Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 11, 2020 08:11

Sici
shortfatfanny
Italy lockdown to entire country...

[www.ft.com]

I don't Think there are security for the Stones Tour, i'm sad sad sad
Sici

@Coronavirus:

after every tragedy, Italy rises again

Thank you for posting a picture of the new bridge.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 11, 2020 08:20

bv
New York Times published a very detailed and interesting story on how the corona virus got out of control at a hospital in Bronxville / New Rochelle just outside Manhattan New York during the past few days:

For 4 Days, the Hospital Thought He Had
Just Pneumonia. It Was Coronavirus.

The case of a New York lawyer shows how the virus can wreak havoc on a health facility and spread anxiety across a region.

The lawyer, 50, was struggling to breathe. His neighbor took him to a nearby hospital, in an affluent suburb about 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan. He seemed to have just pneumonia. Doctors put him in an ordinary room on the fifth floor.

It would be more than four days before anyone figured out what actually ailed him: the new coronavirus. The discovery on March 2 that the man, Lawrence Garbuz, was infected was the first indication that the virus was circulating in New York through community spread.

Within days, it would emerge that Mr. Garbuz — who is from New Rochelle, N.Y., and had not traveled to one of the known hubs in the world for the illness — was part of a cluster of more than 90 cases, the largest concentration on the East Coast. For many New Yorkers, his case was the moment they learned that the coronavirus was already here.

Presumably, when your city is officially recognized by the medical authorities of manifesting community spread, they will finally recommend that you wear a mask and goggles. Hopefully masks and goggles will be available for the general population without problem. However, don't be surprised if you look for masks today that they will be extremely hard to find. I pray for all that in two weeks they will be readily available.

The atomized droplets of water lingering in the air are your new worst enemy.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 11, 2020 10:08

bv
New York Times published a very detailed and interesting story on how the corona virus got out of control .

A friend of mine from NY wrote to me: "NYC feels like a Petri dish.It's like everything is coated in germs. And the subway feels like a death trap."

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 11, 2020 11:16

My wife has shown me a short video on Facebook.Features some guys in the 'the white suits' playing (or miming) to a recording of Satisfaction. Filmed in an outdoor setting in Germany I think.
Same melody but lyrics focussing in how to avoid getting the virus. Quite funny really. Am afraid I am technically unable to transfer to this site. Hope ABKCO dont take it down or threaten litigation.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 11, 2020 11:19

Sammy Hagar & The Circle won't be going to Chile and Brazil.
Personal massage:
[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 11, 2020 11:33

schwonek
Sammy Hagar & The Circle won't be going to Chile and Brazil.
Personal massage:
[www.facebook.com]

Yes, please! But by whom? smoking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 11, 2020 11:41

Wonder what GNR is going to do with their South America leg. They're slated to play Mexico City this Saturday.

Date: March 11, 2020 12:16

Ticketmaster Finland now saying Santana is postponed, not cancelled. Asks patrons to hold onto tickets.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 11, 2020 12:54

Topi
Ticketmaster Finland now saying Santana is postponed, not cancelled. Asks patrons to hold onto tickets.
Santana homepage: Carlos Santana Cancels European Tour Dates Due To Public Health Concerns

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: March 11, 2020 13:05

I read this thread with much interest in how a fan community I appreciate is viewing COVID-19.

I am not a doctor but at my age I occasionally have to go to the doctors for recommended screening and procedures.

I want to share what happened at a Colonoscopy recently at a very big, Trauma 1 Hospital campus with outpatient offices in the middle of America (Flyover Country).

This is just my experience and nothing more or less.

As many of you know in America a colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure where the patient is sedated and at the hospital campus for a few hours even though the actual procedure takes less than 30 mins there is preparing and recovery from sedation. Then you go home. So here is what happened related to COVID-19:

I walked in straight to the outpatient procedure area and checked-in

I was asked if I had been to China or out of the US in the past 30 days: No.
Did I believe I had been around anyone that had: No
Had I been sick with fever or cough in last 30 days: No

They took my temperature but this is typical at any office when checking blood pressure, etc.

None of the nurses were wearing masks or gloves. Both the anesthesiologist and gastroenterologist shook my hand. When it came time for the IV then the nurse used gloves.

Here is the important part. The gastroenterologist doctor and lead nurse took a moment to talk to me about COVID. I will paraphrase. Coronavirus has been around for a long, long time. The yearly flu shot normally covers the Coronavirus family of viruses but COVID-19 mutated and took off but it has also been around for decades as an unknown virus. It’s not going anywhere. We will hear about cases next year, too. We can only maintain hygiene and good practices of not being around those that are sick when they are sick.

Then he shook my hand again and they took me back to the procedure room.

I share this because this was all inside the outpatient wing of a major hospital. They seemed ready to handle anything but are not in a panic. For them, COVID-19 is just another virus they have to protect against but they have so many other infectious diseases to worry about that one that can be prevented with hand washing, good cleaning behaviors and good social behaviors is not something to incite panic.

I am not in the high risk group so I was never masked during the visit.
By the way, I am fine and hope to see and meet many of you this summer. Hopefully, the tour goes on as planned. Take care of yourselves and each other.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 13:11

Japan has said no one under 50 who has contacted the corona virus has died . South Korea says no one under 40. In America , Greefex, a Texas company has a vaccine. China says they also have one. In America 28 people have died from corona . Of that number 20 died in the same nursing home. This in a population of 330 million . Thecommon flu this winter has killed over 20000

Date: March 11, 2020 13:16

Sounds like very sloppy work by the doctors.

It's the people who are infected who wear masks, btw, not the healthy ones.

<Hopefully, the tour goes on as planned>

And what would «good social behaviour» be on the tour?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 11, 2020 13:41

I work at a hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. I can assure you the hospital and the company I work for are treating COVID-19 as if it were a plague. I cannot disclose confidential information, but the hospital is fully prepared the same way you would see in countries that are successfully isolating and combating the situation. It really just depends on where you are and how the individual administration is responding. I would also say the number of people who were still making stupid beer jokes or saying "it is just the flu" have gone silent this week. There is a concerted effort to avoid public panic. That is the reason for keeping some information out of the public eye. The media has already helped cause severe shortages of masks and sanitizer. This is impacting hospitals everywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 13:46 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 11, 2020 14:00

How many more cases until this thread gets to 100 pages?
Now seriously, it is very interesting to see the variety in opinions on this board. From overly nonchalant to hysteric. Good to see some reasonable voices expressing scepticism but also aknowledging the serious impact on healthcare, everydaylife and the economy.

Let's all just use some common sense and stay away from those toxic media people with their live tickers and body counts. The media coverage has reached a new lowpoint again.

Date: March 11, 2020 14:07

Mick should open the tour’s first concertwith with Doom and Gloom and Jumping Jack Flash

Date: March 11, 2020 14:19

MAF
Topi
Santana homepage: Carlos Santana Cancels European Tour Dates Due To Public Health Concerns

Ticketmaster's own page says this
[www.ticketmaster.fi]

Event information
SANTANA HELSINKI CONCERT POSTPONED

Concerts on the European leg of the Santana tour have been cancelled. Due to logistical reasons this means that the concert in Helsinki April 5th will also be affected and the concert will be postponed. A new date is being negotiated and we will inform ticket buyers once confirmed. We ask all customers to keep already purchased tickets for the time being. Tickets will be valid for the new date.

The Artist and Live Nation Finland apologize for any inconvenience.

POSTPONED CONCERT:
Santana (USA) - Miraculous 2020 World Tour
Sun 5.4.2020 Hartwall Arena, Helsinki
Doors at 6.30 PM

they still sell tickets too, lol.

I bet they want to keep people's money for interest reasons as long as possible. After a while they just say "@#$%& it" and cancel.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 14:22 by Topi.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 11, 2020 14:19

OVER-REACTION

Date: March 11, 2020 14:21

Elmo Lewis
OVER-REACTION

Tell that to the doctors in Italy who have to choose who to treat.

[metro.co.uk]

Posted by: Father Ted ()

I work in a UK hospital. It has been taken seriously for weeks by the NHS. But...I personally disregard much media reporting as completely over-exaggerated hysteria. We must keep our perspective and not get carried away by media outlets who are only interested in our clicks on their stories to generate revenue.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()

Rocky Dijon
I work at a hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. I can assure you the hospital and the company I work for are treating COVID-19 as if it were a plague. I cannot disclose confidential information, but the hospital is fully prepared the same way you would see in countries that are successfully isolating and combating the situation. It really just depends on where you are and how the individual administration is responding. I would also say the number of people who were still making stupid beer jokes or saying "it is just the flu" have gone silent this week. There is a concerted effort to avoid public panic. That is the reason for keeping some information out of the public eye. The media has already helped cause severe shortages of masks and sanitizer. This is impacting hospitals everywhere.
Flush Rimbowl continues to assert that this is just the common cold...NOT even the flu...the common cold. That type of idiotic misinformation can be deadly.

Of course, he's dying of lung cancer, so he should just shut his bloated maw and use the short amount of time he has left to hope there's no hell for him to burn in.

Date: March 11, 2020 14:24

Topi

Translation: Call/chat TM and you will be granted a full refund. Worked three times last year for me for RS as hurricanes kept changing our plans. You can always rebuy tickets later.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: March 11, 2020 14:26

MidnightDevilRambler
Topi

Translation: Call/chat TM and you will be granted a full refund. Worked three times last year for me for RS as hurricanes kept changing our plans. You can always rebuy tickets later.

I will let them earn the interest on my money for now and ask for the refund later, not a problem. Official Facebook event also saying "postponed" instead of "cancelled".

Of course, when you think about it, if I'm the band and outright cancel on my own dime instead of even trying to reschedule...which one is the smarter option?

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 11, 2020 14:28

DandelionPowderman

Nope, an N95 mask, preferably with a center diaphragm valve for when you exhale, is designed to protect you when you are healthy. Everybody should have at least two of them.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 11, 2020 14:29

MileHigh
bv
New York Times published a very detailed and interesting story on how the corona virus got out of control at a hospital in Bronxville / New Rochelle just outside Manhattan New York during the past few days:

For 4 Days, the Hospital Thought He Had
Just Pneumonia. It Was Coronavirus.

The case of a New York lawyer shows how the virus can wreak havoc on a health facility and spread anxiety across a region.

The lawyer, 50, was struggling to breathe. His neighbor took him to a nearby hospital, in an affluent suburb about 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan. He seemed to have just pneumonia. Doctors put him in an ordinary room on the fifth floor.

It would be more than four days before anyone figured out what actually ailed him: the new coronavirus. The discovery on March 2 that the man, Lawrence Garbuz, was infected was the first indication that the virus was circulating in New York through community spread.

Within days, it would emerge that Mr. Garbuz — who is from New Rochelle, N.Y., and had not traveled to one of the known hubs in the world for the illness — was part of a cluster of more than 90 cases, the largest concentration on the East Coast. For many New Yorkers, his case was the moment they learned that the coronavirus was already here.

Presumably, when your city is officially recognized by the medical authorities of manifesting community spread, they will finally recommend that you wear a mask and goggles. Hopefully masks and goggles will be available for the general population without problem. However, don't be surprised if you look for masks today that they will be extremely hard to find. I pray for all that in two weeks they will be readily available.

The atomized droplets of water lingering in the air are your new worst enemy.

We don't have any cases yet but have been sold out of the n95s for about 5 weeks.

Date: March 11, 2020 14:36

MileHigh
DandelionPowderman

Nope, an N95 mask, preferably with a center diaphragm valve for when you exhale, is designed to protect you when you are healthy. Everybody should have at least two of them.

Different messages for inhabitants of different countries, then..

As you might get infected through your nose and eyes, the face masks won't help much against infection from a sick person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 14:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 11, 2020 14:58

Topi
Elmo Lewis
OVER-REACTION

Tell that to the doctors in Italy who have to choose who to treat.

[metro.co.uk]

That's the logical result of the national health service expenditure's cuts imposed by Bruxelles (on order to comply to absolutely nonsense treaties) coupled with an unforseen emergency.

Date: March 11, 2020 15:10

Topi
MidnightDevilRambler
Topi

I will let them earn the interest on my money for now and ask for the refund later, not a problem. Official Facebook event also saying "postponed" instead of "cancelled".

Of course, when you think about it, if I'm the band and outright cancel on my own dime instead of even trying to reschedule...which one is the smarter option?

You're welcome to your approach. All I know is that postponed=refunds for TM. At the price of RS tixs I want my money back.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 15:10

DandelionPowderman
MileHigh
DandelionPowderman

Different messages for inhabitants of different countries, then..

As you might get infected through your nose and eyes, the face masks won't help much against infection from a sick person.

the fact that there are different messages is the most frustrating part of this...it's a mask..does it work or not? Should be the easiest question in the world to answer.

I personally think they work to some degree, if used properly....why else would health-care workers use them?

....and why would gov'ts be saying "stop buying them b/c health care workers need them" if they didn't work?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 15:19

I have to take a short flight tomorrow (Hartford to Philly to Richmond) and back on Sunday...I'm not thrilled, but I made a commitment. I'm certainly not panicked but it's in the back of my mind. Just need to be mindful at the airports and keep my hands clean.

Date: March 11, 2020 15:19

The nations of the world need to speed up the process of teledoctoring and at at home self testing so hospitals aren’t overwhelmed.College needs to be only 2years max with the last 2years done over the internet .Businesses need more video conferencing and advances in its tools

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home