Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Bill Wyman Archive Auction, Sept 12/13, 2020
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 30, 2020 03:35

My one item arrived today, a polo shirt of Bill's from the 70s.

He is definitely a "small!" I thought I'd try it on at least once ya know, I mean you gotta, but no way. I'm a large but even if I was a medium I don't think I could get this on, lol.

Cool to have tho. I'll hang it in the closet so I can see it when I grab a shirt and hope the moths don't come

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-30 03:35 by snoopy2.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 30, 2020 06:38

snoopy2

He is definitely a "small!" I thought I'd try it on at least once ya know, I mean you gotta, but no way. I'm a large but even if I was a medium I don't think I could get this on, lol.

Cool to have tho. I'll hang it in the closet so I can see it when I grab a shirt and hope the moths don't come

Strange, but true, that although all of The Rolling Stones are true giants in the world of music, they are actually quite modestly sized blokes.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 30, 2020 07:46

CaptainCorella
snoopy2

Strange, but true, that although all of The Rolling Stones are true giants in the world of music, they are actually quite modestly sized blokes.

I noticed that.. Wonder who's tallest. Keith?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 30, 2020 08:38

Irix
grzegorz67
Irix

It's btw a right-hand drive car.

Of course it would be!

What I meant is that therefore it would be less interesting for people e.g. from continental Europe or the United States. It's technically possible to change it to a left-hand drive car, but the costs would be too high for a 21-years old car. With only 19,000 miles driven this car would be interesting for people who need seldom a car. $16,000 for another 10 years (or more) and because it's from Bill Wyman would be ok for me. But I would not like to drive the car permanently on the "wrong" side.

or you could just do as Charlie -- sit in it and that's it.

plexi

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: September 30, 2020 12:38

snoopy2
CaptainCorella
snoopy2

I noticed that.. Wonder who's tallest. Keith?

When I spoke to all of them in 2016, Mick was easily the tallest. But certainly possible that some are shrinking faster than others.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 30, 2020 14:00

The Julien's site is quite interesting regarding the Stones. There're also items in other auctions:

The Zoo of Flags by Charlie Watts (London, 1966) - [www.JuliensLive.com]

For more Stones-pictures just do an Image-Search via Google with the line: "rolling stones site:julienslive.com" .

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: October 7, 2020 18:11

mattleeuk
I am on 18 lots so far... nothing very major but some nice little bits... the highlight so far definitely being the Pink Towel and the Toilet Seat cover both mislabeled as 1975 items but are actually 1972. Sometimes you have to keep quiet about the mistakes... 1972 Tour is always worth much more. The ticket stubs were generally quite price with juice.

Hey Matt, it's an interesting coincidence that you won the seat cover and knew it was wrongly labeled as 1975. I won the very next lot in the auction, lot 413, the stage fan. It too was labeled as 1975. I realized this coincidence when I went back into the catalog to make sure I remembered the date in the item description correctly. It arrives today, so I'll get a better look, but I'm having a heck of a time placing it in any photos, and I've looked through a lot of them.

I went ahead in time a few years to 78, and then back a few to 72-73, and I'm starting to think that the fan may be from that time frame as well. My hunch when I bought it was that it might have been used up front on the stage for a wind effect or just as a cooling fan. If so it definitely wasn't used at every show. In a later thread I might solicit some ideas for where I can find a trove of photos that may not be on Getty, Google, etc. In 72-73 I've seen something similarly proportioned, but it's inconclusive because I haven't seen a clear shot, so I won't even bother posting what I've found.

In the only photo they used in the catalog, they have the fan resting on the side that I would think is the side that blows the air. I'll confirm later today. The slanted side should be the one that rests on the floor to look like a monitor:

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 8, 2020 20:03

Congratulations on winning that fan

Date: October 8, 2020 20:31

I unboxed it this morning. If it’s meant to look like a monitor, I would think it should sit like this. Its center of gravity suggests this too. Now I need to find a trove of photos from 75, and maybe 72-73, to try to place it on stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-08 20:32 by joshbg2k.

Date: October 8, 2020 21:54

Does it still work?

Date: October 8, 2020 22:01

I am rather curious what are you actually going to do with fan?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 8, 2020 22:05

joshbg2k

Now I need to find a trove of photos from 75, and maybe 72-73, to try to place it on stage.

Could be the one on the very left side:

[www.GettyImages.com] · Large picture

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 8, 2020 22:13

Irix
joshbg2k

Now I need to find a trove of photos from 75, and maybe 72-73, to try to place it on stage.

Irix - you got it. As always.

Date: October 8, 2020 23:08

stargroover

I’m not sure! But it seemed like a good deal for something used on stage, and much cheaper than an actual monitor or other PA.

It takes one of those 3 prong plugs, the kind that plug into some TVs and computers. When I track one down I’ll power it up and see if it works.

Date: October 8, 2020 23:09

Irix
joshbg2k

Could be, nice find! The proportions are similar, but mine has vents on either side. Maybe it started its life without vents and they were added later...

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 8, 2020 23:42

joshbg2k
stargroover

I’m not sure! But it seemed like a good deal for something used on stage, and much cheaper than an actual monitor or other PA.

It takes one of those 3 prong plugs, the kind that plug into some TVs and computers. When I track one down I’ll power it up and see if it works.

BE CAREFUL!!

Double check the electrical supply it needs before you go anywhere near real live electricity. Is it 240V as in Europe/UK, or 120V as in USA? Is it 50hz or 60Hz? It may even be 12V. Don't assume that just because the plug looks OK, it's for the supply you connect it to.

Do you really want to plug it in to the wrong supply and see it vanish in a big puff of smoke and fire?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 8, 2020 23:45

stargroover

Finally the debate on what makes a “true fan” is settled

Date: October 9, 2020 00:00

mattleeuk
stargroover

Finally the debate on what makes a “true fan” is settled

Ha, yes, the potential for endless puns was definitely another selling point for this piece.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: October 9, 2020 10:29

I saw it too but never heard about second book from Charlie. I didn't find enything else about that book. If it is form our Charlie it deserve for own topic.
Irix
The Julien's site is quite interesting regarding the Stones. There're also items in other auctions:

The Zoo of Flags by Charlie Watts (London, 1966) - [www.JuliensLive.com]

For more Stones-pictures just do an Image-Search via Google with the line: "rolling stones site:julienslive.com" .

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home