Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Does anyone else not get it live?
Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: February 22, 2020 14:56

This thread is really pointless and just incites incivility. Aside from Blue and Lonesome there has not been a Stones studio album since Bang - almost 15 years. We have been lucky to get so many tours and shows since then. Very fan knows this so what is the point of this post?

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 22, 2020 18:26

I kind of get your point as there can be a corp feel to their live shows. I think a few club shows would help cure that as they can be a kick ass live band. They certainly have the material. I personally love the MT years but am also a huge fan of Ronnie Wood.

Date: February 22, 2020 18:35

I thought the OP had a legit question, and was asking it. I myself believe there was a time the Stones were the greatest live band ever. But I can understand how someone looks at today's Stones, and wonders.
Flyover is right: down with hate. But (hope I;m not naive) I thought OP came correct.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 22, 2020 21:30

I felt the same way before I saw them live a couple of times in 78 for the first time, then in 81. In 78 I felt Ronnie and Keef were weak, their weaving style did not work for me. In 81 they were much improved. They were way better in 89 and actually kept improving, in the late 90s, 2003, 2005, on to 2015 and beyond, so far. Keep and Ronnie are just blowing me away at this point, more than at any time since I started seeing them in 78. I wish I was around to see the band with Taylor at his prime, live, but the current version is very very good, live, IMO. Like a good bottle of wine that gets better with age (though in this case sobriety may be a factor). Have you been to any Stones shows, vs just hearing the official releases? Like The Who, I find the band enjoyed best, in the room vs live recordings.

Posted by: REMBRANT ()
Date: February 22, 2020 21:57

More For Us I Guess!! grinning smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 22, 2020 22:16

is this real live

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 23, 2020 03:57

FlyoverStones
This thread is really pointless and just incites incivility. Aside from Blue and Lonesome there has not been a Stones studio album since Bang - almost 15 years. We have been lucky to get so many tours and shows since then. Very fan knows this so what is the point of this post?

The fact that you have to ask states that you simply don't understand the OP - nor, obviously, did you read it. Are you just a common day headline reader? Seems like it.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 24, 2020 00:25

GLS wrote: "The fact that you have to ask states that you simply don't understand the OP - nor, obviously, did you read it. Are you just a common day headline reader? Seems like it."

...and so the rudeness continues. D'ya got a chip on yer shoulder pal?

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: February 26, 2020 19:15

I have some sympathy with your point of view. If your only experience of the band live is on this tour then you missed them at their best by 20 years or so. They were without Bill so the rest of the band would have been a little unsure of things however much they had rehearsed.

You've had some bitching here that you have only seen them live once. Unfortunately you can't go back in time and see the great tours. Albums and films can only give you a limited experience of what it was like.

If I could go back I would like to have seen the band in the very early days, before they had a record contract, they would have been sensational. I saw them on their first and second UK tours in the mid Sixties, again in the Satisfaction era, at the Leeds Lungs gig and the last time was in 1981. I said then that I would not make the effort to see them live again and I haven't. I saw the Stones when they were great, these days they are not.

Your problem, and mine I guess, is that it is heresy to come here and say such things. You're welcome here if you still believe that the band is "The Greatest Rock & Roll Band in the World" but it ain't and hasn't been for many years. Live with it.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home