Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Tampa FL USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 26, 2021 21:30

erikjjf
cyclist
When was the last time No Expectations was played?

San Jose 2013, maybe?
Yeah, must have been during the 50s and counting tour. Can't remember they played it after this tour.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: October 26, 2021 21:34

No Expectations!!!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: October 26, 2021 22:11

TumblinDice76
No Expectations!!!

Would be divine!

This was kind of the first song I thought of as a possible tribute to Charlie when they talked about paying tribute to Charlie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-26 22:12 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: October 26, 2021 22:24

No Expectations would be nice for them to do entirely on the b-stage since there's no drums (if they did the album arrangement.)

I'm fine with any of these 4, but I voted for Moonlight Mile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-26 22:25 by rlj1010.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 26, 2021 22:42

They have played moonlight and far away in Florida
No expectations
Still looking for hand of fate
Is this mick s home town crowd
See you Friday
GOD willing

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 26, 2021 22:58

No Expectations would be fantastic!

All good choices though.. wonder what the popular favorite is... Far Away Eyes probably, always great to hear live as well smileys with beer

Date: October 26, 2021 23:25

MisterDDDD
No Expectations would be fantastic!

All good choices though.. wonder what the popular favorite is... Far Away Eyes probably, always great to hear live as well smileys with beer

Based on Twitter comments, I'm guessing Moonlight Mile will win:

[mobile.twitter.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2021 00:25

WembleyWhammer
Vote Songs for Tampa:

Moonlight Mile
Far Away Eyes
No Expectations
Worried About You

I saw No Expectations at Vredenburg '03, and while it was amazingly fantastic, not sure how it would translate in the context of a mammoth sized monstrosity of an NFL stadium with tens of thousands of people.
I guess the same could be said about Worried About You also, but since these are two of the four choices, my pick would be between those two w/No Expectations for the win (hopefully).
Farwaway Eyes is another that seems better suited to smallish/smaller venues, (it was great at Staples '13), while Moonlight Mile was only so-so at the San Diego opener '15...love the studio version, but live it meandered...

EDIT: Should have added, no matter which one wins it's nice to know there will be another tune added to the list that hasn't been played yet this tour. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 01:38 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 27, 2021 11:36

Worried About You has been played at stadium shows a few times before.

Buenos Aires 2006 and Zürich 2014 come to mind, there must be others as well.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 27, 2021 12:30

Topi
Worried About You has been played at stadium shows a few times before.
Buenos Aires 2006 and Zürich 2014 come to mind, there must be others as well.

Oslo and Düsseldorf 2014.
Sao Paulo 2016.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 27, 2021 15:04

No Expectations for me, but won't complain if it's Moonlight Mile. thumbs up

Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: October 27, 2021 17:20

I got Moonlight Mile when I taped Raleigh in 2015 followed up by Shine A Light.Very memorable.
I've seen No Expectations 3 times I think. The best recording I made was Columbus 2002.
I plan to tape Tampa God Willing.
I'd like to get Far Away Eyes.
If you vote for that I'll appreciate it.

Posted by: esqcjh ()
Date: October 27, 2021 17:33

esqcjh
rlj1010
A big favor for anyone who has Lucky Dips for Tampa...

I no longer have access to the email account I ordered my Lucky Dips to...

Once they send out the email that has all the pickup info, can somebody please post it here?

Much appreciated!

I will.

LUCKY DIP INFO

Friday, October 29
Raymond James Stadium
Doors Open at 6:00pm
Event Starts at 8:00pm

Greeting Stones Fan!
You purchased Lucky Dip tickets for The Rolling Stones show Friday, October 29 at Raymond James Stadium. Here’s what you need to know:
As part of the general on sale, a limited number of Lucky Dip tickets were sold at a special low price. The ticket locations are throughout the venue, including Side View, Upper Level and the No Filter Pit. You and your guest will find out your seat/location when you pick up your tickets the night of the show.
We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure these tickets go to Stones fans and don’t end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices.
We appreciate your attention to the following, so you have the best experience possible:
• You and your guest must pick up the tickets in person from the Box Office located at the South Side of the stadium between Gate C and Fifth Third Bank Gate on Tom McEwan Blvd / West Tampa Bay Blvd.
• Box Office pick up time starts at 6:00PM
• Picture ID, your confirmation number, and the credit card used to purchase the tickets are required for pick up. Without these things, you will not be able to pick up your tickets.
• If we suspect any reselling or transfer of these tickets they will be immediately voided and will not be entitled to a refund.
See you at the show!
More information at aegpresents.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 17:35 by esqcjh.

Date: October 27, 2021 18:49

esqcjh
esqcjh
rlj1010
A big favor for anyone who has Lucky Dips for Tampa...

I no longer have access to the email account I ordered my Lucky Dips to...

Once they send out the email that has all the pickup info, can somebody please post it here?

Much appreciated!

I will.

Thank you for posting! Very helpful!

LUCKY DIP INFO

Friday, October 29
Raymond James Stadium
Doors Open at 6:00pm
Event Starts at 8:00pm

Greeting Stones Fan!
You purchased Lucky Dip tickets for The Rolling Stones show Friday, October 29 at Raymond James Stadium. Here’s what you need to know:
As part of the general on sale, a limited number of Lucky Dip tickets were sold at a special low price. The ticket locations are throughout the venue, including Side View, Upper Level and the No Filter Pit. You and your guest will find out your seat/location when you pick up your tickets the night of the show.
We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure these tickets go to Stones fans and don’t end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices.
We appreciate your attention to the following, so you have the best experience possible:
• You and your guest must pick up the tickets in person from the Box Office located at the South Side of the stadium between Gate C and Fifth Third Bank Gate on Tom McEwan Blvd / West Tampa Bay Blvd.
• Box Office pick up time starts at 6:00PM
• Picture ID, your confirmation number, and the credit card used to purchase the tickets are required for pick up. Without these things, you will not be able to pick up your tickets.
• If we suspect any reselling or transfer of these tickets they will be immediately voided and will not be entitled to a refund.
See you at the show!
More information at aegpresents.com

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 27, 2021 19:29

Date: October 27, 2021 20:47

KRiffhard
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

BV already covered this in a separate thread. The article's author flat out made crap up and attributed quotes to BV that he did not make. Trash tabloid.

Posted by: jjazznola69 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 23:17

Who is the opening act?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 27, 2021 23:20

jjazznola69
Who is the opening act?

Ghost Hounds

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: October 28, 2021 00:49

For those waiting.. ticket prices have decreased and seating is opening up across stadium

Posted by: frijoless ()
Date: October 28, 2021 01:37

There have been a couple of small ticket drops this week. However, pricing has remained the same for the majority of tiers/locations around the stadium (it does appear that perhaps some extreme side-stage/limited view seats have decreased).

FloridaStoner
For those waiting.. ticket prices have decreased and seating is opening up across stadium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-28 01:40 by frijoless.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 28, 2021 06:25

I did some walking in Clearwater Florida today, where I stay for three days, before I head over to nearby Tampa FL on show day.

The Rolling Stones did two short tours in USA during 1964, first a few shows in June 1964, then a 2nd tour Oct/Nov 1964. Then during April/May 1965 they returned to USA for their 3rd tour there, some times called their 1st US Tour....

On May 6, 1965, they performed in Clearwater, Florid at Jack Russell Stadium. Clearwater is just 20 miles west of Tampa FL. This was their first show in Florida.

Jack Russel Stadium is still there, in Clearwater, unlike many other stadiums, so many gone over the years. So I walked there, and took the time machine back 56 years, and tried to imagine how it was having them on stage in this stadium so many years ago. After The Stones show there, they declared the stadium should never ever be used for rock music... More below.

Also, the hotel they stayed at, is still in there, in downtown Clearwater, just like in 1965, the "Fort Harrison", according to the local newspaper St. Petersburgh Times. I am told that Bill Wyman claim they stayed over the bridge, so who knows. Anyway, I walked over there too, the Fort Harrison building is still there, but today it is part of the scientology locations in Clearwater. They call it a "religious retreat".

According to several sources, The Rolling Stones wrote "Satisfaction", the song, during their stay at Fort Harrison. I am sure there are many opinions on that, but that is what St. Petersburgh Times as well as other sources are saying.

So we just have to wait and see what Mick will say on stage regarding this at the show on Friday!

Further reading:

That time the Rolling Stones almost wrecked Clearwater (Tampa Bay Oct 27, 2021)

"Screaming teen-age fans of the Rolling Stones rioted here last night, bombarding a police cordon with toilet paper, giant firecrackers and smoke bombs."

"Last night" was May 6, 1965, and that paragraph led the next day's coverage in the Tampa Tribune of the Stones' show at Jack Russell Stadium in Clearwater.

The Clearwater parks department sold 2,657 tickets at $2 each.

The band was on its fifth song when kids climbed out of the bleachers and "tried to rush the bandstand where The Rolling Stones were belting out rock and roll music," the St. Petersburg Times reported.

The music stopped. Mick and Keith and the boys jumped into a white station wagon and sped away, with Tampa Bay youths chasing after them.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 28, 2021 13:15

chrism13
Liking that Hand of Fate...Keith mentioned rehearsing that. What ever happened to Heard it thru the Grapevine that they rehearsed years ago in LA?!

Please…NO I Heard it through the Grapevine. Every BAND and his dog has covered that. Don’t need The Stones doing that.

Rod

Date: October 28, 2021 13:35

bitusa2012
chrism13
Liking that Hand of Fate...Keith mentioned rehearsing that. What ever happened to Heard it thru the Grapevine that they rehearsed years ago in LA?!

Please…NO I Heard it through the Grapevine. Every BAND and his dog has covered that. Don’t need The Stones doing that.

Agreed. Plus it always reminds me of the Fruit of the Loom underwear commercial.

On another note the weather forecast looks great: partly cloudy, high 79, low 66.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: bvaught ()
Date: October 28, 2021 17:05

Hi
Can someone please post the song vote link for tomorrow's Tampa show. Thank you

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 28, 2021 17:07

Tampa Song Vote

Also posted on page one of this thread, first post.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bvaught ()
Date: October 28, 2021 17:16

Thank you!

Posted by: Mhyneso ()
Date: October 28, 2021 17:53

I have 2 extra pit for Tampa if anyone needs them for face value $585 per
Call Cathy760 533 8633

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: October 28, 2021 17:53

Hopefully Keith won’t need his rain stick tomorrow night!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 28, 2021 18:28

Pit 2 tickets are available for face value for Tampa on Ticketmaster now.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: October 28, 2021 19:57

How is the weather in Tampa? I see some bad storms are expected in the area tonight.

Looks like a tornado watch was issued.

From what I am seeing ...it looks to be better tomorrow.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2097
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home