Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: St. Louis, MO USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: curt ()
Date: September 25, 2021 14:39

In 1978 they did Sweet Little Sixteen...

Date: September 25, 2021 16:13

I think we'll get Waiting on a Friend and Little T&A from Keith tomorrow.

Just my predictions.

Although they did Waiting on a Friend in 1997 for the PPV so I'll go with Worried About You as an alternative.

Date: September 25, 2021 16:18

I voted for Fool to Cry.

I have seen the others live many times but not this one.

mariano
smileys with beer#Fool to Cry

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 25, 2021 16:22

schillid
Lotta rules nowadays...

Dome at America’s Center

Attendee Experience

Searches
For safety purposes, all guests entering the Dome at America's Center are required to pass a security check that includes a walk-thru metal detector. In the event the metal detector alerts, you may be asked to empty the contents of your pockets and pass thru the metal detector again. The Dome at America's Center reserves the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or other guests, or which are in breach of building policies and/or prohibited items. Any guest who declines to be searched may be denied entry or ejected from the Dome at America's Center.

Bag Policy
Approved bags include: diaper bags/parent bags, clear plastic bags no larger than 12" x 6" x 12", standard 1 gallon disposable zip-top bags, or a small clutch, with or without a handle, no larger than 4.5" x 6.5". Any bags outside of the above will not be allowed into the venue. All bags are subject to search.

Prohibited Items
Large bags of any kind, Weapons, Food not dispensed by dome concessionaires, Glass Containers (of any kind) Beverages, Alcoholic Beverages, Chains (of any kind), Bottles, Cans, Coolers, Containers, Thermoses, Glitter or Confetti, Peanuts in the shell, Projectiles (i.e. Frisbees, footballs or beach balls), Poles or sticks of any kind, Laser Pens or Laser Pointers, Laptop Computers, Animals or pets (not including service animals), Artificial noisemakers of any kind (i.e. cowbells or air horns), Illegal drugs or Substances, Fireworks, Candles, Flares, Balloons, Firearms, Knives, Missiles and Weapons of any kind, Mace and Pepper Gas, Any item that could obstruct a guest's view of the event, Any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate by management, Any other item/s deemed to be offensive or of risk.

Photo Policy
Prohibited: Professional cameras (meaning cameras with removable lens…cameras must be able to fit into a shirt pocket), video cameras, Go Pros, iPads, audio equipment and selfie sticks

Signs
Event does allow signs as long as they fit the following criteria: not larger than 28”x22”, cannot display profanity or objectionable images, cannot contain political wording/images, wording/images must be in good taste, cannot be on sticks/poles and security personnel does have the permission to ask guests with signs to lower their signs that are obstructing the view of other guests. Anything deemed inappropriate by management.

Re-Entry
In order to provide the safest environment for all guests, staff, participants and artists, guests will not be permitted to exit and re-enter the Dome at America's Center during events. Guests wishing to exit the Dome at America's Center for any reason will not be allowed back into the facility.

Lost or Separated Parties
Guest should notify the Guest Services or Public Safety team for assistance.

Smoking Policy
The Dome at America's Center is a smoke-free facility. A designated smoking area is set up in the courtyard near Gate A to allow guests access to smoke.

Weapons
Guests are prohibited from bringing weapons into the stadium. The Dome at America's Center does not provide weapon lockers and will not check in weapons at Guest Services. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc. Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest.

Code of Conduct
The Dome at America's Center is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience. Guests have a right to expect an environment where:

Guests will enjoy every event free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the restricted areas will be immediately ejected from the venue.
Guests will not smoke in the venue.
There will not be any obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing.
Guests will comply with requests from venue staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures. Guests will also be responsible for their own good time by reporting inappropriate behavior.
Guests will be able to communicate instantly, discreetly and directly with America's Center guest service center if assistance is needed in dealing with an unruly fan, a cleanup in their section or any issues and concerns that a guest may feel the need to report.
Guests who violate the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest.

Assumption of Risk
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Any interaction in any public place poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.

By attending an event at the Dome at America's Center, you assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus, or other pathogens capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however, caused or contracted, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against The America's Center, St. Louis Convention and Visitor Commission (DBA Explore St. Louis), St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority, the event promoters, sponsors, operators, contractors, agencies, advertisers, and/or vendors, and each of their affiliated companies, and any of the respective present and future parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, members, officers, directors, employees, stakeholders, shareholders, agents, insurers, representatives, successors and assigns of each of the foregoing entities and persons relating to such risks.

It could have been much safer just to have proof of vaccination or proof of a negative test within 72 hours before entering.
Even that's not a guarantee for personal safety, but it's alot better than throwing tens of thousands of people together in a stadium with many probably being unvaccinated.
Hopefully at the very least everyone voluntarily wears a proper mask when not eating or drinking...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 25, 2021 16:32

georgemcdonnell314
I voted for Fool to Cry.

I have seen the others live many times but not this one.

mariano
smileys with beer#Fool to Cry

Same here.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 25, 2021 16:33

georgemcdonnell314
I think we'll get Waiting on a Friend and Little T&A from Keith tomorrow.

Just my predictions.

Although they did Waiting on a Friend in 1997 for the PPV so I'll go with Worried About You as an alternative.

I think they did Worried About You here on the Bigger Bang tour.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: September 25, 2021 16:50

For all you Stoners heading to Sunday's show, I hope you have a great one! Let's all toast our Charlie, his awesome spirit will always be present. Cheers! smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 25, 2021 16:54

My last live Rolling Stones show was at Port Alegre in 2016.
The last time I saw Charlie on stage.

They performed Ruby Tuesday in the pouring rain and it was great.

They got my vote to play it on first gig of the Tour in St Louis. smileys with beer

Date: September 25, 2021 16:58

If we get a B stage I hope the songs are rocking. I'd prefer this to the acoustic set. Others may disagree but I prefer the up tempo.

Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: September 25, 2021 19:00

What’s goin on near the Arch? Party on the Lawn? HMU

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 25, 2021 19:01

georgemcdonnell314
If we get a B stage I hope the songs are rocking. I'd prefer this to the acoustic set. Others may disagree but I prefer the up tempo.

I just hope they do a B stage set. I’m wondering how much time they will spend that far out into the audience. Of course I want them to stay as safe as possible. Maybe the barricades will be a little further back than normal.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: September 25, 2021 19:10

Someone who had a friend attend a Blake Shelton concert Thursday night at the St. Louis Blues hockey arena, said there was a catwalk into the floor seats like the Stones use, but Shelton spent very little time at the end of the catwalk. Much to the chagrin of the person who paid a premium secondary market price for a seat opposite the end of the catwalk.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 25, 2021 19:16

dhinkle555
Someone who had a friend attend a Blake Shelton concert Thursday night at the St. Louis Blues hockey arena, said there was a catwalk into the floor seats like the Stones use, but Shelton spent very little time at the end of the catwalk. Much to the chagrin of the person who paid a premium secondary market price for a seat opposite the end of the catwalk.

That sucks, but I totally understand why and don’t blame the artists. Mick needs room to run though…

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 26, 2021 02:31

In 26 hours from now The Rolling Stones will be on stage in St Louis MO USA. The trucks are all parked outside the Dome. The band have finished rehearsals. For the next 48 hours St Louis will be Stonesland. Fans are filling up the city and hotels.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-26 02:31 by bv.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 26, 2021 03:13

To everyone going tomorrow: Have a great time! I’m jealous!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2021 03:26

Have fun and stay safe everyone...looks like there's still thousands of face value tix on ticketmaster including Pit 1 and 2...maybe even some price drops in various sections.
Plenty of elbow room, and if I was within 100 miles from there I'd think about getting a ticket tomorrow right before show time on stubhub when prices will be at their lowest.
Looking forward to tomorrows updates, and hoping they play Ruby Tuesday.thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 26, 2021 03:43

Lucky devils!

Show-goers, please have a great time and report in detail, okay? cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: stegie77 ()
Date: September 26, 2021 04:19

Any info on city specific posters and shirts? Any sighting of merch trailers around The Dome?

Date: September 26, 2021 04:22

I like many others will head to the Dome in the afternoon and will post any merchandise photo's and if there are any special entry restrictions I'll post them as well.

stegie77
Any info on city specific posters and shirts? Any sighting of merch trailers around The Dome?

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: September 26, 2021 05:19

Will anyone be live streaming the shows?

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: September 26, 2021 06:00

I love Wild Horses, but would want to hear something rarer, so the choices would be Ruby Tuesday or Fool To Cry. For me, Ruby Tuesday has been an uncharacteristically pretty song, for the Rolling Stones, and I don't look to them for pretty. So, Fool To Cry. Were I going.

Latest figures for % of states' adult populations being fully vaxxed ( [www.nytimes.com] ) show the four concert venue states with the lowest vaccination rates to be:

59.2% North Carolina (35th out of 50)
57.6 % Missouri (39th)
55.4% Georgia (42nd)
54.9% Tennessee (44th)

When 60% of the U.S. age 18+ pop was fully vaxxed awhile back, the rate for age 65+ was 80%. I'm guessing the population matching a Stones audience median age to be about halfway between those. So, maybe 70% nationally, at that time.

If that's roughly correct, I'd estimate about 2/3 of the St. Louis crowd tomorrow night will be vaxxed. So maybe 13,000 or 14,000 unvaxxed folks in the mix?

Charlotte, Nashville, and Atlanta will be pretty similar. I'm going to those last two.

I'll be interested in reports or pics of the pit crowds tomorrow night, to see what the masked vs unmasked ratio will be.

(I managed get my 3rd Pfizer shot my first day eligible, though, Friday Sep. 24. That's very lucky timing, 15 days before Nashville. I encourage it, of course, for everybody who can get one before their shows.)

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: September 26, 2021 06:14

So I have been chilling at the bar at the Marriott. Lot's of T-Shirts from past concerts walking around.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 26, 2021 06:56

Please do NOT post general covid-19 comments or speculations here. There is a separate covid-19 thread on IORR.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 26, 2021 07:29

Enjoy the show, everyone!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 26, 2021 09:57

georgemcdonnell314
I like many others will head to the Dome in the afternoon and will post any merchandise photo's and if there are any special entry restrictions I'll post them as well.

stegie77

Brilliant George, looking forward to the reports

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 26, 2021 10:59

Kerryann
Will anyone be live streaming the shows?

Don't know of anyone at the moment, but check in here at showtime and there will be people checking for live streams.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 26, 2021 11:30

Green Lady

there will be people checking for live streams

Search now on Twitter for live streams (Twitter Live) instead of Periscope - the Periscope-App was discontinued since March 31, 2021: [Help.Twitter.com] , [Help.Twitter.com] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 26, 2021 11:53

Facebook live is another option if a friend/someone you follow is at the show and is streaming it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-26 11:59 by Topi.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: September 26, 2021 13:52

What a great day!

As always, I will enjoy reading the setlist as it appears here tonight.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 26, 2021 14:28

Have a great show all - looking forward to reports

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home