Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Have you jammed with a member of the band?
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 08:32

If so, who, when, and wbere? I'll go first. Chuck Leavell, Nightingale Studios, February 14th. Satisfaction and Miss You. I setlist whined and said "No Fingerprint File?"

Re: Have you jammed with a member of the band?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 20, 2020 10:55

Along with Charlie -- with my finger tips on the table top .... winking smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 20, 2020 11:12

I bought a 1967 Gibson 355 from Andy at Angel Music in Denmark St. in 2007 before the last show at the O2. He told me had jammed with Ronnie. That's the closest I've comesmoking smiley

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: February 20, 2020 11:56

Not with one of the band but with a guy really close to them in
the early days.
Alexis Korner in 1969.
Don't know if this counts.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 20, 2020 14:14

strawberry fields nothing is real

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: February 20, 2020 15:03

I've got a good one....

Chuck Berry at the Ritz in NYC (Forgot what year). At the end of the show while playing Reelin and Rockin, Chuck allows people to come on stage to dance around. At the time I weighed about 135 pounds and my friends used to launch me up.

So now Chuck is the back of the stage by the drums and the microphone is up front and between him and the mic are all these people. So Chuck asks a person to go up and get him the microphone. The person did not understand Chuck, so I went up to get the mic. As soon as I touched the mic the Ritz security stopped me.

So I waited for security to go away and ran back and grabbed the mic and brought it back by Chuck who had a mob of people surrounding him. I worked my way up right next to Chuck with the mic and security comes over again but this time the were physical and grabbed me. Chuck stopped playing for a second and told security "It's Okay, I told him to do that".....(Words I'll never forget)

So there I was holding the mic for Chuck while he finished the song. I can't even remember what he was saying, but I remember him asking the audiance something and then the audiance's roaring response.

I know there was a photographer there and if anyone has pictures, please "Send it to me".....smiling smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 20, 2020 15:08

5string (he used to be a regular and great poster on here, great guy too) played with Keith and Ronnie after shows back at the hotel on several occasions.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 20, 2020 16:15

Our guitarist has played twice with Mick Taylor.
The first time they just jammed in a friend's studio in Germany, the second time he joined MT on stage for two songs during a concert in Erfurt/Germany about 10 years ago. MT's manager made the latter possible.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 16:49

Well, yes. What I do remember (maybe I forgot some over the years) is that I once jammed with Keith and once with Mick Taylor, but ...... it was in my dreams. For the record, I played the blues harp on both occasions.
Ah, but now I suddenly remember a real one. We (a friend of mine and me) picked up Mick Taylor (and his girlfriend) from the Amsterdam Station to take them to a small studio in Hilversum (the town where Mick Jagger did a solo album).
He was going to cooperate on a two hours radio show "The Mick Taylor years". Off course we all hoped that he would do something live. When he said, what should I do, I immediately asked for "Time waits for no one". He then said, please give me ten minutes by myself to work it out. He then talked with a friend named "Erwin", who had an acoustic guitar and "Erwin" did the singing and ...... I, sitting on the floor in front of Mick, then joined in (modestly) to sing the lyrics along.
Well, I leave it up to you if that can be called "jamming"
(The whole event was documented!)

smileys with beer

Date: February 20, 2020 17:09

georgie48
Well, yes. What I do remember (maybe I forgot some over the years) is that I once jammed with Keith and once with Mick Taylor, but ...... it was in my dreams. For the record, I played the blues harp on both occasions.
Ah, but now I suddenly remember a real one. We (a friend of mine and me) picked up Mick Taylor (and his girlfriend) from the Amsterdam Station to take them to a small studio in Hilversum (the town where Mick Jagger did a solo album).
He was going to cooperate on a two hours radio show "The Mick Taylor years". Off course we all hoped that he would do something live. When he said, what should I do, I immediately asked for "Time waits for no one". He then said, please give me ten minutes by myself to work it out. He then talked with a friend named "Erwin", who had an acoustic guitar and "Erwin" did the singing and ...... I, sitting on the floor in front of Mick, then joined in (modestly) to sing the lyrics along.

smileys with beer

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 20, 2020 18:10

georgie48
, p. He then talked with a friend named "Erwin", who had an acoustic guitar and "Erwin" did the singing and ...... I, sitting on the floor in front of Mick, then joined in (modestly) to sing the lyrics along.

smileys with beer

Yeah, I remember....that was a great jam!

Ow no.... that must have been Erwin Nijhoff

[www.bullet-ray.nl]

Once I jammed with a guy who has jammed with a member of the band.... does that count ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-20 18:11 by ErwinH.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 20, 2020 18:16

I've got Ronnie's rainbow coloured guitar strap from the 90s on my black 81 Tele. Nothing closer. But I've clapped along with them live many times! >grinning smiley<

Date: February 20, 2020 18:54

DandelionPowderman
georgie48

smileys with beer

[www.youtube.com]

Very nice DP! The guy singing must have been Erwin Nijhoff. At the session mentioned above, however, Mick was playing electric guitar (yes, his Les Paul). and Erwin played along acoustically. A short, but beautiful treasure in my long "Stones life". He also signed my daughter's LP Standard (Tobacco Sunbirst), but over the past 18 years she has worn half of it off. Still cool smiley

Posted by: z ()
Date: February 20, 2020 19:02

ErwinH

Once I jammed with a guy who has jammed with a member of the band.... does that count ?

... I once jammed with a guy who has jammed with a member of The Band...does THAT count..?

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: February 20, 2020 21:16

I cut a track with Chuck Leavell in December, 2001 in Memphis - I did a cover of "Let It Rock", in the key of B - Chuck was gracious enough to play on it for me, live in the studio.

In Copenhagen, 2017, I showed Ronnie my "Ooh La La" lick on an acoustic and he said he liked it. Does that count? Didn't think so. Fun though.

Backstage at Wembley Stadium in August, 1990, Keith walked into the snooker table area and he had a boom box on his shoulder blaring Hendrix's "Voodoo Chile" and I tapped my foot and bobbed my head along with him...…..ok, I know that doesn't count. Still a lot of fun though.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 20, 2020 21:19

Keith poured me a vodka ... but no jam

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 21:36

I see, one of those exclusive, superfan-type threads.

I'll bet no one here can say how many ingredients it takes
to make strawberry jam, without Google-peeking.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 20, 2020 21:43

stone66

Four. Strawberries, sugar, pectin and lemon juice.

Damn, there goes my Rock Chick image...

Oh! Wait... I was once jammed into a hallway with all 4 of thhe boys. Image restored? smoking smiley

Date: February 20, 2020 22:15

great to see this thread take the jam direction

Date: February 20, 2020 23:26

I just don't have that much jam …….
………………………………….. Some Girls - Jagger-Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 21, 2020 00:06

SomeTorontoGirl
stone66

Four. Strawberries, sugar, pectin and lemon juice.

Damn, there goes my Rock Chick image...

Oh! Wait... I was once jammed into a hallway with all 4 of thhe boys. Image restored? smoking smiley
Wow..! that sounds like the beginning of a story I want to hear. cool smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 21, 2020 00:14

duke richardson
Wow..! that sounds like the beginning of a story I want to hear. cool smiley

It’s an oft-told tale Duke, I’ll bore you with it in Charlotte.

Date: February 21, 2020 00:42

If you answered, "Does this count?", yes, it does. Absolutely!

Date: February 21, 2020 00:45

stone66

I'm certainly not a "Superfan", I was just in the right place at the right time. I post on here from time to time. I'm a Journalist, but it was at Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp, and there were dozens there that jammed with Chuck, so it wasn't exclusive either.

Date: February 21, 2020 02:51

ROCKMAN

Date: February 21, 2020 04:36

roller99
If you answered, "Does this count?", yes, it does. Absolutely!

Ok I got one for you I thought the Hyde Park shows would be more reminiscent of the oringinal Hyde Park and brought a tambourine there. It's your choice to believe if Mick acknowledged that or not when he couldn't say "you sound great" with a straight face smoking smiley
[voca.ro]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 21, 2020 05:13

Every Stones show I've ever gone to I've sang some of the lyrics, along with Mick.

A lot of songs really, over a fairly long stretch of time.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 21, 2020 07:24

I played air guitar with Keith. Got his nod of approval.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-21 07:26 by mosthigh.

Date: February 21, 2020 08:54

treaclefingers
Every Stones show I've ever gone to I've sang some of the lyrics, along with Mick.

A lot of songs really, over a fairly long stretch of time.

Here you go. Absolutely. We're all fans in our own right, no one bigger than others and yes, in fact millions joining the Stones in concerts have jammed with them. Okay, it's members then, not member.
Still, roller99 's question gives interesting insides!
smileys with beer

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: February 21, 2020 15:02

no BUT : when Keith signed my 12 strings he plays the Not Fade Away intro for
5 seconds in front of me and friend.
[www.cjoint.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-21 15:04 by JMARCOU.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home