Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards quit smoking
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 8, 2020 22:27

I just read an article where Keith said that, as of October, he had quit smoking. Has this been posted here before?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-09 20:10 by bv.

Re: Keith Quit Smoking?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 8, 2020 22:49

On threads discussing the tour announcement, yes. That's where Keith made it public.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 8, 2020 22:50

DaveG
I just read an article where Keith said that, as of October, he had quit smoking. Has this been posted here before?

Get rid of all smoke as it doesn't belong in our bodies. One exception - any smoke that will help a cancer patient or anyone suffering from any circumstance shall be allowed.

Date: February 8, 2020 22:55

Rocky Dijon
On threads discussing the tour announcement, yes. That's where Keith made it public.

Thanks, Rocky. I hadn't read all the announcement threads. I thought it surely would have been mentioned someplace here. Anyway, good for Keith, a man beloved by so many.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 8, 2020 23:01

I only smoke during intercourse …….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 8, 2020 23:23

Rockman
I only smoke during intercourse …….

I tried that but 7 years was too long without lighting up.

Nate

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 8, 2020 23:28

is that like the 7 year Bitch ??????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 8, 2020 23:34

Keith quit smoking...Marlboro is filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection. grinning smiley

Date: February 9, 2020 00:05

SomeTorontoGirl
Keith quit smoking...Marlboro is filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection. grinning smiley
thumbs up

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 9, 2020 00:09

>shall be allowed

So glad its not you making the laws.

I always wonder exactly what "quit" means when applied to Keith Richards and particularly Ron Wood. Because you hear they "quit" drinking and then see them with what seems to look like a beer in their hand. And we all know how sincere Ronnie was about "quitting' the peruvian marching powder, and I would assume Keith just never bothered, yet they talk about being "clean". Its all relative I guess.

jb

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 9, 2020 01:02

As for Keith having quit smoking I wonder if this also includes weed (and not only cigarettes).

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 9, 2020 01:04

doitywoik
As for Keith having quit smoking I wonder if this also includes weed (and not only cigarettes).

Don't be silly.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 01:14

doitywoik
I seriously doubt it, and he doesn't need to quit. Weed smoke is less toxic...and he could always vape if he really wanted to preserve what are left of his lungs.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 9, 2020 01:16

Well done Keith, better late than never. Beggars the question why after all these years, looking forward to some nice clear vocals from Keith this tour.

Date: February 9, 2020 01:24

doitywoik
he could always vape if he really wanted to preserve what are left of his lungs.

Suppose one can vape cannabis or tobacco...
Marijuana doesn't contain any nicotine... so maybe that makes vaping cannabis safer than vaping tobacco.
?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 9, 2020 02:18

Finally....
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 03:49

One less bit of humor to make the rounds...

...but one can still wonder what kind of world we'll leave behind for Keith Richards:

Date: February 9, 2020 04:22

schillid
doitywoik
he could always vape if he really wanted to preserve what are left of his lungs.

Suppose one can vape cannabis or tobacco...
Marijuana doesn't contain any nicotine... so maybe that makes vaping cannabis safer than vaping tobacco.
?

Nicotine is the least dangerous component in cigarettes (in comparison roughly as dangerous as coffee, according to toxicologists). What makes weed and tobacco dangerous is rather the smoke from combustion and various things contained therein (tar, etc.). Vaping is a safer alternative for both but Keith doesn't really look like a vaper. If memory serves, he even ridiculed Ronnie when Ronnie had a try on vaping several years ago. But who knows? Next folks to interview him might sniff his clothes. winking smiley

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 9, 2020 19:07

Well this is inspiring.
If Keef can quit after all these years, I certainly can. thumbs up

BTW - I think Ronnie is still vaping. I wonder if Keef is vaping now?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 9, 2020 19:44

well, it served his guitar playing much more when he gave up drinking

Date: February 9, 2020 20:07

SomeTorontoGirl

... and if they pass the resultant tour cost savings along to their fans, then ticket prices should be much, much lower this tour.

Re: Keith Richards quit smoking
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 9, 2020 20:10

About time!

Bjornulf

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 9, 2020 21:32

Pack on the lbs now

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 9, 2020 22:15

black n blue
Pack on the lbs now

Not necessarily, hopefully he's on a health kick, needs to be as he hardly moved on stage last year, played great but it would be nice to see him more mobile this tour. Rock on Keith.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 9, 2020 23:36

At his age, surely the damage - if there has been any, that is - is already done, though?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 10, 2020 01:29

lungs regenerate, that's why quitting smoking tobacco at any age is beneficial.

Took me 5 years to truly "quit"...didn't have any cigarettes during that time but its hard to remove from your mind especially in the company of smokers. You have to accept the world for what it is, and if you really do not want to smoke anymore, live with the temptations. Luckily tobacco does nothing for you mentally so its not like its giving up dope and the feeling, whatever intoxication tobacco may have initially had passed after the first month of smoking, after that its pure habit and the short lived actual physical addiction to nicotine. The initial part was easy for me, I had done it a million times, it was accepting that this the new life now and it gets better with every passing day, or at least month. Problem is, it takes some months to really feel better so often relapse is the result of not seeing immediate results.

Good on ya keefer, stick to it man

jb

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 04:40

Big Al
At his age, surely the damage - if there has been any, that is - is already done, though?
Yes, that's true for someone his age, but there's still a benefit to stopping.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 05:43

I'm selling my Altria stock monday.

Date: February 10, 2020 06:38

spikenyc
BTW - I think Ronnie is still vaping.

I don't know. I remember pictures of Ronnie with a vape several years ago (somewhere between 2012-2015) but I can't remember having seen recent ones.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 10, 2020 08:21

No one has to smoke, or vape anymore. You have to wait a bit, like a half hour, but edibles is the way to go. Longer high, no quick come down.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home