Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Charlotte, NC USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:44

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones No Filter USA Tour 2021 show and travel here:

CHARLOTTE

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 15:17 by bv.

Re: Charlotte, NC USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: February 7, 2020 11:17

We plan to do the double Charlotte/Tampa.

Headquarter in Tampa, go to Charlotte on showday and the next day back to Tampa. But we`re very afraid of the cancellations of fligths from/to CLT. Last year on our "missed" tour(Miami,Jax, Houston and New Orleans, on the original dates), we stranded two times in Charlotte sad smiley btw. now we know a hotel close to the stadium , because we had to stay in Charlotte ...

Some thoughts or alternative travel advices ?

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: February 7, 2020 11:55

austrianstones

Headquarter in Tampa, go to Charlotte on showday and the next day back to Tampa. But we`re very afraid of the cancellations of fligths from/to CLT. Last year on our "missed" tour(Miami,Jax, Houston and New Orleans, on the original dates), we stranded two times in Charlotte sad smiley btw. now we know a hotel close to the stadium , because we had to stay in Charlotte ...

I will be doing Pittsburgh/St Louis/Charlotte this year, I always try to avoid having my travel days on show days, that way any changes to plans can hopefully be worked out with less chance of missing a show.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 10, 2020 16:51

Having trouble logging into a Ticketmaster account, trying to reset password, what other sellers can be used for the presale?
Thanks

Date: February 13, 2020 22:33

See you in Section 110, Row 15...Keith's side at end of runway.smileys with beer

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: February 14, 2020 08:23

Too early to talk about where to meet up before the show? I'm from Raleigh, NC but I have friends in Charlotte who recommended these places near the stadium:
The Dog House
Unknown Brewery
Whiskey Warehouse
French Quarter

Thoughts?

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 14, 2020 13:07

Looks like in june/july I'll be in Charlotte for the 1st time,
but somehow I've been talking with friends about a specific bar for years already.

The Thirsty Beaver Saloon!

Date: February 14, 2020 13:38

ErwinH
Looks like in june/july I'll be in Charlotte for the 1st time,
but somehow I've been talking with friends about a specific bar for years already.

The Thirsty Beaver Saloon!

smoking smiley

Date: February 14, 2020 13:51

BustedButton
Too early to talk about where to meet up before the show? I'm from Raleigh, NC but I have friends in Charlotte who recommended these places near the stadium:
The Dog House
Unknown Brewery
Whiskey Warehouse
French Quarter

Thoughts?

Charlotte is a small downtown ("uptown" I think they call it) area, just 8 x 8 blocks. Everything is walking distance 10 minutes. It should be possible to find a nice place to meet, with large space, beers on the tap, and decent food. My only requirement is not loud music, I just hate it when I can't talk and do not hear because they play loud, also if the aircon is at freezing point it is a nightmare.

I checked the places mentioned above. The only one inside what I call the 8x8 block downtown (uptown) Charlotte area is this place:

French Quarter Restaurant, South Church Street, Charlotte, NC, USA

It looks good for me, but personally I would like to see the place in person before I would like to make it my favorite joint. Arriving 1-2 days before the show, I would be happy to look into places and do a recommendation here.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-14 13:53 by bv.

Date: February 14, 2020 16:47

bv
BustedButton
The Dog House
Unknown Brewery
Whiskey Warehouse
French Quarter

Thoughts?

Charlotte is a small downtown ("uptown" I think they call it) area, just 8 x 8 blocks. Everything is walking distance 10 minutes. It should be possible to find a nice place to meet, with large space, beers on the tap, and decent food. My only requirement is not loud music, I just hate it when I can't talk and do not hear because they play loud, also if the aircon is at freezing point it is a nightmare.

I checked the places mentioned above. The only one inside what I call the 8x8 block downtown (uptown) Charlotte area is this place:

French Quarter Restaurant, South Church Street, Charlotte, NC, USA

It looks good for me, but personally I would like to see the place in person before I would like to make it my favorite joint. Arriving 1-2 days before the show, I would be happy to look into places and do a recommendation here.

BV,

Agree. Been to downtown Charlotte a lot. We live only two hours away.

Recommend the Irish bar Rí Rá Irish Pub

Maybe you can set up a Meet and Great for use IORR'rs

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-14 16:48 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Date: February 14, 2020 17:12

Well I hear that bar is just a couple of blocks away from the venue, so it will be jam packed on show day. I am sure we will find a better place once we get closer to show day.

Bjornulf

Date: February 14, 2020 18:55

bv
Well I hear that bar is just a couple of blocks away from the venue, so it will be jam packed on show day. I am sure we will find a better place once we get closer to show day.

Suit yourself, I'm always able to get in.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 14, 2020 19:48

austrianstones

Rent a car and drive between Tampa and Charlotte

Date: February 14, 2020 22:35

spikenyc
austrianstones

....about 11 hours...

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: February 15, 2020 00:52

I've been to Ri Ra Irish Pub before, it's a good place with an upstairs, downstairs, and a decent sized deck overlooking a small part of the downtown area.
BV -- if you get a chance to check out these bars I'm very happy for you to make the final decision.

So far we have:

Whiskey Warehouse -- 1 hour walk to the stadium (10-15 min drive, uber, cab, etc...)

Thirsty Beaver -- 50 min walk (5-15 min drive)

Ri Ra Irish Pub -- 15 min walk to stadium

Unknown Brewery -- 9 min walk

French Quarter -- 8 min

The Doghouse -- 3 min

Posted by: UNCSTONE ()
Date: February 18, 2020 05:14

BV -

I live in Charlotte and am about 3 miles from the stadium. I am happy to scout anything out for you and help out in anyway.

South End is also fairly nearby the stadium. It is full of bars and breweries and is on the light rail system that goes into downtown (where the stadium is).

Charlotte is a big tailgating city - that might also be an option.

I’m going to the St. Louis show but will head back to Charlotte on June 28th so have plenty of time to help out! Just let me know.

Donna

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 18, 2020 10:21

MidnightDevilRambler
spikenyc
austrianstones

....about 11 hours...

There are many days betweeen the shows, thinking about renting a car myself. But first plane lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: February 27, 2020 18:13

Charlotte on a Sunday is Perfect for Football as Uptown(Downtown) offices are all closed. All available lots and Garages are used for Football parking as there is no parking lot at the Stadium . This being a Wednesday show the workforce population should be considered and light rail is now an option. Agree- As the show gets closer is when the decision should be made. Thanks

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 30, 2021 09:15

UNCSTONE
BV -

I live in Charlotte and am about 3 miles from the stadium. I am happy to scout anything out for you and help out in anyway.

South End is also fairly nearby the stadium. It is full of bars and breweries and is on the light rail system that goes into downtown (where the stadium is).

Charlotte is a big tailgating city - that might also be an option.

I’m going to the St. Louis show but will head back to Charlotte on June 28th so have plenty of time to help out! Just let me know.

Donna

Go TARHEELS! The Stones in Carolina is ALWAYS a great time!

Re: Charlotte, NC USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 4, 2021 17:39

Only show as of now I’ll be able to catch, so looking forward to it. I have to say though - looking at TM, there are still a LOT of seats for sale!!

Posted by: UNCSTONE ()
Date: August 23, 2021 00:17

Hi! My concert mates for the Charlotte show don’t look like they are going to be able to enter the country from Amsterdam. Anyone else in Pit 2?

Posted by: pdw ()
Date: August 28, 2021 01:54

Hi, Ill be there with my wife and son in the upper deck. Would be nice if those of us going could meet up before the show. So far the Charlotte thread has been mostly silent. Hope we can get some plans started!!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:25

Just found out I'm going to Charlotte. Hope to see some of you at StonesDoug's pre-show party!

Elmo AKA Scotty

Date: September 18, 2021 20:27

Sept 29th Pre Party Eve will be at
French Quarter Restaurant
321 S Church St
Charlotte, NC
Party 6 pm to 10 pm

Sept 30th Pre Party!!
The Public House
300 S Brevard Street
Charlotte, NC

Party 2pm to 6 pm

Date: September 18, 2021 20:39

Last minute decision to hit up Charlotte - will try to get there in time for the pre-parties. Also looking for a spare ticket but I'm not worried since there are plenty of tickets still unsold. If anyone is stuck with an extra ticket let me know.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: September 20, 2021 03:36

Anyone got a spare Lucky Dip single ticket for this show?

Date: September 27, 2021 19:37

BitchKeepsBitchin
Last minute decision to hit up Charlotte - will try to get there in time for the pre-parties. Also looking for a spare ticket but I'm not worried since there are plenty of tickets still unsold. If anyone is stuck with an extra ticket let me know.

Look me up, BKB. Going to The Public House Thursday afternoon.

I'll be the cool, good looking dude in a Stones shirt! Oh yeah, I'll have a drink in my hand! drinking smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 27, 2021 20:50

Elmo Lewis
BitchKeepsBitchin

Look me up, BKB. Going to The Public House Thursday afternoon.

I'll be the cool, good looking dude in a Stones shirt! Oh yeah, I'll have a drink in my hand! drinking smiley

Elmo! I’ll try to get by there. Hope to see you all at the Public House !

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: September 27, 2021 20:55

Booked the Hyatt Place downtown Charlotte starting tonight for 4 or 5 nights.
Insanely good price, only $118+tax even during the stones show.
Looking forward to connecting with any new and old faces.
I will be doing the whole tour and hitting my 100 show milestone

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: September 27, 2021 23:07

Hoping to get to a party Wednesday night after I roll into town, but will definitely be the early on Thursday afternoon...

Really looking forward to the show as I couldn't make St. Louis last night... already committed to Louder Than Life in Louisville, but the plans almost fell through and I woulda headed west on I-70 instead!

Safe travels for everyone coming into town...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home