Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: St. Louis, MO USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 23, 2021 19:06

Still have an extra bed at Hyatt Arch for a good price if someone needs place to crash for the night after the show

(put this under Lucky Dips as a possible trade as well)

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 23, 2021 19:43

highgatehillbilly
city health department and dome staff are, for very good reason, taking this very seriously. city, county and state are in bad shape. there will be spotters in each section looking for mask violators. offenders will be ejected.

City and county are having events where only proof of vaccination or negative test are necessary (Buddy Guy in the county in a few weeks, Blues games in the city also in a few weeks). Wonder why they're treating this differently.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 23, 2021 20:15

I was at the Over/Under Bar & Grill on 911 Washington Avenue on Tuesday, when I arrived into St Louis. It was ok. They had an outdoor area, nobody used it.

Yesterday I walked all over the area for three hours, blocks and blocks, all the way to the Arch, all the hotels have closed their restaurants, they just serve by the bar, a very limited bar menu.

I will do another long walk today, will check out larger areas of the city.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: September 23, 2021 20:15

kovach
highgatehillbilly
city health department and dome staff are, for very good reason, taking this very seriously. city, county and state are in bad shape. there will be spotters in each section looking for mask violators. offenders will be ejected.

City and county are having events where only proof of vaccination or negative test are necessary (Buddy Guy in the county in a few weeks, Blues games in the city also in a few weeks). Wonder why they're treating this differently.

The real question is if you you have to show prove of being vaccinated or negative test within the last 72 hours for shows at Riverport or St. Louis Music Park, both outdoors, right next to each other, why don't the St. Louis Cardinals Baseball Team, which is outdoors also, have to follow same rules? Sam Page, his bias rules, Yes bias rules by the seat of his pants are based on one thing $$$$$$$$$$$$$ nothing else. if your going to enforce nonsense then make sure you enforce the nonsense equally not pick and choose who you want to be a pain in the a$$ on. The rules of masks for the Stones show, happened after the return date to get refund from ticketmaster expired. odd won't you say? If we would have know this before would have returned 6 tickets, gotten refund.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: September 23, 2021 20:23

therevivalists-[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 23, 2021 21:01

Has anybody on here seen the Revivalists? I’m in the Pit and from experience it’s a long time to stand for these old legs but if it’s worth seeing them I will tough it out.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 23, 2021 21:06

Revitalists from NOLA are great!
Saw them warmup for the Stones in Jacksonville last tour and many other times.
Well worth checking them out.

[twitter.com]

Date: September 23, 2021 21:07

Thanks Spike.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 23, 2021 22:04

keefmick
Has anybody on here seen the Revivalists? I’m in the Pit and from experience it’s a long time to stand for these old legs but if it’s worth seeing them I will tough it out.

I saw them at Jazz Fest in NOLA a few years ago. They were great in front of their hometown audience.

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: September 23, 2021 22:09

Rolling1
kovach
highgatehillbilly

The real question is if you you have to show prove of being vaccinated or negative test within the last 72 hours for shows at Riverport or St. Louis Music Park, both outdoors, right next to each other, why don't the St. Louis Cardinals Baseball Team, which is outdoors also, have to follow same rules? Sam Page, his bias rules, Yes bias rules by the seat of his pants are based on one thing $$$$$$$$$$$$$ nothing else. if your going to enforce nonsense then make sure you enforce the nonsense equally not pick and choose who you want to be a pain in the a$$ on. The rules of masks for the Stones show, happened after the return date to get refund from ticketmaster expired. odd won't you say? If we would have know this before would have returned 6 tickets, gotten refund.

Hi, are any of those 6 tickets still available for sale/transfer? I'm potentially looking for a ticket myself. Wearing a mask doesn't bother me, Was playing on doing it even before it was required.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-23 22:10 by jon12345.

Date: September 23, 2021 22:26

jon12345

Hi, are any of those 6 tickets still available for sale/transfer? I'm potentially looking for a ticket myself. Wearing a mask doesn't bother me, Was playing on doing it even before it was required.

There are plenty of tickets still available on TicketMaster. Hope you can make it!

Date: September 23, 2021 23:21

jon12345
Rolling1
kovach
highgatehillbilly

Yes, 1 ticket is available, Section 138 JJ seats 1-6 173.10 also if you interested have a LD for Nashville 45.40 would have to meet you in front of stadium, not asking for money till we would meet on Nashville.

Date: September 24, 2021 01:31

Rolling1
kovach
highgatehillbilly

2 different govt bodies, city & county, but even the city isn't consistent with the Blues arena doing something different than the dome.

Date: September 24, 2021 02:06

kovach
Rolling1
kovach
highgatehillbilly

2 different govt bodies, city & county, but even the city isn't consistent with the Blues arena doing something different than the dome.

They are consistent. They are consistently letting each venue make up their own requirements.

Date: September 24, 2021 02:29

Date: September 24, 2021 02:33

georgemcdonnell314
kovach
Rolling1
kovach
highgatehillbilly

They are consistent. They are consistently letting each venue make up their own requirements.

Consistent with all levels of government in the U.S.

FDA, CDC, and NIH (among others) still giving different messages too.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2021 02:46

Fantastic!
Doubt they'll do any out on the town time as the article suggests, but no doubt they're rehearsing still.

With the news that Steve had been rehearsing with Keith since July, and listening to the clips from the private show, I think they'll be ready to really bring it on Sunday.
Leaving tomorrow night already on a red eye.. can hardly believe this tour is finally getting off the ground. smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2021 02:56

"St. Louis City ordinance requires wearing a mask indoors. However, proof of vaccination or negative COVID test is not required to enter The Dome at America’s Center".

Wow...doesn't seem right as Missouri is way down on the list of fully vaccinated with only 47% and way down at #39 as far as fully vaccinated states go.
Hope everything goes smooth for everyone on stage and in attendance - looking forward to following live online if there's any feeds, and then reading reviews, watching videos, etc.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 03:13

Hairball-that is why there are so many tickets left. Lots of people just choosing to eat tickets too. Not much of an effort to protect fans.

Date: September 24, 2021 03:26

Yeah TumblinDice76 - I just took a look at Ticketmaster, and it's incredible to see the amount of tickets available.
Seems they're only selling standard face value now (I see no platinums, VIP's, resales, etc., etc.), and a rough estimate would be about apprx. 50% sold based on all the blue dots.
And face value Pits in both sections still available for an opening show? Unheard of, and surprised they're not drastically dropping prices by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 03:26 by Hairball.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 03:29

St. Louis on Sunday night may be one of the rare shows where the majority of fans isn't local. MO or IL residents.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 24, 2021 03:50

TumblinDice76
Hairball-that is why there are so many tickets left. Lots of people just choosing to eat tickets too. Not much of an effort to protect fans.

I am associated with parties who both resell tickets and sell primary market tickets.

The first half of the year, and especially March thru June, there were indications we were on the verge of a massive post-Covid boom and there was going to unprecedented pent up demand for concerts.

But by the 4th week of July when it was apparent vaccination targets were not being met and Delta was starting to rage, sales just fell off a cliff.

I know smaller ticket brokers losing ten grand a week (but still not in the red because Jan thru June was so profitable), I have heard anecdotally of 75% scan rates at some small venues while a close friend who manages a small bar that still does advance sales said for him it's closer to 60%.

So yes, tens of thousands of people across the country are simply choosing not to use previously purchased tickets.

This also has long term implications for the industry as well, as lots of fans feeling wronged and ripped off will be less likely to spend in the future.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 24, 2021 03:57

I was thinking of buying the rock bottom cheapest and just self upgrading into the unsold close seats like I did at GNR but a friend told me this stadium is not easy to move around.

So I set the budget for 150-200$ but still aiming for a lot closer than what's available for that price now. Probably gonna just buy off Tickpick that afternoon (***).

The fact that travel & accommodations are free and have other activities planned beyond the Stones make getting just the right ticket a little less of a priority.

(*** a lot of events that are Safetix/transfer only the secondary market kills the listing way before ticket time so waiting too long can also screw you)

Date: September 24, 2021 04:20

MisterDDDD
can hardly believe this tour is finally getting off the ground. smileys with beer

It’s happening!!! hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Date: September 24, 2021 04:28

I think low ticket sales is a combination of things. Some just aren't ready to deal with a crowd regardless of mask/vac status. Then there are travel restrictions so many of the fans who would noramlly make a trek even for a few hours drive are not making it. Overseas travel restrictions will also stop many of the loyal fans from coming.

I can certainly understand anyone not wanting to make or go to the shows. There is always a risk involved and certainly much of our current situation is still unknown to all of us.

Date: September 24, 2021 04:41

On a very important note, why haven’t we seen the tour merch yet?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 24, 2021 04:54

Rehearsals today at the Dome in St Louis.
The Dome do have massive concrete & brick walls and roof, you don't hear a thing.

Bjornulf

Date: September 24, 2021 05:06

georgemcdonnell314
I think low ticket sales is a combination of things. Some just aren't ready to deal with a crowd regardless of mask/vac status. Then there are travel restrictions so many of the fans who would noramlly make a trek even for a few hours drive are not making it. Overseas travel restrictions will also stop many of the loyal fans from coming.

I can certainly understand anyone not wanting to make or go to the shows. There is always a risk involved and certainly much of our current situation is still unknown to all of us.

There's also the "No Charlie" factor which surely has had an impact on some people's decision who might have been thinking of attending.
For many people, just too many dark clouds to maneuver through this tour, including the ones you mentioned (covid, travel restrictions, etc.).

Date: September 24, 2021 05:17

kovach
Rolling1
kovach
highgatehillbilly

2 different bodies...Mayor Jones & Sam Page work together. You brought up the Blues/Dome, Don't you find it odd, blues hockey saturday night at savvis center 24 hours later & few city blocks away Stones, yet no masks at savvis but dome yes. today heard they're taking your temperature. Better be in line at 3pm so when the doors open at 530pm you get in before the show starts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 05:19 by Rolling1.

Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: September 24, 2021 06:01

extra bed at the Hyatt, sat and sunday night for hippy chick,420 patient

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2121
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home