Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OPENING ACTS? Any Word?
Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: February 19, 2020 17:11

Lizzo for sure

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: February 19, 2020 19:28

I missed most of both openers for Chicago 1 and 2 this past summer just getting through traffic, parking and getting into Soldier Field. Same thing happened in 2006 when I missed Elvis Costello opening.

Beyond that, I think I've seen all the openers for my Stones shows over the years, for better (Buddy Guy, Dr. John, Living Colour, Lenny Kravitz) or for worse (Spin Doctors).

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 19, 2020 19:42

>>>>Lizzo for sure

Please, God, no.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: February 20, 2020 00:28

Javadave
>>>>Lizzo for sure

Please, God, no.

I accidentally stumbled upon a Lizzo performance at a music festival a couple years ago, it was actually a pretty good entertaining show...not a good fit for the Stones crowd though

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 21, 2020 07:54

I've said it before but Drive-by Truckers would be an excellent opener for the Stones. Those guys work hard with both band & solo shows. It would be a nice validation for them & maybe get them a bit of exposure to a wider audience. & their music would be an excellent fit with a Stones crowd.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 21, 2020 13:58

Javadave
>>>>Lizzo for sure

Please, God, no.

I don't want to have to record that. Please don't do it. Kanye West was bad enough once.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 21, 2020 14:56

DBT just started a pretty large tour. We'll have to check and see if any dates match up.

Posted by: panthercougar ()
Date: February 21, 2020 16:37

crholmstrom
I've said it before but Drive-by Truckers would be an excellent opener for the Stones. Those guys work hard with both band & solo shows. It would be a nice validation for them & maybe get them a bit of exposure to a wider audience. & their music would be an excellent fit with a Stones crowd.

I saw them open for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ~10 years ago. The crowd seemed more or less indifferent while they played. I'm guessing it might be the same at a Stones' show.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 21, 2020 18:34

Opening acts are chosen based on ticket sales. If, for some reason, a show is porrly sold out, they might add Metallica or AC/DC (examples from the past), and tickets will sell out in a split second. If tickets sell fast, there is no rush to add names of opening acts. They might choose performers they think will add to the complete picture.

We had many great opening acts in UK 2018. Personally I don't really spend much time or worries about opening acts, but I try to see them every time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 21, 2020 19:40

I would love to see Blackberry Smoke open a show or two.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 21, 2020 20:32

erikjjf

They are great live!

Posted by: Brzezicki ()
Date: February 21, 2020 23:31

Billie Eilish

Date: February 22, 2020 00:12

Sure looks like Nashville could use a boost. Hope the get a good opener

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 23, 2020 20:20

BV, I didn't know that the ticket sales determined the opening acts in some cases. Very interesting! So I should hope Cleveland doesn't sell so well & maybe we'll get a MAJOR ACT opening for them!

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 23, 2020 21:29

I've heard rumors circulating from some gents I know involved with Liam Gallagher that he might tag along for this tour. He opened in 2018 for the Stones and 2019 for the Who. He is likely going to be touring the US this spring/summer so it would make sense.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: February 23, 2020 21:43

DBT is playing in Evanston the day before St.L, so the logistics are in place just in case. They would be a dandy opener. In fact, the second time we saw them, they opened for Alice Cooper while touring Southern Rock Opera.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: February 23, 2020 22:21

CJFP
I've heard rumors circulating from some gents I know involved with Liam Gallagher that he might tag along for this tour. He opened in 2018 for the Stones and 2019 for the Who. He is likely going to be touring the US this spring/summer so it would make sense.

I would be happy for that at my show in Atlanta.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 23, 2020 23:14

Roryg-To add to your comment, Evanston is the last date they have scheduled. So St. Louis is a 6 hour drive but if they are done with tur tour why not? Even if not the full DBT, Hood and Cooley as the Dimmer Twins would be fun!

Date: March 4, 2020 21:13

Are we getting close?

When did they announce last time?

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: March 5, 2020 03:11

I used to like when the opening acts made it feel like you were seeing a double or triple bill (Van Halen, ZZ Top, The Meters) That ended in 1989 after Living Colour pretty much opened the whole tour. Then they switched to the flavor of the month (Black Eyed Peas? Seriously?) making it seemed like "America's Got Talent." Saw Kanye West open for them in 2006 and would have preferred having cancer. Hearing who their next batch of opening acts will most likely be insulting to their fans. Yes, MIck, you are hip and trending. Thanks, Keith, for shutting up and taking the money.

Date: March 5, 2020 03:16

Spodlumt
I used to like when the opening acts made it feel like you were seeing a double or triple bill (Van Halen, ZZ Top, The Meters) That ended in 1989 after Living Colour pretty much opened the whole tour. Then they switched to the flavor of the month (Black Eyed Peas? Seriously?) making it seemed like "America's Got Talent." Saw Kanye West open for them in 2006 and would have preferred having cancer. Hearing who their next batch of opening acts will most likely be insulting to their fans. Yes, MIck, you are hip and trending. Thanks, Keith, for shutting up and taking the money.

It’s just the luck of the draw. Nathaniel Ratliff was great in Denver I have seen Lucas Nelson before not before the stones but he/they are great whiskey Myers would have been awesome. So it’s the unknown that I like maybe you get a good one maybe you don’t. But ultimately it’s a matter of taste

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 5, 2020 03:40

CJFP

It would be great to see Liam again. Just saw him late last year opening for The Who in Vancouver.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 5, 2020 04:12

Most tours, I think the Stones have managed to bring interesting or relevant opening acts along for the ride. Some I liked and some I was not a fan of a all, but all worth giving a listen to. J Geils, Elvis Costello, Living Colour, Beck, St Paul & The Broken Bones, Journey (not my thing), Thorogood (amazing), No Doubt (not my thing but relevant), AC/DC, Stone Temple Pilots (when they were relevant), Soulive (probably left the crowd wondering who they were, but a great live band), Dave Matthews......all the way back to The Meters, Peter Tosh, Ike & Tina, Stevie Wonder.....They have not slouched away from putting some very good bands on-stage before them.

A few bands I would like to see them bring along: Cage The Elephant (bringing in younger fans), maybe an up and coming blues/rock guy like Kingfish, or maybe something heavier like Elephant9....but my guess is something more pop

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 5, 2020 08:01

Gallagher looks to be touring at the same time. Maybe some of the earlier dates?

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: March 5, 2020 09:37

erikjjf

Same here.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 5, 2020 16:46

Paddy
Gallagher looks to be touring at the same time. Maybe some of the earlier dates?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 5, 2020 19:04

Brzezicki
Billie Eilish

Billie Eilish arena tour is pretty much entirely sold out - she's doing just fine on her own.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: March 5, 2020 22:36

black keys interestingly have the month of June open during their tour

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 6, 2020 02:57

I've heard from some guys in Gallagher's camp that he might join the Stones. He'll be in Stateside at the same time.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 6, 2020 03:26

Larkin Poe would be fun

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1436
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home