Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11
Re: Bill's audition amp for sale
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 17, 2020 19:34

CaptainCorella
timbernardis
I think Matt Lee should make Bill an offer he can't refuse. That, or just buy it all for his Stones museum. That way, all of us could see and enjoy it.

plexi

I'd be more than impressed if Matt's pockets are deep enough to buy the lot - some of those estimates are gigantic!

Perhaps we should crowd fund a package to to buy if for IORR and then loan it to Matt?

Sounds like a plan!

plexi

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 17, 2020 20:43

timbernardis
Sounds like a plan!

plexi

A man, a plan, an amp... Panama!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 18, 2020 06:07

Maybe it's for the best. Perhaps an entity like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will buy it, and we can see it whenever.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 18, 2020 11:15

24FPS
Maybe it's for the best. Perhaps an entity like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will buy it, and we can see it whenever.

Now that would be a good idea. Wonder what kind of an acquisitions budget they have. But might be best to stay in London, the old home town.

plexi

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 10, 2020 01:14

Newbridge to host only European showing of Bill Wyman Archive

The free to enter exhibition is courtesy of Ripple Productions and is entitled, ‘The Bill Wyman and his Rolling Stones Archive Exhibition’. It opens on 10th March next and runs until  20th April. The property will be auctioned by Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills, California on Friday 29th May to Sunday 31st May with a portion of the proceeds of the auction benefiting The Prince’s Trust, Macmillan Cancer Support and CCMI (Central Caribbean Marine Institution). 

This exhibition is in fact the only European showcase of the former Rolling Stones member’s collection. The archive contains not only an unprecedented collection of Bill Wyman’s instruments, stage worn ensembles, personal items and artifacts collected during his illustrious three-decade career as a founding member and bassist with the Rolling Stones, but also important instruments and artefacts from his ongoing solo career. 

[www.meathchronicle.ie]

Bill Wyman Artifact Auction
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 9, 2020 02:00

Stones bassist is selling off items from his vast archive, including the 1962 VOX AC30 amplifier that landed him the job in the first place

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-09 02:08 by NICOS.

Re: Bill Wyman Artifact Auction
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 9, 2020 02:56

NICOS
Stones bassist is selling off items from his vast archive, including the 1962 VOX AC30 amplifier that landed him the job in the first place

[www.rollingstone.com]

Bill is so organized and he knows that his time is almost up so he wants his stuff to find good homes where the people will care for it and preserve it. Frankly the good stuff would be an investment just like a painting. He is getting rid of instruments that he was once intimately attached to. It was kind of touching to watch the video and he is still sharp and in fine form. He is definitely a 20th and 21st century Renaissance man.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 9, 2020 03:39

Date: May 9, 2020 13:02

loog droog
[iorr.org]

Sorry I did a search before i posted this

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 9, 2020 20:02

CaptainCorella
timbernardis
I think Matt Lee should make Bill an offer he can't refuse. That, or just buy it all for his Stones museum. That way, all of us could see and enjoy it.

plexi

I'd be more than impressed if Matt's pockets are deep enough to buy the lot - some of those estimates are gigantic!

Perhaps we should crowd fund a package to to buy if for IORR and then loan it to Matt?

A brilliant idea :-)

Date: May 10, 2020 00:13

mattleeuk
CaptainCorella
timbernardis

plexi

A brilliant idea :-)

By the way wasn't this amp used in the Stones exhibition?

Bill Wyman Auction August 2020
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 24, 2020 18:53

This could be really cool.

[www.juliensauctions.com]

Re: Bill Wyman Auction August 2020
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 24, 2020 19:57

"As well as an early New Musical Express program from one of the few shows the Stones played with the Beatles, a bill from the famed private London club the Scotch of St. James, a popular hangout of the Stones in the 1960s addressed to Brian Jones, a Rock and Roll Circus call sheet and more."

It will be interesting to see the amount some of these items fetch.

Thanks for the link.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 24, 2020 20:07

I just might pick up a couple of items there. Looks nice. Think I have a 10 euro bill somewhere. At least it's supposed to be in the house.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 24, 2020 21:22

so lucky you have house Erik ...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 24, 2020 21:37

Well more precisely it's an old toolshed, but nobody notices I live here.
It's a pesture whenever the woman of the mainhouse goes in the garden, I have to sneak out, and jump over the fence. But hey....at least it has got 3 walls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-24 21:39 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 24, 2020 21:41

A triangular tool-shed !!!!!....
Man it must be hard ta park the mower in a corner ...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 24, 2020 21:45

Not at all. It has 2 corners. Only missing 1 wall. As well as half the roof.

Date: May 24, 2020 21:49

Half a roof !!!.... 10 star rating ..... above ya..

ROCKMAN

Date: May 24, 2020 22:39

grinning smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 25, 2020 00:55

My best friend he shoots water rats

jb

Date: May 25, 2020 01:08

.... awwwwwww well that takes the pressure off ducks ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 25, 2020 01:35

Or at least the geese

jb

Date: May 25, 2020 06:48

Also hitting the auction block..

Prince, Kurt Cobain, Bill Wyman, Brian Jones guitars head to auction

Half a dozen guitars used by Kurt Cobain, Prince and the Rolling Stones' Bill Wyman and Brian Jones are crossing the auction block over the next few months and they will almost certainly all push their way into the top 100 most valuable guitars if they meet the reserve price.

Brian Jones' guitar from his last appearance with the Rolling Stones

Brian Jones guitars rarely reach auction, with his 1960 Harmony Stratotone that sold at Christie’s in 2009 one of the exceptions. The guitar fetched £79,250 (US$130,824) at a time when guitars were selling for a whole lot less than they do today.

Jones’ 1968 Les Paul Gibson Gold Top Guitar and Case is estimated by Julien’s at between $200,000 and $300,000, but if the assertion that this is the guitar used by Brian Jones in the Rolling Stones’ Rock and Roll Circus on 11 December, 1968, then it quite possibly means that the $300,000 valuation might be a little modest, as that was Brian Jones' last appearance with the Rolling Stones; he drowned some seven months later while the film was being edited. Don't be surprised to see this guitar blow through its expectations.

Brian Jones 1968 Les Paul Gibson Gold Top Guitar and Case

Julien's Auctions, September 12 & 13, 2020
Estimated: $200,000 to $300,000

[newatlas.com]

Bill Wyman - Guitar auction (sept 2020)
Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: June 5, 2020 23:33

Bill will sell some of his guitar collection! A treasure for all you guitar collectors.

There's one guitar that made me a little bit emotional; the one that Brian Jones gave to Bill in 1969. The Gibson Les Paul Goldtop. Maybe the same guitar as on the Rock n Roll Circus...?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Bill Wyman - Guitar auction (sept 2020)
Date: June 6, 2020 00:19

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 6, 2020 00:23

I hope they don't call off the public viewing in L.A. in September.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: June 6, 2020 00:46

MisterDDDD
[iorr.org]

Ah sorry about this. This topic can be closed now.

Bill Wyman -Juliens Auctions
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 10, 2020 14:14

Property from Bill Wyman going on the auction block including a 1956 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty which was formerly owned and used by the Allman Brothers Band probably from Duane Allman including custom cutout in the back of the instrument with a second control cavity and cover for 2 custom cutout holes which Bill Wyman says was probably a place to stash drugs when going thru Border patrol and customs . Pretty wild , a good collection of Bill's treasured property [www.youtube.com] Enjoy , as I certainly did thumbs up

Re: Bill Wyman -Juliens Auctions
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 10, 2020 17:16

Anybody who posts here would enjoy that video. I sure did!

Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2057
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home