Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16
Re: St. Louis, MO USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 13, 2021 06:20

Glad I can help!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 13, 2021 08:44

2 questions:

is the beer free on these brewery tours?

Will it still be humid at that time of year?

plexi

Date: September 13, 2021 08:49

Is Chuck Berry's house a historical landmark or can it at least be seen from the outside? Is there a plaque there or some kind of recognition?

plexi

Date: September 13, 2021 14:54

timbernardis
2 questions:

plexi

Weather in St. Louis is always a crap shoot!

I'd say probably but it should start to cool down so will be tolerable.

Right now they're saying high of 78, mostly sunny with a few cloids, and 22% chance of rain, overnight low of 57.

I think they give you 2 free beers if your choice. I believe though that they have put in a biergarten where you can eat and purchase more.

We have a number of good microbreweries in St. Louis. Schlafly is popular (2 locations, 1 downtown), Urban Chestnut is another (2 locations, 1 downtown though food is limited at that location, the other in Tower Grove has a pretty good menu). A whole host of others, Civil Life, Four Hands, Center Ice, Morgan Street, Side Project (which wins worldwide awards consistently though I haven't been there yet), and many many more.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-13 15:10 by kovach.

Date: September 13, 2021 15:07

timbernardis
Is Chuck Berry's house a historical landmark or can it at least be seen from the outside? Is there a plaque there or some kind of recognition?

plexi

Not that I'm aware of. I think his wife still lives there. It's probably a good 40 miles outside of St. Louis on a large piece of property, doubt you can see much.

We do now have a blues museum that opened a few years ago downtown only a few blocks from the dome that is worth checking out.

There's also a new exhibit at our Missouri History museum in Forest Park called The St. Louis Sound, I haven't seen it yet but plan to.

Many of our attractions are free here, the Art Museum, Zoo, Science Center, Missouri History Museum, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-13 15:15 by kovach.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 13, 2021 15:27

Thanks for all the info kovach! Much appreciated.

Only visited St Louis once for business about 15 years ago.
Went to a Rams/Seahawks game, where the company had a suite.
The hospitality and overall niceness of the people there was remarkable.

Nicest football fans I've ever encountered.
When the Rams would have a big play, or score.. a few said to me.. don't worry they won't win..
Meanwhile, I'm hooting and hollering like a fool at every Hawk big play cool smiley

Great people there in the midwest.. salt of the earth.
Which absolutely should make Keith's set smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 13, 2021 16:07

timbernardis
2 questions:

plexi

You pay $15 or so for the tour and you get one or two very small glasses of day fresh brewed beer without paying extra for them. I have done the tour during 2-3 St Louis travels over the years, and from memory it is sort of on the upper floors indoors some place, then we get to the Clydesdales horses. But it's a few years back, may be they changed things. It's all here:

[www.budweisertours.com]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Laminateman ()
Date: September 13, 2021 17:08

I'm staying at an airbnb in the 1000th block of Olive street. Hopefully that's a safe walk back after the show. Didn't look too far on the map.

Date: September 13, 2021 17:36

Laminateman
I'm staying at an airbnb in the 1000th block of Olive street. Hopefully that's a safe walk back after the show. Didn't look too far on the map.

Probably will be fine, there's a large parking garage a block away I bet will be busy.

As BV said, there'll be a flood of people swarming out at once, I suspect most will stay within the confines of 12th/Tucker to the West, Memorial to the East, Washington to the North and Chestnut to the South, though just a few more blocks further are the hotels around the ballpark that some may want to stay at due to the Taste of St. Louis taking place.

There are some good restaurants/bars further west on Washington past 12th/Tucker I encourage people to check out pre-show. A bit risky after though.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-13 17:40 by kovach.

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: September 13, 2021 20:10

“ there's a large parking garage a block away I bet will be busy.”

I believe that’s the parking garage I’ve picked out for our hotel, the Magnolia. I think there is a garage directly across from the hotel but I’m thinking it’s a bit more expensive?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 13, 2021 20:30

Kind of feel like if this show was a Friday night or a Saturday night it would have helped the slow ticket sales.

Date: September 13, 2021 20:50

IgotDbluez
“ there's a large parking garage a block away I bet will be busy.”

I believe that’s the parking garage I’ve picked out for our hotel, the Magnolia. I think there is a garage directly across from the hotel but I’m thinking it’s a bit more expensive?

I was referring to one above the Schnucks grocery store at 9th and Locust.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 13, 2021 23:49

I still feel the same about my earlier St. Louis post (I took it down cuz the same point has been made over and over) ... BUT because of Kovach's kindness/helpfulness to everyone visiting his city I, too, have decided to make the opener as it's only a 7 hour drive.

Got a "very good" rate at the Hyatt/Arch for two nights with two beds in hopes someone might want to share the room, even if only for a night

Also don't have ticket yet but that's least of my worries

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 14, 2021 00:16

snoopy2
I still feel the same about my earlier St. Louis post (I took it down cuz the same point has been made over and over) ... BUT because of Kovach's kindness/helpfulness to everyone visiting his city I, too, have decided to make the opener as it's only a 7 hour drive.

Got a "very good" rate at the Hyatt/Arch for two nights with two beds in hopes someone might want to share the room, even if only for a night

Whoohoo!! I think a lot of us are feeling a strong pull to be there for this one. Glad you’re able to join. Looks like there are plenty of great tickets left.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 14, 2021 00:39

BFR
snoopy2

Whoohoo!! I think a lot of us are feeling a strong pull to be there for this one. Glad you’re able to join. Looks like there are plenty of great tickets left.

Funny cuz when tour first announced St Louis was only show I didn't want to attend..Maybe exorcise some demons on this visit (AND exercisesmiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2021 01:38

kovach
timbernardis
2 questions:

plexi

Right now they're saying high of 78, mostly sunny with a few cloids, and 22% chance of rain, overnight low of 57.

I think they give you 2 free beers if your choice. I believe though that they have put in a biergarten where you can eat and purchase more.

We have a number of good microbreweries in St. Louis. Schlafly is popular (2 locations, 1 downtown), Urban Chestnut is another (2 locations, 1 downtown though food is limited at that location, the other in Tower Grove has a pretty good menu). A whole host of others, Civil Life, Four Hands, Center Ice, Morgan Street, Side Project (which wins worldwide awards consistently though I haven't been there yet), and many many more.

is it a good idea to make a reservation for the tours, esp with Taste of St. Louis going on, or is that even possible?

plexi

Date: September 14, 2021 01:42

bv
timbernardis
2 questions:

plexi

You pay $15 or so for the tour and you get one or two very small glasses of day fresh brewed beer without paying extra for them. I have done the tour during 2-3 St Louis travels over the years, and from memory it is sort of on the upper floors indoors some place, then we get to the Clydesdales horses. But it's a few years back, may be they changed things. It's all here:

[www.budweisertours.com]

That link brings this message: The connection for this site is not secure, and I can't get in.

plexi

Date: September 14, 2021 01:45

TumblinDice76
Kind of feel like if this show was a Friday night or a Saturday night it would have helped the slow ticket sales.

slow ticket sales and empty seats I really don't like, but if it means that my chances of getting into the pit with LD's are better, that's good.

plexi

Date: September 14, 2021 03:48

timbernardis
kovach
timbernardis
2 questions:

plexi

is it a good idea to make a reservation for the tours, esp with Taste of St. Louis going on, or is that even possible?

plexi

Can't help you there, I have no idea.

The Brewery is nowhere near the Taste of St. Louis though, I really wouldn't see that affecting tours.

Believe it or not I only took the tour once maybe 10 years ago on a whim, we just parked in the lot and went in and paid for it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 05:55 by kovach.

Date: September 14, 2021 04:05

I think this is my 6th time I have seen them in St. Louis. Anyone know how many shows they have played here?

Didn't they play a stadium a couple of times?

They played in a smaller dome the first time I saw them here.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 14, 2021 04:14

8 times. Only once at Busch-1989. The Dome in 1997.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 04:15 by TumblinDice76.

Date: September 14, 2021 19:12

From Explore St. Louis
Face coverings are required at all times while in The Dome at America’s Center!

Guests are required to wear masks at all times, except while eating or drinking as part of our health and safety standards. Eating and drinking is allowed in your seating pod. Eating or drinking is prohibited while walking from the concession stand to your seat.
Face coverings must be fully covering the nose and mouth at all time.
Compliance with health and safety rules is mandatory, and attendance is conditioned on such compliance. If a guest violates any health and safety rules, the guest may be denied entry to or ejected from the venue, with no recourse for ticket refund.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 14, 2021 19:47

BFR
From Explore St. Louis

Guests are required to wear masks at all times, except while eating or drinking as part of our health and safety standards. Eating and drinking is allowed in your seating pod. Eating or drinking is prohibited while walking from the concession stand to your seat.
Compliance with health and safety rules is mandatory, and attendance is conditioned on such compliance. If a guest violates any health and safety rules, the guest may be denied entry to or ejected from the venue, with no recourse for ticket refund.

smileys with beer
I'm all in.. now just deciding which Stones mask to wear over my medical grade mask. Would prefer vax/test proof required shows. But-
With precautions fully vaxxed people have very little to be concerned about.

Date: September 14, 2021 21:24

MisterDDDD
BFR
From Explore St. Louis

smileys with beer
I'm all in.. now just deciding which Stones mask to wear over my medical grade mask. Would prefer vax/test proof required shows. But-

Gonna make for one hell of a weird concert video.

Date: September 14, 2021 21:44

MisterDDDD
smileys with beer

Yeah, I wish they would require a vaccine proof but since I’m fully vaccinated and will be wearing a mask, I’m as safe there as I am at any other public place, so I’m all in, too smiling bouncing smiley

Date: September 14, 2021 23:01

Has anyone set up a tailgate party for this yet? The Marriott I am staying at is just a short walk to the dome.

Any suggestions?

I do not think an indoor location is appropriate but a party in the parking lot sounds like fun.

Date: September 14, 2021 23:34

georgemcdonnell314
Has anyone set up a tailgate party for this yet? The Marriott I am staying at is just a short walk to the dome.

Any suggestions?

I do not think an indoor location is appropriate but a party in the parking lot sounds like fun.

Not really a big parking lot area, lots of garages. I think there's some greenspace on east side of the dome.

Theres a few bars/restaurants nearby in Washington with patios, Over/Under sports bar, Rosalitas Mexican.

Date: September 14, 2021 23:48

The Over/Under looks good. They open at 11:00 AM on Sundays. Bar food but lots of options and a short walk from The Dome and the hotels a lot of us are staying in. They’ve got patio seating and lots of TVs for NFL viewing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 00:06 by BFR.

Date: September 15, 2021 02:20

BFR
The Over/Under looks good. They open at 11:00 AM on Sundays. Bar food but lots of options and a short walk from The Dome and the hotels a lot of us are staying in. They’ve got patio seating and lots of TVs for NFL viewing.

It's actually pretty good food for a sports bar.

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: September 15, 2021 03:17

BFR
From Explore St. Louis

Thanks for posting this info. Have my 3 Stones masks ready to go!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1931
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home