Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 10, 2020 18:45

Vancouver venue does have both MLS soccer and CFL football.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 10, 2020 18:58

I suspect I'm soon gonna eat hundreds of dollars in airline tickets.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 18:59

1985jayer
Not all artists are cancelling. Billie Eillish just started her tour in Miami last night to a sold out arena. She is not cancelling any shows. I was at United Center for the Blackhawks game a few days ago, 20,000 people. I saw Wilco last night up in Madison, not a huge arena but the show went on, it was awesome. People need to chill and carry on with their life. The media is whats creating panic. They dont have any other new tragic stories right now to report so its all corona. We need another impeachment, war, or some other mega news story to get off this corona news. If there isnt corona, what would cnn talk about all day long? People need to put there phones down, get off social media and stop creating panic. Im glad the yearly flu doesnt have a name, imagine 11 million people died this winter because of busch lite 20, news at 6pm.....hope to see everyone in the pit this summer, but im still going on a plane tomorrow for work and will still be visiting the cities the stones are playing even if they cancel, just for vacation time.

The comparison frequently being made between seasonal 'flu and COVID-19 has been repeatedly dismissed by top Medical Experts all over the World as being totally invalid and unhelpful.
While many more people catch seasonal 'flu, there's a vaccine for it. The death rate is around 0.1%. The death rate for COVID-19 is estimated to be 1% and much higher for those with underlying health conditions and the elderly.
My parents are in their late 70s and live a mile away. my mum's fit and healthy but my dad had a stroke 9 years ago, has had 3 stents fitted and takes loads of drugs to thin his blood and stop it clotting.
I haven't seen them for 2 weeks and they've asked me to stay away because I'm out at work all day mixing with people.

Here in the UK we've tested 27,000 people to date of whom 373 were positive. The authorities have plans in place to deal with a major escalation. The threat is real and present.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 19:15

Coachella is being postponed per Billboard...

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: March 10, 2020 19:18

My guess is the west coast shows will be have the dates changed... California, Washington and BC all have rising CoVid numbers.

Date: March 10, 2020 19:22

GAFF

Depends on the airline(s) you booked with

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 10, 2020 19:40

Because no one can predict WHEN this virus will peak, it makes no sense at all to simply reschedule the tour. It has only just started in the USA....do you really think anyone can be sure it will be OVER WITH in May or June? No way. Mick will concentrate not only on the revenue but also the safety of the band and crew. Age is a huge factor. I bet Charlie will weigh in and his opinion counts...a lot...he's 79...had cancer...Mick listens to Charlie..I totally agree with BV, I believe the tour will be cancelled. I just hope we know SOON. Someone mentioned rehearsals...they surely don't want to start that process and then have to cancel. The decision should be made in late March/early April. As far as baseball games carrying on in a normal fashion...I doubt it! Opening day is in a couple of weeks...there should be thousands of cases in the USA by then...ticket sales will not be great, IMO. The Stones will do what's best for everyone and the thing that is least disruptive...waiting too long to cancel increases the aggravation for everyone.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 10, 2020 19:51

Health authorities in Norway expect the coronavirus to be around for a year or so, until there is a vaccine. There will be the first wave, and there will be a second wave. It took China 1.5 + 2.5 = 4 months to slow the virus down with extreme measures.

We live in a world where people do what they like, they travel a lot, and they do not care about rules. The peak might be in April, May or June, hopefully the peak is far far away, in order to protect people in the danger zone.

I can't see any organizers postponing shows without specifying new dates within few weeks.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 10, 2020 20:11

I can see them postponing shows, but how should they announce new dates?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 20:12 by Christiaan.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 20:23

The MLB is not going to cancel games. No way.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 10, 2020 20:29

The biggest problem with the coronavirus is when local clusters start to spread the virus, i.e. it is not coming from China, Iran or Italy, but from local superspreaders in a cluster area. So far I have seen these in USA:

King County, Washington State (Seattle) - 116 confirmed cases
New Rochelle, New York (NYC/Manhattan) - 108 confirmed cases
Santa Clara, California (San Jose) - 43 confirmed cases

Hopefully the authorities are able to contain these clusters, otherwise they will just spread further out.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 10, 2020 20:30

kv2915
The MLB is not going to cancel games. No way.

I’m sure they were saying the same about Serie A in Italy recently.

Nate

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 10, 2020 20:31

GAFF

Hey, lemons into lemonade, my Paris-San Diego plane tix are also non-refundable, I'm still going out there and will have a great time no matter what!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 20:36

bv
The biggest problem with the coronavirus is when local clusters start to spread the virus, i.e. it is not coming from China, Iran or Italy, but from local superspreaders in a cluster area. So far I have seen these in USA:

Hopefully the authorities are able to contain these clusters, otherwise they will just spread further out.
The NY governor has announced that New Rochelle is being quarantined for two weeks...the national guard is being called in for assistance with food deliveries, etc.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 10, 2020 20:36

bv

I live very, very close to the bolded.

The NY Governor just announced an "containment area" around the home and synagogue that the resident attended that has affected the 100+ people in the NY/NJ area.

All schools are closed in the affected area for at least 2 weeks

Our National Guard is coming in to help sanitize all mass-staffed buildings, feed residents.

Hopefully the above helps stop the spread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 20:38 by OneHourPhoto.

Date: March 10, 2020 20:46

FrogSugar
GAFF

Hey, lemons into lemonade, my Paris-San Diego plane tix are also non-refundable, I'm still going out there and will have a great time no matter what!

If you booked with Air France you can change the date to fly up until May 31st or you can take a refund for the full amount in the form of a voucher which is valid for use on all of the Air France network for 12 months.

Also for anyone that has an airline booking they want to cancel then it can be best to wait for the airline to move first as if they cancel the flight you can claim a full refund with no charge to pay versus paying a hefty charge to cancel yourself.
I had a flight booked to Sydney next month that I decided not to take but I didn’t cancel yet and today it paid off as Qantas cancelled it themselves.

Nate

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 21:00

2014Slayer
crholmstrom
not all of the stadiums the Stones are playing have NFL. San Diego, Vancouver, Austin, Louisville & St Louis. that's a pretty big chunk of the tour. last year, there were only a few stadiums with no NFL.

That is just what I was thinking that the San Diego and Vancouver concerts shouldn't be too hard to reschedule. Of course there are the road crew and trucks to consider.

Vancouver has the BC Lions of the CFL, which has 9 home games, as well as the Whitecaps of MLS so it may be busier than the average NFL stadium. Also, being indoors, it hosts trade shows, conventions, etc.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: March 10, 2020 21:10

The Stones won't be touring anywhere in 2020.

Date: March 10, 2020 21:47

Nate
FrogSugar
GAFF

If you booked with Air France you can change the date to fly up until May 31st or you can take a refund for the full amount in the form of a voucher which is valid for use on all of the Air France network for 12 months.

Nate

I appreciate the tip, but I systematically boycott Air France, they are often on strike and I know many people who's vacation plans have been ruined by that airline. I scored a flight with Air Tahiti Nui. Just saw on the news that some airlines are cancelling flights, so I'll wait it out, if they take the initiative to cancel my flight I might go for the refund...also depends on what the Stones are doing.

Date: March 10, 2020 21:49

FrogSugar
GAFF

Which airline? Air France/KLM just emailed this today..

[www.airfrance.us]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 21:49 by Topi.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 21:53

rbp

Unfortunately, that will be true.

Date: March 10, 2020 21:55

kv2915
rbp

Unfortunately, that will be true.

Lets see what warmer weather brings.

Hopefully we have a better idea by mid April

Date: March 10, 2020 22:07

Topi
FrogSugar
GAFF

Which airline? Air France/KLM just emailed this today..

[www.airfrance.us]

Air Tahiti Nui. Last year I flew out for the May shows (I know...!) and I had 3 seats to myself to lie down, if my flight is maintained methinks I'll enjoy the same scenario!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 10, 2020 22:15

Nate
FrogSugar
GAFF

Also for anyone that has an airline booking they want to cancel then it can be best to wait for the airline to move first as if they cancel the flight you can claim a full refund with no charge to pay versus paying a hefty charge to cancel yourself.
I had a flight booked to Sydney next month that I decided not to take but I didn’t cancel yet and today it paid off as Qantas cancelled it themselves.

Nate

Where were you flying from to Sydney? Im scheduled to leave SF 3/27 for 10 days to syndney. Probably going to go as I already postponed once due to the fires there.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 10, 2020 22:17

If the Stones decide to cancel or postpone the tour the announcement will be made by early April. There is no point gathering the crew and equipment and preparing for rehearsals if there is a likelihood of the tour not going ahead.

Posted by: michaj ()
Date: March 10, 2020 22:19

Man, i hope you´re so wrong -rbp

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 22:23 by michaj.

Posted by: michaj ()
Date: March 10, 2020 22:20

I think youre damn right- rbp

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 22:22 by michaj.

Date: March 10, 2020 22:24

TornAndFried
If the Stones decide to cancel or postpone the tour the announcement will be made by early April. There is no point gathering the crew and equipment and preparing for rehearsals if there is a likelihood of the tour not going ahead.

So a month or less before they have to pull the plug.

Date: March 10, 2020 22:26

bv

...and Madison Square Garden is sold out tonight for the Allman Brothers Band tribute. I came that.....close to buying tix in January and booking a week in NYC.

Glad I didn't best wishes to those that go.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: March 10, 2020 22:42

sarahunwin
Nate
FrogSugar
GAFF

Nate

Where were you flying from to Sydney? Im scheduled to leave SF 3/27 for 10 days to syndney. Probably going to go as I already postponed once due to the fires there.

I will be in Asia next month I was due to fly with Qantas to Sydney from Singapore on Saturday 25th April but British Airways changed my flight from London Heathrow to Singapore which would have meant a very tight connection time in Singapore so now I’m just heading to Asia but of course things are changing every day so I could end up delaying my whole trip.

Basically all airlines are losing gargantuan amounts of money so are having to change their schedules drastically cutting services and changing aircraft type to meet hugely declining numbers of passengers.Take Cathay Pacific for example who were hit badly due to the unrest in Hong Kong last year and now this has meant they have grounded 70% of their aircraft.The big players will survive but there will be many smaller airline operators that will go bust this year.

I will go back to Sydney next year it’s an amazing city.

Enjoy your trip thumbs up

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1073
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home