Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
Bill Wyman Archive Auction, Sept 12/13, 2020
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 13, 2020 17:59

[www.yahoo.com]

Watch Bill Wyman Break Down His Upcoming Rolling Stones Artifact Auction (Rolling Stone Magazine)

Stones bassist is selling off items from his vast archive, including the 1962 VOX AC30 amplifier that landed him the job in the first place

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-25 15:44 by bv.

Re: Bill's audition amp for sale
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 13, 2020 18:11

"Wyman, who now plays with the blues band Rhythm Kings, ..." confused smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 18:53

A cicerone's contribution (start at third Q.)

From David Dalton's Stones book

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 13, 2020 18:54

Bill, please use Hot Stuff section.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 13, 2020 19:18

Audition amp estimated at $100k while bass used in recordings at $500k - would have thought it would be reversed.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 13, 2020 20:14

Juliens auction of Wyman memorabilia. Check out the catalogs

[www.juliensauctions.com]

[classic.juliensauctions.com]

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-13 20:18 by oldschool.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 13, 2020 20:37

oldschool

I couldn't find one mistake in the printed section. Amazing. They almost always screw up something obvious.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 20:38

thx for posting.. I just registered with them, maybe I'll be able to afford a cocktail napkin or something lol

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 13, 2020 21:51

Love me that '69 Fender Mustang bass. One can dream....

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 13, 2020 23:12

24FPS
oldschool

I couldn't find one mistake in the printed section. Amazing. They almost always screw up something obvious.

Am I missing something obvious here? The links take me to pages that will allow me to buy a printed catalogue.... but is there an online link anywhere to the actual list of items????

PS. For the record I did not know this was coming!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: February 14, 2020 03:16

CaptainCorella
24FPS
oldschool

Am I missing something obvious here? The links take me to pages that will allow me to buy a printed catalogue.... but is there an online link anywhere to the actual list of items????

PS. For the record I did not know this was coming!

Don't think they are letting us see the list yet as they want you to buy the catalog. They will have to give us access once the auction starts but you may have to register to see the items?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-14 08:21 by oldschool.

Date: February 14, 2020 03:34

oldschool
Don't think they are letting us see the list yet as they want you to buy the catalog. They will have to give us access once the suction starts but you may have to register to see the items?

Thanks. I'm more than happy to register...

I suspect that the cost of the catalogue will come down hugely after the event. I used to go to Sotheby's (etc) auctions in London, and after their auction of Elton John's stuff the catalogue set for that (multi volume, high quality, wonderful images of some remarkable art objects) were being got rid of for about £10 (that's UK Pounds in case it doesn't show up on everyone's screens).

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 14, 2020 04:06

mosthigh

My favorite Bill bass on my favorite tour.

Date: February 14, 2020 08:25

CaptainCorella
oldschool
Don't think they are letting us see the list yet as they want you to buy the catalog. They will have to give us access once the suction starts but you may have to register to see the items?

Thanks. I'm more than happy to register...

I suspect that the cost of the catalogue will come down hugely after the event. I used to go to Sotheby's (etc) auctions in London, and after their auction of Elton John's stuff the catalogue set for that (multi volume, high quality, wonderful images of some remarkable art objects) were being got rid of for about £10 (that's UK Pounds in case it doesn't show up on everyone's screens).

Hope your right about the catalogs Captain as I would love one but not paying $200 for it. Now if Bill were to autograph the covers of all 3 catalogs I might consider springing for one full price. But short of that I will wait to see if the price drops post auction.

That being said it does not look like they discount post auction catalogs based on their store prices

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-14 08:29 by oldschool.

Date: February 14, 2020 13:58

Why does he sell it? For Christ sake one of the most precious memories, keep it in the family. confused smiley

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 14, 2020 14:14

TheflyingDutchman
Why does he sell it? For Christ sake one of the most precious memories, keep it in the family. confused smiley

Like other wealthy British rock stars Bill Wyman will have a big estate tax when he dies so better to start selling off his belongings and property while he is still alive. Anyway he has a ton of stuff and this is just a small fraction of it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 14, 2020 16:27

schillid

cool smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 14, 2020 18:01

treaclefingers
schillid

cool smiley

Good one Treacle, love it!!!

plexi

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 14, 2020 18:18

TheflyingDutchman

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

C

Date: February 15, 2020 00:26

Admittedly a press release, but still worth reading...

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: February 15, 2020 06:08

timbernardis
treaclefingers
schillid

cool smiley

Yeah good one, Treacle

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 15, 2020 13:21

TornAndFried
TheflyingDutchman

Like other wealthy British rock stars Bill Wyman will have a big estate tax when he dies so better to start selling off his belongings and property while he is still alive. Anyway he has a ton of stuff and this is just a small fraction of it.

True, but after fees and donations to charities, Bill will be the main beneficiary so not sure how it deals with any inheritance tax issues.
Unless he gave over ALL proceeds to charities, something Clapton, Ringo Starr and Elton John have done in the past from their Auction sales.

Date: February 15, 2020 13:28

jlowe
TornAndFried
TheflyingDutchman

True, but after fees and donations to charities, Bill will be the main beneficiary so not sure how it deals with any inheritance tax issues.
Unless he gave over ALL proceeds to charities, something Clapton, Ringo Starr and Elton John have done in the past from their Auction sales.

The press release says...

“Collecting and archiving has been one of the great pleasures of my life and will undoubtedly be one of my legacies,” said Bill Wyman. “It feels like the right time to share my archive with the world. I hope people will get as much joy from my collections as I have.”

He continued, “It is easier to let these items go knowing that a portion of the proceeds from this sale will support three causes that are close to my heart: The Prince’s Trust, Macmillan Cancer Support and CCMI (Central Caribbean Marine Institute) who are at the forefront of restoring the health of the world’s reefs and oceans.”

So he's stated there that a portion goes to the charities, and by necessary consequence a portion goes to him.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: February 15, 2020 16:27

bleedingman
mosthigh

They are not that small. Our bass player just acquired one, and I was surprised to see how relatively big it is.
I like Bill's Bass sound almost always. IMO he is dead right about that little home made job of his. It is unbeatable; in his hands, in the Stones.
Except the '82 tour when he used that God-awful, horrendous Steinberger. It looks terrible, sounds terrible, and is just wrong.

Date: February 15, 2020 20:48

schillid
timbernardis
treaclefingers
schillid

cool smiley

Yeah good one, Treacle

Ha ha...I don't get a lot of love for some AMAZING one-liners that I do pull off and now I get credit for a beauty, direct from the hand/mind of Schillid.

Schillid, thank you so much for allowing me to claim the recognition for this, your work. I feel it only fair for the lack of recognition I've received for so many years.

Kind of like getting a sympathy Oscar when you're in your late 70's. "Sure, it isn't your best work but we need to recognize you before you die!"

Carry on!

Date: February 15, 2020 22:14

treaclefingers
Ha ha...I don't get a lot of love for some AMAZING one-liners that I do pull off and now I get credit for a beauty, direct from the hand/mind of Schillid.

Schillid, thank you so much for allowing me to claim the recognition for this, your work. I feel it only fair for the lack of recognition I've received for so many years.

Kind of like getting a sympathy Oscar when you're in your late 70's. "Sure, it isn't your best work but we need to recognize you before you die!"

...Actually,
...bv came up with

"Please use Hot Stuff section"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 22:44 by schillid.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 15, 2020 23:17

Palace Revolution 2000
bleedingman
mosthigh

They are not that small. Our bass player just acquired one, and I was surprised to see how relatively big it is.
I like Bill's Bass sound almost always. IMO he is dead right about that little home made job of his. It is unbeatable; in his hands, in the Stones.
Except the '82 tour when he used that God-awful, horrendous Steinberger. It looks terrible, sounds terrible, and is just wrong.
Going O/T but - Believe it or not, I have a Squier Jaguar that sounds very similar to Bill's sound on Ya Ya's. I only use it to record but it's pretty nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 23:18 by bleedingman.

Date: February 16, 2020 16:21

schillid
treaclefingers

...Actually,
...bv came up with

"Please use Hot Stuff section"

that would even be funnier!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 17, 2020 10:56

I think Matt Lee should make Bill an offer he can't refuse. That, or just buy it all for his Stones museum. That way, all of us could see and enjoy it.

plexi

Date: February 17, 2020 11:29

timbernardis
I think Matt Lee should make Bill an offer he can't refuse. That, or just buy it all for his Stones museum. That way, all of us could see and enjoy it.

plexi

I'd be more than impressed if Matt's pockets are deep enough to buy the lot - some of those estimates are gigantic!

Perhaps we should crowd fund a package to to buy if for IORR and then loan it to Matt?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home