Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: Eagles 2020 Tour
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 12, 2020 01:22

tonyc
RollingFreak
keefriff99
Hardly a Don Henley solo show...I'd love to see that setlist live personally.

I would too. With Glenn Frey and Don Felder lol. Randy Meisner as well but he's just too sick. I'd go see that show with those 4 guys (Henley, Frey, Felder, Walsh). Otherwise, just doesn't seem like the real thing to me, even if it'll be tight and technically right. So are cover bands but they're just not my thing.

You could have seen that show in 2015 with Frey and Leadon. Except for maybe three songs from Hotel California it is the exact show in almost the exact order they were running before his death. I saw this in Knoxville. No need to see it now with Frey jr. and Gill.

Oh I'm aware. I very much @#$%& up. I mentioned how I'd obviously always known the Eagles, but that doc really made me look at them in a new light. And at the time, I couldn't justify a $200 ticket to a band thats obviously legendary but I'd just gotten into. Also, and even more the reason, I'm fairly certain they played NYC when I was in LA then LA when I was in NYC. But definitely just it was too much money for a band I'd just truly gotten into. I regret it.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: February 12, 2020 02:11

The ticket prices for their next show at Chase Center in San Francisco are priced at $750 for a standard floor seat, before service charges. They were around half that price for the last tour with Glenn Frey in the line-up. The nosebleed seats were less than half the current price. I don't know why anyone would pay $750 to sit halfway back on the floor to see Vince Gill and Glenn's son singing Glenn"s songs.

It would be like paying top ticket prices for the Stones, without Keith, and having Vince Gill or Marlon Richards do his two-song set in the middle, and having Vince do Keith's guitar parts the rest of the show. It might be entertaining, but would anyone pay hundreds of dollars to sit or stand in front? If it doesn't matter who's in the band, you must have lots of money and don't care. Which is fine. I could barely justify $75 ticket prices for nosebleed seats the last time Glenn toured. It was only worth it for Bernie Leadon and the songs they played from the first two albums.

If Glenn never mattered, then the "Hell Freezes Over" reunion tour could have happened (and years sooner) without him, too. Don, Joe, Tim, and Felder could have filled arenas by themselves. Which they are now (minus Felder).

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 12, 2020 02:38

marianna
The ticket prices for their next show at Chase Center in San Francisco are priced at $750 for a standard floor seat, before service charges. They were around half that price for the last tour with Glenn Frey in the line-up. The nosebleed seats were less than half the current price. I don't know why anyone would pay $750 to sit halfway back on the floor to see Vince Gill and Glenn's son singing Glenn"s songs.

It would be like paying top ticket prices for the Stones, without Keith, and having Vince Gill or Marlon Richards do his two-song set in the middle, and having Vince do Keith's guitar parts the rest of the show. It might be entertaining, but would anyone pay hundreds of dollars to sit or stand in front? If it doesn't matter who's in the band, you must have lots of money and don't care. Which is fine. I could barely justify $75 ticket prices for nosebleed seats the last time Glenn toured. It was only worth it for Bernie Leadon and the songs they played from the first two albums.

If Glenn never mattered, then the "Hell Freezes Over" reunion tour could have happened (and years sooner) without him, too. Don, Joe, Tim, and Felder could have filled arenas by themselves. Which they are now (minus Felder).

My thoughts too. $750 plus feeds for mid floor is nuts. Those trying to move extras will see prices crash. I'd pay $200 if given the chance, nothing more.

Date: February 12, 2020 03:55

I first saw the Eagles in 78 or 79. Then several more times over the years. I did see them a couple of summers ago in Tulsa with no Glenn Fry. I did enjoy it. Waited out the ticket price games and got great seats for a reasonable price.
The show was loaded with Joe Walsh solo songs and he was like the main man driving the show. They do sound almost perfect and just like the album. Tons of great songs and a good night of music. I would go again. And will if they are around next year. This summer is mick and the boys !

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 05:28

The Farewell Tour I show from Melbourne has been popping up on TV. I highly recommend it. The band looks and sounds great. The lanky Schmit and Smith are fun to watch. It is wonderfully shot. The cameras are where they should be. There is a warmth in the band. It is finally at peace with itself, confident and comfortable with its legacy. The performances are deliberate, precise and unapologetic. The guitars are spot on. It is one of the best concert films I have ever seen. I miss Frey. For me he was a necessary antidote to Henley's gloominess.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 12, 2020 06:14

Tim Schmit's origins. Used to see them at Cottage Park rec center teen dances on Friday nights, I was 15 at the time. Along with the Golliwogs, later known as Creedence Clearwater Revival, also regulars at those dances. Jim Duval and the Gauchos were down the street at the local bar but of course we were too young to get in there, though we used to hang around outside the door occasionally.

Kind of mimics the Beatles Paperback Writer. This used to get played on local radio all the time, don't know if it really made a dent nationally.

heres another cut, this time on George Shiro's local label. Pretty sure this one went nowhere.

This one did better, I think this was a British pressing, and got international airplay:

They were first the New Breed, then simply The Breed, then I think, Glad, before splintering off and Schmit moving on to play with Poco then the Eagles. Some of the other original members are still semi active on the Sacramento music scene and my barber jams with one of them occasionally.

Nuggets material for sure.

jb

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 06:17 by jbwelda.

Date: February 12, 2020 17:29

marianna

Exactly, thank you.

Date: February 12, 2020 17:42

$750 for a standard general admission seat? I refuse to believe that. It's more than a pit ticket for a Stones-show. Doesn't sound right.

Date: February 12, 2020 18:10

DandelionPowderman
$750 for a standard general admission seat? I refuse to believe that. It's more than a pit ticket for a Stones-show. Doesn't sound right.

Reserved seats on the floor start at $750 plus fees before the platinum and vip bs.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 18:11

daspyknows
DandelionPowderman

Reserved seats on the floor start at $750 plus fees before the platinum and vip bs.
Jeezus, that's outrageous...but someone will pay. Supply and demand.

Date: February 12, 2020 22:35

keefriff99
daspyknows
DandelionPowderman

I raise the BS flag on this one. We paid $325 just off the floor.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: February 12, 2020 22:50

MidnightDevilRambler
keefriff99
daspyknows
DandelionPowderman

Well, I was curious so I just looked at Ticketmaster for this Saturday's MSG show...

There ARE $750 tickets that aren't resale...and they're not even floor seats, they're in the mezzanine directly to the side of the stage.

There are two front-row tickets on resale for $3400 each. Insanity.

Date: February 13, 2020 22:31

keefriff99
MidnightDevilRambler
keefriff99
daspyknows
DandelionPowderman

Well, I was curious so I just looked at Ticketmaster for this Saturday's MSG show...

There ARE $750 tickets that aren't resale...and they're not even floor seats, they're in the mezzanine directly to the side of the stage.

Betcha they are TM "Ultimate Platinum"...

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: February 13, 2020 22:41

MidnightDevilRambler
keefriff99
MidnightDevilRambler
keefriff99
daspyknows
DandelionPowderman

Betcha they are TM "Ultimate Platinum"...
Nope, actually the Platinum seats were over $800 and were scattered around the floor.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 13, 2020 22:45

Its a sign from God that you have too much money and do too much cocaine.

jb

Date: February 13, 2020 23:05

jbwelda
Its a sign from God that you have too much money and do too much cocaine.

jb

Can't afford (nor would I want to do it anyway) cocaine when I am spending money on tickets.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: February 14, 2020 00:52

Not at all sure why he's involved, but strictly as far as guitar picking goes Vince Gill can play circles around just about anyone on the planet- Eagles, Stones, whoever.He actually declined Mark Knopflers offer to join Dire Straits (which is kinda weird to ponder since Knopfler is amazing..) Heres proof...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 14, 2020 01:19

roryfaninva
Not at all sure why he's involved, but strictly as far as guitar picking goes Vince Gill can play circles around just about anyone on the planet- Eagles, Stones, whoever.He actually declined Mark Knopflers offer to join Dire Straits (which is kinda weird to ponder since Knopfler is amazing..) Heres proof...

[www.youtube.com]
I had no idea he played like that.

My guess is THAT'S why he's in the Eagles, and because his vocal timbre is somewhat comparable to Glenn.

Date: February 14, 2020 01:22

Vince is an incredible player. He plays in a very similar style to Eric Clapton where it literally looks like he could do incredible things in his sleep. Like its not even fazing him. Alice Cooper had him on a track on one of his recent albums and it was a track with all the original Alice Cooper band. And they had Vince replacing the deceased Glen Buxton and people were like "what?" and I think everyone in the band was like "you don't understand, this guy is a @#$%& monster on the guitar." He very much is, although I don't blame many for not knowing it. Almost no one gives him the opportunity to show it off, Eagles included. His talents are frankly being wasted there, cause while he's a better guitarist than Joe Walsh, if I'm going to see the Eagles I only wanna see Joe Walsh ripping it. Him or Felder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-14 01:23 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: February 14, 2020 01:51

Thats exactly right...seriously overqualified and thats not slight to the great rock players in that lineup. Heres Vince on Duane Allman's '57 Gold Top just to show he's not all Chet Atkins style...literally he can do it all, brilliantly.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 20, 2020 21:11

Excellent reviews that capture well what an excellent show they gave. Over three hours packed full. I got my money's worth.

[www.rollingstone.com]

[www.rateyourseats.com]

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Tuna44 ()
Date: February 21, 2020 14:49

Agreed!! I saw Vince Gill at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival at Madison Square Garden in 2013 and he absolutely smoked!! He was one of the best performers that night!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 21, 2020 15:14

I think Vince is singing "Take It To The Limit" - originally sang by Randy.

His voice is much higher pitched than Glenn's.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 21, 2020 15:57

roryfaninva
Thats exactly right...seriously overqualified and thats not slight to the great rock players in that lineup. Heres Vince on Duane Allman's '57 Gold Top just to show he's not all Chet Atkins style...literally he can do it all, brilliantly.

[www.youtube.com]

And he literally did do it all on record back in' 06:

[en.wikipedia.org])

Was asked by Mark Knopfler to join Dire Straits at one point and turned it down.

Date: February 21, 2020 16:51

kovach
roryfaninva

[www.youtube.com]

And he literally did do it all on record back in' 06:

[en.wikipedia.org])

Was asked by Mark Knopfler to join Dire Straits at one point and turned it down.
Oooh nice! I think I need to check that massive album out pronto.

Date: February 21, 2020 18:13

Vince Gill wasn't too shabby a vocalist with the Pure Prairie League where he really got his big break.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 2, 2020 14:08

EAGLES ANNOUNCE RESCHEDULED “HOTEL CALIFORNIA” 2020 TOUR CONCERT DATES

Eagles - Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Deacon Frey and Vince Gill – have rescheduled their “Hotel California” concerts in Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, and St. Paul.

The new “Hotel California” 2020 Tour dates are:

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 Denver, CO Pepsi Center

Sat, Sep 19, 2020 Denver, CO Pepsi Center

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 Los Angeles, CA Forum

Sat, Sep 26, 2020 Los Angeles, CA Forum

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 Los Angeles, CA Forum

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 San Francisco, CA Chase Center

Sat, Oct 3, 2020 San Francisco, CA Chase Center

Fri, Oct 16, 2020 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Sat, Oct 17, 2020 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Wed, Oct 21, 2020 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

Sat, Oct 24, 2020 Phoenix, AZ Talking Stick Resort Arena

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 Phoenix, AZ Talking Stick Resort Arena

Each night’s concert will feature a “Hotel California” set, with an accompanying orchestra and choir, followed by an additional set of the band’s greatest hits. The shows are scheduled to begin at 8 PM, with a brief intermission.

Tickets to the re-scheduled concerts will be honored for the new dates.

A limited number of LaneOne Premium Packages are available, including amazing seats, transportation, preferred entrance, lounge access, commemorative laminate and more. Check HERE for LaneOne details.

Check Eagles.com for complete tour information.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: April 3, 2020 02:35

What is doesn't show is the special Cabo show on the beach Memorial Day weekend with the Doobie Brothers. It will probably be postponed if not cancelled. We were really looking forward to the concert and our first trip to Cabo.We have excellent tickets.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home