Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Bill Wyman -Juliens Auctions
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 10, 2020 19:11

Glad you liked it, and I thought that folks would find it interesting .

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 11, 2020 03:19

Thank you for posting. Bill is great.I love his views on the band's history. He was close to Brian, Stu and Charlie.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 11, 2020 03:28

This link give you all of the video and does not omit the first bit..

[www.youtube.com]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 11, 2020 04:35

Well, that was great. I sure wish I had the scratch to pick up that last Vox bass, would look so kool on the wall. I'm sure its gonna fetch a pretty penny.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 11, 2020 04:46

Great to watch .... cheers Bill ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 11, 2020 07:29

Rockman
Great to watch .... cheers Bill ....

I can exclusively reveal here that Bill plans to spend the funds raised in selling his collection towards getting a good shave!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: June 11, 2020 07:59

Heck tell him ta just rub a Stone on his face ......

ROCKMAN

Date: June 11, 2020 13:38

I want the 56 Gibson Les Paul Custom !

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 11, 2020 17:15

TheGreek

What an Amazing piece of rock history.
Will be interesting to see what that it goes for.

I would want the amp cool smiley
Thanks for posting.. great to hear from Bill.

Date: June 11, 2020 19:00

MisterDDDD
TheGreek

What an Amazing piece of rock history.
Will be interesting to see what that it goes for.

I would want the amp cool smiley
Thanks for posting.. great to hear from Bill.
The Vox AC-30 ? Every guitarist who has a Fender amp and a Marshall of course wants an EL-84 loaded Vox AC-30 for that unique British sound . A very historical artifact as to it's lineage being that Keith and Brian ( I believe ? ) used it in the early days to record with . I wonder which will cost more the Les Paul Custom or the Vox AC-30 . The music that was recorded by guitarists playing thru Vox amps is quite legendary .

Re: Bill Wyman Archive Auction, Sept 12/13, 2020
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 12, 2020 14:18

Fun to watch and some good stories - I hope everything goes to a good home.

Date: June 15, 2020 20:52

Rolling Stones Bassist Bill Wyman to Donate Tour Bass Rig Toward MusiCares Auction

Julien’s Auctions has exclusively announced to Variety that former Rolling Stones bass player Bill Wyman will be donating his complete steel wheels tour bass rig toward MusiCares to aid music professionals who have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. The legendary bassist helped launch the initiative in which several other high-profile artists will be donating one-of-a kind items to the auction set to take place on Sept. 16.

“When MusiCares reached out to me about providing something for their COVID-19 Relief Fund, I decided to help by offering my original bass rig that I used on the ‘Steel Wheels’ U.S. Tour of 1989, which I consider to be an important part of the Stones and music’s history,” Wyman said in statement. “Nothing would please me more than to know that the proceeds from the sale of this will go to support my fellow musicians during this time of need, and to also know that my bass rig will find a new home where it will be appreciated for years to come.”

The historical item is being sold at no reserve with a conservative pre-auction at $200,000 to $300,000 and has been appraised at $2 million. The complete bass setup includes its custom Mesa/Boogie Road Ready 118 speaker cabinet loaded with an 18-inch Electro-Voice speaker, a Mesa/Boogie Road Ready 1516 speaker cabinet with one 15-inch speaker, one 10-inch speaker and two 6-inch speakers, Mesa/Boogie Road Ready 1516 speaker cabinet with one 15-inch speaker, one 10-inch speaker and two 6-inch speakers and a Mesa/Boogie Bass 400 Bass Head rack mounted in a Mesa/Boogie SUS-3 Super Shockmount System case and Mesa/Boogie Strategy 400 Stereo Slave Head.
[variety.com]

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: June 16, 2020 14:45

I sprung for the 3 vol. description set....I figure at least I'll get something from this auction.....

Bill Wyman's Stuff - For Sale
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 12, 2020 13:15

No doubt this topic will run and run with the collectors among us... some really great stuff in here:

[www.julienslive.com]

Discuss...

Re: Bill Wyman's Stuff - For Sale
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: August 12, 2020 13:22

Dirty Work acetates! Where is HMS?????

I’d like that She Was Hot video sport coat, but I doubt it would fit me.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 12, 2020 14:44

why is he selling this? is this for charity or something? i dont think he needs the money smiling smiley)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: August 12, 2020 19:32

The worlds most expensive T-Shirt sale.

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: August 12, 2020 19:42

MononoM
why is he selling this? is this for charity or something? i dont think he needs the money smiling smiley)

Definitely understandable. The value of material possessions is inversely proportional to a person's age, or directly proportional to the magnitude of the remaining life period. It's actually an attitude younger people can also learn from.

Besides, in order to make the distribution procedure easier for the heirs, it's definitely wise to turn as much as possible into cash ahead of time.

All this aside - long live Bill Wyman, a true Rolling Stone and a great musician! Check out his documentary "The Quiet One" if you haven't already.

Date: August 12, 2020 19:46

MononoM

“Collecting and archiving has been one of the great pleasures of my life and will undoubtedly be one of my legacies,” said Bill Wyman. “It feels like the right time to share my archive with the world. I hope people will get as much joy from my collections as I have.
He continued, “It is easier to let these items go knowing that a portion of the proceeds from this sale will support three causes that are close to my heart: The Prince’s Trust, Macmillan Cancer Support and CCMI (Central Caribbean Marine Institute) who are at the forefront of restoring the health of the world’s reefs and oceans.”
[www.juliensauctions.com]

Hope he held onto some of the cooler items in his restaurant..cool smiley
Very cool to check out the walls there... nice enough to let me in early when I visited, had place to myself.
Good on Bill for doing this, I'm sure he'll raise a lot for the charities.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 12, 2020 20:27

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 12, 2020 21:18

MononoM

He can't take it with him, when....
But now, he can have a hellova party!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 12, 2020 21:20

I want to see The Quiet One, is available for download, as I have thrown out my DVD player, I watch things on the net

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 12, 2020 21:46

I wish I could get a tenth of that money when I clean my cupboards and storage. The only advice I get now is...throw it away, there is no value in it...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 12, 2020 21:55

MononoM

He'll be 84 in 2 months.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 12, 2020 22:00

he's just doing what we all will do in the future: sell our collection as long as there's a market for it. Within 10 (or maybe 20) years most Stones fans will die and their collections will be sold by their children – the market will be flooded and prices will drop sharply.

When my grandfather died some 20 years go it was nearly impossible to sell his piano – even for as little as 100(!) Euros… Simply because too many people of that generation died for whom a piano was a sine quo non for a (upper) middle class household…

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 12, 2020 22:17

slewan
he's just doing what we all will do in the future: sell our collection as long as there's a market for it. Within 10 (or maybe 20) years most Stones fans will die and their collections will be sold by their children – the market will be flooded and prices will drop sharply.

I both agree and disagree, it depends on the item. Yes Elvis records worth $50 are now $5 but an Elvis cape with great authenticity that was $2,000 could now fetch $20,000. It all depends on the quality of the item, Most stuff that is widely available for sale goes down, but the truly rare and historic items that are "museum" quality can and do continue to rise in value. Unfortunately these items are out of the reach of many collectors because they are already expensive if you can even find them.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 12, 2020 23:23

mattleeuk
slewan

I both agree and disagree, it depends on the item. Yes Elvis records worth $50 are now $5 but an Elvis cape with great authenticity that was $2,000 could now fetch $20,000. It all depends on the quality of the item, Most stuff that is widely available for sale goes down, but the truly rare and historic items that are "museum" quality can and do continue to rise in value. Unfortunately these items are out of the reach of many collectors because they are already expensive if you can even find them.

right. But the problem is that nobody is able to tell if there's a market for item that have basically a symbolic value. A Stones T-Shirt is maybe $40 (already overprized) but if it was worn by Jagger it might fetch $500… Beside that – who's gonna remember Bill Wyman (outside the Stones community)? He's surely not Elvis nor Jagger nor Richards.
Beside that there's another problem with rare and especially unique items: Nobody is really able to tell what their worth until they are sold. And some of them are sold only once in 50 years…

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 12, 2020 23:29

I guess he is keeping the most valuable items (for heritage) and selling off everything else. Or maybe he's doing a clean sweep?

Date: August 12, 2020 23:33

I want this 75 costume of Bill's ....

Wanna go to the local supermarket wearing it .... mask on too of course

ROCKMAN

Date: August 13, 2020 02:33

Not a collector at all.. like things from the concerts I attended etc., but there are so many cool items in this auction, hard not to consider bidding on a couple.

Struck me as I was looking at this early fan club merch, in thinking about how cool it would be if Bill signed it.. And how AMAZING it is to be looking at a band pic
from 1965 and still being able to consider the fact that you could get four out of the five signatures on it to this day (difficult, yes impossible, no).
Really puts in perspective how lucky we fans are, and how fortunate that Wyman took such measures documenting their legacy.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home