Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 10, 2020 23:05

Thanks Nate. Hope I can make it and all goes well. I am in the "high risk" group but very healthy!! So I really don't want to cancel unless things get way out of control. Fingers crossed.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 10, 2020 23:19

shortfatfanny
Italy lockdown to entire country...

[www.ft.com]

I don't Think there are security for the Stones Tour, i'm sad sad sad
Sici

@Coronavirus:

after every tragedy, Italy rises again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 23:20 by Sici.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 11, 2020 00:40

MidnightDevilRambler
bv
The biggest problem with the coronavirus is when local clusters start to spread the virus, i.e. it is not coming from China, Iran or Italy, but from local superspreaders in a cluster area. So far I have seen these in USA:

King County, Washington State (Seattle) - 116 confirmed cases
New Rochelle, New York (NYC/Manhattan) - 108 confirmed cases
Santa Clara, California (San Jose) - 43 confirmed cases

Hopefully the authorities are able to contain these clusters, otherwise they will just spread further out.

...and Madison Square Garden is sold out tonight for the Allman Brothers Band tribute. I came that.....close to buying tix in January and booking a week in NYC.

Glad I didn't best wishes to those that go.

It's available as a live pay per view.

[nugs.tv]

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 11, 2020 00:43

The Stones Tour will not happen. No new dates will be announced.

Date: March 11, 2020 00:46

DREAMTIME

It’s a bad dream !!!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 01:06

Coachella officially postponed to October.

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 01:10 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 01:13

Please do not post false information, it is very misleading "The Stones Tour will not happen. No new dates will be announced." When/if the Stones make an announcement THEN we can post it. Anything before just caused confusion.

Date: March 11, 2020 01:20

Well Dreamtime has been a good source for early information in the past and usually pretty accurate

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 01:24

DREAMTIME

Most of DREAMTIME’S tour predictions have been inaccurate

Date: March 11, 2020 01:32

JDSAM1994
DREAMTIME

Most of DREAMTIME’S tour predictions have been inaccurate

Hope you are right I thought DT was usually a good source

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 01:36

Regardless of the source, lets wait until things are "official". I'm sure DT is a very reliable source but seeing that in bold seems more official than it currently is.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 11, 2020 01:36

WelshEdge1
Coachella officially postponed to October.

[twitter.com]

So is Stagecoach!

[www.nbcsandiego.com]

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 01:39

been following how warm weather might help kill corona out.....hopefully something like this shows promise soon and helps keep the tour alive....

[nypost.com]

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 01:42

I am very disappointed like everyone else but if you believe this tour is happening, you are delusional. Yes, wait for the announcement but be realistic.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 11, 2020 01:46

I feel for the road crews that have been and may be affected by any cancellations. Hopefully there is some provision for emergency scenarios such as this with the available work suddenly diminished. Should the tours/shows go forward, these employees can't "work from home" obviously and will be even more exposed due to travel and crowds. A quandary indeed. Fingers (and toes) crossed.

Date: March 11, 2020 01:48

TumblinDice76
Regardless of the source, lets wait until things are "official". I'm sure DT is a very reliable source but seeing that in bold seems more official than it currently is.

I agree. And is seems a little early to throw in the towel. Need to see what happens over the next 4 or 5 weeks.

Things could go either way

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 01:50 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 11, 2020 02:34

Neil Young has shelved the proposed Crazy Horse tour due to COVID 19 concerns. It's in the article toward the end on link below.

[consequenceofsound.net]

PS: didn't see hairball's post in neil young thread. basically same info. sorry about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 02:55 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 11, 2020 03:56

bleedingman
I feel for the road crews that have been and may be affected by any cancellations. Hopefully there is some provision for emergency scenarios such as this with the available work suddenly diminished. Should the tours/shows go forward, these employees can't "work from home" obviously and will be even more exposed due to travel and crowds. A quandary indeed. Fingers (and toes) crossed.

It's a real concern for the people who work in the entertainment industry (myself included). If these tours and festivals get cancelled it will economically impact many thousands of people. Specifically for the Stones touring crew, if the tour is cancelled some may pick up another tour or find work in their home base, (after all the Stones tour is only a few months); some will be eligible to collect unemployment insurance; a few who have a permanent position within the Stones organization will continue to collect a salary. The nature of this business is always up and down so you need to save money for the lean times and work as much as you can when it's busy. The upside is many people may now get to spend some time with their families and enjoy the summer when normally they would be on the road working.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 05:14 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 11, 2020 04:08

Large Gatherings Banned in Austin Through May 1, City Says

[news.google.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 11, 2020 04:09

jumpontopofmebaby
TumblinDice76

I agree. And is seems a little early to throw in the towel. Need to see what happens over the next 4 or 5 weeks.

That's almost adorable

Date: March 11, 2020 04:13

treaclefingers
jumpontopofmebaby
TumblinDice76

That's almost adorable

Lol. Well I honestly think that’s true. Little warmer weather who knows. I never give up hope until I see it in black and white. I am sure the Stones have their fingers crossed hoping for the best. Just like me !

Never give up until you just have too !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 04:14 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: March 11, 2020 04:31

jumpontopofmebaby
treaclefingers
jumpontopofmebaby
TumblinDice76

That's almost adorable

Lol. Well I honestly think that’s true. Little warmer weather who knows. I never give up hope until I see it in black and white. I am sure the Stones have their fingers crossed hoping for the best. Just like me !

Never give up until you just have too !

I was only partly sarcastic, partly happy that there are people that do hold out hope, as I do. However this one is in the bag, from a logistics standpoint.

In the US the cases aren't even being counted properly yet. In Vancouver BC, the growth in cases is exponential, doubling every week. No reason for that to slow down. Only way it seems is if drastic measures come into play, as in China and Korea...but that still means that we are months away, in a best case.

From what I've read this isn't going away...all slowing down the virus is an attempt to do, is slow growth so the medical system isn't overwhelmed and can manage the peak.

Date: March 11, 2020 04:52

This is one of the best forums I've ever seen. Folks are relatively civil here. It's drôle that it's for a negative storyline. Still the communication is good. The trolls don't seem here at least in the last several posts. I wanted to take someone very special to my heart to see The Stones. My dad took me to see the Stones when I was a kid. It reminded me that the world wasn't always a bad place. I don't have tickets, but I'd have positively every chance in the world to score a pair of tickets and probably for a good price. I just don't think that it's going to happen. I'm not dropping the money until I really develop the sense that the Stones won't cancel at least the San Diego show. I'd be down with a pay-per-view of the San Diego show. This assumes that it's safe to go and I'd love to be there if I believed it safe. I just stockpiled on t.p. and bottled water. My next massive purchase will be dog food and peanut butter.

This doesn't like someone who's ready to drive into the fourmillant ant hills of Southern California. Valley Fever's bad enough....

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: March 11, 2020 05:30

Just announced...all events in Seattle with over 200 people now banned.

US cases now over 1000...double in 36 hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 06:39 by treaclefingers.

Date: March 11, 2020 05:32

charlesbaudelaire
This is one of the best forums I've ever seen. Folks are relatively civil here. It's drôle that it's for a negative storyline. Still the communication is good. The trolls don't seem here at least in the last several posts. I wanted to take someone very special to my heart to see The Stones. My dad took me to see the Stones when I was a kid. It reminded me that the world wasn't always a bad place. I don't have tickets, but I'd have positively every chance in the world to score a pair of tickets and probably for a good price. I just don't think that it's going to happen. I'm not dropping the money until I really develop the sense that the Stones won't cancel at least the San Diego show. I'd be down with a pay-per-view of the San Diego show. This assumes that it's safe to go and I'd love to be there if I believed it safe. I just stockpiled on t.p. and bottled water. My next massive purchase will be dog food and peanut butter.

This doesn't like someone who's ready to drive into the fourmillant ant hills of Southern California. Valley Fever's bad enough....

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

do you dip the dog kibble in the peanut butter? I guess that could taste good.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 11, 2020 07:10

treaclefingers

It is actually 250 and will be announced today.
[www.seattletimes.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 11, 2020 07:28

jumpontopofmebaby
Well Dreamtime has been a good source for early information in the past and usually pretty accurate

Forest Hills, right?

Date: March 11, 2020 07:32

schwonek
treaclefingers

[www.seattletimes.com]

Sorry...it was misreported then on MSNBC...they said 200.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 07:45

treaclefingers
schwonek
treaclefingers

[www.seattletimes.com]

Sorry...it was misreported then on MSNBC...they said 200.

Wow, so Seattle Sounders will have to play in empty CenturyLink? Mariners playing in empty T Mobile? Even Thunderbirds of WHL playing in empty arena?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2020 07:54

New York Times published a very detailed and interesting story on how the corona virus got out of control at a hospital in Bronxville / New Rochelle just outside Manhattan New York during the past few days:

For 4 Days, the Hospital Thought He Had
Just Pneumonia. It Was Coronavirus.

The case of a New York lawyer shows how the virus can wreak havoc on a health facility and spread anxiety across a region.

The lawyer, 50, was struggling to breathe. His neighbor took him to a nearby hospital, in an affluent suburb about 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan. He seemed to have just pneumonia. Doctors put him in an ordinary room on the fifth floor.

It would be more than four days before anyone figured out what actually ailed him: the new coronavirus. The discovery on March 2 that the man, Lawrence Garbuz, was infected was the first indication that the virus was circulating in New York through community spread.

Within days, it would emerge that Mr. Garbuz — who is from New Rochelle, N.Y., and had not traveled to one of the known hubs in the world for the illness — was part of a cluster of more than 90 cases, the largest concentration on the East Coast. For many New Yorkers, his case was the moment they learned that the coronavirus was already here.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home