Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:15

Mr DDDD, so glad dear daughter is okay!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 01:53 by angee.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:17

Two days ago the USA figures on the coronavirus positive tests and deaths were these:

USA 566 22

Today I see the numbers are:

USA 1,135 32

The fatality number will unfortunately grow fast, based on experience from other countries. The only way to keep these numbers low, is to close down events, large crowds, to test and ask positives to stay at home an so on. I am sorry but I do not see that happening in USA yet, except for may be San Jose CA, and now I hear schools in Seattle close. Within the next two weeks a lot more shows and events will be postponed or canceled.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 23:30 by bv.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:23

NCAA basketball Tournament (March Madness) will be played with ZERO fans in attendance.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:37

bv
Two days ago the USA figures on the coronavirus positive tests and deaths were these:

USA 566 22

USA 1,135 32

The fatality number will unfortunately grow fast, based on experience from other countries. The only way to keep these numbers low, is to close down events, large crowds, to test and ask positives to stay at home an so on. I am sorry but I do not see that happening in USA yet, except for may be San Jose CA, and now I hear schools in Seattle close, but it will happen in a week or so. Then 1-2 weeks later i.e. early April shows and events will be postponed or canceled.

A lot is happening here in California.

It seems like most high schools and universities, public and private all over the bay area are closed. I work in San Jose and all the big tech companies in the area are mostly having employees work from home (google, facebook, apple, etc.) Traffic on the freeways has been very light.

San Francisco and San Jose have both banned gatherings over 1000 people, many concerts, games cancelled, Warriors and Sharks are playing in front of empty arenas. SF has cancelled events at all city owned venues (Masonic, Civic Center, etc.)

The airports are really really quiet. 3 TSA agents at San Jose International tested positive and many more are on quarantine. The San Mateo Public Health Officer has said they have evidence of widespread community transmission in San Mateo County so I expect the more extreme measures we have seen taken elsewhere will be happening here in the very near future.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:41

bv

USA 566 22

USA 1,135 32

And rising. USA deaths are now 37 according to CNN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:45

E3 canceled due to Coronavirus. E3 is a major gaming convention that draws more than 65,000 people and was set to be held on June 9-11 in Los Angeles -- [Twitter.com] . The NAB Show in Las Vegas is also canceled.

Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Vancouver meeting (March 21-27) has been cancelled due to Coronavirus -- [www.ietf.org] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 00:30 by Irix.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:46

This is progressing rather slowly in Canada - about 100 cases to date - but we have had an incident near Toronto where an oncologist, just returned from vacation in Hawaii, went into work on Monday feeling well and before the end of the day she was feeling ill and has tested positive. She saw a dozen or so patients, all compromised medically, and interacted with hospital staff. No idea at this point how the hospital is addressing this. Hoping this does not affect her patients or the hospital’s ability to operate.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:57

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine just specified that the order to be issued in the next 24-36 hours will be that no spectators will be allowed at games. That’s NCAA, #CBJ, #Cavs, etc.
Media and staff will be allowed, just not spectators. All sporting events in Ohio.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: March 12, 2020 00:02

At this point, I don't think it will be the Stones' decision. Gatherings are being cancelled. Metro Detroit (one of the Stones' stops) just got first two cases of virus. Governor already called a State of Emergency. Gatherings are starting to be cancelled.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 12, 2020 00:15

i work centrally in the NHS in England. Testing capacity next week will go up from 1500 to 10000 per day and strategy here in England is to 'push' any peak to the other side of easter when a near capacity health system becomes less pressurised with regular 'winter' conditions (frail elderly, flu, respiratory, etc). This frees up more capacity for caring for corona patients. If you're interested in the trend check out what's happened in Italy (more or less same population size as UK) and where UK is as of today - tracking almost exactly where Italy was 2 weeks ago. Therefore any action to slow this is a necessary step - strongly suspect a week or so from now football will be behind closed doors, large gatherings cancelled etc.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 12, 2020 00:30

This is getting worse by the hour and the reality is this won’t be the last time this happens if these wild animal markets in Asia and other parts of the world are allowed to continue trading.
This is mother nature’s revenge.

Nate

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 00:31

campxray
At this point, I don't think it will be the Stones' decision. Gatherings are being cancelled. Metro Detroit (one of the Stones' stops) just got first two cases of virus. Governor already called a State of Emergency. Gatherings are starting to be cancelled.

thumbs up Living in Spain I can tell you are right. Nature overhelms mankind.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 12, 2020 00:35

Nate
This is getting worse by the hour and the reality is this won’t be the last time this happens if these wild animal markets in Asia and other parts of the world are allowed to continue trading.

Nate

thumbs up you'r right....

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 12, 2020 00:40

bv

USA 566 22

USA 1,135 32

The fatality number will unfortunately grow fast, based on experience from other countries. The only way to keep these numbers low, is to close down events, large crowds, to test and ask positives to stay at home an so on. I am sorry but I do not see that happening in USA yet, except for may be San Jose CA, and now I hear schools in Seattle close. Within the next two weeks a lot more shows and events will be postponed or canceled.

No gatherings over 250 in Seattle area now for any reason by order of the governor. The spring football team will be playing in an empty stadium this weekend & the baseball team is going to play their season opening games elsewhere. No end date for the ban has been given. earlier in the week it was mentioned Bill Gates is going to provide testing for Seattle area in conjunction with the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Institute. I will share information when it becomes available should anybody here need it. I am planning to put in for 1 of these tests if I haven't been tested already.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 12, 2020 01:56

Bjornulf,
Many US colleges universities are closing their in-person classes, more and more by the day, from what I can tell, and moving to on-line.

[www.usatoday.com]

A couple of days ago, Harvard gave their students five days to move out of their dorms.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 02:05 by angee.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: March 12, 2020 02:04

I'm just waiting for the cancellation so we can refund our tickets. Definitely not now travelling from NZ to USA for this tour regardless. We have paid a small fortune in flights, hotel bookings and really good floor seats at 4 x concerts so in total out of pocket around $20k at this point. We can cancel hotels and get flight credits so just need the tour to be cancelled so we can refund about NZ$10k in tickets.
In the meantime ticketmaster are sitting pretty on everyones ticket money.
In my view the sooner they cancel/postpone the better.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 12, 2020 02:08

crholmstrom
bv

USA 566 22

USA 1,135 32

No gatherings over 250 in Seattle area now for any reason by order of the governor. The spring football team will be playing in an empty stadium this weekend & the baseball team is going to play their season opening games elsewhere. No end date for the ban has been given. earlier in the week it was mentioned Bill Gates is going to provide testing for Seattle area in conjunction with the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Institute. I will share information when it becomes available should anybody here need it. I am planning to put in for 1 of these tests if I haven't been tested already.

Over 1300 now in the US...30% increase in one day...wow. I guess this is just a matter of the reporting getting caught up to the actual number of cases.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 02:49

treaclefingers
crholmstrom
bv

USA 566 22

USA 1,135 32

Over 1300 now in the US...30% increase in one day...wow. I guess this is just a matter of the reporting getting caught up to the actual number of cases.

It's not so much the reporting that concerns me about over there but the testing (or rather, lack of it).

For every positive test there are likely to be quite a few undetected cases.

England are sensibly ramping up their testing rate to 10,000 a day from the current 1,500. I presume the 3 other UK nations are ramping up their testing too.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:04

Nate

Nate

That's similar to the first thing I thought, "the revenge of the animals".

Curious also that the measures humans are now being forced to take now more or less mirror the the actions suggested/advocated by scientists to fight climate change...........less flying, less travel generally, less consumerism, shops closed now in Italy, therefore less manufacturing, therefore less pollution...............

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 15:07 by EddieByword.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:12

Headline: U.S. Suspending All Travel From Europe For Next 30 Days

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:13

Trump just announced he will stop all travel from Europe to the USA for 30 days!!!!

Posted by: mmarloe ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:15

Except UK, I think.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:15

Yeah, that'll solve it.

The xenophobia: you're soaking in it!

Date: March 12, 2020 03:21

UK is excluded!

Date: March 12, 2020 03:22

keefriff99
Yeah, that'll solve it.

Italy got $720 million worth of tourism business from China last year. They didn’t close the borders and see what happened. This is not xenophobia

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:24

donvis
keefriff99
Yeah, that'll solve it.

Italy got $720 million worth of tourism business from China last year. They didn’t close the borders and see what happened. This is not xenophobia
It's A measure, but it's already here and spreading rapidly, and there's still no plan.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:25

They just banned travel from Europe to the US for the next 30 days

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:30

Apparently does not apply to UK

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:44

NBA suspended season due to player testing positive

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:45

The NBA just suspended all basketball games for the remainder of the season. I suspect hockey games and indoor arena concerts will be next to go.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home