Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Atlanta, GA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 9, 2021 05:39

shattered
Hairball
Voted for No Expectations - She's a Rainbow has been played in recent years, and not very well imo.
Angie would be second choice.

Where is the voting link or did I miss it?

Vote here. No Expectations

smiling smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 9, 2021 06:59

Hairball
shattered
Hairball
Voted for No Expectations - She's a Rainbow has been played in recent years, and not very well imo.
Angie would be second choice.

Where is the voting link or did I miss it?

Vote here. No Expectations

smiling smiley

Done.

YOUR VOTE FOR NO EXPECTATIONS HAS BEEN COUNTED!

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: November 9, 2021 16:36

Good morning, Stones fans, from sunny Atlanta! For those of you visiting for the first time, I hope you enjoy your stay here in the home of the 2021 World Series Champion Atlanta Braves!

After seeing the band ten times from Tour of the America's 75 to the Zip Code tour, I figured I was done.

Yesterday the phone rang, and it was my youngest son with happy news. His next door neighbors found out they have to be out of town on Thursday evening, and decided to give their tickets to us!

So....Stones Concert number eleven, here I come! I feel pretty lucky.

If you see a nice looking older gentleman with a classic black Steel Wheels sweatshirt and a maroon Voodoo Lounge cap on, it'll be me!

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: November 9, 2021 17:47

Great news Mongoose! I believe my wife and I met you in Atlanta during the Zip Code Tour. Hope so see you this time and this will be my 12 year old daughters 3rd time seeing them! Look forward to seeing everybody and Go Braves! World Series Champs!

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: November 9, 2021 18:06

Great stuff Mongoose.
I believe your first show was Greensboro '75 which i saw too.
Just took my youngest son to the Charlotte show a few weeks ago - enjoy!

Date: November 9, 2021 18:08

nellcote'71
Great stuff Mongoose.

Howdy Nellcote!

Yep, Greensboro, and, at the time, I was thinking "Glad I'm seeing them now before they get too old to tour." Yeah....right! How was Charlotte?

Date: November 9, 2021 18:10

frtylicks
Great news Mongoose! I believe my wife and I met you in Atlanta during the Zip Code Tour. Hope so see you this time and this will be my 12 year old daughters 3rd time seeing them! Look forward to seeing everybody and Go Braves! World Series Champs!

Yep! At Georgia Tech, at was I was convinced was my 10th and final Stones show! And, here we are again! I feel so blessed to get my son to his first concert of my favorite band!

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: November 9, 2021 20:34

Mongoose
nellcote'71
Great stuff Mongoose.

Howdy Nellcote!

Yep, Greensboro, and, at the time, I was thinking "Glad I'm seeing them now before they get too old to tour." Yeah....right! How was Charlotte?

Charlotte was great - like every Stones show i've been to! From memory i've seen them in Charlotte in '97, '99, '05 and now '21.
I'm sure they'll be great in Atlanta!

Posted by: VicJagger ()
Date: November 9, 2021 20:56

Do we for sure if the dome will be closed even if weather is nice (looks like it may be in the 60’s at night with a chance of rain.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 9, 2021 21:13

Right now they are calling for hard rain during show so I'm pretty sure roof will be closed. It will also be pretty chilly. Can't imagine the Stones will want to be warm, not cold.

Posted by: VicJagger ()
Date: November 9, 2021 21:58

Thanks Keefmick

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: November 9, 2021 22:15

As always the show's seem to be getting better as tour continues...

and y'all get the Zac Brown Band opening - Nice!!

Please reschedule the Vancouver, Canada date... i'm just a little bit jelous

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 10, 2021 00:33

I have a good feeling after a nice long rest they'll all bounce back after the somewhat standard/safe Vegas show, and will be able to give it all they got again.
Evidently Micks vocals were strained throughout the Vegas set ("...the desert"), and Keith seemed a bit lethargic according to some fans who were there.
Thursday night should hopefully be a return to form, and maybe there will be another new addition to the setlist for this leg of the tour which didn't happen in Vegas.
Looking forward to tuning in right here on IORR.........thumbs up

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 10, 2021 01:32

Leaving tomorrow morning for Atlanta, taking the daughter and her family and this will be their first time ever seeing them. One of the pleasures for me is taking family and friends to Rolling Stones concerts and watching them really enjoy the show. See everyone there!!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 10, 2021 01:48

Lol.. "standard/safe" Vegas show. Sounds like an old odd Vegas resentment tbh.

Nothing standard about a show with Rock's Off, Ruby Tuesday, Happy, 19th NB, et al.
Unless you've been to every show and somehow one song repeating puts it into "std/safe? mode.. confused smiley
Loved it, other than the opener the best I've been to.

Great town.. one where you can actually walk to a venue, with so much going on around it. Unlike LA.. even the much less expensive stadium here was better.
Only disappointment was the event shirt.. still like the one I made for myself better smileys with beer

Have a blast everyone going!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 10, 2021 01:50

RSbestbandever
Leaving tomorrow morning for Atlanta, taking the daughter and her family and this will be their first time ever seeing them. One of the pleasures for me is taking family and friends to Rolling Stones concerts and watching them really enjoy the show. See everyone there!!!!

smileys with beer
So great to take f&f wove never been.

Have a blast!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 10, 2021 03:10

Mongoose
frtylicks

Yep! At Georgia Tech, at was I was convinced was my 10th and final Stones show! And, here we are again! I feel so blessed to get my son to his first concert of my favorite band!

Hey, Mongoose, hope to see ya again while we're in Atlanta. We're staying at the Hyatt (Riot) House. Should be there be 3 or 4 Thursday.

Charlotte show was most excellent!

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 10, 2021 03:23

Do any of you ATLiens know how difficult it is to catch an Uber after big events at Mercedes? I may take the MARTA back to my hotel if it’s too much of an ordeal to get a car back.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 10, 2021 03:27

Elmo Lewis
Mongoose
frtylicks

Hey, Mongoose, hope to see ya again while we're in Atlanta. We're staying at the Hyatt (Riot) House. Should be there be 3 or 4 Thursday. Hyatt Regency??

Charlotte show was most excellent!

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: November 10, 2021 03:36

Do MARTA, trying to get Uber out of the events is brutal.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 10, 2021 04:06

FloridaStoner
Do MARTA, trying to get Uber out of the events is brutal.
That’s what I figured. Thanks!

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 10, 2021 04:13

I have gone to a lot of concerts and sporting events and never been successful in finding Uber/Lyft/cab convenient when the event ends. Walking or public transit is the way to go. One option I have used is walk a couple miles to a hotel and get cab or Uber there. Even if have to wait can sit in lobby while waiting. Now I always stay walking distance to the venue. To me it’s worth the extra money for the convenience and lack of hassle before and after the show.

Date: November 10, 2021 04:36

I do the same thing. I have been stuck in horrific traffic before.

It is well worth the extra money to walk to a hotel after the concert.

keefmick
I have gone to a lot of concerts and sporting events and never been successful in finding Uber/Lyft/cab convenient when the event ends. Walking or public transit is the way to go. One option I have used is walk a couple miles to a hotel and get cab or Uber there. Even if have to wait can sit in lobby while waiting. Now I always stay walking distance to the venue. To me it’s worth the extra money for the convenience and lack of hassle before and after the show.

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: November 10, 2021 13:56

Correct .. best advice for all these concerts. Walking distance to hotel. Getting out of parking lot, if you stay till end of ci
Oncert cs. Take u as long as s concert to get out. Or.. not recommended but does work.. get close to exit as Satisfaction is playing.. and then bee line out the gates to parking lot and get the hell out. Enjoy the show and history

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 10, 2021 17:17

Hairball
I have a good feeling after a nice long rest they'll all bounce back after the somewhat standard/safe Vegas show, and will be able to give it all they got again.
Evidently Micks vocals were strained throughout the Vegas set ("...the desert"), and Keith seemed a bit lethargic according to some fans who were there.
Thursday night should hopefully be a return to form, and maybe there will be another new addition to the setlist for this leg of the tour which didn't happen in Vegas.
Looking forward to tuning in right here on IORR.........thumbs up

I didn’t notice any of the scratchy voice and lethargy from up front in the pit in Vegas. It seems like they were totally rocking out!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 10, 2021 17:18

keefmick

Me too!!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: November 10, 2021 19:19

keefmick

Thats a good advice.
You feel so lost and your rocking-mood from the show changes to something different while looking and looking out for cabs etc.
I never had a hotel in walking distance because I always stay some more days and choosed a place in town/beach.
But in futue for the night after the show I will have a room near venue. Just for one night, After that I can move to a place in town.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 10, 2021 19:57

Seeing the sights of Atlanta, see you at the show tomorrow!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 10, 2021 20:08

2nd pic looks like the High Museum.

Maybe the folk art/Howard Finster collection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 20:09 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 10, 2021 22:42

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home