. The data is skewed. I wish I could discuss this further, but obviously it would take more time. I only posted because I'm @#$%& pissed off at this whole situation.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:09

Fox News is reporting a 30% Death Rate of Infected in Italy. Source was not cited.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:09

Yeah this tour won't go ahead. Atleast with the original dates.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:16

Maybe put a decimal point between the 3 and 0 and fox news would be close.

Date: March 12, 2020 05:16

Gasoline prices here in Martin County (Florida) $2.13 a gallon, Unheard of. Wow this pandemic is impacting the entire world in many ways.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:22

Man, in the 21st century we've had the equivalent of a Pearl Harbor, something akin to a Vietnam war, a couple of stock market crashes, a nuclear meltdown, a giant flood, an absolutely devastating tsunami, and now apparently something akin to the 1918-19 Spanish flu. I need to get onto a cloud...

Date: March 12, 2020 05:26

Chris Fountain
Fox News is reporting a 30% Death Rate of Infected in Italy. Source was not cited.

Link please, Chris? No source cited by you, or by Fox News, or both? I'm hereby reporting a 90% rate of lack of critical thinking skills by the public and hysterical media.

Throwing a number out but there is about a 30% death rate in the ICU from any cause. Why? Because they are critically @#$%& ill.

I give up.

Date: March 12, 2020 05:30

Sipuncula
Chris Fountain

Link please, Chris? No source cited by you, or by Fox News, or both? I'm hereby reporting a 90% rate of lack of critical thinking skills by the public and hysterical media.

Throwing a number out but there is about a 30% death rate in the ICU from any cause. Why? Because they are critically @#$%& ill.it was

I give up.

Exactly- stated on tv. I don't believe it. They also said Tom Hanks and spouse are infected in Australia, which I do believe because there is a tweet by Hanks to back up claim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 05:34 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:43

The NBA cancelled their entire schedule moving forward....I've NEVER seen anything like this before...flights are cancelled across the board, schools are already closed...people are being TOLD to stay home unless it is very necessary..and we know there are NOT going to be 4 million test kits are someone promised; you can't pull them out of the AIR! And WHY are we letting Brits into the USA and no one else when they have a rather high number of infected people considering the size of the country? Kind of messed up. Anyone who is minimizing the impact that this virus will have has got to be in total denial...what's happening in Italy is like out of a horror movie and Germany predicts 70% of the country will be infected. I'm not trying to be DOOM & GLOOM, just realistic...sorry if people are disappointed if the tour is cancelled but this is the best thing for everyone involved. I do feel bad for the folks who will lose $$ when they cancel flights. I have to think the band is concerned about their own safety too at this point. The Stones WILL do another tour, just not now!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home