Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jajouka
Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: February 13, 2020 13:27

Warner officials discussing the release of Jajouka. A nice insight in how things were perceived in those days.

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Jajouka
Date: February 13, 2020 13:48

«Insufficient Permission
You do not have the necessary permission for the specified Page to perform the requested action.
Return home»

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 13, 2020 13:55

"Unzureichende Berechtigung
Du verfügst nicht über ausreichende Berechtigungen für die angegebene Seite, um die entsprechende Handlung ausführen zu können.

Zurück zur Startseite"

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: February 13, 2020 14:13

does this work?

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 13, 2020 14:35

paulspendel
does this work?

[www.facebook.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 13, 2020 15:11

Flipping through some of those letters...I wonder what Mick and Keith took if that is accurate?

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 13, 2020 16:40

I do have a copy of the album with the cover illustration by Mohamed Hamri depicting the master musicians with Brian Jones. The album was released in 1971 on Rolling Stones Records. The 1989 Steel Wheels song Continental Drift was partly recorded with the Masters of Jajouka in Morocce.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 13, 2020 17:43

Interesting that this is dated December 1969 two years before its release on RSR and the Stones had signed with Atlantic/Kinney/WEA.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: February 13, 2020 21:03

From With William Burroughs: A Report from the Bunker:

I first met Brian Jones in the Parade Bar in Tangier. He had just returned from the Village of Joujouka, where he had recorded the Pipes of Pan music, which after his death was edited and processed in the studio at a cost of about 10,000 pounds. I went back to his room in the Minza and I listened to a selection of a tape made by a sound engineer with two Uhers. Very, very good job of sound engineering. That came out as the record and cassette of “Brian Jones Plays with the Pipes of Pan” [Burroughs owns and often plays this cassette]

Brian Jones Presents the Pipes of Pan at JajoukaAfter Jones died, the record company had no plans to do anything about this record, which was unfinished at the time of his death, although it was in pretty good shape. However, the Joujoukan musicians had a union and sent Hamri to London, and with the help of Brion Gysin and an awful lot of finagling and phone calls with the lawyers who were handling Brian’s estate, this thing finally came out and there was eventually some money for the Joujoukan musicians. You see, there was nothing of Brian Jones himself on the record and it was considered to be misleading because he didn’t play. He played with them in one sense: there is a suggestion of that, you see, in playing with the Pipes of Pan, he was playing with the God of Panic…

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 13, 2020 21:45

runaway

I first met Brian Jones in the Parade Bar in Tangier. He had just returned from the Village of Joujouka, where he had recorded the Pipes of Pan music, which after his death was edited and processed in the studio at a cost of about 10,000 pounds. I went back to his room in the Minza and I listened to a selection of a tape made by a sound engineer with two Uhers. Very, very good job of sound engineering. That came out as the record and cassette of “Brian Jones Plays with the Pipes of Pan” [Burroughs owns and often plays this cassette]

Brian Jones Presents the Pipes of Pan at JajoukaAfter Jones died, the record company had no plans to do anything about this record, which was unfinished at the time of his death, although it was in pretty good shape. However, the Joujoukan musicians had a union and sent Hamri to London, and with the help of Brion Gysin and an awful lot of finagling and phone calls with the lawyers who were handling Brian’s estate, this thing finally came out and there was eventually some money for the Joujoukan musicians. You see, there was nothing of Brian Jones himself on the record and it was considered to be misleading because he didn’t play. He played with them in one sense: there is a suggestion of that, you see, in playing with the Pipes of Pan, he was playing with the God of Panic…

Mine comes with a sticker that says "Brian Jones presents... it covers up the "plays with".

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: February 13, 2020 21:53

Deltics
runaway

Mine comes with a sticker that says "Brian Jones presents... it covers up the "plays with".

thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1267
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home