Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Charlotte, NC USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 19:08

Must be the first time ever I voted against SV and chose FAE.
All great choices.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: September 29, 2021 19:29

Does anyone know a/b what time the opening band is playing? My guess is 6:30PM EST -7:30PM EST but wasn't sure if it was more like 7-8? (A half hour could be a big difference in beers at the pre-party!). I missed the Avett Brothers in Raleigh 2015 and wish I had seen them. But... tailgating with friends and Stones fans is always a blast too!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 29, 2021 19:45

BustedButton

Does anyone know a/b what time the opening band is playing?

In St. Louis pictures/videos of the opening act (The Revivalists) were posted around 8pm - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 20:05 by Irix.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 29, 2021 19:55

Ticket says 7:30 as it did for St Louis and opener came on right at 7:30pm sharp. Played until about 8:10. Stones on stage at 8:45-8:50pm

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 29, 2021 20:03

The warm up act act go on stage at the show start time as printed on the tickets. For St. Louis that was 7:30mp. The Revivalists went on stage 7:30pm sharp, and performed until approx 8:15pm (I did not check exact time).

The Rolling Stones had an internal on-stage time set to 8:45pm, and they were just one minute late, starting the Charlie Watts tribute opener at 8:46pm in St. Louis.

Charlotte will have the same times, ticket says 7:30pm show, so that is when the warm up go on stage, and we should expect The Rolling Stones on stage at 8:45pm.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 20:04 by bv.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 29, 2021 20:09

Geez. What a change. Do folks remember the arenas from 1981. They’d hit the stage at 10:30PM. There was like a 2 hour wait after opening act. Lol

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 20:39

Does anyone know what time the gates open?

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 21:14

Topi,

Hi there. With the lucky dips,do people get upgraded if they ask? In Chicago, guest relations said no.I have LD for Charlotte and have a feeling they will be good seats like the LD for St Louis

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 22:01

ohmercy61
Does anyone know what time the gates open?

Email says doors open 5:30pm

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 22:01

I checked the stadium website and the gates open at 5:30 pm.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 29, 2021 22:06

Sockers56
Topi,

Hi there. With the lucky dips,do people get upgraded if they ask? In Chicago, guest relations said no.I have LD for Charlotte and have a feeling they will be good seats like the LD for St Louis

I don't think it works that way.

But flash a $50 bill at them and ask nicely? winking smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 22:27

Topi
Sockers56
Topi,

In Denver my wife and I wenn to the customer service inside the Stadium. We had Bad LD seats in the upper Level. We said my wife has fear of height and we didn't have these steep Stadiums in Germany. We were Upgraded without any problem to some of the best seats on the lower Level in Line with the B-Stage.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 29, 2021 22:29

Topi
Sockers56
Topi,

Many, myself included have asked and received better seats in the past.
Was mainly back when they used to give out a lot of nosebleeds though, and that hasn't been the case for the last couple tours.

First pair I got, when they called them "$85 Mystery" tickets, I was able to get upgraded to lower level side stage after asking a guest services rep at MGM Grand.
Typically you would have to have a decent reason though, can't see, ,muffled sound, can't physically climb that many stairs etc.
Happened fairly frequently back then, but fortunately the fill the nosebleeds strategy has been replaced by them distributing mostly pre-designated side stage areas and pits.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 29, 2021 22:37

Well there you go! It's "here goes nothing" if you ask.

Maybe I have just been too shy before...

I do remember in Stuttgart the guy upgrading these young girls from GA to pit was like "negative, guys" when me and my friend as much as approached him to ask for a pit wristband. (Eventually we did get taken care of, in another way)

Prague, now, that's one for the ages. Could tell you a thing or two about that LD pickup. But that was closing a deal, not asking...;-) And in Prague the whole LD "draw" was skewed anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 22:40 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 29, 2021 22:54

Topi
Well there you go! It's "here goes nothing" if you ask.

Maybe I have just been too shy before...

I do remember in Stuttgart the guy upgrading these young girls from GA to pit was like "negative, guys" when me and my friend as much as approached him to ask for a pit wristband. (Eventually we did get taken care of, in another way)

Prague, now, that's one for the ages. Could tell you a thing or two about that LD pickup. But that was closing a deal, not asking...;-) And in Prague the whole LD "draw" was skewed anyway.

Had completely forgotten about it, but I got upgraded at one of the Chicago shows last tour.
Went to guest services and asked if I could exchange my more expensive upper level seats for the floor.. He sifted through a stack and handed us two GA floors.. which ultimately led to the pit, where I ran into you smileys with beer

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: September 29, 2021 23:03

MisterDDDD

Had completely forgotten about it, but I got upgraded at one of the Chicago shows last tour.
Went to guest services and asked if I could exchange my more expensive upper level seats for the floor.. He sifted through a stack and handed us two GA floors.. which ultimately led to the pit, where I ran into you smileys with beer

Those uppers were obstructed view!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 29, 2021 23:24

Is this the coolest 78 year old in the world smoking smiley

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 30, 2021 00:31

Give us a glimmer ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 30, 2021 00:41

Bashlets
Geez. What a change. Do folks remember the arenas from 1981. They’d hit the stage at 10:30PM. There was like a 2 hour wait after opening act. Lol

Those were the days. The non-traveling hometown fan didn't know the setlist. Views weren't obstructed by smart phones users.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 30, 2021 00:47

Rockman
Give us a glimmer ....

Don't be wearing your WHO 1989 tour tee-shirt during the show tonight.eye popping smiley

Date: September 30, 2021 00:50

World Health Organization .... were they around back in 89 ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 30, 2021 01:14

Thanks, Rockman - I needed that laugh!

Date: September 30, 2021 01:19

.... and doin T's tooooo !!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 30, 2021 01:46

Hhhhhaaaahaaaa...

Date: September 30, 2021 02:21

Is B
ank of America an open air stadium?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 30, 2021 02:45

Yes

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: September 30, 2021 02:59

Here...in town..lomg drive

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 30, 2021 03:10

MisterDDDD
Topi
Sockers56
Topi,

Many, myself included have asked and received better seats in the past.
Was mainly back when they used to give out a lot of nosebleeds though, and that hasn't been the case for the last couple tours.

First pair I got, when they called them "$85 Mystery" tickets, I was able to get upgraded to lower level side stage after asking a guest services rep at MGM Grand.
Typically you would have to have a decent reason though, can't see, ,muffled sound, can't physically climb that many stairs etc.
Happened fairly frequently back then, but fortunately the fill the nosebleeds strategy has been replaced by them distributing mostly pre-designated side stage areas and pits.

I've done this as well and it's always worked! Just ask nicely, no BS, and it should be no problem.

Posted by: pdw ()
Date: September 30, 2021 03:22

Does anyone know who the warmup act is? The Revivalists are playing St Augustine tomorrow night so it's not them.

Date: September 30, 2021 03:28

keefmick
Yes

Thank you!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1988
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50