Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 10, 2020 09:18

MisterDDDD
Taking my 14yo daughter in for testing tomorrow AM.
Came home from school pale, coughing, sore throat, and fever symptoms etc.
Just a little pale I noticed when she left for school, rest of it has come on quickly.

Hopeful obviously that it's a common cold or flu. 17 people being tested in my county so far with none coming back positive yet, so trying not to get too panicked.
Grateful there are test kits here, not sure of the wait time yet for results, but have read a few days, where we will all have to be isolated waiting for results.

Wife wants me to go elsewhere (beach place) until we get results, as I am "high risk" and they are not, but I am going to ride it out and take care of her regardless,
partially because it would likely be too late now and partly because that's what I do.

Good luck MisterDDDD. Please let us know the results of your daughter’s tests. Wonderful you are so committed to your daughter and family. She will remember your dedication long after this crisis has faded.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 10, 2020 09:22

OneHourPhoto
timbernardis
I think we will know a lot more as to large outdoor event cancellations with the advent of the regular baseball season which begins on March 26th.

plexi
The league are not going to cancel MLB games. Just as they have not (to date) cancelled any NBA, NHL, NCAA, PGA, etc. games/events.

Cancelling games would have systemic and wide-spread issues all over the place for the season.

Many of their showcase events are coming soon (NBA/NHL playoffs, NCAA March Madness, The Masters). It would take global and catastrophic events to mandate the leagues to cancel these events

Cancelling games would have systemic and wide-spread issues

If anything, they might switch games from HOME to AWAY or alternate venues, or (which the leagues have begun to mention) is to play the games without fans.

Oh really, Santa Clara County just banned gatherings of more than 1,000 people. Sharks hockey games and the first round of the NCAA Women's basketball tournament games will be postponed, moved or not held at all.

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 10, 2020 10:14

Now got an email from Westjet (my YVR to MSP flight) saying they will waive change fees for flights booked between March 3 and March 31. What a great help - I obviously booked in February...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 10, 2020 10:16

timbernardis
OneHourPhoto
timbernardis
I think we will know a lot more as to large outdoor event cancellations with the advent of the regular baseball season which begins on March 26th.

plexi
The league are not going to cancel MLB games. Just as they have not (to date) cancelled any NBA, NHL, NCAA, PGA, etc. games/events.

Cancelling games would have systemic and wide-spread issues all over the place for the season.

Many of their showcase events are coming soon (NBA/NHL playoffs, NCAA March Madness, The Masters). It would take global and catastrophic events to mandate the leagues to cancel these events

Cancelling games would have systemic and wide-spread issues

If anything, they might switch games from HOME to AWAY or alternate venues, or (which the leagues have begun to mention) is to play the games without fans.

Oh really, Santa Clara County just banned gatherings of more than 1,000 people. Sharks hockey games and the first round of the NCAA Women's basketball tournament games will be postponed, moved or not held at all.

plexi

Thought the Sharks will play to empty arenas? The NHL cannot just "not hold the games at all" this late into the regular season. Also, cannot move the dates forward because the playoffs (which the Sharks are going to miss anyway) are starting in April.

[torontosun.com]

Date: March 10, 2020 10:16

swimtothemoon
StonedAsiaExile
wonderboy
I've read that Italy has 9,172 cases and the hospitals are overwhelmed.
Tell me, how can a nation of 60 million people not be able to absorb this number of cases.
Another report says the country has had almost 3 million cases of flu this year. No reports that crashed the system.
So something is not adding up.

This coronavirus story may wind up being more the stresses of aging societies than an epidemic story.

Exactly right. The whole thing is hyper hysteria.

“Stresses of aging societies” now that is a good one. Obviously this must be a joke - thanks for the chuckle.

A funny (but perhaps a little tasteless) joke. But it's wrong, though. Median age for the infected here is 44 years. 60 percent males, 40 percent females.

Hyper hysteria? When 133 persons die in just one day (as happened in Italy) we should all be cool, calm and collected?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 10, 2020 10:46

wonderboy
I've read that Italy has 9,172 cases and the hospitals are overwhelmed.
Tell me, how can a nation of 60 million people not be able to absorb this number of cases.
Another report says the country has had almost 3 million cases of flu this year. No reports that crashed the system.
So something is not adding up.

This cornavirus story may wind up being more the stresses of aging societies than an epidemic story.

Easy to understand. Normally if you have a flu you stay at home. Hospitals are organized to recover those who’s conditions become critical because of a flu.

This corona virus is not a normal flu: the number of those who need to be hOspitalized is huge, and the consequences for those who cannot be hospitalized are extremely serious

C

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 10, 2020 10:49

You can't be cool,calm and collected in the meaning that 60 millions people in Italy have to stay at home or only may going outside for work.
This is reality.
And Stones touring? IMO: No.
I wonder if Mc.Cartney will go on tour in Europe (Mai,June?)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 10:49

RG
The Pearl Jam Tour should have taken place from march 18 till april 19. Of course the tour is cancelled in this current situation. But the Stones Tour will start three weeks after (!) the originally last date of the PJ tour. I don’t see any reason to be more in panic right now. In early May the world can look totally different. Keep positive the virus will be more in control when the Stones start touring!!

I think you’re being very optimistic. Even if the spread rate can be reduced, a sensible time period will have to be gone through after survivors have fully recovered before resuming large scale events. It is also highly likely that even once it initially appears to be under control, a resurgence or 2 cannot be ruled out, I would be astonished if the tour goes ahead, especially with the age of the band and average age of the fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 10:50 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 10, 2020 10:50

I just put in a refund request for a Wilco show next week. While I'm bummed about not being able to go I am grateful the venue is making it easy. The show hasn't been cancelled but as I'm high risk it wouldn't be responsible for me to go.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 10, 2020 11:19

MisterDDDD
Just a little pale I noticed when she left for school, rest of it has come on quickly.

Hopeful obviously that it's a common cold or flu. 17 people being tested in my county so far with none coming back positive yet, so trying not to get too panicked.
Grateful there are test kits here, not sure of the wait time yet for results, but have read a few days, where we will all have to be isolated waiting for results.

Wife wants me to go elsewhere (beach place) until we get results, as I am "high risk" and they are not, but I am going to ride it out and take care of her regardless,
partially because it would likely be too late now and partly because that's what I do.

Best of luck to you and your family, MisterDDDD.

OT: Pearl Jam postpones tour indefinitely due to Coronavirus
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 03:22

9 March 2020

[www.facebook.com]

As residents of the city of Seattle, we’ve been hit hard and have witnessed firsthand how quickly these disastrous situations can escalate. Our kids’ schools have closed along with universities and businesses. It’s been brutal and it’s gonna get worse before it gets better.

So we are being told that being part of large gatherings is high on the list of things to avoid as this global health crisis is now beginning to affect all of our lives.

Unfortunately, communing in large groups is a huge part of what we do as a band and the tour we’ve been busy planning for months is now in jeopardy...

We have and will always keep the safety and well-being of our supporters as top priority.

So it is with deep frustration and regret that we are forced to make this most unfortunate of announcements...

This scheduled first leg of our PJ/Gigaton tour will need to be postponed and shows rescheduled for a later date.

We’ve worked hard with all our management and business associates to find other solutions or options but the levels of risk to our audience and their communities is simply too high for our comfort level. Add to that we also have a unique group of passionate fans who travel far and wide. We’ve always been humbled by this and respect their energies and devotion. However in this case, travel is something to avoid.

It certainly hasn’t helped that there’s been no clear messages from our government regarding people’s safety and our ability to go to work. Having no examples of our national health department’s ability to get ahead of this, we have no reason to believe that it will be under control in the coming weeks ahead.

Again, here in Seattle what we are witnessing we would not wish for anyone. What we do wish for the rest of the country is that they can avoid the harsh negative effects of this and retain their sense of community and take care of one another. Just as we look forward to our next concerts and the ability to gather together and play loud songs as energized as ever.

We are so sorry…
And deeply upset..

If anyone out there feels the same based on this news, we share that emotion with you.

- Ed & Pearl Jam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 03:31 by mnewman505.

Re: Pearl Jam postpones tour indefinitely due to Coronavirus
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: March 10, 2020 03:24

Tour was supposed to start in 1 week

Re: OT: Pearl Jam postpones tour indefinitely due to Coronavirus
Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: March 10, 2020 03:34

I just poated at same time. I will dlete my thread. Not good. May cause chain reaction eaction.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 03:35

Mr. Jimi
I just poated at same time. I will dlete my thread. Not good. May cause chain reaction eaction.

Yup, i'm afraid this will be the first of many cancelled tours...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 03:35 by mnewman505.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 10, 2020 03:46

Love the virtue signaling.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 10, 2020 03:50

wonderboy

Ya think Ed's really in Seattle? Or in Hawaii?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 10, 2020 05:14

I just heard Coachella too. Waiting on a confirmation.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: March 10, 2020 05:30

wonderboy

Oh for the love of god, come on. What a nothing post that adds absolutely nothing of value.

Date: March 10, 2020 11:40

DeanGoodman
wonderboy

Ya think Ed's really in Seattle? Or in Hawaii?

Probably heading to Hawaii now. I'm sure they were here gearing up for the tour until now. Then again, his daughter is still in school. He lives down the street from me & Hawaii would seem like a good idea if I were him. Been cold here & they are even talking about maybe a bit of snow here later in the week.

Date: March 10, 2020 11:55

MisterDDDD

Best of luck to you and your family, MisterDDDD.

Date: March 10, 2020 12:17

MisterDDDD

hang in there Mr DDD & all the best to your daughter. we should get together sometime & swap war stories. scary times.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 10, 2020 12:35

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 10, 2020 13:41

For the very first time in 57 years tomorrow night will be the first football bundesliga match in Germany without
any supporters.
It'll be Borussia Mönchengladbach ( my favourite club) vs 1.FC Kòln, sold out with 54.000 people, stadium just a 15 minute drive away from my home.
Local authorities made this decision today, more matches to follow next weekend, I guess...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 10, 2020 13:46

With all the information we have now, I just can't see the tour happening this summer. We just have to wait for updated info from the Stones. I am sure they work hard on the matter right now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 14:16

Rokyfan
^ Dude is it really impossible to discuss this without the political crap?

technically, it's economic crap.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 14:22

The number of new cases in China and South Korea are decreasing rapidly. If true, that's good news for those countries at least.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 14:28

To be practical... I would say if there is a Stones postponement that they would only postpone the shows for May and try to salvage the rest.

Date: March 10, 2020 14:33

JDSAM1994
To be practical... I would say if there is a Stones postponement that they would only postpone the shows for May and try to salvage the rest.

Why do you think that? There is no vaccine in sight for the near future - certainly not in time for any of the Stones's shows. And I reckon the US can't shut down cities like the Chinese could.

This won't just blow away.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: March 10, 2020 14:43

A cute photoshop I just saw on a Stones facebook fan post (not an official statement by any means)

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 14:55

[youtu.be]

A little humor from the great Robin Williams circa 2002 concerning Keith and anthrax.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home