Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 15:22

Taylor1
The nations of the world need to speed up the process of teledoctoring and at at home self testing so hospitals aren’t overwhelmed.College needs to be only 2years max with the last 2years done over the internet .Businesses need more video conferencing and advances in its tools
I assume you're only talking short-term until things are under control? We can't be turned into a society of shut-ins.

Date: March 11, 2020 15:23

stickyfingers101
DandelionPowderman
MileHigh
DandelionPowderman
Sounds like very sloppy work by the doctors.

It's the people who are infected who wear masks, btw, not the healthy ones.

And what would «good social behaviour» be on the tour?

Nope, an N95 mask, preferably with a center diaphragm valve for when you exhale, is designed to protect you when you are healthy. Everybody should have at least two of them.

Different messages for inhabitants of different countries, then..

As you might get infected through your nose and eyes, the face masks won't help much against infection from a sick person.

the fact that there are different messages is the most frustrating part of this...it's a mask..does it work or not? Should be the easiest question in the world to answer.

I personally think they work to some degree, if used properly....why else would health-care workers use them?

....and why would gov'ts be saying "stop buying them b/c health care workers need them" if they didn't work?

«Health officials around the world have been imploring the public to stop buying masks if they are healthy or not caring for someone who is ill. Medical professionals need a large supply of the masks because they are in direct contact with infected patients and must change their masks repeatedly».

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 11, 2020 15:36

DandelionPowderman
stickyfingers101
DandelionPowderman
MileHigh
DandelionPowderman
Sounds like very sloppy work by the doctors.

It's the people who are infected who wear masks, btw, not the healthy ones.

And what would «good social behaviour» be on the tour?

Nope, an N95 mask, preferably with a center diaphragm valve for when you exhale, is designed to protect you when you are healthy. Everybody should have at least two of them.

Different messages for inhabitants of different countries, then..

As you might get infected through your nose and eyes, the face masks won't help much against infection from a sick person.

the fact that there are different messages is the most frustrating part of this...it's a mask..does it work or not? Should be the easiest question in the world to answer.

I personally think they work to some degree, if used properly....why else would health-care workers use them?

....and why would gov'ts be saying "stop buying them b/c health care workers need them" if they didn't work?

«Health officials around the world have been imploring the public to stop buying masks if they are healthy or not caring for someone who is ill. Medical professionals need a large supply of the masks because they are in direct contact with infected patients and must change their masks repeatedly».

[www.nytimes.com]

I think you've made the point here. They've said not to buy masks, because there would be a shortage created. Not the original reason given, which is that it isn't protective.

The thing I think is a bit ridiculous in that the public can only buy masks at the retail level anyway, so that isn't going to impact supply.

Hospitals aren't going to Home Depot to buy masks...they get them direct, and I'm sure manufacturers such as 3M would be directed to supply hospitals and care facilities first, at this point.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 11, 2020 16:01

schwonek
bv
New York Times published a very detailed and interesting story on how the corona virus got out of control .

A friend of mine from NY wrote to me: "NYC feels like a Petri dish.It's like everything is coated in germs. And the subway feels like a death trap."

Sorry, but NYC ALWAYS feels like a petri-dish and the subway like a death trap.....sounds like things are the same as always there! winking smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 16:17

keefriff99
Taylor1
The nations of the world need to speed up the process of teledoctoring and at at home self testing so hospitals aren’t overwhelmed.College needs to be only 2years max with the last 2years done over the internet .Businesses need more video conferencing and advances in its tools
I assume you're only talking short-term until things are under control? We can't be turned into a society of shut-ins.
No,they need to do much more teledoctoring and self testing at home in America for the future.This would cut down enormously on Medicaid and other medical expenses.Its also safer for the patients.A very large percentage ofpeople who die in a hospital die not for the illness they were admitted for but by contacting deadly bacteria and viruses in the hospital.Likewise,in America,most kids graduate college with huge debt.Making the last two years only over the internet would save them a huge amount of money.The colleges however lobby against this with our corrupt politicians because they won’t make as much money

Date: March 11, 2020 16:34

Ok....I got my Flak Jacket and Safety Helmet on!!

I predict / hope / wish the May shows get moved to July

And we start Rockin in June!!!!!

I also think this corona virus is not nearly as bad as the media is making it.

The flu is just as dangerous to the elderly and unhealthy....and more dangerous to younger people.

Just my take on things.

Date: March 11, 2020 16:37

jumpontopofmebaby
Ok....I got my Flak Jacket and Safety Helmet on!!

I predict / hope / wish the May shows get moved to July

And we start Rockin in June!!!!!

I also think this corona virus is not nearly as bad as the media is making it.

The flu is just as dangerous to the elderly and unhealthy....and more dangerous to younger people.

Just my take on things.

That's not what the medical experts say, though.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2020 16:54

Please do NOT use this thread for fake news. If you post something without a link or background info with sources then I will delete the post.

Fact is - according to WHO - that the corona virus is 10-20 times more fatal than the annual flu. Everybody do know this by now.Fact is there is absolutely no protection or vaccine if you are in the danger zone. Fact is USA are at least one month behind in testing. My tiny little country of Norway have so far been testing thousands during the past 2-3 weeks. USA have so far less than 6,000 tests known to the authorities, according to CNN reports yesterday. This means the number of cases in USA will increase rapidly as WA, CA and NY testing is getting into the levels we have in Europe.

More and more countries in Europe are now banning crowds of 500+ people. When test results and the fatalities in USA are getting known, we will see the same kind of government based control measures in USA too. This will not go over like a flu in 2-4 weeks, it will last for 3-6 months.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 17:12

Taylor1
keefriff99
Taylor1
No,they need to do much more teledoctoring and self testing at home in America for the future.This would cut down enormously on Medicaid and other medical expenses.Its also safer for the patients.A very large percentage ofpeople who die in a hospital die not for the illness they were admitted for but by contacting deadly bacteria and viruses in the hospital.Likewise,in America,most kids graduate college with huge debt.Making the last two years only over the internet would save them a huge amount of money.The colleges however lobby against this with our corrupt politicians because they won’t make as much money

we could also have the No Filter Tour be Online now too...but, how LAME is that??!?

same for all sporting events....

I respectfully disagree w/ your assessment, regardless...

will teledoctoring and self-testing cut down costs? maybe...probably not. Tests still cost money (and guess who will pay for the "shipping and handling" costs of home-tests), doctors still charge for services...the ER, Labs and Hospital (and Staff) still have to stay open and be ready for "any and all contingencies"..

will it cut down infections in hospitals? Maybe among a few people who "didn't need to be there"....but, only proper sterilization procedures can reduce the # among those who have to be there.....hypochondriacs will always "go in" anyway...

and...the more we "isolate" (especially children), the more susceptible we become to illnesses (ie. your immune system becomes weaker b/c the body has to encounter and fight off infections to build strength)

we're humans...interaction is necessary, normal and vitally important to our well-being on all sorts of levels....

it sucks that we have to deal w/ viruses....but, we are basically germ-machines, the Earth is overcrowded and we travel all over the place.

the internet will not save us...so, wash your hands, cover your cough/sneeze, stay home when you are sick...it's about all you can do.

...and don't panic and run to the hospital w/ every sniffle.

we'll get through this folks....it might be painful, it might not...but, we will endure and come out of it stronger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 17:16 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 11, 2020 17:29

keefriff99
I have to take a short flight tomorrow (Hartford to Philly to Richmond) and back on Sunday...I'm not thrilled, but I made a commitment. I'm certainly not panicked but it's in the back of my mind. Just need to be mindful at the airports and keep my hands clean.

Being on a plane is actually very safe regarding spreading of infection unless you are sat within a row or two of an infected person.
The vast majority of aircraft have something called HEPA filters installed these are the same filters used in surgical operating rooms and clean 99.999% of impurities passing through them.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 17:30 by Nate.

Date: March 11, 2020 17:33

Nate
keefriff99
I have to take a short flight tomorrow (Hartford to Philly to Richmond) and back on Sunday...I'm not thrilled, but I made a commitment. I'm certainly not panicked but it's in the back of my mind. Just need to be mindful at the airports and keep my hands clean.

Being on a plane is actually very safe regarding spreading of infection unless you are sat within a row or two of an infected person.
The vast majority of aircraft have something called HEPA filters installed these are the same filters used in surgical operating rooms and clean 99.999% of impurities passing through them.

Nate
Yeah, I've read that too. The actual flying doesn't concern me...just the time spent in international airports. As I said, I just need to be mindful about my face and washing my hands frequently.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 11, 2020 18:11

Nate
keefriff99

Nate
When you think about it, it certainly does seem that the air on a commercial jet aircraft is very clean. It makes a lot of sense considering all of the people and movement that is taking place.

The other day on YouTube Dr, John Campbell cited a new Chinese research paper that documented a case were a person at the back of a bus infected a person at the front of a bus that was 4.5 meters away. You can imagine a plume of air associated with the infected person slowly moving across the bus and being inhaled by the healthy person. In my opinion the contained air space of a plane is still dangerous, air filters or not. An air filter can not prevent immediate exposure to the infected atomized air droplets. And if someone coughs or sneezes that can create a large volume of air that is contaminated for a while before the air is circulated and filtered.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 11, 2020 18:42

correct about the air on planes being clean , what's not clean is if someone is sick and starts coughing or sneezing and you are in proximity of the droplets .

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 18:57

keefriff99
Taylor1

we'll be a society of shut-ins for the short term if you want to contain and possibly eliminate this

deleted
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 11, 2020 19:03

deleted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-13 23:43 by MononoM.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 11, 2020 19:05

WHO declares pandemic

Date: March 11, 2020 19:06

northernale1
food for thought and just putting it out there

reality check

Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled

True, but that's not the issue here. Not contagious.

Date: March 11, 2020 19:15

northernale1
Topi
northernale1

reality check

Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled

hmmm,, seems contagious is far less dramatic and far less likely to happen to you then the car accident, as so far just over 4000 deaths due to wuhan virus, almost that daily in car accidents
"Wuhan" virus, huh?

Well, we all know what you're about. No further comments needed.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 19:17

northernale1
Topi
northernale1

reality check

hmmm,, seems contagious is far less dramatic and far less likely to happen to you then the car accident, as so far just over 4000 deaths due to wuhan virus, almost that daily in car accidents

you're comparing apples and flea-turds, for one.

second, it's called "coronavirus" (not Wuhan-Virus, which might be misinterpreted as "racist" by some, FYI)....

third...if you're so worried about car-crashes, why are you posting on a COVID-19 thread on a Stones board?

Date: March 11, 2020 19:18

This counter gives updated information on numbers of cases in each country around the World.......

[www.worldometers.info]

Date: March 11, 2020 19:18

Yes, but it's still apples and oranges. Hell, smoking kills thousands of people daily too. Alcohol as well.

Haven't heard of any band cancelling a tour because of car accidents.

The topic is the current virus outbreak now defined a pandemic.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 11, 2020 19:29

Topi
WHO declares pandemic

For everyone or just my generation

Nate

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 11, 2020 19:44

stickyfingers101

second, it's called "coronavirus" (not Wuhan-Virus, which might be misinterpreted as "racist" by some, FYI)....

Silly times. Interestingly the Chinese who don't live in Wuhan are using that term.

Date: March 11, 2020 19:51

northernale1

reality check

POSTS LIKE THE ONE ABOVE ARE HIGHLY OFFENDING AND IRRELEVANT TO THE CONONAVIRUS DISCUSSION.

To make it simple and easy to understand, and to be able to keep IORR serious and free of "the earth is flat" statements, I will from now on immediately ban anyone posting such irrelevant spam like the one above.

Bjornulf

Date: March 11, 2020 19:54

DeanGoodman
stickyfingers101

Silly times. Interestingly the Chinese who don't live in Wuhan are using that term.
It is NOT silly. The types of people who were gleefully using that term on Twitter yesterday should be make it abundantly clear why it was being used.

The virus has an official name...it's not hard to use unless you have an agenda.

Date: March 11, 2020 20:00

DeanGoodman
stickyfingers101

The worldwide official name of the virus is "coronavirus". In Europe they just call it "corona", because everybody do fully understand that term now, with thousands dying from it. The technical term of the virus is "SARS-CoV-2". The disease you might get from that virus is called "COVID-19".

The only reason for calling the virus anything else would be pure political propaganda. I do know that there is a lot of political propaganda related to this, especially in USA. Please do not bring that propaganda here.

Bjornulf

Date: March 11, 2020 20:12

Nate
Topi
WHO declares pandemic

For everyone or just my generation

Nate

Please do not make jokes about this serious pandemi. People die every hour now. It might be your mother, father, brother or child. Just to make it clear why this is NOTHING to make jokes about.

Right now, in Italy, 500 of 800 emergency beds are occupied already. They are 300 beds away from a complete crisis.

Bjornulf

Date: March 11, 2020 20:22

I will say this every day from now on. The following is just my personal opinion based on reading 10-15 worldwide news sites including USA, Germany, France, Italy, Norway during the past 2-3 months.

At one point during the next 4-5 weeks, I will assume The Rolling Stones will have to cancel or postpone their tour this summer.

Why? Just read the posts in this thread.

More and more countries in Europe are shutting down crowds completely now. This week a number of European countries have banned crowds larger than 500.

The travel advice from one of the insurance companies in Norway is "Do not travel abroad". Why? Because you might not be able to get home. Flights from Italy will not be allowed to land in Norway anymore. The last flight allowed incoming just arrived, with special teams of health and virus control.

In general, I think it is a bit stupid to say just "The tour is on" or "The tour is off", without references or background details. If you have inside info, then please e-mail me, and I cal talk about it via e-mail. If you just "think so", then say it. "I think..."

Let us keep these discussions facts based. No panic, no fake news, just facts and comments based on what you have experienced from sources.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 20:23 by bv.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 11, 2020 20:24

The situation is serious, it is not predictable what is going to happen. I keep my feet still and I try organize things around my family. Yet one has to know, that the WHO is not a reliable organisation. So by now I can only wait and see what happens.

Date: March 11, 2020 20:40

Why is the WHO not reliable?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home