Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: St. Louis, MO USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 05:26

kovach
Glad I can help!

Kovach,

I think this is my last question about hotels:Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown West. 2340 Market St at Jefferson. Close to the Dome. Would you recommend it? I'll owe you 2 drinks if I see you! Thanks, Sockers56

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 07:53

Worth mentioning again, I managed a room with two double beds at Hyatt/Arch (walking distance) for very good price.. Willing to share if someone needs

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 15, 2021 19:29

Sockers56
kovach
Glad I can help!

Kovach,

I think this is my last question about hotels:Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Downtown West. 2340 Market St at Jefferson. Close to the Dome. Would you recommend it? I'll owe you 2 drinks if I see you! Thanks, Sockers56

I don't know much about that hotel, but it's probably close to a mile away, through areas you wouldn't want to walk at night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 19:49 by kovach.

Date: September 16, 2021 00:09

Thanks, Kovach.

Date: September 16, 2021 03:27

Sockers56
Thanks, Kovach.

You bet!

It's not far from our revitalized Union Station.

If you get a chance and like Italian food, try Lombardos in the Drury near there, fantastic. Hopefully they still have the flash fried spinach appetizer, phenomenal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 17:34 by kovach.

Date: September 16, 2021 17:34

Sockers56
kovach
Glad I can help!

Kovach,

I don't know much about that hotel, but it's probably close to a mile away, through areas you wouldn't want to walk at night. Not like high crime areas but you'll be all by yourself so you don't know what you'll run into.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 17:34 by kovach.

Date: September 16, 2021 17:56

If you go to Taste of St. Louis at Ballpark Village, please leave your horse at home:

Man on Horse at Ballpark Village

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 16, 2021 19:08

The Gateway to The West is looking like the Wild West these days, Kovach tongue sticking out smiley

10 Days until show time!! hot smiley

Date: September 17, 2021 02:31

My son's coming home from college Friday, which is my birthday, and he roped me in to taking him to see Judas Priest Saturday, then we got the Stones on Sunday! Busy Weekend!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 17, 2021 03:10

kovach
My son's coming home from college Friday, which is my birthday, and he roped me in to taking him to see Judas Priest Saturday, then we got the Stones on Sunday! Busy Weekend!

Congrats and happy early b'day!
Sounds like a great time.. Took my son to one last tour, he and his wife ended up in the pit via my Lucky Dips!
They're still going on about it smileys with beer

Date: September 17, 2021 03:33

MisterDDDD
kovach

Congrats and happy early b'day!
Sounds like a great time.. Took my son to one last tour, he and his wife ended up in the pit via my Lucky Dips!
They're still going on about it smileys with beer

Thanks!

My kids 20 and this will be his 3rd Stones tour.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 17, 2021 03:38

So I decided I wanted to be there for the tour opener and will be arriving on Saturday. Too stressful to arrive on show day, with possible delayed flights etc. Anyone have any tips for things to do besides go up the Arch? Don't mind ubering places that aren't more than say 30 minutes away. Staying downtown. Thanks.

Date: September 17, 2021 04:01

kovach
Sockers56
kovach
Glad I can help!

Kovach,

I don't know much about that hotel, but it's probably close to a mile away, through areas you wouldn't want to walk at night. Not like high crime areas but you'll be all by yourself so you don't know what you'll run into.

Kovach, I finally reserved a room at The Marriott St Louis Grand. 2 nights $481. What do you think of the price?

Posted by: irishjohnnie ()
Date: September 17, 2021 11:12

I've booked a riverboat tour at 3, and arch tour at 4:20. The Zoo is free and one of the best in the country.

Date: September 17, 2021 14:50

Sockers56
kovach
Sockers56
kovach
Glad I can help!

Kovach,

Kovach, I finally reserved a room at The Marriott St Louis Grand. 2 nights $481. What do you think of the price?

I hope that's not per night. If not probably reasonable considering the nearby event. It's a nice place. Mind you I live here so don't stay in a lot of hotels here! smileys with beer

Date: September 17, 2021 14:52

keefmick
So I decided I wanted to be there for the tour opener and will be arriving on Saturday. Too stressful to arrive on show day, with possible delayed flights etc. Anyone have any tips for things to do besides go up the Arch? Don't mind ubering places that aren't more than say 30 minutes away. Staying downtown. Thanks.

Myself and others have pointed out a ton of things to do in this thread if you just want to read backwards.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 17, 2021 14:57

Thanks Kovach.

Date: September 17, 2021 16:56

9 days to go.

I am really pumped up for this.

Guess I need my "stones fix"........it's been since Miami and I feel like something has been missing the last year or so.

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: September 17, 2021 21:03

Wow, I can't believe we are just over a week away from tour opener!
Does anyone know what time the box office opens on show day?
TM says box office normally opens 3 hours prior to start time (7:30pm) which would be 4:30pm.
See you in line!

Date: September 18, 2021 00:56

Chitown most of the times there are fans like me who walk around the venue the evening before to watch some of the set up and to see if they are doing a soundcheck.

Someone will post the hours here and where to line up.

Chitown23
Wow, I can't believe we are just over a week away from tour opener!
Does anyone know what time the box office opens on show day?
TM says box office normally opens 3 hours prior to start time (7:30pm) which would be 4:30pm.
See you in line!

Date: September 18, 2021 01:26

don’t attend if you can’t/won’t follow the rules:

The Dome at America’s Center
Sunday September 26th, 2021 7:30PM
Doors open at 5:30PM
Please arrive early!
FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE DOME AT AMERICA’S CENTER!
Health and Safety Compliance/Face Coverings:
Guests are required to wear masks at all times, except while eating or drinking as part of our health and safety standards. Eating and drinking is allowed in your seating pod. Eating or drinking is prohibited while walking from the concession stand to your seat.
Face coverings must be fully covering the nose and mouth at all time.
Compliance with health and safety rules is mandatory, and attendance is conditioned on such compliance. If a guest violates any health and safety rules, the guest may be denied entry to or ejected from the venue, with no recourse for ticket refund.

Date: September 18, 2021 03:24

highgatehillbilly
don’t attend if you can’t/won’t follow the rules:

The Dome at America’s Center
Sunday September 26th, 2021 7:30PM
Doors open at 5:30PM
Please arrive early!
FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE DOME AT AMERICA’S CENTER!
Health and Safety Compliance/Face Coverings:
Guests are required to wear masks at all times, except while eating or drinking as part of our health and safety standards. Eating and drinking is allowed in your seating pod. Eating or drinking is prohibited while walking from the concession stand to your seat.
Face coverings must be fully covering the nose and mouth at all time.
Compliance with health and safety rules is mandatory, and attendance is conditioned on such compliance. If a guest violates any health and safety rules, the guest may be denied entry to or ejected from the venue, with no recourse for ticket refund.

I bet a lot of people will be eating and drinking continuously. smileys with beer

Date: September 18, 2021 04:31

kovach
Sockers56
kovach
Sockers56
kovach
Glad I can help!

Kovach,

I hope that's not per night. If not probably reasonable considering the nearby event. It's a nice place. Mind you I live here so don't stay in a lot of hotels here! smileys with beer

Yes, $481 for both nights. Do you have Facebook? I would like to send you a private message & perhaps get your cell as I was serious about buying you a drink!

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 17:20

Can someone recommend a good sports bar near the Magnolia hotel? Also, are there any bars hosting pre-show events? What is a good place near the venue for that?

Date: September 18, 2021 17:24

Sockers56
kovach
Sockers56
kovach
Sockers56
kovach
Glad I can help!

Kovach,

Yes, $481 for both nights. Do you have Facebook? I would like to send you a private message & perhaps get your cell as I was serious about buying you a drink!

I don't do Facebook, sorry.

Appreciate the offer but I'm going to be with a large group of family and friends so may be preoccupied.

Just let me know after if you had a good time and if my information was helpful, that's all the thanks I need!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-18 17:42 by kovach.

Date: September 18, 2021 17:26

kv2915
Can someone recommend a good sports bar near the Magnolia hotel? Also, are there any bars hosting pre-show events? What is a good place near the venue for that?

Over/Under is a good sports bar very close by.

Or just head over to Ballpark Village for Taste of St. Louis, it has an abundance of bars, sports included.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 18, 2021 19:59

Look at these prices!

[www.tickpick.com]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:04

I was just looking at the St. Louis ticket map on TM. They have actually eliminated seats as well. Those sections in the lower bowl directly to the side of the stage, have been eliminated by about 75%. This would be a great show to have LDs. $25 next Sunday in St. Louis would probably get you a REALLY good seat!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:10

They might allow free walk-ins at showtime to help fill the void.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:10

TumblinDice76
I was just looking at the St. Louis ticket map on TM. They have actually eliminated seats as well. Those sections in the lower bowl directly to the side of the stage, have been eliminated by about 75%. This would be a great show to have LDs. $25 next Sunday in St. Louis would probably get you a REALLY good seat!

I am coming in, will get my ticket day of unless someone has a spare LD. Can possibly trade for 10/14 but it's also possible that show doesn't happen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home